Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cvnvcnv posted:

There is one tho.

One that's clearly tied to all 4 forges so won't be completable until the middle of January

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Harrow posted:

If you're really enjoying the game, yes. The expansion increases the level cap to 50 and adds a new single-player story, two new zones, and a good variety of endgame stuff for various levels of "hardcore"-ness. For reference, you can hit the maximum power level without ever raiding, if you're curious how hardcore you need to be to get enjoyment out of the endgame.
Whaaat, I thought 50 was the base game cap, yeah I'm probably getting it, guaranteed

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Honest Thief posted:

Whaaat, I thought 50 was the base game cap, yeah I'm probably getting it, guaranteed

The base game is capped at player level 40 and power level 300. Forsaken raised that to 50 and 600. The BA release raises it to 50 and 650 even if you didn't buy BA.

Definitely buy Forsaken if you enjoy the game casually, all the stuff that's making people mad right now a) happens at the highest reaches of the endgame and b) requires an additional purchase beyond Forsaken anyway.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 5, 2018

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue posted:

One that's clearly tied to all 4 forges so won't be completable until the middle of January

Lol irl

I know. It's so stupid that it actually rules.

Another :master: troll by Bungie.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I must be getting old because I'm not phased by any of this.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Insane Totoro posted:

I must be getting old because I'm not phased by any of this.

While the release is insanely stupid and bad, it’s probably not a big deal in the long run as the problems will resolve themselves in a few weeks.

The bigger problem is after the pretty astounding recovery of forsaken we are right back to Bungie being complete morons and scoring huge own goals.

Not promising. Who knows what other lame poo poo is in store for the future.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
For what it's worth I don't like short timed challenges in this game, given Bungie physics and respawn timers.

Am I getting appropriately mad now?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Have any you guys done the augmented weapon bounties from Ada? I'm wondering if they're expanded perk pools on existing guns.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You have to beat the forge to do those, so no

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Is heavy ammo bugged as hell again? I saw so few bricks of it I had to ask.

Also lol they have yet to fix the part where Champs or whatever are supposed to be guaranteed heavy drops.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
feast or famine bro

i was swimming in it through the raid last night and i never bother with heavy finder perks

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I miss orange bars being guaranteed heavy sources. It shows in some mission designs that they intended placement of orange bars to top you up at certain places (like right before the campaign boss in Osiris).

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
In cool and good news Loaded Question is absolutely monstrous for Last Wish.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

In cool and good news Loaded Question is absolutely monstrous for Last Wish.

It leaves me conflicted. It's a super rad fusion rifle, but it takes the same slot as fighting lion. :smith:

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song
Last night was cool. Finished work, cooked dinner, helped my kid study for his math test (2nd grade subtraction is HARD AF) got him ready for bed. Finally got to sit down to jihad some black armory. loving poo poo. 3 hours of just playing the same poo poo, and I'm at Light Level 602. Whoop-de-loving poo poo. Saw nothing new but a cut scene. And there's still no god drat polygon on the bottom of the gate you duck under to see Gambit Man.

Did they not loving see how cool Spooky Woods was? I'd of guided out a bunch of poo poo bounties in that for a 610 LL drop, and then not feel lovely about this. I don't need a poo poo story, I don't need a ton of missions that take them months to script and design, but I need SOMETHING to do that's new.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Gimme a kinetic slot fusion rifle so I can at least run it, Loaded and 1kv while I repeat dreaming city content for the 69th week

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

PathAsc posted:

Is heavy ammo bugged as hell again? I saw so few bricks of it I had to ask.

I think all the armor perks like finder and scavenger can gently caress stuff up unintentionally.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

hippieman posted:

Last night was cool. Finished work, cooked dinner, helped my kid study for his math test (2nd grade subtraction is HARD AF) got him ready for bed. Finally got to sit down to jihad some black armory. loving poo poo. 3 hours of just playing the same poo poo, and I'm at Light Level 602. Whoop-de-loving poo poo. Saw nothing new but a cut scene. And there's still no god drat polygon on the bottom of the gate you duck under to see Gambit Man.

Did they not loving see how cool Spooky Woods was? I'd of guided out a bunch of poo poo bounties in that for a 610 LL drop, and then not feel lovely about this. I don't need a poo poo story, I don't need a ton of missions that take them months to script and design, but I need SOMETHING to do that's new.

Buddy Bungie were very clear from the marketing that this was going to be ENDGAME content...maybe check yourself???

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

haveblue posted:

The base game is capped at player level 40 and power level 300. Forsaken raised that to 50 and 600. The BA release raises it to 50 and 650 even if you didn't buy BA.

Definitely buy Forsaken if you enjoy the game casually, all the stuff that's making people mad right now a) happens at the highest reaches of the endgame and b) requires an additional purchase beyond Forsaken anyway.

I think the base game is capped at 20. Osiris and Warmind together increased it to 30, and Forsaken took it to 50.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Gimme a kinetic slot fusion rifle so I can at least run it, Loaded and 1kv while I repeat dreaming city content for the 69th week

Make it shoot flaming shrapnel like the forsaken dudes do.

hire me, bungie

hippieman
May 8, 2004

Butcher of Song

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Buddy Bungie were very clear from the marketing that this was going to be ENDGAME content...maybe check yourself???

/me watched vidoc from last week

Ahhh that clears it all up. Especially when they talk about how their own guardians are not even LL 600 yet. I can clearly see how this was not for someone at the end game, but someone who was end game end game? More endy than my end game.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

hippieman posted:

/me watched vidoc from last week

Ahhh that clears it all up. Especially when they talk about how their own guardians are not even LL 600 yet. I can clearly see how this was not for someone at the end game, but someone who was end game end game? More endy than my end game.

*Plugs back in kinnect* “Xbox End Game” *powers off Destiny 2*

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Harrow posted:

I think the base game is capped at 20. Osiris and Warmind together increased it to 30, and Forsaken took it to 50.

Yeah that sounds right. Those days are a blur to all of us.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

4 Forges with a cap of 650 and not having them be 610, 620, 630 and 640 seems so obvious that it could only be brought to you by the same guys who did Osiris.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
can confirm that Breakneck is both Good and Fun in Last Wish

e: i should mention there were some :airquote: ammo issues :airquote: in vault

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah Breakneck is the rare primary that actually makes me sometimes think about how much primary ammo reserves I have left. I haven't run out yet or anything, but it looks like it might actually be possible with this thing.

But also it burns through red bars so goddamn fast that I don't care at all. It's a really, really good primary.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
nothing a quick jaunt over to another section of the vault didn't fix but it got close there a few times

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I like pulling out thunderlord for vault because like three shots can clear a pack.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If you need primary ammo just kill something with fighting lion.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

If you need primary ammo just kill something with fighting lion.

:blastu:

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

nothing a quick jaunt over to another section of the vault didn't fix but it got close there a few times

Most goons skip cardio to save their gains and end up being strong fat

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I didn't even realize Giant Vex guy was a bug, then again I'm usually blazed when mindlessly running strikes so I just assumed it was his natural size.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

^burtle posted:

I didn't even realize Giant Vex guy was a bug, then again I'm usually blazed when mindlessly running strikes so I just assumed it was his natural size.

Giant vex has never appeared in the live game, I mean he’s a Unit at his normal size but the bug is ridiculously large

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Wtf happened why are monsters one shotting me in gambit

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

orange sky posted:

Because bungie has put hidden modifiers in gambit the game never tells you about, and sometimes mobs have a power advantage.

:bungie:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Scorn? I feel like the Scorn hit way harder than the other races

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I got one shot by a cyclops last night. Confused the poo poo out of me.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

orange sky posted:

Dude I was getting lit up last night, and I’ve had a fairly consistent loadout and was playing normally.

My initial thought was there are some AI adjustments with the new patch, because when a Pubby when down I was nearby and the enemies INSTANTLY turned their attention to me and unloaded in unison. Might be speaking out of my rear end here but that seemed new.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I wondered about that too, I'm off in PC land (dunno if console/PC damage/health numbers differ) but I was getting liberally poo poo on by Vex in 2 different games yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Giant vex has never appeared in the live game, I mean he’s a Unit at his normal size but the bug is ridiculously large

I guess that explains why I had no idea this was even a bug.