Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
This week's spec!

B class AWD cars. Any car that comes stock all wheel drive. Upgrades to all wheel drive aren't allowed. Car can start in any class. All upgrades allowed except no race aero and no race or drag tires. At Bathurst and Sebring Short.

Spec Miata at spa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008
Not Stephen Harper in Disguise.

That is simply not true.
Anyone ever recover a corrupt save? It seems like my saved game is gone though. Corrupted on the hard drive and cloud.

Oh well... 2 months to forza 6!

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

GutBomb posted:

This week's spec!

B class AWD cars.

De-tuned an old friend from last season!

Are we allowed to tune the alignment and gearing of the miatas? I left mine bone vanilla stock in the first round to be safe, but everyone seemed to blow my doors off.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 14, 2015

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SmokeyXIII posted:

Anyone ever recover a corrupt save? It seems like my saved game is gone though. Corrupted on the hard drive and cloud.

Oh well... 2 months to forza 6!

I believe that with Forza 4, Turn 10 sometimes helped recover saves through some process I'm unlear on. Maybe try PMing one of the devs on their forums?

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

De-tuned an old friend from last season!

Are we allowed to tune the alignment and gearing of the miatas? I left mine bone vanilla stock in the first round to be safe, but everyone seemed to blow my doors off.

Alignment yes, gearing impossible.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Thats right its a stock part. My brain went right to gearing thinking of the long uphill straight at spa.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Yeah, any tunable parts that are installed on the Spec Miata, you can tune. I think all there is is suspension and ARB's though.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
And brakes

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I recently spoke to one of my friends who has been playing Forza since 4, but was completely unaware of the ability to tune the cars. This is understandable in Forza Horizon 1, but that wasn't the first one he's played.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Not gonna make it again tonight, sorry bros

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
What tracks are planned for the A-class corvettes next week? Just in case it isn't already decided, what do you guys think we haven't driven in a while?

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

What tracks are planned for the A-class corvettes next week? Just in case it isn't already decided, what do you guys think we haven't driven in a while?

It's Indy GP and Road America Commie turn.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
What track are we running Spec Miata on?

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
I should finally be able to race with you guys this week. Is there a set of rules for the A class Corvettes anywhere?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

What track are we running Spec Miata on?

What the hell, lets say... Long beach.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

azflyboy posted:

I should finally be able to race with you guys this week. Is there a set of rules for the A class Corvettes anywhere?

IIRC it's unlimited.

GutBomb posted:

What the hell, lets say... Long beach.

The full one?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

WienerDog posted:

IIRC it's unlimited.

It is unlimited.

WienerDog posted:

The full one?

Of course.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Hooray!

e: for some reason the formulas in my Google Docs spreadsheet aren't working. I've input last week's results but I won't have a .png to post until I... get... MS Office.

gently caress google docs sheets

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 23, 2015

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Long beach Miatas: 11 laps
Indy gp vettes: 13 laps
Road America communist version: 8 laps

9:30 PM tonight.

JetSet
Jan 2, 2004
Germanologist
poo poo. Lost track of time. might be able to make it next week. Might get stuck at work.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Next week, French cars. B class. Unlimited upgrades. Drag tires required.

Road Atlanta full
Yas marina south

Miatas on Sebring full

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Basically the same thing.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I love me some b9 tribeca.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Xlive tech support pulled some serious bullshit with my account right before race time and i argued with tech support through the entire race last night. so I have silver until they're system "writes off the pending charges" and accepts my prepaid card. I have no idea when that will be

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
May i ask why a debit card or credit card isnt an easier option?

edit: I will accept "none of your drat business".

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

May i ask why a debit card or credit card isnt an easier option?

edit: I will accept "none of your drat business".

all i get when I use any of my credit cards (except the one that was set up for billing that since failed) is 'something went wrong'. the tech didn't even explain it

ill just xpost the full story
"I got really mad at xbox live tech support last night. They are trying to charge me for 3 months of live that did not go through on my card. They have no past due website so I had to sit through an hour of a tech explaining how I should just wait "for the system to write off" the $21 since I dont want to pay it since I just bought a 3 month card when my credit card wouldn't work. It gave me unrelated errors (not "your account is past due) hence why I bought the card. They have no reason why my credit cards wont work. I threatened to sell my xbone.

At the end of the conversation I told the tech I wanted all my credit cards removed from live and i was not paying the $21 which has no billing page on microsoft.com and is not reflected anywhere. And then a half hour later got new a failed charge $21 for the first time instead of the same failed $10. loving prick. I've now cancelled that credit card"

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I remember when my previous debit card expired and I tried to update my account with a new card number. What a nightmare that was. It took me about 3 hours online, a call to tech service, and it still didn't work. The next day I tried again and after some magic or something, about 2 hours later, it finally went though.

They definitely need to sort their billing poo poo out. But yeah, next time, I will probably use a gift card too. I just don't trust their system as it is.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ethanol posted:

all i get when I use any of my credit cards (except the one that was set up for billing that since failed) is 'something went wrong'. the tech didn't even explain it

ill just xpost the full story
"I got really mad at xbox live tech support last night. They are trying to charge me for 3 months of live that did not go through on my card. They have no past due website so I had to sit through an hour of a tech explaining how I should just wait "for the system to write off" the $21 since I dont want to pay it since I just bought a 3 month card when my credit card wouldn't work. It gave me unrelated errors (not "your account is past due) hence why I bought the card. They have no reason why my credit cards wont work. I threatened to sell my xbone.

At the end of the conversation I told the tech I wanted all my credit cards removed from live and i was not paying the $21 which has no billing page on microsoft.com and is not reflected anywhere. And then a half hour later got new a failed charge $21 for the first time instead of the same failed $10. loving prick. I've now cancelled that credit card"
I don't know if this will help anyone, but I have had success using this method:

Every time I use my debit card to purchase anything from the Marketplace/Live I add my debit card via the options menu on the XBox itself. I wait for the transaction to go through (YOU WILL BE BILLED IMMEDIATELY, THERE ARE NO REFUNDS -- our kind and generous MS overlords) and I watch my bank account until I see the hold on my account go from a hold to paid. It can take a few days, but sometimes it's the next day.

At that point I go back into options on the XBox and go to payment options and select the card, and then click the REMOVE CARD option. (Note: You can do this online from your account, too; but this has never failed me so I keep doing it this way.) Once I have removed the card from my XBox MS cannot charge me for any renewals without me handling it myself.

Example: July, 2014, I bought a 12 month Live Gold directly from my XBox by adding my card, buying the Gold, ad then removing my card (I had been looking for a sale somewhere but was running out of time and hadn't found anything yet, so I had to pay full price.)
April, 2015, I found a 12-month Gold subscription on sale somewhere for thirty-something dollars. I forget where. I ordered it and when it arrived I used it. I'm now good until July 2016 and MS never had a chance to charge me a renewal (and I'm pretty sure they would have anyway) because there is no credit/debit card associated with my XBox or Live account, as I always remove it after I use it.

It sounds like a hassle when typed out this way, but it's actually very quick and easy to add/edit/remove a payment method from your console (or at least that's been my experience).

I've been burned by MS so many times over the years and spent far too many hours on the phone asking for managers and being snarked at by lovely fucks who don't, apparently, have any incentive to make the customer happy even when the customer has done nothing wrong.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
My CC offers the ability to generate one-time-use only numbers that can have a set spending limit & a single month expiry, so I always use that when dealing with MS so they can't put my poo poo on file and then autocharge me full retail price on a year of Live if I forget to order a card off the internet for half price.

Sony's even worse, they make you enter a CC number even when you're inputting an already-paid-for subscription card and owe nothing else. Jackbags.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Ether Frenzy posted:

dealing with MS so they can't put my poo poo on file and then autocharge me full retail price on a year of Live if I forget to order a card off the internet for half price.

I didnt consider this option. Thanks!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

You can buy a year of Live for 45 bucks vs. the 60 Microsoft charges you if you buy a live card, what the hell are you people doing still using credit cards to pay for Live?

Also I only ever buy anything on Live through the use of gift cards after having three different friends online fall victim to the FIFA hack and having their credit cards used to buy a bunch of poo poo on Live. And no, you don't ever need to have played FIFA to fall victim to that hack.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Anecdote: I have 10 friends who do play FIFA and never got hacked so I guess your story about https://www.microsoft.com being a less safe shopping destination to use your credit card issuer's money and risk on than https://www.discount-taiwanese-livecards.ro may be up for some further analysis

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Anecdote: I have 10 friends who do play FIFA and never got hacked so I guess your story about https://www.microsoft.com being a less safe shopping destination to use your credit card issuer's money and risk on than https://www.discount-taiwanese-livecards.ro may be up for some further analysis

It's good that you cherry picked where to buy a card from as an example of unsafe shopping, bro. There are tons of places you can get them that are cheap and safe, even Amazon sells them for 40 bucks in sales sometimes. In fact,

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbo...=xbox+live+gold

Huh, how about that. And other reputable sites like cdkeys actually sells them even cheaper now, around 30 bucks.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jul 24, 2015

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Congrats, you have discovered something that no one here had ever thought of doing!

ethanol posted:

and accepts my prepaid card.

ethanol posted:

since I just bought a 3 month card

ethanol posted:

hence why I bought the card.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ether Frenzy posted:

Congrats, you have discovered something that no one here had ever thought of doing!

I guess you missed the part where he bought that card because Live didn't have his credit card purchase go through?

You're really bending over backwards to try and discredit me for no real reason, dude. I mean you're using quotes from someone who was extremely unhappy with Xbox Live's purchasing system now, how can you think this possibly makes your argument look good?

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 24, 2015

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I have no recourse but to admit defeat, you have dismissively called me dude and bro in successive posts.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ether Frenzy posted:

I have no recourse but to admit defeat, you have dismissively called me dude and bro in successive posts.

Well I'm not sure what you were even trying to 'win' in the first place, unless you were in a contest with yourself to see how dumb you could make yourself out to be on an internet forum.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Cubey posted:

I guess you missed the part where he bought that card because Live didn't have his credit card purchase go through?

You're really bending over backwards to try and discredit me for no real reason, dude. I mean you're using quotes from someone who was extremely unhappy with Xbox Live's purchasing system now, how can you think this possibly makes your argument look good?

well yeah xbox live is basically comcast now, thanks for your post enlightening us on how i am an idiot for paying month to month ya ya bro i just like hate long term relationships

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
You comcast guys dont know how good you have it. I'm forced to use AT&T DSL, which means 5M down and 0.5 up for about 30% more money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Cable or fiber isn't available? I have fiber optic and it's 75mb down/75mb up.

• Locked thread