Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
recorded a test to see how my pc handles elden ring + recording
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ZU_nk2Iuw

not too bad, even if my graphics settings are set pretty low

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

when I was in elementary school I had one day a week where I went to advanced classes and missed whatever the regular kids were doing

this meant that anytime my advanced teacher had a sick day I had to attend a class that I'd never been to before and it was exactly like half the stress nightmares I still have to this day

the one that really sticks out in my memory was a music class where they'd all been learning the recorder for months and I was just supposed to join in on the song they were playing

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

oh I didn't even realize that was a snipe oh well

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Revins posted:

recorded a test to see how my pc handles elden ring + recording
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ZU_nk2Iuw

not too bad, even if my graphics settings are set pretty low

Does the frame rate go up some if you aren’t recording?

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Does the frame rate go up some if you aren’t recording?

no difference either way, I don't think recording is vpu intensive at all or so it seems

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Revins posted:

no difference either way, I don't think recording is vpu intensive at all or so it seems

yeah, I use OBS and I was surprised how little overhead it was

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

the recording is choppier than the game actually runs though, so its not recording well however

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Revins posted:

the recording is choppier than the game actually runs though, so its not recording well however

what software are you using? I tried a bunch when I was making trailers for my game and OBS was the best for me

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

obs

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Anyone else run into those giant sloths that are like the size of a medium house and you think they probably aren’t very quick I’ll just sneak on by, but actually they are much much faster than expected and you die?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Anyone else run into those giant sloths that are like the size of a medium house and you think they probably aren’t very quick I’ll just sneak on by, but actually they are much much faster than expected and you die?

yeah they're all over my neighborhood, can barely leave my house

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

nah, all we have around here are the tiny lions that whisper in your ear while you're sleeping and convince you to murder your family

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

not yet but have definitely encountered the terrorbears. most recently found some t-rex like giant mouse creature things that certainly hit hard

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

actually feeling a bit burned out on the elden ring tonight, should catch up on podcasts and maybe clean a little

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I made teriyaki marinaded chicken on a stick, stir fried green beans and portabella w/oyster sauce and garlic, and jasmine rice and I'm fukkin stuffed folks drat

e: well it was mostly teriyaki, it was also tamari, seasame oil, a little rice wine vinegar, sugar, msg, and some sambel olek. And I glazed them w/honey, tamari, and a little more rice wine half way through the broiling. The crisped up real good.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 7, 2022

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
thigh?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

drat right, cut into decent strips and threaded onto bamboo skewers

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

I made teriyaki marinaded chicken on a stick, stir fried green beans and portabella w/oyster sauce and garlic, and jasmine rice and I'm fukkin stuffed folks drat

e: well it was mostly teriyaki, it was also tamari, seasame oil, a little rice wine vinegar, sugar, msg, and some sambel olek. And I glazed them w/honey, tamari, and a little more rice wine half way through the broiling. The crisped up real good.

Wait, so you doctored a premade terriyaki instead of just making you own???

I don't even know you anymore and I want my walkman back.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
giant sloth thats the size of a medium horse tahts the size of a GIANT MANSION!!!! thats the size of a regular sloth

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Literally A Person posted:

Wait, so you doctored a premade terriyaki instead of just making you own???

I don't even know you anymore and I want my walkman back.

The 'teriyaki' I had was some shithouse 'teriyaki and marinade' crap it wasn't just decent teriyaki or it'd have been fine + a little twerking. So I used it as a base and then hosed around more than normal. Maybe you should learn to cook decently before your entire family leaves you in disgust you human garbage bag

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

AARD VARKMAN posted:

giant sloth thats the size of a medium horse tahts the size of a GIANT MANSION!!!! thats the size of a regular sloth

I've seen giant sloths and I've seen medium horses the size of mansions and they look way different.
Like, the horses look like horses and the sloths look like Tim Allen glued to a hammock with a giant erection in gym shorts but he's passed out from a beer buzz and no one at the party feels confident enough to wake him up and ask him to do something about it so everyone just pretends not to notice his big pointy hog over there in the hammock.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Big Beef City posted:

it wasn't just decent teriyaki or it'd have been fine + a little twerking.

twerking is the secret ingredient that takes any yaki to the next level

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt07KZmh0u0

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

So the power in my area just went out

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

The 'teriyaki' I had was some shithouse 'teriyaki and marinade' crap it wasn't just decent teriyaki or it'd have been fine + a little twerking. So I used it as a base and then hosed around more than normal. Maybe you should learn to cook decently before your entire family leaves you in disgust you human garbage bag

Bitch I cook like a loving culinary deity bitch

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
You offended me so much I used the word bitch on this website for the first time.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Not that I fact checked that statement.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

nah, all we have around here are the tiny lions that whisper in your ear while you're sleeping and convince you to murder your family

oh thank god i thought i was hearing and seeing things

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Revins posted:

So the power in my area just went out

That sucks, hope you have flashlights or candles handy.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

went out to find a place with power that could sell me ice cream. first gas station I thought to try nearby did have power, and then the power came back on for me right when I was driving back in my apt complex

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Zil posted:

That sucks, hope you have flashlights or candles handy.

lol I just went through the effort of getting the candles out and lighting them to say gently caress it, blow them out, and go find ice cream

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You offended me so much I used the word bitch on this website for the first time.

First time you've used it, not the first time you've acted like one

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

First time you've used it, not the first time you've acted like one

Are we doing this??

Right here???

Right now??????

*takes off rings*

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Go for the taint LAP!

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I made something called a Mediterranean Chicken and Rice Bake. Some recipe I found in a ring-binder full of recipes from teachers and school chefs.

Whole chicken cut in parts, fried on the outside first. Fry onions and peppers, add garlic. Throw in two handfuls of black olives and some shredded sun-dried tomatoes in oil. Throw the raw rice in and cook until translucent and covered in oil. Add a can of chopped tomatoes and a glass of white wine - also enough stock so the rice can absorb it. Submerge the chicken pieces and bake in the oven until done. Garnish with fresh basil.

Mozerella optional; take the pot out 10 mins before the cooking is done and add the slices on top.

I would have taken pictures but it was Sunday family dinner and mom is extra cranky today. Constantly snapping and arguing about what ingredients to use.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Zil posted:

Go for the taint LAP!

Ready to reap.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Are we doing this??

Right here???

Right now??????

*takes off rings*

Aw poo poo, dis gonna be good.

Someone remember to yell “World Star!” when it gets serious.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Revins posted:

lol I just went through the effort of getting the candles out and lighting them to say gently caress it, blow them out, and go find ice cream

the hammond strategy

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
got some black and milds and debating if i wanna annoy my neighbors tonight or tomorrow and i think ill prob wait til tomorrow cause most ppl are probably at home chilling on a sunday night right. plus its already 7pm and i like to be done by 8pm in case there are any neighbor kids trying to sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

its_my_birthday posted:

got some black and milds and debating if i wanna annoy my neighbors tonight or tomorrow and i think ill prob wait til tomorrow cause most ppl are probably at home chilling on a sunday night right. plus its already 7pm and i like to be done by 8pm in case there are any neighbor kids trying to sleep

I say go for it, it's only your birthday once a year