Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
So this person hates wrestlers who do flips but also wrestlers who do chops, what do they want? Are they a fan of restholds and nothing else???

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Drakkel posted:

So this person hates wrestlers who do flips but also wrestlers who do chops, what do they want? Are they a fan of restholds and nothing else???

promos

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony would legitimately need 20 hours of TV and 30 belts to keep all these people happy

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

your friend wicka posted:

Tony would legitimately need 20 hours of TV and 30 belts to keep all these people happy

So you're saying he'd need 20 hours of TV

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lamuella posted:

So you're saying he'd need 20 hours of TV

Thank you, I was really hoping someone would follow through

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Give me one good reason Danielson, Omega, Moxley, Hangman, MJF, Kingston, Malachai, Pac, Sonny Kiss, Billy Martin, Swerve, Tall Paul, Miro, Penta, Joe, and Starks can't all be undefeated champions that main event in competitive matches versus other top stars on TV every week?!? Tony is dropping the ball here...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I'm chopping myself to own the libs

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Drakkel posted:

They don’t like the wrestling part of wrestling, they like promos and catchphrases and backstage segments full of wacky antics and kerazzy characters.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

History Comes Inside! posted:

They don’t like the wrestling part of wrestling, they like promos and catchphrases and backstage segments full of wacky antics and kerazzy characters.

But also they want down to earth believable characters who really make it look like they're in a fight (no blood though)

The same poster when Danielson is winning: "Why are they burying all of the young talent to put over a guy past his prime? Danielson is still amazing, but Tony is ruining the careers of the future of wrestling by having the Garcias, Yutas, and Guevaras take losses or not win cleanly!"

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 12, 2022

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

So, New Japan?
Does this mean Wardlow's going to kick Danielson's brain out and retire him? :ohdear:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I had a very confusing conversation with a WWE fan once that ended when I finally realized that to them, "better storytelling" meant "enough replays, recaps, and promo packages that I don't actually have to watch the show to follow what's happening."

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
They like wrestlers who make it look real, and come across as legitimate tough guys. Which is why they really want them to grab their faces/bodies and go "owie!!!" after every blow, for extended periods. Every single blow, no exceptions. Like in MMA/Boxing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bonk posted:

So, New Japan?

Funnily enough if we ignore women's belts and ROH New Japan only has 3 more belts than AEW right now, the new TV titles and the JR single/tag title. Now if we include ROH than whelp AEW/ROH has way more

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I had a very confusing conversation with a WWE fan once that ended when I finally realized that to them, "better storytelling" meant "enough replays, recaps, and promo packages that I don't actually have to watch the show to follow what's happening."

Reminder that their only concept of in-ring storytelling is "work the leg" so everything else has to be done through recaps, video packages, and backstage segments where people talk like an AI scripted youtube video and then stare into the camera awkwardly for 30 seconds after finishing their lines

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

similar vibes

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shawn Michaels never did except when he did???

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

this kid is nuts posted:

They like wrestlers who make it look real, and come across as legitimate tough guys. Which is why they really want them to grab their faces/bodies and go "owie!!!" after every blow, for extended periods. Every single blow, no exceptions. Like in MMA/Boxing

Also no blood because it should only be saved for special moments. Just like MMA and Boxing which famously never have blood.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

And when there is blood, make sure to show the highlights in black and white. No one will notice!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’m just glad HHHism has ended the “too many stables” meme

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I’m just glad HHHism has ended the “too many stables” meme

If only it'd end the "Can only get pops with weekly surprise debuts" meme

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Reminder that their only concept of in-ring storytelling is "work the leg" so everything else has to be done through recaps, video packages, and backstage segments where people talk like an AI scripted youtube video and then stare into the camera awkwardly for 30 seconds after finishing their lines

Online wrestling discourse is 1000% more comprehensible if you mentally substitute "overt narration" for "storytelling"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
this one does not get enough oxygen

https://twitter.com/ParagonDeusRex/status/1591557308836085761

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Anyone who still calls women wrestlers "Divas" in 2022 is a red flag right off the bat

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That's a heck of a compression to put Stacy Keibler, Melina and AJ in the same timeframe.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the combination anti-SJW dragonball videogame youtuber. new kind of guys being discovered every day

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

the combination anti-SJW dragonball videogame youtuber. new kind of guys being discovered every day

Who also rants about black people in marvel movies and posts roman reigns gifs constantly, it's like every single Guy on twitter rolled into one account

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

No Sammy's been in AEW for years

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

He's the SSJ4 form of "pissed at experiencing linear time" guy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
twitter decided I need to see AJ Lee content and its a bunch of grown rear end dudes calling her mommy. Yeah IDK about these folks

One thing I wished WWE cracked down on is people having parasocial relationships with their wrestlers. poo poo's unhealthy.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

I think they're all involved in Sexual harassment lawsuits with the former CEO.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Why did we stop at the first 5

https://twitter.com/VincentAvenue/status/1591428894518874113?t=6TA6YFRKtytblcFjvazHHQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/VincentAvenue/status/1591428897643577344?t=0l47BKIomzolebMPyczVEQ&s=19

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
AEW wrestling is at the same time too athletic and not athletic enough.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

And also, you should win things by watching

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

And also, you should win things by watching

ON PARTNERSHIP WITH DRAFTKINGS

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I agree with number eleven on his list.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Vandar posted:

I agree with number eleven on his list.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

https://twitter.com/RyanWardOH/status/1590767529076879360

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
"Wrestlers sticking their tongue out" is Walter erasure and I won't stand for it. Who would win 'Best Blehh Guy'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It’s funny the fact that he can post an emoji of an orange and a guy in sunglasses and people know exactly who that is actually proves how effective a character he is.