Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The ACOG is very bad for me because whenever I pick one I try to snipe people from 400 meters and never kill anyone.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 08:29 on May 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJmhZH8S67A

:getin:

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy

AnElegantPeacock posted:

This is a bad idea. Every time somebody tries that poo poo with me I just dump a few mags into the engine block and they get killed by the explosion.

Im talking about the last top 10 when no one is going to mag dump a car and make it very clear where they are, plus the person at the car would be easily able to see you because they can knee in the field behind the car

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Scarecow posted:

Im talking about the last top 10 when no one is going to mag dump a car and make it very clear where they are, plus the person at the car would be easily able to see you because they can knee in the field behind the car

Especially in the final 10. Gotta let those over fucks know I mean business :black101:

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Had a great chicken dinner in which nobody in the squad got a kill, I threw 7 smoke grenades, and we sat in the grass until the zone killed the last guy.

Winnerrr.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Won a bunch of streamers' custom games tonight, although there was no money on the line. Shotguns, crossbows and cars was ridiculous. SMGs only is pretty good. Modes that still include ARs or Snipers feel largely the same.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I also won a solo game with the double barreled shotgun and 5 bandages. My loot luck was terrible, I found only a choke for the shotty and spent rest of the time running and hiding. Circles ended up in Pochinki so I camped there till there was only like 15 left and I had to move. I saw a few guys in the streets and basically oneshotted them. I didn't have time to loot anyone because of the circles :/

I managed to use my bandages at 10% hp in a house before the circle converged on the church. Some guys were fighting in there while I used the minute to bandage my sorry rear end...

Finally had to go outside the house and saw some guy getting owned outside a small hut. I crouched up the hill and saw the last guy's head peeking over the hill in front of me. One shotgun round later I was the winner, with only like 5 kills.

If you get lucky and the circle ends up in a city, you don't apparently need much loot. Just a good gun, and a S686 is the best there is for close quarters combat.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

The Machine posted:

Had a great chicken dinner in which nobody in the squad got a kill, I threw 7 smoke grenades, and we sat in the grass until the zone killed the last guy.

Winnerrr.

I hardly saw anybody that whole game until the end, just kicked back and watch the blue wall put in some work.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

AnElegantPeacock posted:

This is a bad idea. Every time somebody tries that poo poo with me I just dump a few mags into the engine block and they get killed by the explosion.

that's why you intentionally detonate it yourself

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

cock hero flux posted:

that's why you intentionally detonate it yourself

:chanpop:

GENIUS!

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Ihmemies posted:

I also won a solo game with the double barreled shotgun and 5 bandages. My loot luck was terrible, I found only a choke for the shotty and spent rest of the time running and hiding. Circles ended up in Pochinki so I camped there till there was only like 15 left and I had to move. I saw a few guys in the streets and basically oneshotted them. I didn't have time to loot anyone because of the circles :/

I managed to use my bandages at 10% hp in a house before the circle converged on the church. Some guys were fighting in there while I used the minute to bandage my sorry rear end...

Finally had to go outside the house and saw some guy getting owned outside a small hut. I crouched up the hill and saw the last guy's head peeking over the hill in front of me. One shotgun round later I was the winner, with only like 5 kills.

If you get lucky and the circle ends up in a city, you don't apparently need much loot. Just a good gun, and a S686 is the best there is for close quarters combat.

686 is so good. I will frequently keep one through the end game if I have a choke, since it's an instant kill/down if you connect.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

This game needs mods so Beastie Boys' Sabotage will automatically play when I have a Micro Uzi out.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Shameless victory screen postin'

9 kills :getin:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://clips.twitch.tv/DiligentGlutenFreeHippoCoolStoryBro

I did a car violence in 1 v Squad

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Shooting Blanks posted:

686 is so good. I will frequently keep one through the end game if I have a choke, since it's an instant kill/down if you connect.

In one squad game I killed a whole squad with it. They were too afraid to rush me so I moved around a house and concrete fences and got them one by one. The reload speed is very nice too, but of course the best feature is that it shoots both rounds nearly instantly.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

I was on board till I saw your use key is END. The gently caress?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I was on board till I saw your use key is END. The gently caress?

Do not ask.

The Arcane incantations that my keyboard binds are will break mortal minds.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Do not ask.

The Arcane incantations that my keyboard binds are will break mortal minds.

Are you a filthy arrow key user. I didn't know your kind still existed.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Are you a filthy arrow key user. I didn't know your kind still existed.

Im guessing some kind of auto hotkey trickery

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Willfrey posted:

Im guessing some kind of auto hotkey trickery

no i'm a arrow holdover.

There are dozens of us!

DOZENS!

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

no i'm a arrow holdover.

There are dozens of us!

DOZENS!

:psyduck: how

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I'm old.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

no i'm a arrow holdover.

There are dozens of us!

DOZENS!

I was a "clicker" in WoW.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Go full numpad

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

At least it must keep your finger joints limber with the ridiculous contortions you must have to make

Orv
May 4, 2011
IJKL is where it's at.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Bardeh posted:

At least it must keep your finger joints limber with the ridiculous contortions you must have to make

It's very comfortable if you ruined your hands playing THPS2 way too much as a teen.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

no i'm a arrow holdover.

There are dozens of us!

DOZENS!

I thought the meteor took care of you guys.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

it's me, the bad player that never seeks out engagements and only gets kills in the last two circles

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

HannibalBarca posted:

it's me, the bad player that never seeks out engagements and only gets kills in the last two circles

The smart player*

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
I have the worst luck with loot. I dropped into a small area with 3-4 houses with one other dude, and the house I chose first had an uzi with a few boxes of 9mm and nothing else but clothes. A minute or two later I hear the other dude approaching so I hide in a corner and spray him in the face. He's got a SCAR, AKM, a medkit, and a shitton of ammo, and armor. So unless I get absurdly lucky it's almost always better to just grab whatever gun you can and go take some other dude's poo poo.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Quit dropping in lovely areas and complaining about bad loot luck?

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
Stinky pochinki

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Quit dropping in lovely areas and complaining about bad loot luck?

Wow. First of all I wasn't complaining, second of all it wasn't really a lovely area if the one other guy near me had all that stuff. My point simply being that killin' dudes is almost always a better (and more interesting) way of getting stuff.

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 21, 2017

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i'm crying :laffo:

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Wow. First of all I wasn't complaining, second of all it wasn't really a lovely area if the one other guy near me had all that stuff. My point simply being that killin' dudes is almost always a better (and more interesting) way of getting stuff.

I think he is saying that if you drop into statistically more fruitful loot areas instead of small areas with 3-4 houses but you still get screwed on loot then you know that you are truly unlucky and should pray to PU for forgiveness.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I don't know how much more than one uzi, some 9mm ammo and maybe an energy drink or a vest you should reasonably expect from a single house. The other guy obviously got insanely lucky but at the same time I get the feeling he probably looted 3 or 4 times more (efficiently).

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 21, 2017

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Edit: NM, apparently my little anecdote which I thought to be a harmless musing on PUBG rubbed people the wrong way.

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 21, 2017

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Don't worry, the reprocessing teams headed your way are mostly very gentle sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Gotta say I agree with that sentiment. The anecdote may have just been poorly framed with the "luck" thing. I had my share of spergy, playing-safe masochism in dayz and you're right, gently caress that.

• Locked thread