Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaoulDuke12
Nov 9, 2004

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but to those who see it coming and jump aside.
Okay, someone help me with the math here.

My opponent has a 2.48 ERA and 1.02 WHIP over 58 innings pitched.

I have a 2.45 ERA and 0.98 WHIP (over 91 innings but that doesn't matter).

The only person left between the two of us is Trevor Rosenthal.

By my calculations, if Rosenthal throws a shutout inning, his team's ERA would drop to 2.44 and WHIP to 1.00. (I'm basing this off of 16 earned runs total and 59 walks/hits in 58ip, then 59ip).

That would put us 7-7 and I would win by the tiebreaker.

Am I looking at this right? I don't want to celebrate prematurely, but I also don't want to lose by one hundredth of an ERA or WHIP point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Man, I went into today having led 7-4 all week (in a 12 category league).

My opponent tied me in three categories (HR, RBI, K's) today, and overtook me on NSV with 3 in one day.

A tie would have been a win for me.

I now lost 5-4 :negative:.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I survived Jacob deGrom onto the finals :getin:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Spoeank posted:

I survived Jacob deGrom onto the finals :getin:

I picked him up as a keeper.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
So, those playoffs that I'm in that don't re-seed. I ended up losing 10-3 in the semis. If they had re-seeded, the guy I'm playing would've beaten the 2 seed 10-1, and I would've beaten the 6 seed 8-5.

I am very angry. I'm benching my starters through the 3rd place game because I really don't want there to be a nice comprehensive list of my stats so I can see that I should be the rightful champion.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
That Cardinals/Reds game was the most nail biting affair of my fantasy career. Pussy Boss, for the sake of your sanity I hope you weren't following it as closely as I was.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
drat it I lose this this tie because he's in first place, right?

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

Doltos posted:

drat it I lose this this tie because he's in first place, right?

It goes by your regular season record vs. each other.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MondayHotDog posted:

It goes by your regular season record vs. each other.

Ah poo poo I 5-4'd him right before the playoffs but he 1-9'd me before that. Oh well, it was a good run.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

MondayHotDog posted:

That Cardinals/Reds game was the most nail biting affair of my fantasy career. Pussy Boss, for the sake of your sanity I hope you weren't following it as closely as I was.

:P Nah I wasn't watching, figured I had no chance. Can't believe Mesoraco and Bruce dingered in the last couple innings. If I had just benched one of my lovely pitchers I could've won ERA and tied ya, and as the higher seed I would've won the tiebreak? I think? That's all hindsight though. Grats dude.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
:negative: It is done, I have lost.

I was leading in the first three categories going into Sunday. Now I gotta get lucky to get third place.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Oh yeah, got into the championship game in one of my leagues. But I'm going to get crushed by the first place team, because all of my hitters are dead or slumping and I only have two player adds available for the season, while my opponent has 7.

e: I think the first place team is also goon-owned, so, uh, congratulations, whichever one of you owns "Hell's Satans" and is in a championship game.

DeltaAttack2go
Feb 6, 2003

what the christ
Dude in my Pro100 championship is down 9 batters this week with off days and spent 2 moves on mediocre pitching. Not even like two start guys, just traded some crappy pitchers for other crappy ones.

What I'm saying is you guys gotta get in on this next year. After the first few intense weeks it ended up being just another league where guys give up way too early.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

mentholmoose posted:

Oh yeah, got into the championship game in one of my leagues. But I'm going to get crushed by the first place team, because all of my hitters are dead or slumping and I only have two player adds available for the season, while my opponent has 7.

e: I think the first place team is also goon-owned, so, uh, congratulations, whichever one of you owns "Hell's Satans" and is in a championship game.

That's also me. Don't count yourself out yet, I don't do much streaming and you've got the tiebreaker.

CardTech
Nov 11, 2009

Baseball bro'ing at a super-high level
Hurray! Made it to the championship in my H2H league.

Now time to play the "Which team will have less players shut down ROS" game.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Championship match this week between me and the desk next to me. We've been 1-2 in the standings all season long. He's 1/12 at the moment, me...I started James Paxton :catstare:

Truly a clash of titans.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Barring meltdowns from the Arizona and Cardinals bullpen, day 1 of my championship week will look like this:

20.1 IP, 3-0 (losses is a category), 1 SV, 21K, 0.89 ERA, 0.84 WHIP, 3.5 K/BB

He started James Paxton :getin:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

tinstaach posted:

Championship match this week between me and the desk next to me. We've been 1-2 in the standings all season long. He's 1/12 at the moment, me...I started James Paxton :catstare:

Truly a clash of titans.

Okay, this fucker is 1/24 now AND HE'S BEATING ME IN HOME RUNS

gently caress fantasy baseball

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

tinstaach posted:

Okay, this fucker is 1/24 now AND HE'S BEATING ME IN HOME RUNS

gently caress fantasy baseball

gently caress h2h, more like it.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

Abel Wingnut posted:

gently caress h2h, more like it.

I looove playing roto for this reason. Seems a better representation over a full year compared with "dominated nearly the entire season only to slump right at the end"

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Aww yes. Team is 1/19 today. Thanks Jorge Soler for being my only hit. I don't even have a walk.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm fairly certain I would have won my H2H league if it was Roto. H2H is just a stupid format.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Head to Head is fine you dumb babies, stop playing it if you don't like it.

DeltaAttack2go
Feb 6, 2003

what the christ
I say this every year. H2H playoffs require aggressive tactics. Regular season poo poo doesn't work. Yeah there is an element of drama to it, but that's why it's a popular format.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

H2H is different than Roto. Roto is for people who like to sit back and rosterbate about how well they did in weeks 3 - 20.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
I was in a H2H this year with weekly rosters and only 8 batters. It was less Fantasy Baseball than it was Fantasy Avoid the DL. I can say I was very glad not to win because it meant I would have felt obligated to go back.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I won a Awful Baseball this year. I was lucky to keeper trade Verlander/Price into Bautista/Stanton before the draft, which helped immensely. To everyone in that league - nice playing with you guys and I look forward to next year :)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Murmur Twin posted:

I won a Awful Baseball this year. I was lucky to keeper trade Verlander/Price into Bautista/Stanton before the draft, which helped immensely. To everyone in that league - nice playing with you guys and I look forward to next year :)

I feel bad for more or less abandoning my two goon leagues (backwards scoring and Centaur Paintings) but they became too much of a pain to keep up with because the ESPN mobile app randomly stopped working :(

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Murmur Twin posted:

I got second place!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

IcePhoenix posted:

I feel bad for more or less abandoning my two goon leagues (backwards scoring and Centaur Paintings) but they became too much of a pain to keep up with because the ESPN mobile app randomly stopped working :(

I really liked that Awful Baseball was 16 teams, weekly lineups. I'd usually spend that first "still waking up, don't want to do anything" hour at work on Monday morning making tweaks as necessary, and that was pretty much all the :effort: I needed to make until the following week.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Murmur Twin posted:

I really liked that Awful Baseball was 16 teams, weekly lineups. I'd usually spend that first "still waking up, don't want to do anything" hour at work on Monday morning making tweaks as necessary, and that was pretty much all the :effort: I needed to make until the following week.

I don't like start and forget leagues because I ultimately just end up skipping the first step by accident v:shobon:v

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Head to head keeper leagues must be tough when you have a top prospect slumping at playoff times.

DeltaAttack2go
Feb 6, 2003

what the christ
Yeah. Keepers add a dynamic to the playoffs, but it's easily mitigated by expanding bench spots in keeper leagues. Also has the added benefit of making prospect picks more interesting. Nuclear Plant Softball League added an NA slot this year.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Eff keeper leagues, if you got no starts left this year you're friggin dead to me

gonna drop Corey Kluber on Saturday and give no fucks at all

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Anyone know how far these Yahoo Pro leagues pay out? Do I get anything for getting third place?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Doltos posted:

Anyone know how far these Yahoo Pro leagues pay out? Do I get anything for getting third place?

Yeah, the Pro leagues payout 1st through 3rd place. I think the 3rd place winner just gets you your entry fee back, like in a $20 pro league, you'd get $20 for 3rd place.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

tinstaach posted:

Eff keeper leagues, if you got no starts left this year you're friggin dead to me

gonna drop Corey Kluber on Saturday and give no fucks at all

Agree 100%. I load up my bench with active position players who can sub in in case a starter sits which is more common. In addition I scrap some stats that I won't be moving on for other stats that I can catch up or get more breathing room. I recall 2-3 years ago I dropped Josh Hamilton for someone like Rajah Davis since I need SB help and was winning HRs by a lot.

DeltaAttack2go
Feb 6, 2003

what the christ

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Yeah, the Pro leagues payout 1st through 3rd place. I think the 3rd place winner just gets you your entry fee back, like in a $20 pro league, you'd get $20 for 3rd place.

Payouts are still posted.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/proleagues

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Pretty sweet, the guy I'm playing against in the consolation match gave up on his team so this'll be a much needed 30 dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeltaAttack2go
Feb 6, 2003

what the christ
Also, if you end up winning money, and you've never been paid by Yahoo before, they'll send you instructions. You need to hook up your primary email on Yahoo to your PayPal account. Payouts happen 3-4 weeks after the final stat corrections.

• Locked thread