Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

They could do it just for their first appearance each season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Buying a dinner with GRRM seems pretty easy...

Like, just walk up to him with a pack of Greggs Sausage Rolls and he's probably going to appreciate you for the rest of his life

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Q: Do you have an end game for the Dead in Mind?

RK: For the books? I do....You'll eventually be able to see that it all kind of comes together.

Q: There's still plenty of story for the TV series to get to; you could tell the writers where you're going, and...

RK: I would never do that. That's one thing I'm disappointed in GRRM for doing. He should have just been like, 'gently caress you. You make it up now, I'll get to mine when I'm ready.'

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
gently caress you you make it up now

Fuckyouyoumakeituonow

Fkoumakinw

Koumkrn

KORL!!!!
KORL!!!!!!!
KOrl!!!!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Rob?

Yer alright in my book. And in my book people don't die horribly all the time.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
He can do that because he's not old, grossly fat, and doing a complex series in a made up world. I doubt HBO would have green lit this without being able to offer some certainty to existing fans. They didn't know it would succeed enough to allow such vapid poo poo to be passed off.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

less laughter posted:

Sansa chastising Littlefinger about Ramsay was the most amateurishly written scene in the show's history, but Sophie Turner's acting was great in spite of it (such a trooper) so it's pretty much a wash. The episode's ending was as ridiculous as it was epic, time traveling mind control is always a great plot device in genre fiction and Bran Stark is the Antichrist. All in all very much worth the twenty-year wait since Hodor was first introduced on the page.

Haven't caught the latest ep, but she's really been great. Dopey Mcopenmouth is predictably dull as ever, but she's really elevated their scenes.

And I liked the image of the zombies rushing through the cave tunnel like poop up a badly taken care of toilet.

These are my thoughts of the show. Held off until I got five eps, then blazed (heh) through them over two nights. Pretty enjoyable that way.

gently caress the books.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

The Ninth Layer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5pJkldtAh0

Preston Jacobs meets his hero, learns that Martin probably hasn't been seeding in subplots from stories he wrote 40 years ago.

Please. GRRM was just being coy.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm only haflway through Volume 3, so maybe somebody figures it out later, but it's really good luck for the Night Watch that none of the deserters ever realize they can wear different clothes

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

How fast do you read bro?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Possibly Chicken posted:

How fast do you read bro?

normal reading speed?

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

The books are pretty easy and quick to get through. I read them in about six weeks.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I will say, these are by far the best books I've ever read that include an ad for a board game version on the last page

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

boom boom boom posted:

I will say, these are by far the best books I've ever read that include an ad for a board game version on the last page

... and then you get to A feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Anders posted:

... and then you get to A feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons

As soon as I posted that I realized that there's a couple Warhammer 40,000 books that give these things a run for their money

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

boom boom boom posted:

As soon as I posted that I realized that there's a couple Warhammer 40,000 books that give these things a run for their money

Kylaer wrote a 40K crossover while waiting for A Dance With Dragons that is way better than any other conclusion to the story.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Doesn't it have Inquisitor Sansa and Arya the Calixus assassin?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

I'm only haflway through Volume 3, so maybe somebody figures it out later, but it's really good luck for the Night Watch that none of the deserters ever realize they can wear different clothes

1) they broke af
2) I'm pretty sure there aren't any commercial tailors out there, because if there were we'd know about the typical stall, the history of the trade, and the basics of spinning thread by this point

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
where do tailors go

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
they are basically an order of monks that have no money or clothes and in deserting, they are running away from the most remote part of the continent. I'm pretty sure there aren't any H&M's around.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
The remote and coldest. Their options are to wear a big gently caress ME sign or freeze to death.

And I think we all know what those gay horny knights would pick

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I really want to see a Mel Brooks GoT parody now

I have brought you 8--oy...7! Seven gods!

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

visceril posted:

I really want to see a Mel Brooks GoT parody now

I have brought you 8--oy...7! Seven gods!

Varys: Well, Tyrion, since you are my guest and I am your host, what's your pleasure? What do you like to do?

Tyrion: Oh, I don't know. Play chess... screw...

Varys: [quickly] Well, let's play chess.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Doesn't it have Inquisitor Sansa and Arya the Calixus assassin?

It's only in the epilogue that Sansa's actually an inquisitor.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Anders posted:

Kylaer wrote a 40K crossover while waiting for A Dance With Dragons that is way better than any other conclusion to the story.

There a way to dl that any where?

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
Right here.

I always enjoy hearing any feedback you may have, even though this was written years ago.

Edit: As a bit of an explanation, this all started out as a joke, and over the course of a year or so it grew to its final form, posted piece by piece in a previous edition of The Bad Thread. There was never an outline from the start or anything like that, and a lot of it was written based on audience requests, so the story kind of wanders.

Kylaer fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 3, 2016

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Kylaer posted:

Right here.

I always enjoy hearing any feedback you may have, even though this was written years ago.

Edit: As a bit of an explanation, this all started out as a joke, and over the course of a year or so it grew to its final form, posted piece by piece in a previous edition of The Bad Thread. There was never an outline from the start or anything like that, and a lot of it was written based on audience requests, so the story kind of wanders.

Clean it up, change all the copyrighted names, and release it as a stand-alone book. The fifty Shades of Grey writing style

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
T B Thread's long-awaited follow up release to the hit story "A Game of Bones".

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Blind Sally posted:

Includes bonus Clegane PI pilot episode.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Blind Sally posted:

Did the authors ever receive their cut of the $47 that book probably made?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
All proceeds went to needy strippers and whatshisname's drug addiction.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I never saw a dime. I had to join the military just to make ends meet.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
speaking of which - if anyone wants access to the game of bones facebook page... to moderate it or troll or whatever - contact me through the FB page. oddly enough it gets a few likes every now and then.

https://www.facebook.com/gameofbones

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

TequilaJesus posted:

Did the authors ever receive their cut of the $47 that book probably made?

Not a one. Ten internet dollars I'm still waiting on.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
ahahahahaha a talking door.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Please god, let this wandering Arya nonsense be over with by the end of this book

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I don't think I can stand to read the word "doublet" anymore

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

boom boom boom posted:

Please god, let this wandering Arya nonsense be over with by the end of this book

Don't worry, once you're through ASoS, you're all done with wandering.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Well I mean you kinda get your wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

GRRM's writing is like neeps on a doublet in a trencher of black bread