Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
At least it doesn't have the stupid pig nose grille, a shame that they ran out of money to finish the rear though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

true but the frontend also looks like a KIA

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Looks like a cross between a Stinger and a Miata

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Honestly give me the pignose 4-series instead, this new 2 is hideous.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Looks bad, OP

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

From what I've seen all of the new series of BMW's look godawful, definitely thinking the current generation will hold some decent 2nd hand value because of that...

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
My M2C ownership experience just keeps getting better and better

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Voltage posted:

They're going to sneak into your garage in the middle of the night and put on a new bumper and grille.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

oh my god

Voltage posted:

MrChips posted:

Honestly give me the pignose 4-series instead, this new 2 is hideous.

yarp. Was thinking about trading for a DCT 4 since the M2c only has 9k miles on it in nearly 2 years and I only drive it city and I have the e30 for sport and and and, urgh

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Bangle or new-era, who done it worse? 🤔

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

Bangle or new-era, who done it worse? 🤔

Por que no los dos?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

KillHour posted:

Por que no los dos?

I didn’t realize LOD pop-in was still a thing in modern racing car vidya gamez

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Just a god drat shame that the 2 series is somehow uglier than the 4 series. How do you gently caress that up that badly?

e: M240i apparently weighs over 3800 pounds lmao

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

My "told you so :smug:" moment came sooner than I thought!

:smug:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

KillHour posted:

Por que no los dos?

Jesus christ please NMS that poo poo

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Came home to this yesterday.

Never ceases to amaze me how no matter how much room there is or how carefully you park some prick will find a way to damage your car.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Came home to this yesterday.

Never ceases to amaze me how no matter how much room there is or how carefully you park some prick will find a way to damage your car.

People straight up do not give a gently caress. If they don't care about their own car, they definitely don't care about yours. I've come to terms with the fact that all cars will have some form of dingage. Looks like a particularly bad case on yours though. That from a shopping cart, you think?

In better news (for me) - my build hit 150 and I have a VIN assigned now!

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

true but the frontend also looks like a KIA

I'm not thrilled about the triangles in the front grill or the headlights, but we haven't haven't seen the M version of the car yet.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
idk, front end looks alright if you subtract the chrome.

But wtf do I know, I also like the pignose

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

KillHour posted:

Por que no los dos?

I think I just stroked out

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I don't hate it, and from this angle it reminds me a lot of the Merc CLA's. Babby's first BMW. But at this point, just kill everything off and give us the i-2 series or whatever. Nothing will ever be quite like the pinnacle of modern BMW design which was the e38 / e39 / e46 era. Hell, even throw the e53 in there.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

KillHour posted:

People straight up do not give a gently caress. If they don't care about their own car, they definitely don't care about yours. I've come to terms with the fact that all cars will have some form of dingage. Looks like a particularly bad case on yours though. That from a shopping cart, you think?

In better news (for me) - my build hit 150 and I have a VIN assigned now!

I think it’s from a door, these are parking spaces inset into the pavement off the main road - mine is parked in the middle of three. You can see from the reflection of my work van that there’s a ton of room to open a door without getting anywhere near other cars, but here we are.

The good news is that the angle of the photo is the only way the dent is visible - it’s not noticeable from any other viewpoint. I should count my lucky stars the door handle took the brunt of it and it should mostly polish out.

Undoubtedly some visitor during the day is responsible - everyone in my block are generally pretty respectful of other peoples stuff.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I don't hate it, and from this angle it reminds me a lot of the Merc CLA's. Babby's first BMW. But at this point, just kill everything off and give us the i-2 series or whatever. Nothing will ever be quite like the pinnacle of modern BMW design which was the E30.

Fixed

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I don't hate it, and from this angle it reminds me a lot of the Merc CLA's. Babby's first BMW. But at this point, just kill everything off and give us the i-2 series or whatever. Nothing will ever be quite like the pinnacle of modern BMW design which was the e38 / e39 / e46 era. Hell, even throw the e53 in there.

Once it gets the full M treatment, we'll get a better idea of how good it is or not. If they widen the fenders further and tidy up the rear with a more aggressive bumper and quad exhausts, I have a feeling it's going to be quite a nice looking car.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
double headlights are gone? meh

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Going to laugh forever if the M version of it gets the ugly M4 front end, and keeps the ugly 2 series rear end for the worst of both worlds.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Keyser_Soze posted:

double headlights are gone? meh

oh yeah this is definitely part of what is throwing me off, I couldn't figure it out what was making it look so generic and un-bmw

now I can't unsee it

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Lord Ludikrous posted:

I think it’s from a door, these are parking spaces inset into the pavement off the main road - mine is parked in the middle of three. You can see from the reflection of my work van that there’s a ton of room to open a door without getting anywhere near other cars, but here we are.

The good news is that the angle of the photo is the only way the dent is visible - it’s not noticeable from any other viewpoint. I should count my lucky stars the door handle took the brunt of it and it should mostly polish out.

Undoubtedly some visitor during the day is responsible - everyone in my block are generally pretty respectful of other peoples stuff.

What about the scrapes on the handle? That doesn't look like a door ding to me.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Not sure the point of the new 2, maybe the leases will be good deals?

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Russian Bear posted:

Seems like they have no idea what their market is anymore and are just shotgunning as many models as possible.

It's the AMD make more cores comic but with car models.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Russian Bear posted:

BMW Fans: The M3 is too [big|ugly|expensive], why can’t BMW make cars like the E46?!?!?!

BMW: Here’s a car that’s nearly dimensionally identical (slightly shorter and a bit wider), makes almost 400 horsepower in the sub-M model and sold at a relatively affordable price.

BMW Fans: NOT LIKE THAT

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

The 2 series is the only remotely good of their current line up, but that new one looks fugly as all hell is the only problem!

(I'll allow M5M3 Touring but we'll never see it here so whatever)

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

kronix posted:

BMW Fans: The M3 is too [big|ugly|expensive], why can’t BMW make cars like the E46?!?!?!

BMW: Here’s a car that’s nearly dimensionally identical (slightly shorter and a bit wider), makes almost 400 horsepower in the sub-M model and sold at a relatively affordable price.

the objection from BMW fans is less about what the car is and more about the fact that it's fuckin ugly

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Its not ugly
Its not loving ugly
Its not so ugly its almost cool

Its just poo poo.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

It’s worse than ugly, it’s boring.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

the objection from BMW fans is less about what the car is and more about the fact that it's fuckin ugly

I humored everyone about the new M3/M4 because the grill is less than awesome but you’re all on drugs if you don’t think this is an improvement over the previous gen. I love the M2C but to pretend like it’s a work of art is laughable. It’s a goofy small BMW coupe, like the 1 series that preceded it. It’s lovable because shredding tires in jellybean is awesome, not because it looks good.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I'll give you one thing, that purple is absolutely BANGIN'.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It looks like poo poo

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
No, the 1 series and 2 series up until now has looked good. This looks bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

kronix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6lgE9D99k&t=108s&ab_channel=FuturamaVideos