Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
my little macro keyboard came in!

I swapped in some gateron greens, and I have some kailh box navy’s to try later if I like

had to download some really sketchy software to program it… the knob feels pretty mediocre, not as good as the powermate. no acceleration on it either

I give it a B-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Oh yeah the programming utils for anything not qmk/via or elgato feels shady as fuuuuuck haha.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

all the rest of my keyboard poo poo came in except the controller but hey ho I’m gonna do some soldering this weekend :)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol i brought my little alice board into work today and man, even its lowkey action is a bit loud for a quiet open office, albeit one where sales bros randomly burst into guffaws and high fives

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

yeah I’m still kinda split between clicky switches or something tactile but quiet

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

also for clicky switches, I’m on the fence between the kailh box navy’s or some flavor of green switch. I definitely want a stiffer switch but the navy’s might be overkill

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i have to admit the stupid keyb i bought with no number pad at the behest of this thread several months ago is really good and I’m still using it

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Jonny 290 posted:

lol i brought my little alice board into work today and man, even its lowkey action is a bit loud for a quiet open office, albeit one where sales bros randomly burst into guffaws and high fives

sharing space with non-introverts sounds like a nightmare

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

ok thread, I get a total of 2 knobs on the dumb pad, what is the BEST orientation for them?

ignore the crumb on my desk mat

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this is probably the most efficient layout

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Jonny 290 posted:

if you share airspace with sales people you have to apply counter pressure. get an airhorn

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sagebrush posted:

this is probably the most efficient layout

you did not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack