Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Theta Zero posted:

I actually didn't know it was a reference.

Neither did I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's cool if it was intentional

I like that movie

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
Anyone else trying to beat legendary(not all heroes) tomorrow/today? I can do Torb/Mercy

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What time tomorrow does the event end?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I think you should be able to boop mercy in the middle of her GA flight, but then after the forced movement is over she gets a new, corrected flight path from her new position and she gets to finish the rest of her flight.

If she was out in the open it wouldn't make a big difference but in tighter spaces you might get able to get her stuck on walls or door frames. I don't know if she actually needs to eat a nerf or not, but it'd be funny.

Also: same with widowmaker grapple.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OverwatchUniversity/comments/65m4se/signups_for_the_second_scrub_cup_are_open_now/

There's a tournament going on called the Scrub Cup. If you're SR <2500 (in other words, gold or lower) then you're free to join (they're flexible about you being a little over). It's solo registration only (no teams or buddies joining with you) and it's a good way to get yourself accustomed to playing on a coordinated team. The times are flexible and you'll even work with coaches to help you improve. You don't have anything to lose by singing up.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Theta Zero posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OverwatchUniversity/comments/65m4se/signups_for_the_second_scrub_cup_are_open_now/

There's a tournament going on called the Scrub Cup. If you're SR <2500 (in other words, gold or lower) then you're free to join (they're flexible about you being a little over). It's solo registration only (no teams or buddies joining with you) and it's a good way to get yourself accustomed to playing on a coordinated team. The times are flexible and you'll even work with coaches to help you improve. You don't have anything to lose by singing up.

This looks fantastic, and I wish I could sign up, but I'm going to be traveling for work from the 14th to the 19th. :( e - and PC players only; womp womp.

When does the Uprising event end?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Montalvo posted:

This looks fantastic, and I wish I could sign up, but I'm going to be traveling for work from the 14th to the 19th. :( e - and PC players only; womp womp.

When does the Uprising event end?
Tomorrow

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I played a game earlier where an enemy Mercy used her ult but I killed her while she was still reviving people. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen anymore?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

fadam posted:

What time tomorrow does the event end?

Really hard to tell. The last events extended way past midnight if I remember correctly.
I think I was able to still get loot boxes from the Halloween event at 4:00 pm the day after it should have ended. Year of the rooster was also quite lenient, but not as much as Halloween.

Putting up a definitive ending time for the major time zones somewhere - the shop page for instance - is probably too much to ask.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Manatee Cannon posted:

that's cool if it was intentional

I like that movie

Definitely intentional. He also has a spray that's a much more obvious reference to Iron Giant.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

RBA Starblade posted:

I played a game earlier where an enemy Mercy used her ult but I killed her while she was still reviving people. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen anymore?

You need to record a video when weird stuff like this happens for anyone to have a hope of explaining it to you. There is a split-second window where she may start her ult sound cue but not have it initiate the invulnerability is all I can think of. This would be the same as hitting Q on soldier/genji/reaper/whatever and immediately dying, then still having your ult when you become alive again. It does happen. Genji probably has the longest window for it but other characters do have it.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I mean I had a game yesterday where I hit Q, the sound cue played and her hand started raising, but before the animation completed I died and the rez didn't go off

I've never seen Mercy die after she actually hits the invul frames though, don't think that's possible

e:vvvvv

Yeah I mean I guess even if you're invulnerable a pit will still kill you

kumba fucked around with this message at 17:55 on May 1, 2017

Parachute
May 18, 2003
i swear i've seen a mercy fly in and pop a res on ilios well and fall to her doom or maybe it was just in a dream~~

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

turtlecrunch posted:

You need to record a video when weird stuff like this happens for anyone to have a hope of explaining it to you. There is a split-second window where she may start her ult sound cue but not have it initiate the invulnerability is all I can think of. This would be the same as hitting Q on soldier/genji/reaper/whatever and immediately dying, then still having your ult when you become alive again. It does happen. Genji probably has the longest window for it but other characters do have it.

That's the only thing I can think of but the enemy team all got back up and she was dead. I didn't really mind it, I knew I got there too late to stop her and we won the match anyway, it just confused me for a second. I guess it was just lag or something.

quote:

i swear i've seen a mercy fly in and pop a res on ilios well and fall to her doom or maybe it was just in a dream~~

On Ilios I Embraced Tranquility so hard I forgot that I am not actually flying when I play as Zen and fell into the well and spent the rest of the match laughing my rear end off.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I once used my dva jets to boost over the wall on the path leading to the well, booped someone into the well on accident because I didn't even know they were there, and then started laughing so hard I forgot to turn and just followed them straight down to death

phthalocyanine
May 19, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

On Ilios I Embraced Tranquility so hard I forgot that I am not actually flying when I play as Zen and fell into the well and spent the rest of the match laughing my rear end off.

dying while ulting as Zen because you fell or got charged or knocked into a pit never ceases to be the funniest thing in the game to me. recently a rein just charged me in ult straight off the balcony on hanamura and I laughed for the rest of the game

Parachute
May 18, 2003
i usually feel like jumping off a cliff after getting hit by an ana nade that nulls the tranquil experience, that's for sure.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man I had the worst luck with this event. Only got a single unique gold costume for Orisa and a bunch of sprays and voice clips. Any other time I got a gold, it was either generic 500 gold or non-event skins for Hanzo and Roadhog. I'm just glad the ones I wasn't able to get were for characters I almost never played (Genji, Hanzo, Widowmaker) or ones I don't play much like Tracer or Tjoborn.

I really wished the non-event skins wouldn't drop during this, as it the worst feeling when you see them appear. That or at least bother to add some new event skins, since the last time there was a new 1000 gold skin, it was for Reinhart back in September?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rirse posted:

Man I had the worst luck with this event. Only got a single unique gold costume for Orisa and a bunch of sprays and voice clips. Any other time I got a gold, it was either generic 500 gold or non-event skins for Hanzo and Roadhog. I'm just glad the ones I wasn't able to get were for characters I almost never played (Genji, Hanzo, Widowmaker) or ones I don't play much like Tracer or Tjoborn.

I really wished the non-event skins wouldn't drop during this, as it the worst feeling when you see them appear. That or at least bother to add some new event skins, since the last time there was a new 1000 gold skin, it was for Reinhart back in September?

I didn't get anything at all, but I didn't try very hard to either.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RBA Starblade posted:

I didn't get anything at all, but I didn't try very hard to either.

That true on my part, I didn't play as much as this event compared to the other three. Mostly due to Persona 5 coming out at the time, but also due to the before mentioned gold costumes for characters I rarely played. I do hope they add new non-event stuff for Overwatch's one year anniversary next month.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Does anyone know why this didn't work? https://giant.gfycat.com/TenseCoolGosling.webm

Got some freeze frames here. I figure it might be lag, but maybe the hammer clipped through the shield, or Symmetra's shield just doesn't work on it. It'd be nice to know.

phthalocyanine
May 19, 2013

Elman posted:

Does anyone know why this didn't work? https://giant.gfycat.com/TenseCoolGosling.webm

Got some freeze frames here. I figure it might be lag, but maybe the hammer clipped through the shield, or Symmetra's shield just doesn't work on it. It'd be nice to know.

i haven't had an opportunity to really test it but I'm 99% certain syms barrier just doesn't block earthshatter no matter what because of how it floats, even if it's clipping the ground

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

phthalocyanine posted:

i haven't had an opportunity to really test it but I'm 99% certain syms barrier just doesn't block earthshatter no matter what because of how it floats, even if it's clipping the ground

It's also karma for you building that loving teleporter defending Hanamura B.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Elman posted:

Earthshatter happened first. I would aim a little at the ground so the shield starts blocking soon and you get mor coverage. It only breaks when the center hits something.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

when the earthshatter starts doesn't matter; so long as you pop a shield in front of you before the hammer hits the ground, you're safe

unless it's a symmetra shield apparently

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I've blocked it with sym's shield. That looked low enough to the ground, too. Looked like it was just too late in the video. Probably close enough to lag through it.

Or maybe, could have been that it was past the spawn point on the tip of his hammer, looking at the frames?

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 1, 2017

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I was lucky to get nearly the exact stuff I wanted as drops, but getting Young Hanzo as a legendary hurts at any time.

Really Hanzo drops in general, like my first event drop was Hanzo's new emote, which is a neat emote except for the fact it's on Hanzo.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

when the earthshatter starts doesn't matter; so long as you pop a shield in front of you before the hammer hits the ground, you're safe

Thats what I meant by happened first.

phthalocyanine
May 19, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

It's also karma for you building that loving teleporter defending Hanamura B.

i have NEVER that is sLANDER

resistentialism posted:

I've blocked it with sym's shield. That looked low enough to the ground, too. Looked like it was just too late in the video. Probably close enough to lag through it.

Or maybe, could have been that it was past the spawn point on the tip of his hammer, looking at the frames?

woah, it can? holy poo poo
that seems really hard to pull off just by virtue of the fact that if i see a rein moving forward to shatter my instinct is to not be anywhere near him but i'll try to throw a shield down when i see it happening now, dang

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dyz posted:

Thats what I meant by happened first.

that's not what happened tho, the shield was out before the shatter connected

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
the event has officially ended

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Argh, I never got a legendary clear. I'm going to be annoyed forever now :mad:

I hope they make it possible to re-get old special achievements at some point.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 2, 2017

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I hope you didn't forget to buy the Reinhardt spray goons.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

kumba posted:

the event has officially ended
Ended when I was in the middle of the PVE, so I got a regular lootbox out of it instead of an Uprising one.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I'm still getting Uprising boxes, so do your arcade games

Just got the new legendary McCree so the event ended but lootboxes switch tomorrow

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Guess it wasn't suppose to end so fast, so the event got extended one more day.

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/859227571090739200

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Whew, thanks Blizz. Got in to buy the McCree skin since I didn't get it in loot boxes.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I'm so glad I happened to random that last night. Also bought the Winston peanut butter pose I completely forgot about. tanks blizzrad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

turtlecrunch posted:

I hope you didn't forget to buy the Reinhardt spray goons.

I had a shopping spree yesterday consisting of soldier push-ups and about 700 worth of sprays and voice lines. Now I can spam stuff like "looks like it's amateur hour" or "are you daft" when waiting for gates to open, or remind people of past family matters of Widow and Ana (not exactly sure why).