Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Champions #5 (1976)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Darthemed posted:

The Champions #5 (1976)

Johnny Mnemonic : Yeah, the Black Shakes. What causes it?

Spider : What causes it?

[points to various pieces of equipment throughout the room]

Spider : This causes it! This causes it! This causes it! Information overload! All the electronics around you poisoning the airwaves. Technological loving civilization. But we still have all this poo poo, because we can't live without it. Let me do my work.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

TheCenturion posted:

Johnny Mnemonic : Yeah, the Black Shakes. What causes it?

Spider : What causes it?

[points to various pieces of equipment throughout the room]

Spider : This causes it! This causes it! This causes it! Information overload! All the electronics around you poisoning the airwaves. Technological loving civilization. But we still have all this poo poo, because we can't live without it. Let me do my work.

Bring back Mad Stan

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
They really let Henry Rollins adlib his own lines in that movie huh.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Lightning Comics #6 (1942)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Champions #5 (1976)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Now that is some superdickery.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

Now that is some superdickery.

Is the cop reading her thoughts?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

Is the cop reading her thoughts?

Maybe he's just seeing her leap up and going "Flying?! No way"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Sensation Comics #24 (1943)

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Darthemed posted:

Sensation Comics #24 (1943)

Comics, a primarily visual medium...

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
the games not out yet and you're already posting spoilers?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Children of the Vault #1: Bishop just saved Cable from capture and they're making their way to one of his many safe houses

Of course Cable would think things were better in the 90s.

Which leads to this magnificent panel from the next issue

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
:allears: I like that strapping on all the gear makes them twice as wide and muscly.

Bishop's X-jacket is pretty sharp, too.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Turns out the Rob Liefeld aesthetic can work if you know how to draw, who knew.

(Also I really appreciate the "I'm a big fan, Mr. Brolin".)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

davidspackage posted:

Bishop's X-jacket is pretty sharp, too.
He's on the run and in hiding, but he's still wearing it the whole way through lmao

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Source: Daredevil (2023) #1

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Suleman posted:

Source: Daredevil (2023) #1

Why is Loki eating Spider-Man?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Incredible Hulk #127 (1970)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Trust Bruce Banner to get hit by a truck in Exposition City.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
It clearly just grazed 'im.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

TwoPair posted:

Children of the Vault #1: Bishop just saved Cable from capture and they're making their way to one of his many safe houses

Which leads to this magnificent panel from the next issue

I'm 99% sure it's a callback to a panel, might be in the x-cutioner's song crossover.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Odonata posted:

I'm 99% sure it's a callback to a panel, might be in the x-cutioner's song crossover.

It definitely is and I was trying to find it this morning, but couldn't. I'm like 90% sure in the panel he's saying something like "IT'S TIME TO FACE STRYFE MAN TO MAN AND QUITE LITERALLY....FACE TO FACE!!!"

E: Went and looked again and found it. X-Force #16, Part 4 of X-Cutioner's Song, art by Greg Capullo, a good artist!

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 18, 2023

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

It definitely is and I was trying to find it this morning, but couldn't. I'm like 90% sure in the panel he's saying something like "IT'S TIME TO FACE STRYFE MAN TO MAN AND QUITE LITERALLY....FACE TO FACE!!!"

E: Went and looked again and found it. X-Force #16, Part 4 of X-Cutioner's Song, art by Greg Capullo, a good artist!

:worship: It's so beautiful

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Quite literally! Because we'll be standing there, face to, uh, face.

Although, our faces are the same! gently caress, that means it's not face to face at all, it's just face!!

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

I like that the pauldron harness is in the background top right like the artist is trying to justify the ludicrousness to themselves.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

this is how cable should be drawn

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I just wonder what the script was like. Did the writer tell Capullo to go nuts, or was Capullo just feeling inspired?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

It's funny how the top Cable looks perfectly normal for a comic book character but then the lower one is completely ridiculous.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

It's funny how the top Cable looks perfectly normal for a comic book character but then the lower one is completely ridiculous.

The clothes make the man

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Endless Mike posted:

As an X-Force fanboy in 1993 I sent him a letter and a couple of cards to sign. He signed them, wrote me a nice letter back (where I found out he was moving onto Spawn before I saw it anywhere else) and included a signed drawing of Cable (well, 99% sure it was a photocopy but the signature was real). Always stuck with me.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Endless Mike posted:

I'd like to see a bunch of arrows explaining what everything's for, like those old front/back photos of that one nerd's daily gear.

1) gun
2) bigger gun
3) throat knife for seppuku
4) knee guard to keep leg from exploding under the pressure

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's telekinetic. he can grab any of those seemingly unreachable weapons at any time with his mind. i don't think he had tk during x-cutioner's song, though.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

There's an issue of X-Force prior where Domino busts him using TK to grab tools while he fixes something or other and wonders what the kids would think of they knew he could do that.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Have Cable and Punisher ever met? I feel like they would get along well together

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the 90's happened, yes.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

davidspackage posted:

That's his bonding knife, all sanctioned psykers require one, worn somewhere that's easy for their handlers to grab and use if the perils of the warp start to overcome them.

Cable would fit right into 40k, weird proportions and all

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Elfface posted:

That's his bonding knife, all sanctioned psykers require one, worn somewhere that's easy for their handlers to grab and use if the perils of the warp start to overcome them.

Cable would fit right into 40k, weird proportions and all

The thing I love about Cable/90s comics in general is that that's so ridiculous sounding yet I don't know, it could be real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

davidspackage posted:

I'd like to see a bunch of arrows explaining what everything's for, like those old front/back photos of that one nerd's daily gear.

1) gun
2) bigger gun
4) knee guard to keep leg from exploding under the pressure

Knee guard has a pocket to hold his walkman, you can see the headphone jack and charging port