Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't understand how you get to the point where you're openly lying about your motivations and salivating for muslim death but you can't bring yourself to emphatically deny that you hosed children as a 32 year old

like, why would he "struggle to deny" that? he already knows he's doomed if he doesn't deny it. he's already decided to move on forward instead of back down. why not go whole hog here? what gives? he's already a child raper, why grapple with the morality of lying, just go "No Sir I Never hosed Children That is a Lie", does he think he'll get punitive leniency if he doesn't lie and just instead omits / leaves it to the Implication?

Idgi???

I think it's an in-group/out-group thing

he was happy to deny when faced with accusations when he was lashing out at the post and journalists in general

but this was a phone call with a republican senator which makes me think that he has some weird hangup about lying to someone on "his team" or w/e

christian taqiyya I guess

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/929229518052777985

:ok:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Anderson Cooper literally had a pro-child rape advocate on tonight and let him rant for 15 straight minutes while ignoring all prompts and bulldozing all questions without stopping him because the alternative was to have someone on who would oppose these views in any significant way lol

they should all be loving shot

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Baloogan posted:

sup im hella dry atm but i know the feeling

Dolash posted:

Love those dry boys.

:thunk:

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i know u r but what am i

radical B)

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Rushi posted:

radical B)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

no thunky hand on jeb's sweat stain

sad!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lmao holy poo poo how did I miss this
https://twitter.com/SenWhitehouse/status/928437272348946432

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Epic High Five posted:

media is worthless, they're only on the hunt for people who still support Moore just like they were on the hunt for people who still supported Gillespie. There's no room for any doubters or leftists.

That said, I still say Moore wins, but these reports mean nothing because it's spineless NPR-tier cuck idiots compiling them

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/929219821333446656

also consistent with the fact that both of us know that moore is still slight favorite to win

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

no thunky hand on jeb's sweat stain

sad!

low energy sweat is a mess

low energy sweat is a waste!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmao

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So hypothetically is there actually a way to get Moore off the ballot? Like, if video evidence of him murdering someone was uncovered tomorrow could they take him off?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

wtf

god drat i hate these religious fucks that keep using religion as an excuse for heinous disgusting people

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

oh yeah that reminds me, I've been reading Carl Sagan's The Demon-Haunted World this past week and I sincerely believe it should be mandatory reading for high schoolers in America (if not worldwide)

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

GobiasIndustries posted:

So hypothetically is there actually a way to get Moore off the ballot? Like, if video evidence of him murdering someone was uncovered tomorrow could they take him off?

yes the senate election is under control of al state government they could prob delay the election to 2018 if they wanted to

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Moore is probably something like 55/45 rn

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

SKULL.GIF posted:

oh yeah that reminds me, I've been reading Carl Sagan's The Demon-Haunted World this past week and I sincerely believe it should be mandatory reading for high schoolers in America (if not worldwide)

until he's outed as a rapist

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

SKULL.GIF posted:

demons arent real

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

GobiasIndustries posted:

Let me tell you something about college campuses

Still, that pushes it out to, what, 22? I mean, even taking into account that men's brains don't fully develop until 26, these are still people in at least their 30s making horrible and harmful choices.

Like, I can understand someone making mistakes and not understanding proper consent or not having a good schema for appropriate sexual behavior when they're young (especially with how hosed our culture is about sex), but again, how do you get to be middle aged and think that it's cool and good to touch someone in a sexual manner (or at all, really) without their consent?

Edit: Not trying to be an apologist, rape is still rape, but I always figured brain development, social maturity and hormones played a huge role in this poo poo. Now it's just middle aged dude after middle aged dude coming out and being all "yeah, I'm a creep and I only just figured that out."

Eleven Eleven has issued a correction as of 07:19 on Nov 11, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

if there were three people in all of history I could curse with eternal life then Carl Sagan, Thomas Paine, and Omar Khayyam would be my three

We are worse off for their deaths

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

Moore is probably something like 55/45 rn

I don't think it's that close

he had this kind of JESUS JESUS JESUS fervor last time and only won with 51.5%

I don't think he's immune from the fact that it seems like the GOP has lost its white suburban firefall as 11/7 seems to indicate

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

GobiasIndustries posted:

if the tax cuts can be passed without him the state will find some way to get rid of him

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

O

Epic High Five posted:

I don't think he's immune from the fact that it seems like the GOP has lost its white suburban firefall as 11/7 seems to indicate

Oh absolutely, I think its probably 50.5 - 48.5 or something like that as a raw vote percentage

I meant as a "percentage that he wins this election versus loses it"

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Melania passed through town (by which I mean the joint military base Air Force One-Point-Five was refuelling at) today: traumatized some children with her non-Euclidean face, depressed a bunch of airmen and troops with the fact that playing parade soldier for her would probably be the most "important" thing they would do in their lives, maybe second to dying in a desert shithole five thousand miles away and making the local news between the segments about the opioid crisis and high school football

y'know, the usual

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Autism Sneaks posted:

Melania passed through town (by which I mean the joint military base Air Force One-Point-Five was refuelling at) today: traumatized some children with her non-Euclidean face, depressed a bunch of airmen and troops with the fact that playing parade soldier for her would probably be the most "important" thing they would do in their lives, maybe second to dying in a desert shithole five thousand miles away and making the local news between the segments about the opioid crisis and high school football

y'know, the usual

:matters:

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Epic High Five posted:

i don't think the gop depends on college educated white suburbanites to win elections in AL

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

yeah im sure the trump admin will get right on that

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I don't really care about the "We went to rural alabama and all these people are still voting for Moore!" pieces because they're loving worthless

Like a series of 4 suburbs in Alabama will decide this election.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

O

Oh absolutely, I think its probably 50.5 - 48.5 or something like that as a raw vote percentage

I meant as a "percentage that he wins this election versus loses it"

literally the only reason I'm willing to give him above-even odds is because voter suppression is so strong and endemnic in Alabama, and even factoring that in I give him 55/45, tops

if it was a scenario where every legal voter in the state was able to cast a vote, I'd give him a 0% chance

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Epic High Five posted:

Anderson Cooper literally had a pro-child rape advocate on tonight and let him rant for 15 straight minutes while ignoring all prompts and bulldozing all questions without stopping him because the alternative was to have someone on who would oppose these views in any significant way lol

they should all be loving shot

i do not disagree

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

pillsburysoldier posted:

Video of Hannity being told/realizing he hosed Moore's chances completely by accident
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRj2-pFj5rA&t=1088s

lmfao hannity self owns

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't understand how you get to the point where you're openly lying about your motivations and salivating for muslim death but you can't bring yourself to emphatically deny that you hosed children as a 32 year old

like, why would he "struggle to deny" that? he already knows he's doomed if he doesn't deny it. he's already decided to move on forward instead of back down. why not go whole hog here? what gives? he's already a child raper, why grapple with the morality of lying, just go "No Sir I Never hosed Children That is a Lie", does he think he'll get punitive leniency if he doesn't lie and just instead omits / leaves it to the Implication?

Idgi???

once again: pedophiles feel that their urges are normal and have an overwhelming desire to be validated for some strange reason

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

literally the only reason I'm willing to give him above-even odds is because voter suppression is so strong and endemnic in Alabama, and even factoring that in I give him 55/45, tops

if it was a scenario where every legal voter in the state was able to cast a vote, I'd give him a 0% chance

Moore's real problem is the class of voter who can sink him have easy access to the ballot.

It was the GOP's problem in VA.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
honest question wut do you think would hurt moore more

if videotape emerges of him touching a 14 yr old or if videotape emerges of him kneeling during playing of us national anthem

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

When white suburban women are suddenly destroying your hopes and dreams, it gets real loving hard to vote suppress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Typo posted:

honest question wut do you think would hurt moore more

if videotape emerges of him touching a 14 yr old or if videotape emerges of him kneeling during playing of us national anthem

2nd one.

• Locked thread