Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0bdALQTLGI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillon2
Apr 3, 2018
6ix9ine: Test my gangster

FBI: the results are in...

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

monkeu posted:

Funny to think that Kanye is bad now because his brain got broken trying to compete with the rap god

https://twitter.com/newhiphopleak/status/1064155054041718786?s=21
The full video was great and this is the first time I am hearing of NORE's show. Subscribed.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mickolution posted:

Yeah, I had a Google of it and turned up this:

Brutal.

Wait, are there prisons that have 4* and 5* google reviews?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I'm the third guy from the right going :hmmyes:

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

is takooshi dead yet

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Don’t jerk your dick too raw about another young rapper potentially dying, rap thread

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Marching Powder posted:

ransom 2 is the best producer with many featuring rappers project done recently. even the lil yachty song bangs. that's amazing.

that said though, i've been thinking that rappers need to do projects exclusively with a single proudcer. it helps focus the experience and generally proudces top-tier results. see: beast mode, 56 nights, savage mode, edgewood, daytona, kids see ghosts. all of these albums are insanely loving sick and i don't think it's a coincidence that close rapper / producer projects turn out incredibly good at least as often as not.

also shoutout edgewood. came out this year and got a little bit of love but not enough. yall should listen to it.

Don't know if this is your style of hip-hop, but for producer/rapper duo projects, the recent "Breukelen Story" by Masta Ace and Marco Polo is incredible. Its classic boom-bap, so maybe that isn't your thing, but there isn't a single song I skip on the whole album.

Yes, I am going to keep mentioning this album until more people check it out.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

MrSargent posted:

Don't know if this is your style of hip-hop, but for producer/rapper duo projects, the recent "Breukelen Story" by Masta Ace and Marco Polo is incredible. Its classic boom-bap, so maybe that isn't your thing, but there isn't a single song I skip on the whole album.

Not listened to that one, but Marco Polo is great. His album with Ruste Juxx and Newport Authority 2 are well worth checking out.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

MrSargent posted:

Co-signed, it's a very enjoyable thing front-to-back.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
drat Drake really does have goons in Toronto

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Tekashi's lawyer looks like she's considering a change of career.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Tolkien minority posted:

Don’t jerk your dick too raw about another young rapper potentially dying, rap thread

TheJetCityFix
Feb 3, 2004

Errday I'm Russellin'

Marching Powder posted:

just rewatched that black thought freestyle on hot97 and couldn't stop thinking about the prince guitar solo at the rock and roll hall of fame induction of george harrison that was clearly orchestrated as a direct response to being left off a 'greatest guitarists of all time' list

i'll post the freestyle again even thought there's like a zero percent chance that anyone reading this doesn't know what i'm talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prmQgSpV3fA

How in the WORLD had I never heard this before?!? Good LAWD, this was fire. I'm just blown away after 3 listens.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
"RIP" jokes about him being in Gen Pop aside, I genuinely hope he doesn't die.

But this dumbass got warned by countless motherfuckers that he was jumping and dabbling in things beyond his station. Just for clout and an image.

It's so loving dumb and senseless. Then you have loving Akademics and other dumbasses platforming this foolishness, to the point where he's literally receiving videos of their recorded illegal activity to showcase.

If anything I hope the deaths of X and Pump and this poo poo going on with Tekashi are used to show people that all this heavy drug addiction, and fake thugging poo poo might not be worth it.

Like look if you are raised and born in that life and situation where you feel like you have to do that poo poo sure, it's bad but I at least under stand that poo poo.

People who actively choose to go into that life despite having plenty of other options are dumb as gently caress.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tears for a Child fucker

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Tears for a Child fucker

That too, but still death isn't something I wish on people.

Also, Lmao

https://twitter.com/TheBlastNews/status/1065258687051309056

Fam when you are giving them money you are actively participating in that poo poo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
“gangster image” paired with that photo is the funniest poo poo

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Tears for a Child fucker

Stop with that false equivalency bullshit. You can both be critical of the person and the system that helped make him that way at the same time. Stop being so short sighted and vindictive.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Dexo posted:

That too, but still death isn't something I wish on people.

Also, Lmao

https://twitter.com/TheBlastNews/status/1065258687051309056

Fam when you are giving them money you are actively participating in that poo poo.

What up, Blood? (What?)

What up, Cuz? (What?)

What up, Blood? (What?)

What up, gangsta?

We don't play that

We don't play that

We don't play that (G-Unit)

We don't play around

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Joe Gillian posted:

Stop with that false equivalency bullshit. You can both be critical of the person and the system that helped make him that way at the same time. Stop being so short sighted and vindictive.

Lol you do understand this guy was a hipster young thug dressing type dude until a couple years ago right? No system made this idiot, he made himself and put himself where he is now and had plenty of people I'd love to talk to tell him how to move. Save the tears for someone who deserves it.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Yuzenn posted:

Speaking of different, this Joyner/Tory battle is great....24 hours and two dope tracks going back and forth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fltPwtNARfk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vQ_BBjBrBE

Really cranking these out wow

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

:getin:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Joe Gillian posted:

gently caress capitalism?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Tears for a Child fucker

People were pretending they were sad Triple X Domestic Abuser Man died also

Gotta out sensitive the next dude I guess

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Joe Gillian posted:

What systemic injustice causes people to film sex with underage girls again?

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 21, 2018

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

gently caress capitalism?

Pretty much yeah.

Me: You can be critical of the person AND his environment

You loving idiots: But what about the person though

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 21, 2018

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Capitalism is awful but it isn’t responsible for paedophiles

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

alansmithee posted:

What systemic injustice causes people to film sex with underage girls again?

late stage capitalism. duh.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

MrSargent posted:

it's lined up my friend, thanks for the recommendation.

TheJetCityFix posted:

How in the WORLD had I never heard this before?!? Good LAWD, this was fire. I'm just blown away after 3 listens.

i was secretly hoping someone hadn't seen it before. good poo poo no?

also re: tekashi, although i'll never begrudge anyone who wants to call him a pedo / child fucker / whatever, my take on the situation is that he's just a retarded edgelord moron doing edgelord poo poo for the gram that caught up with him. he wasn't loving the child. he wasn't undressed. doesn't excuse it in any way shape or form, but personally it's my position that he's less about child loving and more about being famous for doing outrageous poo poo. as i mentioned earlier i've known a few cats that remind me of tekashi - stupid as gently caress, but popular, charismatic, and the proud owner of whatever brain problem dictates that they are 100% going to prison before their 22nd birthday. he's a loving idiot who was never going to stop and now his life is absolutely hosed because he is a loving moron and didn't have a single person around him that could maybe make him see sense. he is a loving waster. a retarded, incompetent waster who i can't help but feel just a little sorry for.

look at that poo poo. the biggest paragraph i've written in this thread in like two years defending child loving bad rapper tekashi 6ix 9ine

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KswoqrE_OH4
random snoop intro? this is gonna be on all day for me

power botton posted:

late stage capitalism. duh.

poo poo thats what I meant

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Capitalism is awful but it isn’t responsible for paedophiles

I didn’t say it was, but it explains a lot of his other problems. How is it that he’s uneducated yet he has more wealth than you or I? I’m interested in poo poo like that rather just trying to feel morally superior to some loving idiot. By failing to see how systems can stack up against the individual to create these fight or flight responses, we are inevitably helping to create these problems rather than understanding that these guys don’t even know what they’re doing is in effect a cry for help.

But nevermind that he’s a pedo let’s all laugh and feel better about ourselves at someone else’s expense.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Joe Gillian posted:

But nevermind that he’s a pedo let’s all laugh and feel better about ourselves at someone else’s expense.

Way ahead of you

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Joe Gillian posted:

I didn’t say it was, but it explains a lot of his other problems. How is it that he’s uneducated yet he has more wealth than you or I? I’m interested in poo poo like that rather just trying to feel morally superior to some loving idiot. By failing to see how systems can stack up against the individual to create these fight or flight responses, we are inevitably helping to create these problems rather than understanding that these guys don’t even know what they’re doing is in effect a cry for help.

Before we keep having this dumb argument any more

We do know that he was a kid from rough beginnings who found his way into easily getting out of his surroundings and circumstances....but chose to take on a fake persona and keep poking the bear vs real gangsters and thugs nationwide. This is even after being warned over and over, and in the face of that he's got a huge following and could have just sticked to the music and be aite? It's not like we haven't had a whole lot of super fake rappers before but they weren't running city to city with guns and drugs and testing people on their home turfs.

69 did this to himself, not some sort of system that he fell victim to. If anything he's a victim to his own idiocy and the fact that his crew is super trash for not insulating him from any of this fake gangster poo poo. How you gonna be best friends with 50 and still gently caress up this bad?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
50 hosed up by not trying to talk some sense into the boy. he had no adults around him looking out for him and it's kind of sad. but he 100% brought it on himself.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Joe Gillian posted:

lmao this is a bad post

Kill the pedophile

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Yuzenn posted:

Before we keep having this dumb argument any more

We do know that he was a kid from rough beginnings who found his way into easily getting out of his surroundings and circumstances....but chose to take on a fake persona and keep poking the bear vs real gangsters and thugs nationwide. This is even after being warned over and over, and in the face of that he's got a huge following and could have just sticked to the music and be aite? It's not like we haven't had a whole lot of super fake rappers before but they weren't running city to city with guns and drugs and testing people on their home turfs.

69 did this to himself, not some sort of system that he fell victim to. If anything he's a victim to his own idiocy and the fact that his crew is super trash for not insulating him from any of this fake gangster poo poo. How you gonna be best friends with 50 and still gently caress up this bad?
He was a loving uneducated idiot, that’s why. I’m not trying to establish sympathy for him. That’s what you guys are not understanding. It’s not about Tekashi, it’s about how people like him come to be. At some point he was just a kid who got laughed at. That there could provoke irrational responses if you don’t realized that unchecked insecurity creates problems for society at large. Laughing and shunning people without understanding why the poo poo happens means that you’re not providing yourself with the tools you need to solve the problem.

My stance simply is that it’s unproductive and perhaps dangerous to minimalize and laugh at people. That’s how Trump and Bolsonaro happens.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Joe Gillian posted:

That’s how Trump and Bolsonaro happens.

let's not go crazy.

essentially, i'm with you. i've had arguments with people laughing at floyd mayweather being unable to read and personally i couldn't imagine laughing at a guy with a hosed up dad, a cracked out mum, and an 'education' system so appalling in a first world country that it produces illiterate children. our society is producing these kids. these kids turn into adults, one or two turn into guys like floyd with hundreds of millions, a few turn into tekashis, but most of those same kids are getting buried every single day and that poo poo ain't funny. and ain't nobody doing poo poo to stop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Joe Gillian posted:

He was a loving uneducated idiot, that’s why. I’m not trying to establish sympathy for him. That’s what you guys are not understanding. It’s not about Tekashi, it’s about how people like him come to be. At some point he was just a kid who got laughed at. That there could provoke irrational responses if you don’t realized that unchecked insecurity creates problems for society at large. Laughing and shunning people without understanding why the poo poo happens means that you’re not providing yourself with the tools you need to solve the problem.

My stance simply is that it’s unproductive and perhaps dangerous to minimalize and laugh at people. That’s how Trump and Bolsonaro happens.

This is a real bad post :laffo:

What makes you assume he's a just a kid who got laughed at? You are assuming alot about this nigga you don't know poo poo about.

Laughing at niggas isn't how we got Trump and Bolsonaro, reactionaries who are in power being scared of losing that power using fear of "other" is how we get them.