Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Hermsgervørden posted:

Why would anyone want that?

Or to make it easier to ship to amazon to put on their marketplace account at a 300% markup due to it being "prerelease". I do wonder if those sellers are ever successful, but I suppose if Amazon is handling pretty much everything, you don't need too much success for it to be profitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Supposedly the first CMF series of 2020 will be another licensed one, this time DC Comics.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Managed to snag the little Creator camper van for $15. :toot:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Supposedly the first CMF series of 2020 will be another licensed one, this time DC Comics.

Ohh. Mildly interested although they’ve done a pretty extensive amount of Batman characters already.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Dogen posted:

Ohh. Mildly interested although they’ve done a pretty extensive amount of Batman characters already.

There was a Cyborg Superman that leaked a while back, he might be part of the series. My guess is they’ll stick with only one or two Batmen since TLBM has its own series. I don’t think they’ve done a Batman Beyond figure yet, and the only Bizarros they’ve done were an SDCC exclusive and a Mighty Micros stylized one.

Not sure what else they’d do since the DC Super Heroes line has been pretty thorough.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Batman Forever version of the Riddler!

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
So this isn't a Lego-centric thing, but it's Lego adjacent: my company's latest iteration of our satellite propulsion system, with Y-Wing pilot for scale (by Twitter request):

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Big Mean Jerk posted:

There's no way they'd do Booster Gold but man, here's hoping.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cloks posted:

There's no way they'd do Booster Gold but man, here's hoping.

Blue Beetle. Guy Gardner...

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
There’s already a Blue Beetle fig

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Dogen posted:

There’s already a Blue Beetle fig

That’s the Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle. They haven’t done the Ted Kord Blue Beetle, he’s the one usually paired up with Booster.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just had a $30 bricklink order arrive and the package weighs 4 ounces, with the packaging :razz:

Don't get too hung up on covering up exposed studs or you'll be paying $100 per lb for lego, people. Also if you mostly go for cool little detail parts in light gray, god help you.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Big K of Justice posted:

The best luck for stock at clearance walmarts is older-non super store locations with less traffic or ones away from suburbs in smaller towns.

This was a good tip. The Walmart app lets you check in store prices and check the nearby stores. Noticed they dropped a pirate coaster from 54 to 35 so I went and checked it out and managed to nab the last one. They had a pop up party bus for like 30 and a bunch of the LM2 sets for like 66% off. Wish I’d waited longer on the party bus. They had a ton of stuff left too, just gotta drive out to the boonies. Wasn’t even a long distance just slow roads.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Huh.

Didnt think they'd make a lego Sun Wukong but here we are.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Everybody wants that sweet sweet Chinese money. At least Lego won't have to censor anything in their sets to be able to sell over there.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hopper posted:

Everybody wants that sweet sweet Chinese money. At least Lego won't have to censor anything in their sets to be able to sell over there.

They just can't ever sell a Winnie the Pooh-themed set. Ever.

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

heh.

A city square might also be frowned upon.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
If any Norwegians are reading this thread, I'm selling my Unimog, Volvo L350F and 911 GT3 RS.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Oh I forgot about that. And maybe no Ninjago either cause Japan the old enemy, see Top Gun. But Ninjago has no Nippon flags I guess.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's tons of Chinese webtoons with ninjas and samurai type poo poo in them, ninjago is not a problem at all

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Went to Walmart, saw a few pretty good deals. The Heartlake City Resort and the Pet Spa were both 50% off, as were the big Arctic Expedition set with the mammoth and the one with the polar bear. A few other smaller miscellaneous sets were 20-50% off, too. I talked myself out of getting anything but one item, because I need to stop buying sets for bulk parts. I have like 9 of those big black & yellow costco tubs full of unsorted bulk parts.
I did get the App-Controlled Batmobile since it was also just $50, and it has a bluetooth battery brick and two medium motors. Lego sells the bluetooth battery brick for $50 on its own.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
If you are Walmart Clearance hunting, download the Walmart app and use the price bar code scanner feature to confirm or check to see if something is actually on clearance or if the right price is listed.

I went to a few Walmarts tonight and found out a few locations were lazy about labeling the clearance items. I got a few of the Police Mountain Headquarters for $35.00, more 3 in 1 skater shops for $17, the Hospital for $47-50, and the Tundra Expedition set for $57.

Saw a shitload of Porgs for $30 each, kinda tempted to get a bunch, not to flip but just for all the small white/orange pieces. Saw a few sand crawlers at the 50-60 range, the big Jurrasic World Set with the mansion for $67, Queen Whatevahs Palace at $49.

Walmart.com doesn't seem to show the true clearance prices on store locations [It's showing sets at full retail even though they are actually 50% off] and brick seek is hit or miss, sometimes correct sometimes not :/. Oddly enough I went to one walmart one county over and they had a few sets I wanted in stock but that particular store is still asking full price which is odd.

That arctic expedition set is going to be cool, I love the orange pieces, I may flip the mammoth to help pay for it, but I think I'm going to pass on the build and make a big arctic 10x10 Missle Erector Launcher.. I got a bunch of used 8 stud wide cylinder quarters in white and grey that I can use for the launch tube assembly...

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jul 27, 2019

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
drat we never get deals like that in Germany...

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
Nope, Legos on sale is not a thing in Europe it seems.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Big K of Justice posted:

Walmart.com doesn't seem to show the true clearance prices on store locations [It's showing sets at full retail even though they are actually 50% off] and brick seek is hit or miss, sometimes correct sometimes not :/. Oddly enough I went to one walmart one county over and they had a few sets I wanted in stock but that particular store is still asking full price which is odd.

The one by me is like this but they will match the online prices.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
This LEGO store put out a table of retiring sets, including Assembly Square. I wouldn’t have thought AS would be going so quick?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hasn't been around about 3 years?

Then again I guess the parisian restaurant actually predates me getting back into Lego and that's still around.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Today’s my BDay. Dragged my fam out to go get the Harley FatBoy.

Treat Yo’self!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

veni veni veni posted:

Hasn't been around about 3 years?

Then again I guess the parisian restaurant actually predates me getting back into Lego and that's still around.

Parisian Restaurant is really popular though and looks very inviting. Assembly Square is a great set but its price point and relative lack of distinctive style makes it a slower seller I assume.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, I thought Parisian Restaurant and Ninjago City would be retired at the end of the year.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, I thought Parisian Restaurant and Ninjago City would be retired at the end of the year.

Parisian Restaurant was supposed to be retired last year but they took out Brick Bank instead right before I had the funds set aside to get it.

I finished Assembly Square last Tuesday.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

I bet Ninjago City will be around until they officially decide not to add to it anymore. I'm kind of wondering if there will be a second expansion at this point though.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I really want ninjago city but I can't justify paying that much for Lego. Especially since I don't have display space for it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hopper posted:

I really want ninjago city but I can't justify paying that much for Lego. Especially since I don't have display space for it.

I understand where you are coming from. But I feel you are confused about something. Unfortunately, the only way to clear away the confusion is to clear away a foot square space and then put the NC in that space. It's actually a good buy at price per piece. Just don't buy any other Lego for a while. Or sell a kidney.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

I woke up this morning and wondered if I should check out a few more Walmarts...

:shepspends:

Apparently, the Batman app based power batmobile was sold out at all the walmarts and those were on clearance too. Found 2 today, one at $72 which I passed on and another one at .. $48, so I picked that one up.

I pumped the brakes on the lego buying for now, I found one store that had about 10 more creator sets at 70% off and 13 of the pirate roller costers @ $35 each.

So yeah I guess my lego city is going to get a pimped out hospital, man there's a lot of minifigs in those hospital sets, I'll probably flip the extras minifigs as hospital staff sets to help offset all this buying madness. I'll probably break out the mammoths with the little ice cave build into separate lots and sell those for a reasonable price...

I'll do another last-minute check at the end of the month, see if things get discounted further or not. I'm guessing Walmart is stocking all the new sets on the wee hours of August First and they'll move the last of the clearance sets to the clearance isle maybe?

How does the Lego Store deal with retired sets? I've seen sets on sales there but its.. very mild discounts...

/edit

I got ripped off on the Batman Power/Bluetooth batmobile set.... , it was a retape, someone returned it as "sealed" and I didn't notice until I opened it and it was missing the batman and the bluetooth hub and two motors. Returned it and the Walmart lady went all "Oh Hell No" as soon as I said yeah there's parts missing including the batman and.... and that was all I needed to say. They didn't have any replacement stock but we talked lego for a bit since she builds the sets with her son.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jul 28, 2019

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
drat. How do you find a store w/ 13 of a set? My stores all had one or two. Gone immediately.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

drat. How do you find a store w/ 13 of a set? My stores all had one or two. Gone immediately.

It's apparently the only one in Austin that has the discount, all the other Walmarts are still asking full retail. I wonder what's going to happen on Aug 1st when all the new sets roll in.. they just clearance them all then?

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jul 28, 2019

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Not disappointed in Lunar Lander but I’d probably classify it as. “Fun-derwhelming”.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Feenix posted:

Not disappointed in Lunar Lander but I’d probably classify it as. “Fun-derwhelming”.

The build kinda sucks. Very repetitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I just built it with my dad(we managed to independently buy it for each other for our birthdays, hah) and I built almost the entire lander in the time it took him to make the baseplate. I can understand complaints about it, but it's also really nice looking once it's finished. I'm not a sticker person either but the ones in this set are pretty nice.