Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Father Wendigo posted:

I am really loving pissed that there's a hot GILF at the slog trying to get into your pants and you're literally given four options that are all 'Wife died, I have no penis now. :('

Don't mean to kink shame, but the Slog is full of ghouls...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Welp, I've lost Piper. I dismissed her as my companion to go on the Memory Den mission with Nick Valentine, and she said she'd be at Publick Occurences. She's not there or anywhere I've looked which sucks because she was carrying some great weapons. Anything I can do? I'm playing on the PS4 btw

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I think there's an item spawn bug that makes 4 power cores instead of 4 power cells show up in ammo boxes. I have found these 4 power cores several times now. Anyone else?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Caper posted:

Welp, I've lost Piper. I dismissed her as my companion to go on the Memory Den mission with Nick Valentine, and she said she'd be at Publick Occurences. She's not there or anywhere I've looked which sucks because she was carrying some great weapons. Anything I can do? I'm playing on the PS4 btw

Same thing happened to my piper when i told her to go to sanctuary. And she had a whole T-60!

AgentJR
Jun 5, 2011

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Zephyrine posted:

I think there's an item spawn bug that makes 4 power cores instead of 4 power cells show up in ammo boxes. I have found these 4 power cores several times now. Anyone else?

Now that you mention it, yes, it seems like any time I find power cores in ammo boxes they are in groups of 4. As I am now sitting on about 111 power cores I'm perfectly fine with this bug.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

I checked, that's not a bug. Fusion cores really are meant to spawn in lots in those boxes. There's an additional fusion cell drop chance with a typical (12) amount of random fusion cells.

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Dec 20, 2015

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just realized why grape mentats lower things more than the + and - 10%. It's not listed unless you look at your stats but it gives +5 to charisma too!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

This particular entry is called several times in rare loot chests, so it's not uncommon to get a ton of fusion cores.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I checked, that's not a bug. Fusion cores really are meant to spawn in lots of up to 9(!!!) in those boxes. There's an additional fusion cell drop chance with a typical (12) amount of random fusion cells.

That seems really off balance considering that fusion cores found normally in machine don't even respawn at all. Not even when the whole area has reset with new enemies,

It's like 1400 caps worth of loot in a single random ammo storage box. It has no equal in random loot value.

Edit: a single 50-75% fusion core would have been more balanced with the other loot.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 20, 2015

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

moot the hopple posted:

Anyone know where the "extra guess attempt for hacking" ability is found? Got it last playthrough but can't remember where it's from. I think it might have come from a magazine?

This might have e already been answered but I think it might be available through a magazine. However, it is also valentine's loyalty perk.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Same thing happened to my piper when i told her to go to sanctuary. And she had a whole T-60!

Lame! I didn't actually tell her to go anywhere. I've been reading that people who did eventually find her at Sanctuary like on a roof somewhere, but I'm afraid I've lost her forever :( If anyone knows how I can get her back it would be much appreciated. She was my best companion

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Caper posted:

Lame! I didn't actually tell her to go anywhere. I've been reading that people who did eventually find her at Sanctuary like on a roof somewhere, but I'm afraid I've lost her forever :( If anyone knows how I can get her back it would be much appreciated. She was my best companion

How much time have passed since you dismissed her? You outrun moving npcs when you fast travel, so try to wait around for a day if you haven't already.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

So. I saved this young girl from being tortured and killed by a mad scientist. I exit a sewer pipe. Swim across a lake and a guy in an Elvis costume charges me with a sword.

I shot him down and the doors to the village burst open as me and Deacon are swarmed by a horde of very poorly armed civilians and settlers. We massacre them all and then proceed to rob the now dead village of things that all count as stealing.

This was somehow the "good" path. What on earth is the "evil" path like? :psyduck:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

So. I saved this young girl from being tortured and killed by a mad scientist. I exit a sewer pipe. Swim across a lake and a guy in an Elvis costume charges me with a sword.

I shot him down and the doors to the village burst open as me and Deacon are swarmed by a horde of very poorly armed civilians and settlers. We massacre them all and then proceed to rob the now dead village of things that all count as stealing.

This was somehow the "good" path. What on earth is the "evil" path like? :psyduck:

You had the option of not killing the scientist and releasing the girl. But if you were to show up at the settlement first, you would have gotten the full story.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Nitrox posted:

You had the option of not killing the scientist and releasing the girl. But if you were to show up at the settlement first, you would have gotten the full story.

But she was soooooo evil. And twice as crazy as she was evil.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Karma doesn't exist in this game, but it just so happens that every companion loves it when you massacre that place.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

But she was soooooo evil. And twice as crazy as she was evil.

She was right that the girl is a synth but since she's the "daughter" of a railroad member she may be adopted or a RR member herself. Or an Institute infiltrator.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Lima posted:

How much time have passed since you dismissed her? You outrun moving npcs when you fast travel, so try to wait around for a day if you haven't already.

Several days at least. She said she was going back to her office and I've been bouncing around doing missions with Cait and now Preston. I've been to Publick Occurences, Sanctuary, and all around Diamond City, no idea where Piper would be.

slowm
Sep 5, 2013

live slow, die whenevs
player.placeatme 00002f1f 1

try that

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

slowm posted:

player.placeatme 00002f1f 1

try that
that'll just make a really bugged copy, the correct command is prid

prid 2f1f
moveto player

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm on PS4 :(

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Where exactly is the Chinese submarine? I'm eager to do that quest but I can't seem to find it no matter how long I blunder around the coast for.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Caper posted:

Several days at least. She said she was going back to her office and I've been bouncing around doing missions with Cait and now Preston. I've been to Publick Occurences, Sanctuary, and all around Diamond City, no idea where Piper would be.

Oh well. Her disapperance is listed as a bug on the wiki so I guess the only fix is to reload an earlier save :/

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

poptart_fairy posted:

Where exactly is the Chinese submarine? I'm eager to do that quest but I can't seem to find it no matter how long I blunder around the coast for.

You want to exit shamrock tap house to the dock and look around
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Here_There_Be_Monsters

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

ulmont posted:

You want to exit shamrock tap house to the dock and look around
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Here_There_Be_Monsters

Oh christ I've walked past that so many times. :v: Thanks.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Caper posted:

I'm on PS4 :(

she may be at Nick's office, she goes there after the memory den quest to meet with Nick

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

JawKnee posted:

she may be at Nick's office, she goes there after the memory den quest to meet with Nick

I've been there many times too, and the only person that shows up is his assistant. I think I've lost Nick too.

Is this missing Piper thing something Bethesda can fix in a future patch?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

There are a couple of events where Piper also appears outside McDonough's office to rant at him.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I've had Piper disappear pretty much under the same circumstances. I've advanced the plot and she reappeared again. Maybe that'll work for you

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ah. I shall try that. Thanks you guys

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Ingram is an amazing character. If you wander the Prydwen and start reading everyone's terminals you find out that she's been trying to force her way back onto the ground for combat missions but everyone keeps citing her lack of legs as a problem. She gets pissy throughout the BOS storyline because she's stuck doing stupid poo poo until the very last mission where you she gets to join you and boy is she happy to do so.

She's also one of the few characters where using all the sarcastic replies actually makes her like you more. Using the good responses makes her call you a brown noser, and rude replies just makes her roll her eyes at you.

I did a really bad thing to Ingram. When wiping out the BoS during Rockets Red Glare I managed to sneak around Ingram and had a clear shot at her PA's fusion core and took it. Luckily she seemed to have a backup core somewhere and kept fighting in her PA. I can only imagine the real life shitstorm that would have happened if Ingram exited the PA like normal when the fusion core is shot out.

Duncan Doenitz
Nov 17, 2010

There are four lights.
Has anyone had their power armor disappear completely with no explanation? I was aware of the ability of both enemies and friendlies to jack your power armor if you leave the fusion core installed, so I make sure to always remove it when I get out; however, the one time I forgot, I had gotten out of my (fully upgraded, jet packed) X-01 to sleep at Starlight Drive-In and when I woke up the next morning, it was gone. None of the settlers were walking around in it, it was just gone, and there was no icon on the map for where it went. I'll probably just end up using console commands to get the X-01 parts back again.

Duncan Doenitz fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 20, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Caper posted:

go check out the Diamond City mayor's office

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Duncan Doenitz posted:

Has anyone had their power armor disappear completely with no explanation? I was aware of the ability of both enemies and friendlies to jack your power armor if you leave the fusion core installed, so I make sure to always remove it when I get out; however, the one time I forgot, I had gotten out of my (fully upgraded, jet packed) X-01 to sleep at Starlight Drive-In and when I woke up the next morning, it was gone. None of the settlers were walking around in it, it was just gone, and there was no icon on the map for where it went. I'll probably just end up using console commands to get the X-01 parts back again.

The problem if a settler takes it is they wear it, run after whatever is hostile, then just jump back out of the armor wherever that happened to be. So some settler could have grabbed the armor and walked it off into the sunset

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Duncan Doenitz posted:

You mentioned console commands so I assume you are on PC. Can you go back to an older save file where you know where it is? You can go into the console and click on your power armor (I'm not entirely sure if you need to take the power armor bits off in order to just click on the frame). With it selected, you can load your latest save and either moveto player or player.moveto *the PA id*

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Karma doesn't exist in this game, but it just so happens that every companion loves it when you massacre that place.

I shot it up with MacReady, slapped down a couple of my own turrets, and then abandoned him there, to live out the rest of his NPC life in a city I would never otherwise have any reason to visit again. Little Lamplight 2.0.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

EricFate posted:

I shot it up with MacReady, slapped down a couple of my own turrets, and then abandoned him there, to live out the rest of his NPC life in a city I would never otherwise have any reason to visit again. Little Lamplight 2.0.
It's the only settlement that doesn't look like a poo poo pile and comes pre-furbished. Next play-though i'm going to massacre everyone on sight, just to get it asap

Duncan Doenitz
Nov 17, 2010

There are four lights.

Cojawfee posted:

You mentioned console commands so I assume you are on PC. Can you go back to an older save file where you know where it is? You can go into the console and click on your power armor (I'm not entirely sure if you need to take the power armor bits off in order to just click on the frame). With it selected, you can load your latest save and either moveto player or player.moveto *the PA id*

Thanks, I remember using that command to find NPCs in Skyrim. I ended up using additem to get all the parts/mods back, then happened upon one of the supply line provisioners wearing the original suit. I wish there was a "mean" dialog option for telling someone to get out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Ay yo I can't find my dog, left him waiting outside a fort and he wasn't there when I came out. Can companions die on the way to sanctuary?

also just figured out that the normal difficulty is too easy, bumped it to hard

• Locked thread