Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jedit posted:

Not to make anyone feel old, but this was true 25 years ago.

Yeah, that's what I mean. She's been making movies since the late 80's. By the time she'd been on Melrose Place, she'd been in movies for like ten years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I rewatched Blade the other day and remembered how much I liked her bit part.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I don't give a FLIP about feeling old.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

flashy_mcflash posted:

It really does. Gonna watch it again tonight. Hewitt's Acolytes is also really good.

Wait, did they change the title of Turkey Shoot to Elimination Game?? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3816614/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

Wrong Turkey Shoot ; Turkey Shoot (1982) is what you are looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojai1EcJcV8

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I don't give a FLIP about feeling old.

If I'm lame because I saw most of the F13 films theatrically and went to see bands like Coil live and poo poo, I'm OK with that.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
People might make fun of you for being old, but I'll admit to being a bit jealous that I missed a lot of cool stuff on its first go around.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

MacheteZombie posted:

People might make fun of you for being old, but I'll admit to being a bit jealous that I missed a lot of cool stuff on its first go around.

I'm more pissed at myself for having poo poo taste when I was a teenager, so I missed out on stuff that I could have easily been seeing in theatres. I went to see I Still Know What You Did Last Summer in the theatre, I have no doubt there was something released that same month that would have been infinitely better. It was the 90's though so maybe not.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Hollismason posted:

Wrong Turkey Shoot ; Turkey Shoot (1982) is what you are looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojai1EcJcV8

And to add to the confusion, another title for 1982's Turkey Shoot was "Escape 2000", which is also another title for Escape from the Bronx which came out a year later and was featured on MST3K as Escape 2000.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I was a teen in the early 2000s. Grew up always liking horror movies, even though I had night terrors for years while still a small child.

Glacierbaydvd will always hold a place in my heart for opening me up to the world of obscure horror movies. They did a flat 4$ shipping fee or something for any order so I'd blow 50-100 on crappy DVD releases of anything they had available.

Loved my Zombi box set

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

help i have absolutely no willpower to speak of

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
That VHS cover for The Stuff is way better than the poster art

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

im gaye posted:

Where the hell did you get a VHS of Torso?!? That box art is awesome.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Hollismason posted:

Where the hell did you get a VHS of Torso?!? That box art is awesome.

In a bulk box tape sale.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

im gaye posted:

In a bulk box tape sale.

I wish you had remained silent, dammit. Ugh. I already have a stack of VHS that I just do not need.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Hollismason posted:

I wish you had remained silent, dammit. Ugh. I already have a stack of VHS that I just do not need.

How many copies of Top Gun and/or Braveheart would you like?

e- There's actually a tape swap going down at a punk bar in Portland tonight but I have plans.

Thirsty Girl fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 2, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

im gaye posted:

How many copies of Top Gun and/or Braveheart would you like?

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm actually thinking of buying a 16mm projector. Please send help.

Because the Horror films from the 60s and 70s are rather cheap to buy on 16mm.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 2, 2016

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Hollismason posted:

Because the Horror films from the 60s and 70s are rather cheap to buy on 16mm.

They are, and you probably know this already, but be careful that you're actually getting the movies and not the abridged versions they used to sell back then (although the short versions can be interesting too).

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

im gaye posted:

Amazing! I could go another for a viewing of Spookies this October.

I just pulled this one off the shelf, because we were talking about it a while back:

My VHS collection is modest but there are some choice cuts.

And some real stinkers:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

InfiniteZero posted:

They are, and you probably know this already, but be careful that you're actually getting the movies and not the abridged versions they used to sell back then (although the short versions can be interesting too).

Yeah, I wasn't planning on starting this vast collection and more probably buy it just to be like " This is neat and fun here check it out".

Also, part of the fun is hunting them down.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I do wonder what would happen if I had a lot of disposable income and a decent sized house, just how fast would I fill the entire thing with obscure movie crap?

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

PinkoBastard posted:

And some real stinkers:

aka Gamma 693 aka Night of the Wehrmacht aka Night of the Zombies 2

With this many titles, it has to be good!

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

im gaye posted:

Spookies is a blast, one of my favorite VHS pickups along with Blue Monkey, The Mutilator (Before the awesome Blu Ray came out) and Night Warning,

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

im gaye posted:

aka Gamma 693 aka Night of the Wehrmacht aka Night of the Zombies 2

With this many titles, it has to be good!

It's been released as a sequel to itself? :psyduck:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It's been released as a sequel to itself? :psyduck:

otherwise known as Zombi 2 syndrome.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
There should be way more "fake sequels"

Neumonic
Sep 25, 2003

This is my serious face.
31 was decent but it really peaks early with Little Hitler. The audience in my theater was cracking up and really enjoying that whole section, and then just gradually quieted down after that.

Rob Zombie needs to hire a fight choreographer, for a movie with so much action the fight scenes are really blurry and poorly edited. It seemed like he was abusing his rough aesthetic to cover up weak action scenes.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

otherwise known as Zombi 2 syndrome.

I don't think Zombi 2 was ever released as Zombi 3, though. There is a Zombi 3, but it's a separate movie. The one linked is apparently both "Night of the Zombies" and "Night of the Zombies 2."

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

I think Hell of the Zombies was alternately titled Night of the Zombies so that might explain the sequel variant.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

im gaye posted:

I think Hell of the Zombies was alternately titled Night of the Zombies so that might explain the sequel variant.

Hell of the Zombies is like Gone With the Wind compared to this version of Night of the Zombies

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

K. Waste posted:

There should be way more "fake sequels"

I wonder if Italian IP law changed to make that more difficult.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Neumonic posted:

31 was decent but it really peaks early with Little Hitler. The audience in my theater was cracking up and really enjoying that whole section, and then just gradually quieted down after that.

Rob Zombie needs to hire a fight choreographer, for a movie with so much action the fight scenes are really blurry and poorly edited. It seemed like he was abusing his rough aesthetic to cover up weak action scenes.

I dunno, in retrospect, I like all the characters except the obligatory redneck brothers, which is the only part where it got truly bad, though the film did seem very low effort even for Zombie. I would watch a whole film where Richard Brake's character was the central focus. Also, the behind the scenes thing afterwards revealed that he did have a fight choreographer, but would often override him because they were short on time and money, and he actively felt bad about it. RZ's biggest weakness as a director is definitely filming action scenes though, you're right. Half the time I couldn't tell what was happening at all in any of the fight scenes in the film. And I still say if he got someone to clean up his scripts, he could be something truly special. As it is, this falls right in line with his entire catalog where in retrospect I see little glints of something great peeking out from a movie that felt kinda blah. I still think Lords of Salem was his best work, and the least flawed.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Basebf555 posted:

I do wonder what would happen if I had a lot of disposable income and a decent sized house, just how fast would I fill the entire thing with obscure movie crap?

Fast. Also you get friendly with delivery people.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Golly, if I were rich. I'm a big fan of dead/outdated A/V formats, but have never been able to indulge that hobby due to a lack of both money and physical space. If I were rich I'd like, have a whole room just devoted to CED alone.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Who has a link to the YouTube explaining all the sequels to Night of the Living Dead. I think it's some absurd amount, that and there being like 10 sequels to Evil Dead.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

InfiniteZero posted:

If I'm lame because I saw most of the F13 films theatrically and went to see bands like Coil live and poo poo, I'm OK with that.

I wish I had been alive/old enough to experience the slasher boom. Seemingly weekly, you could go see a Graduation Day, The Prowler or Final Exam and things of that nature. Bored? gently caress it, go watch Night School or Happy Birthday To Me on a gigantic screen.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
edit: Nevermind wrong weekend :(

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 3, 2016

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hollismason posted:

Who has a link to the YouTube explaining all the sequels to Night of the Living Dead. I think it's some absurd amount, that and there being like 10 sequels to Evil Dead.

Does Evil Dead Trap count? It should.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I dunno who originally posted it but I remember that we had the discussion, but now I can't find the link in the thread. It was really involved.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Link here: http://smugfilm.com/mappingnight/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Thanks I knew someone had the link.

Is Neon Demon good will I like it? It's a Midnight Movie and I could go see it tonight ,but what was the consensus ?