Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh lol all the symbols look the same I thought that was the dumbass double sided f

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh lol all the symbols look the same I thought that was the dumbass double sided f

Yeah and do that first rather than going to the tower, because Spider immediately sends you there anyway.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah i totally went to the tower first

turned in a leftover prime engram, opened up at 600 still

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

My first prime engram is a whole 6 points higher lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Early reports indicate we got another Osiris here boys

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I mean people definitely aren’t gonna like the rollout they’re doing. Destiny players already complain about time gating just for single exotic quests and this is pretty much an entire time gated DLC. We won’t know its full extent of content for like another month and a half.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Hell, I hope not. I made all the guns but ugh, the story was so shallow and short.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

No new Strikes with this right? Just the light story and the Forde Mode?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

^burtle posted:

And a raid.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Black Armory did not launch today.

It launches in 1-2 weeks when we're 625 and can dip a toe in ANY of the new content.

Time to run some Milestones

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It launches in 1-2 weeks when we're 625 and can dip a toe in ANY of the new content.

Black Armory doesn't have a single date when it all appears as a big dump of content like previous expansions, it's an experiment in maintaining a steady trickle of content over a prolonged period. The Dreaming City model expanded to months instead of weeks.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
No, it's not an experiment. It's Warmind Redux.

Grind Forsaken content for 2-3 weeks and then start enjoying the new expansion content.

Warmind even trickled in the loot over 5 weeks via the quest lines and EP rotations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

^burtle posted:

There will almost certainly be a Shattered Throne-style dungeon in early January, but yeah, no new strikes.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

We were all under leveled for dreaming city at the start and that turned out okay.

Seems like the biggest miss so far is there's no cool introductory splash.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

xzzy posted:

We were all under leveled for dreaming city at the start and that turned out okay.

Seems like the biggest miss so far is there's no cool introductory splash.

yeah Dreaming City was rough business for a while. I'd much rather it be higher light now because it gives us something to do for longer? Right?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

xzzy posted:

Yeah but there was a whole bunch of new stuff to do before you could even get there. From what I'm reading, with Black Forge we have to do all the normal milestones we've been doing for at least a couple weeks before we can even do the new thing. Or are there new milestones, or any new activities other than the Forge?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Roman posted:

Yeah but there was a whole bunch of new stuff to do before you could even get there. From what I'm reading, with Black Forge we have to do all the normal milestones we've been doing for at least a couple weeks before we can even do the new thing. Or are there new milestones, or any new activities other than the Forge?

There is a new quest today to kill a bunch of yellow bars. Then you'll be stuck at "Ignite the Forge" which appears to require approximately 630LL to complete.

All of the Black Armory content is hidden behind "Ignite the Forge"

Just keep grinding on your Pinnacle Weapons and your Milestones and you'll get there.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I forgot there were no new strikes, ugh

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm 580 lmao rip me

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

Black Armory doesn't have a single date when it all appears as a big dump of content like previous expansions, it's an experiment in maintaining a steady trickle of content over a prolonged period. The Dreaming City model expanded to months instead of weeks.

Black armory appeared today, as a huge dump lol

(It’s poo poo!!!!)

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I thought it was literally a raid and some new guns and I'm ecstatic it's more than that.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Insane Totoro posted:

I thought it was literally a raid and some new guns and I'm ecstatic it's more than that.

sir you are doing destiny wrong if you're not mad at all times at all things

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Imagine if today they said “the light cap is now 650, come back and play milestones to get more powerfuller loot and maybe bump yourself past some content by being slightly over leveled” then when a normal human could be leveled, actually new content drops. That sounds awesome.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Was reading the patch notes, does a goddamn charge time mw on fusion rifles actually decrease impact as well :bungie:

Loooooooooooooool

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

PathAsc posted:

Was reading the patch notes, does a goddamn charge time mw on fusion rifles actually decrease impact as well :bungie:

Loooooooooooooool

It always has lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Insane Totoro posted:

I'm ecstatic for another raid and more weapons, and disappointed that it's delayed 2 weeks

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

PathAsc posted:

Loooooooooooooool

Yeah.

Did the same thing in D1 too with the fast charge coils or whatever.

Can't have people using anything but a shotgun in PvP

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It always has lol

That's loving dumb, I'm grinding another mi in that case. Holy poo poo, instead of actuality doing anything to make it not dumb they doubled down.

I read the posts from October where it was discussed and taken back to the team and lol they keep it as is.

And here I thought the whole time I was ghosting a bolt, nope lol.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah.

Did the same thing in D1 too with the fast charge coils or whatever.

Can't have people using anything but a shotgun in PvP

That's the whole issue, the perks have always been like that, and masterworks were intended to be a bonus to performance with no negatives.

The mw didn't even register the decrease in impact on their stat bars til today. Lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

They said the expansion were not going to be massive story dumps with no endgame but more activities and loot.

I have 0 surprise about the new stuff, lol if you can't read or listen.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

They said the expansion were not going to be massive story dumps with no endgame but more activities and loot.

I have 0 surprise about the new stuff, lol if you can't read or listen.

The problem is you can’t even play them yet you gotta do all the old poo poo for two weeks or more to get your LL up first.

This is a giant wet fart, but bad

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The problem is you can’t even play them yet you gotta do all the old poo poo for two weeks or more to get your LL up first.

This is a giant wet fart, but bad

Dudes I'm friends with are already doing the content? Maybe you're just a bad?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It sounds like you can "play" them but you aren't going to be able to make meaningful progress through the activity without getting more light and/or being super tryhard

I just remembered that they made this same mistake with EP originally and had to reduce the LL requirements for each tier, heh

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

I'm surprised they didn't have the first forge be 600, then the next one be 625 or something, then the last one like 640 or so. That way you could dive right into the first forge the day it comes out instead of repeating Forsaken milestones for a couple weeks first. Just a weird decision imo.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
alternately they could have let you start building your PL last week instead of waiting until this week to get powerful drops! that would have also been a solution

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

Dudes I'm friends with are already doing the content? Maybe you're just a bad?

Dudes you are friends with have 200 consecutive comp wins and poo poo (which is cool as hell but not representative)

I don’t want drip fed content that’s released 30 power levels over the current feasible light. That’s lame. Either bump the global level first or drop the content level on release.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

haveblue posted:

It sounds like you can "play" them but you aren't going to be able to make meaningful progress through the activity without getting more light and/or being super tryhard

I just remembered that they made this same mistake with EP originally and had to reduce the LL requirements for each tier, heh

Eh. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't. Ep got clocked the first week.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Dudes you are friends with have 200 consecutive comp wins and poo poo (which is cool as hell but not representative)

I don’t want drip fed content that’s released 30 power levels over the current feasible light. That’s lame. Either bump the global level first or drop the content level on release.

Yeah fair enough.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BlindSite posted:

Eh. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't. Ep got clocked the first week.

Yeah, by super tryhards and no one else

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

This poo poo is supposed to last three months so it doesn't surprise me that they'd soft timegate it :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

This poo poo is supposed to last three months so it doesn't surprise me that they'd soft timegate it :shrug:

you aren't nearly mad enough