Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's in the middle of a major metropolitan area so it's surrounded by hundreds of thousands of zombies, and the show established that military bases were completely overrun.

It's right next to Alexandria, which is irl a major metropolitan area too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Zzulu posted:

You could probably fortify several skyscrapers and they'd be largely impenetrable by zombies and humans alike instead of going out into the woods where you cant see poo poo and putting up a shoddy wall

Experiences with fences:
- Routinely snuck into Woodbury
- Prison rendered uninhabitable when chain link fence broke
- Terminus destroyed when fence was blown up
- Wolves stormed Alexandria
- Garbage McPoyles sneak in and steal Gabriel

Experiences with tall concrete buildings:
- Atlanta. Had to take hostages to get inside and then wound up in a stand off in a narrow hallway.

Maybe they need the land for farming? Nope, we don't do that stuff. Maybe they have learned to defend fences? Nope - just one guy walking around inside where he can't see poo poo on the outside is fine.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Dying from Zombies Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Dead Like Nigga Open Your Eyes Haha

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Panzeh posted:

It's always kinda weird how these post-apocalyptic/zombie shows try to go for a 'life is cheap, world is hyper-violent' thing when they also try to show that 'life is rare'. Seems bizarre to me.

It's more that resources are scarce so you fight over them. There's no authorities to protect property. I wouldn't say it's illogical.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
There are authorities

They're called the Saviours and they are going to save the human race by bringing back order and civilization

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bates posted:

You're not wrong, there's not a single fence that's done poo poo but the only civilization Rick has met and hasn't wiped out had a concrete building.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

moist turtleneck posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Dying from Zombies Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Dead Like Nigga Open Your Eyes Haha

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Why don't they just pack up and head to Minneapolis? They can take over a block of buildings, use the skywalks to get from place to place during the winter to avoid the streets. And the stupid walkers won't be able to survive a winter up there. Assuming World War Z rules, that is.

Clearly Negan and co have that area on lockdown so LEAVE.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

moist turtleneck posted:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Why don't they just, you know, pack up and go to LOCATION

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Kelly posted:

Why don't they just pack up and head to Minneapolis? They can take over a block of buildings, use the skywalks to get from place to place during the winter to avoid the streets. And the stupid walkers won't be able to survive a winter up there. Assuming World War Z rules, that is.

Clearly Negan and co have that area on lockdown so LEAVE.

I don't think cold or water or whatever does anything to the walkers. It even gives the impression that they could walk across the sea bed to a place without an issue since we never see them die of anything other than smashing their brain.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

moist turtleneck posted:

Yo can we make this the thread title?

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

You can't write a group of trash scavengers that talk like a medieval tribe and say things like "The Up Up Up" and get away with it unless you are literally George Miller. And George Miller wouldn't write something that stupid.

The episode's production designer is Graham Walker who produced Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, which explains a lot about the Mad Max Lite vibe the whole junkyard group has

Taear posted:

I don't think cold or water or whatever does anything to the walkers. It even gives the impression that they could walk across the sea bed to a place without an issue since we never see them die of anything other than smashing their brain.

hasn't been in the show as far as I can remember, but early on in the books the zombies are slower and more dormant in the cold. they freeze up and don't move around much until they thaw out

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

John F Bennett posted:

:agreed:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Morgan should eventually start telling these settlements how to make traps

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Why don't they just pack up and go to Dallas, they can come to my house it's pretty cool.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Morgan hasn't mentioned traps even once since the fifth season. It's very disappointing, just like the show. Maybe Carol absorbed all Morgan's trap knowledge

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Both Morgan and Rick used to be crazy mofos what happened I miss Shane so bad

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

yeah I eat rear end posted:

They stopped thinking about logical easily defendable locations immediately after leaving the prison. Now all they seem to care about is having the comforts of home.

Well I kind of get it, every time they get to a defensible position something really contrived happens to force them away.

Bates posted:

Experiences with fences:
- Routinely snuck into Woodbury
- Prison rendered uninhabitable when chain link fence broke
- Terminus destroyed when fence was blown up
- Wolves stormed Alexandria
- Garbage McPoyles sneak in and steal Gabriel

- Atlanta. Had to take hostages to get inside and then wound up in a stand off in a narrow hallway.

Also this

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'll be fine in the apocalypse because I'll have two sets of fences

nopants
May 29, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

So why did they kidnap Gabriel?

I'm sure I missed some throwaway line

It was horribly explained. One of the trash people came to Alexandria to steal the boat supplies. Gabriel stumbled upon him and was taken prisoner.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Not sure why they "bothered" to follow Rick and Aaron back, infiltrate the compound, burglarize it long after a lot of the supplies were taken, and take a prisoner instead of just robbing Rick and Aaron right after they got out of the lake.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Taear posted:

It's never been mentioned in the show directly but it was brought up in S2 of the Tell Tale TWD game which generally follows the same rules as the comic/show. It was only talked about, but they did say the zombies slow down and freeze up (but of course they still got ambushed by a bunch of "freshly dead" zombies anyway).

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

The dumbest thing about these characters is that a lot of them seem like the outbreak just started and they're still incompetent. Wouldn't you realistically want to horde a bunch of survival guides and start teaching people how to survive, Bear Grylls style? There are people living in rural areas of the US right now that would be utterly embarrassed by everything these characters do. It's been a couple years in their world, why can't they properly sustain themselves without needing old slop out of a can?

Sure, occasionally Darryl or Carol hunted or fished (I think), but that was about it. Humans lived for hundreds of thousands of years without needing cans of food, come on.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Lycus posted:

Not sure why they "bothered" to follow Rick and Aaron back, infiltrate the compound, burglarize it long after a lot of the supplies were taken, and take a prisoner instead of just robbing Rick and Aaron right after they got out of the lake.

They needed some time to build the up up up.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

nopants posted:

It was horribly explained. One of the trash people came to Alexandria to steal the boat supplies. Gabriel stumbled upon him and was taken prisoner.

He stumbled on him in the pantry when he was supposed to be guarding the wall and the boot person said "boat" so he luckily had a chance to write "boat".

Harkening back to an earlier person who wondered if Aaron just pretended to scout: how many things did he manage to miss during those expeditions?

Zombie Quarry
10 square mile dump with max max residents
Every single Neegan outpost
Hilltop
Kingdom
Wolves?

And where has nerdglasses dude Mischonne gotten off to?

edit: They should lure Neegan into the quarry and then set him on fire.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 22, 2017

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Lycus posted:

Because they're retard dumpster hillbillies

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

JazzFlight posted:

The dumbest thing about these characters is that a lot of them seem like the outbreak just started and they're still incompetent. Wouldn't you realistically want to horde a bunch of survival guides and start teaching people how to survive, Bear Grylls style? There are people living in rural areas of the US right now that would be utterly embarrassed by everything these characters do. It's been a couple years in their world, why can't they properly sustain themselves without needing old slop out of a can?

Sure, occasionally Darryl or Carol hunted or fished (I think), but that was about it. Humans lived for hundreds of thousands of years without needing cans of food, come on.

They can fish but zombies do eat the animals too.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Because they're retard dumpster hillbillies

Heapsters

It explains their hoarding (most of the piles are old pop culture items, clothing, and love of flash mobs
They probably spend all their down time performing acoustic guitar versions of old school hip hop

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

galenanorth posted:

Morgan hasn't mentioned traps even once since the fifth season. It's very disappointing, just like the show. Maybe Carol absorbed all Morgan's trap knowledge

she's the trap queen now

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah that was quite strange to see a group of people devolve into basically apes in like a year and a half period.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

JazzFlight posted:

They showed a little bit of farming at the kingdom but it's the kind of suburban hipster hobby farming people do. Growing 20 heads of lettuce and some tomatoes isn't going to help you through the winter. You have to grow grains you can store outside the growing season. There's a reason medieval folk survived on gruel and bread and it wasn't because they hated vegetables.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I agree, root cellars and canning are ways of the devil.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Lycus posted:

We take. We don't bother.

brocked posted:

Heapsters

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah that was quite strange to see a group of people devolve into basically apes in like a year and a half period.

Shane did it in like 3 months :dukedog:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

Reminds me of a classic MST3K riff. "Want to go to CAFE and have COCKTAIL?" :v:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Orange Red Bull posted:

Shane did it in like 3 months :dukedog:

Shane Was Right

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

The controversy of the "Eeny meeny miny moe" t-shirt.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/walking-dead-star-slams-t-shirt-controversy-%E2%80%98people-are-stupid%E2%80%99/ar-AAngppf?li=BBnb7Kz

cjg fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 23, 2017

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

JazzFlight posted:

No, the dumbest thing is they act like total idiots in every situation and hide information that is literally life or death from each other for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

I never thought of that but you're right. You watch a show like Lost and they hunted and fished every day.

These guys scrounge around for canned dog food if they dont have some community trove.