Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Thanks, I hadn't thought to read his response to the comments. I guess that makes sense - that will be six years since Dance, right? I guess I have faith again - maybe he will finish this series after all.

"Meanwhile, back at The Wall..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Thanks, I hadn't thought to read his response to the comments. I guess that makes sense - that will be six years since Dance, right? I guess I have faith again - maybe he will finish this series after all.

Eh, with that speed, we should expect book 7 in 7 years give or take. Not sure he will survive that long

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
the hold the door scene was alright. poor hodor.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Did the episode leak or something?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i think so, the scene's been posted on youtube already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgLD6et7lI8

EDIT: the HD version of the scene has already been taken down

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Junkenstein posted:

Did the episode leak or something?

Yes it leaked you can find it online. I watched it, it's pretty good.

^^Probably spoiler that man.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

MG3 posted:

You do know what thread this is right?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Bran Hodors Hodor.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Curiosity got the better of me with the whole Hodor thing so I caught the leaked ep. There's a pretty humorous scene early on in Braavos. It cuts straight into a close up of a flaccid cock once it finishes too.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

MG3 posted:

Yes it leaked you can find it online. I watched it, it's pretty good.

I refuse. :colbert:

EDIT Beaten:

Kavak posted:

You do know what thread this is right?

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I mean I thought this was the book spoiler thread, not the leaked episode spoiler thread. There are probably people who didn't expect an episode to leak who come in here expecting people to talk about the upcoming episode, not have confirmed spoilers about the episode that should even be out yet.

But I've already seen the episode, so I don't really care what y'all do.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Anyone have the Khal Drogo / Centaur photoshop

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

MG3 posted:

I mean I thought this was the book spoiler thread, not the leaked episode spoiler thread. There are probably people who didn't expect an episode to leak who come in here expecting people to talk about the upcoming episode, not have confirmed spoilers about the episode that should even be out yet.

Well, garsh.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Curiosity got the better of me with the whole Hodor thing so I caught the leaked ep. There's a pretty humorous scene early on in Braavos. It cuts straight into a close up of a flaccid cock once it finishes too.

some prime titties in that scene

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

MG3 posted:

this is the bad thread

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Cant wait for the Game of Thrones time is a flat circle speech.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Dear lord.

I'm like 1min into the episode and this is already bad.

Did they really need Littlefinger to teleport to the Wall just to have this scene?

"I'm, so, sorry!"

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The littlefinger scene was brilliant cause it's basically Sansa being a nerd tearing through Littlefinger's idiotic plans. She keeps telling him what a lovely idea it was to send up to rapeville and how big of an idiot he is, it's all true.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Like, so when child Hodor has a seizure he's having a vision of future Hodor? Is that what's happening?

Bran tries to interact with the visions he has in the books, but nobody ever hears him. In the show it makes it look like Ed sorta hears his future son call out to him?

I'm confused.

E: I am literally wrong. Theon sees Brans face in the tree in the winterfell godswood and hears a voice.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 22, 2016

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

jsoh posted:

this is the bad thread

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

davecrazy posted:

Like, so when child Hodor has a seizure he's having a vision of future Hodor? Is that what's happening?

Bran tries to interact with the visions he has in the books, but nobody ever hears him. In the show it makes it look like Ed sorta hears his future son call out to him?

I'm confused.

Yeah I think the idea is that since Bran's consciousness is present in both timelines and also very closely linked to Hodor's due to, you know, wearing him as a skinsuit, young Willas has a moment of existing in both timelines also. Which just happens to be the moment of his grisly death. And it utterly breaks his brain.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

stinkles1112 posted:

Yeah I think the idea is that since Bran's consciousness is present in both timelines and also very closely linked to Hodor's due to, you know, wearing him as a skinsuit, young Willas has a moment of existing in both timelines also and it utterly breaks his brain.

Yeah that's what I figure as well.

davecrazy posted:

Not really, he interacts with Theon and he calls Ned and Ned has the exact same reaction he has in the show. Temporal fuckery has been implied by GRRM.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Why don't I remember any of this? Oh wait cause it was like 10 years ago when I read the books.

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

I pity whoever has to localize the show to other languages because that one's going to be pretty much impossible to get right.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Time travel is dumb and convoluted.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I'm glad thats how Willas was made Hodor rather than getting kicked by a horse.

It's at least cool to think about.

I don't know how Brans going to get away from the White walkers though. Unless they will lose them in the blizzard?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

MG3 posted:

I don't know how Brans going to get away from the White walkers though. Unless they will lose them in the blizzard?

Benjen will magically show up, tell us what he's been doing for the last like 7 years, and hook Brans sled up to his horse and take them to safety.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
By the way, this was posted in the spoilers thread: https://ventrellaquest.com/tag/what-hodor-really-means/

quote:

Martin: I always wanted to be an elevator operator. If the writing thing hadn’t worked out…

We both laughed and went on to our rooms.

The final time we ended up together, the conversation went like this:

Me: I finally figured out why you have a character named “Hodor.”

Martin: Oh?

Me: I was thinking about your comment about wanting to be an elevator operator. It’s clear to me now that “Hodor” is short for “Hold the door.”

Martin: (laughing) You don’t know how close to the truth you are!

It was posted in 2014 so it confirms that this whole thing is gurm's idea.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Yes Bran will lose the ice zombies in the blizzard they control this I believe

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Littlefinger will teleport up and save him.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

The wall collapsing scene is going to be pretty epic. Poor Edd, the last man of the nights watch in a futile effort to hold back the horde.

Mundi
Sep 19, 2011

Your voice is ambrosia
They made Euron about as threatening as a school yard bully in the show....

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
"Hold the door" is right up there with "Swing away, Merrill" from M. Night Shyamalan's Signs. Meaning not very good.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

AtAt-de-fay posted:

"Hold the door" is right up there with "Swing away, Merrill" from M. Night Shyamalan's Signs. Meaning not very good.

I got a feeling gurm intended to be more of a "Huh, I get it" moment rather than a "HOLY poo poo!" moment which is what the show was going for.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

AtAt-de-fay posted:

"Hold the door" was dumb, but I thought the scene of him holding the door was good. I'm loving pissed they killed Summer though. Dick off, why do they hate everything cool?

The rest of the episode was very good, I'm looking forward to Sansa, Warrior Princess!

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Nah it's right there. Look again.

grrr....

MG3 posted:

I mean I thought this was the book spoiler thread, not the leaked episode spoiler thread.

This is the "life is miserable we all hate each other and GRRM too thread"

Mendigo posted:

I pity whoever has to localize the show to other languages because that one's going to be pretty much impossible to get right.

loving hell good point.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Cavelcade posted:

"Hold the door" was dumb, but I thought the scene of him holding the door was good. I'm loving pissed they killed Summer though. Dick off, why do they hate everything cool?

The rest of the episode was very good, I'm looking forward to Sansa, Warrior Princess!

live animals are a pain in the rear end to film with and cgi is hard

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Given the quality of the writing on the show, how much you want to bet Bran goes back in time and convinces himself not to climb that tower in order to break the cycle of whatever.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

So hodor was hosed by fate. His future shaped his past. What a mindfuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Someone spoil the episode for me with no spoilers. You loving mild cards