Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Uranium 235 posted:

What's the most broken tier 6 in the game? I need one for pubstomping platoons.

M6 is my favourite but I haven't played a huge amount of tanks. The gun destroys equal tiers and if you get into a tier 8 game, the gold shell has the same pen as a T32's gold shell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Uranium 235 posted:

KV-2 is amongst the best T6 sealclubbers and objectively the most fun to play. :colbert:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I like the kv-2 because it's such an enormous target

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Uranium 235 posted:

It might not be broken, but even with the hosed RNG accuracy the Cromwell still kills pubbies and carries games.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
WOWS trip report: Pubbies in Yamatos are already complaining that there aren't enough wide open maps.

Unsurprisingly, the people that are bad at tanks are also bad at boats.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Not mentioning the T-34-85M in the OP tier 6 category. What a bunch of bads. Proven fact: T-34-85M > Type "scrub" 59

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Agrajag posted:

Not mentioning the T-34-85M in the OP tier 6 category. What a bunch of bads. Proven fact: T-34-85M > Type "scrub" 59

how to get one

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

New troll: "texas is the worst state"

It's been effective so far.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Uranium 235 posted:

Depends on how you like to play. If you like moving fast and knife fighting, then the Cromwell and A-43 are good choices. If you like a medium that's a bit more balanced, get the T-34-85. If you liked the KV-1 and want a KV-1 that's a tier higher, try the T-150. Of course, the KV-2 delivers hilarious, if inconsistent results.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

My weekend in tanks:
Stock Chi-Ri. Look who got 1 shot in while platooned with a 50% player and then got killed by a 44% E-25.
Also, for the Chi-Ri, I guess the upgrade path is engine, tracks and then turret + autoloader, since the turret weighs a lot more?

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amYJiqnmXBQ
A Bulldog mastery badge. I actually thought you needed to do more for this.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Cardiac posted:

My weekend in tanks:
Stock Chi-Ri. Look who got 1 shot in while platooned with a 50% player and then got killed by a 44% E-25.
Also, for the Chi-Ri, I guess the upgrade path is engine, tracks and then turret + autoloader, since the turret weighs a lot more?

The path for the Chi-Ri is to free XP past it to the STA-1. A decision I never regretted.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

I want something more arcadey than nonstop war thunder sim tanks to chill out on occasionally, should I reinstall this or just go play a different game?

Also what's changed since I stopped playing about a year ago?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

YellerBill posted:

I want something more arcadey than nonstop war thunder sim tanks to chill out on occasionally, should I reinstall this or just go play a different game?

Also what's changed since I stopped playing about a year ago?

They added personal missions. You can do fifteen missions for each tank class. Finish four of those sets and unlock a fancy reward tank! There's four fancy reward tanks, and the missions increase in difficulty as you go up.

The player base has never been worse. Stay away.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Hellsau posted:

The player base has never been worse. Stay away.

Welp. Thanks for the heads-up.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

YellerBill posted:

Welp. Thanks for the heads-up.

See this for what the mission did to pubbies

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Finally unlocked the big 88 for the tiger, it's been very painful so far.

Take some solace in the fact that the Tiger is the absolutely worst stock grind in the game. The Tiger 2 and e75 are much better stock grinds.

e: Ospina bossed the pitch today.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Uranium 235 posted:

how to get one

Apparently it was only for sale temporarily but I'm sure it will appear again during holidays and poo poo.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

SUP GUYS

Tuco22
Jul 11, 2013
You're a bad person.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Oh its not me, just some 47% pubbie on a Tier X match.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

warcrimes posted:

Take some solace in the fact that the Tiger is the absolutely worst stock grind in the game. The Tiger 2 and e75 are much better stock grinds.

e: Ospina bossed the pitch today.

You get the short 88 right off the bat and can at least shoot APCR. The Charioteer with a stock 20-pounder is just impossibly bad. And the next gun is basically the same, but for 40k XP. The WZ-120 suffers from a similar curse.

KonigRasnake
Mar 20, 2014

Simply trying to enjoy some lemonade and magic-head.
Not as bad as the stock IS-4.

e: also obligatory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIKm0nF6b4U

KonigRasnake fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 2, 2015

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
today was a good day of tanks.

only played the cdc. loving third mark of excellence eludes me tho. the percentage keeps climbing 0.1 per 2500-3000 damage game i have, then i have a single game around 1k damage and it drops by a full percent or two. loving stuck at 92%

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

KonigRasnake posted:

Not as bad as the stock IS-4.

e: also obligatory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIKm0nF6b4U

This is perfect. The dude is so indignant.

KonigRasnake
Mar 20, 2014

Simply trying to enjoy some lemonade and magic-head.
Vegas and I have come to the conclusion that looking up how many pages of people with "Rommel" in their name is , in fact, more fun than playing pub battles.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

KonigRasnake posted:

Vegas and I have come to the conclusion that looking up how many pages of people with "Rommel" in their name is , in fact, more fun than playing pub battles.

I'm going to guess 8300 players.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Hellsau posted:

I'm going to guess 8300 players.

Patton actually beat Rommel by a fair margin.

other popular bad pubbie names- tiger, hawk, and tank(lol)

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Uranium 235 posted:

New troll: "texas is the worst state"

It's been effective so far.

I've only had one person freak out that I put Japanese flags on my Type 59.
It happened about two years ago but it has fueled me since then.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Cardiac posted:

My weekend in tanks:

The stock Chi-Ri is not remarkably bad, and with upgraded engine/tracks and stock turret it isn't slow. I think I did that order and waited to upgrade the turret until I had the autoloader.
disclaimer: I thought the Chi-Ri was fun and if crews hadn't been an issue I'd have kept it and the Chi-To. :japan:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

James Garfield posted:

The stock Chi-Ri is not remarkably bad, and with upgraded engine/tracks and stock turret it isn't slow. I think I did that order and waited to upgrade the turret until I had the autoloader.
disclaimer: I thought the Chi-Ri was fun and if crews hadn't been an issue I'd have kept it and the Chi-To. :japan:

Hey man you can always play the Chi-Nu-Kai to train another crew. Oh, or maybe you can buy an STA-2!

I'm just suggesting this because you like mediocre tanks so I figure you'd like to play some bad tanks instead.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Just got the big gun on the E-75. It's pretty cool.

I looked ahead at the E-100 big gun and noticed the AP pen is awful. I assume you just shoot HEAT almost all the time?

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Uranium 235 posted:

I looked ahead at the E-100 big gun and noticed the AP pen is awful. I assume you just shoot HEAT almost all the time?

Yup.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

unlimited shrimp posted:

I've only had one person freak out that I put Japanese flags on my Type 59.
It happened about two years ago but it has fueled me since then.

I wonder how pissed people will get if I start playing the Chinese line, slap the ROC/Taiwan flag on everything, and spam messages glorifying Chiang Kai-shek. I know there's wheraboos, but are there Mao apologists in WoT?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Uranium 235 posted:

You can tell the real baddies apart when they complain about your E100's gold ammo.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

You can tell the real baddies apart when they complain about your E100's gold ammo.

most pubbies are also goddamn terrible at playing the E100. Properly played, you should always be doing at least 3k + in that thing every game.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Saint Celestine posted:

most pubbies are also goddamn terrible at playing the E100. Properly played, you should always be doing at least 3k + in that thing every game.

Naw sometimes a T92 pens you with AP and you only get like 2100-2500. Two games in a row.

e: So I heard -G- got wrecked in the civil war, but what else happened that the north side lost it so badly? Did RELIC perform exactly at expectations a.k.a. RELIC be bad?

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Mar 2, 2015

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

e: So I heard -G- got wrecked in the civil war, but what else happened that the north side lost it so badly? Did RELIC perform exactly at expectations a.k.a. RELIC be bad?

A goon told me that -G- goes around beating up the weaker clans nowadays which apparently backfired on them when BULBA borrowed the weaker clans accounts.

James Garfield posted:

That is sort of what I was thinking as well.
The pen on the second best gun is the same as the top gun, as well as being decent for that tier, which makes it workable.
DPM wise the stock turret Chi-Ri is on the same level as the Comet, it is not horribly slow and it has workable gun depression.
I kinda like the Japanese line and have done above my regular standards so far in the line. Both Ch-Nu and Chi-To were surprisingly great with good pen and rate of fire.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Hellsau posted:

Naw sometimes a T92 pens you with AP and you only get like 2100-2500. Two games in a row.

Who cares? Clan wars died after the Purple Dawn war. Only reason a lot of us stuck around is to get free tier 10 giveaway tanks in those lovely loving campaigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Uranium 235 posted:

The correct answer is "FV304."

The Hellcat is still playable, even though they nerfed its mobility (a.k.a. the only thing that was realistic about that tank.) The Jackson is a decent alternative. Anything with the US 90 mm gun is above average, including the M6 as others have mentioned.

The T-34-85 is a solid medium, and the A-43 and especially the VK3001D trade the big gun for more gofast. (The old VK3001H was amazing. :rip:)

Nashorn, SU-100 & SU-100Y are OP TDs.

The KV-2 is one of the most absurd vehicles in the game, particularly at tier 6.

Note that if you do skirmishes (tier 6 max) then options open up, such as scouts (the T37 is great.)

warcrimes posted:

I have faint memories of my terrible time playing the stock Tiger H, but that was long ago when I was new to the game. There are worse stock grinds though; the IS for example (120 mm of penetration!) at tier 7. The worst might be the ARL V39, though, which starts with a tier 3 gun at tier 6. (The IS-4 isn't that big a deal anymore since it gets the top gun from the ST-D.)

James Garfield posted:

Partially correct: the stock and elite Chi-Ris are both remarkably bad.