Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that's literally the actual problem with orange cassidy matches is the commentators have a mandate to scream HE'S DOING MIND GAMES and HE'S TOYING WITH HIM at least three times a match to pander to these dipshits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
How in 3 years do people still not get that the shin kicks have literally always been a taunt and not an actual offensive move that people are hurt by?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Drakkel posted:

How in 3 years do people still not get that the shin kicks have literally always been a taunt and not an actual offensive move that people are hurt by?

Remember which thread you're in and the answer will come to you

bartok
May 10, 2006

Drakkel posted:

it would be pretty funny if an opponent sold them like death

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sting no sold them. His legs must be like iron, even at his age. :colbert:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

bartok posted:

I always fall apart giggling when someone does sell it but just as half heartedly

It doesn’t happen every time, but when it does, it is my favorite loving spot

Really, the whole match with sting and OC was delightful

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
lol that guy wants every pro wrestler to be exactly the same

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Elephant Ambush posted:

lol that guy wants every pro wrestler to be exactly the same

Charlie on Ethan Page’s v-log is a huge fan of Blonde Wrestler, the generic 80s chubby dadbod wrestler that there were endless versions of, with the highest profile one being Greg “The Hammer” Valentine

That guy wants every wrester to be Blonde Wrestler

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/rocky984243/status/1590024209841139717

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't think anyone who saw Brock Lesnar on their TV had the thought of "this guy isn't ready". He loving ruled from the word go.

Orton could probably be argued, as he was extremely bland at the start until he got injured and started doing the RNN updates on his recovery progress.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don't think anyone who saw Brock Lesnar on their TV had the thought of "this guy isn't ready". He loving ruled from the word go.

Orton could probably be argued, as he was extremely bland at the start until he got injured and started doing the RNN updates on his recovery progress.

I remember when Brock was doing dark matches at house shows before his debut and the tone of the recaps were like "this guy is huge and scary and looks like Scott Steiner combined with Steve Austin and will be a star".

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

bartok posted:

This is why Tony needs to pay Stalker Ichikawa to come over to the states for a dream match.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

This is why Tony needs to pay Stalker Ichikawa to come over to the states for a dream match.

handicap match, Stalker Ichikawa and Brandon Cutler vs Orange Cassidy

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I caught the tail end of the YouTube première of the preview for the upcoming Dynamite, and noticed a familiar name in the chat when I scrolled down for another video to watch:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Skios posted:

I caught the tail end of the YouTube première of the preview for the upcoming Dynamite, and noticed a familiar name in the chat when I scrolled down for another video to watch:

The very definition of a sad strange little man.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

what a dork

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I can't figure out how to make that a thread title, but know that I want to.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

karmicknight posted:

I can't figure out how to make that a thread title, but know that I want to.

Gonna have to rename a lot of threads

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Takes like that always baffle me because to me Cassidy is pretty recognizable archetype of athletes who exist. Every sport has it's famous players who were incredible at it while also being goofs and incredibly lazy.

Orange Cassidy should get a huge beer gut and a bowl haircut like John Daly

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There is someone posing as WWEGareth spamming the Dark chat every week it's almost certainly not him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah there's always a Gareth in the chat on Dynamite/Rampage on FITE too, when I have the misfortune of not turning that off right away.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

bartok posted:

I loved when Mark Sterling took a kick, waited a beat, and then dropped to the ground screaming and clutching his leg. I was really hoping that he'd sue, but it just ended up being a distraction.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's been brought up a couple times to the actual Gareth and he always gets super huffy and defensive like he doesn't spend all day on twitter basically doing that anyway, which is still pretty funny.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MassRafTer posted:

There is someone posing as WWEGareth spamming the Dark chat every week it's almost certainly not him.

That's even sadder.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Skios posted:

Christ, I don't get to spend this much time on things I actually enjoy.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

bartok posted:

That was (sometimes) how it worked on the indies. His opponent and the fans would react like they were the stiffest strikes ever performed in a wrestling ring. I think the only time they were treated like that in AEW was a very early battle royale, where Jungle Boy was wincing in sympathy and covering his eyes as Tommy Dreamer got his shins destroyed.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah there's always a Gareth in the chat on Dynamite/Rampage on FITE too, when I have the misfortune of not turning that off right away.

The most satisfying moment of my week every week is immediately closing that chat

Holy poo poo is that chat a nightmare

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Imagine paying for Fite TV just so you can whine on a product you don't like. Genuinely such a sad use of time and money.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Imagine paying for Fite TV just so you can whine on a product you don't like. Genuinely such a sad use of time and money.

Same even for free stuff like a youtube or twitch stream. I'll never get that.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

They don’t see it as whining, they see it as owning the libsaewailures, and trolling us is a divine journey they are on

I think i heard somewhere once that the internet makes you stupid

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
As a poster in a thread for bad opinions, i can understand the impulse.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The very definition of a sad strange little man.
"Gareth is smart and handsome and cool and I, Smoke, am definitely a completely different person from Gareth why would you even think that haha"

Dimebags Brain posted:

How is your first instinct not to book Ichikawa vs Danhausen

Battle of the Gremlins

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
It occurs to me that the internet is still full of Zanes

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/duckduckwhisky/status/1590541948615475200

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ugh, can't believe they had a heel get heat by blatantly cheating against a face. So pointless!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/milksnakeMike/status/1590512086740004866?t=Qu3uJ9xEBLcBv2GPSxzL4A&s=19

Lmao at his profile too

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Sean Carlucci should manage and ghostwrite for Max Caster

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Lamuella posted:

Ugh, can't believe they had a heel get heat by blatantly cheating against a face. So pointless!

Why would they build the heat on the babyface so he can make a big comeback?? Why would they do that????

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

When you think about it aren't all matches repeats? What's the point of any of them. What's the point of anything for that matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

It don't matter

none 'a this matters