Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

railroad terror posted:

And when they DO try to make salient points......

"Please proceed, Governor"

A recap for those who've forgotten, or those who didn't follow 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
PPP polled republicans about one-on-one matchups with Trump and the other GOP candidates

Trump: 59
Bush: 34

Trump: 53
Walker: 39

Trump: 50
Rubio: 42

Trump: 48
Fiorina: 41

Trump: 43
Carson: 49

Keep attacking Trump, Jeb, you're doing great!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
“‘We sent out I-don’t-know-how-many invitations for breakfast, a thousand or something, and we got 2,500 responses,’” Mr. Sanders said, according to Mr. Sugarman.

“What are you serving for breakfast?” Mr. Sugarman asked.

“Phil!” Mr. Sanders called over to his longtime field director, Phil Fiermonte, “What are we serving for breakfast?”

“‘Bernard, why don’t you try herring,” Mr. Sugarman suggested. “A lot of these people are Scandinavian.”

Mr. Sanders, apparently confident they weren’t there for the spread, responded, “Maybe bagels.”

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

ixnay posted:

PPP polled republicans about one-on-one matchups with Trump and the other GOP candidates

Trump: 59
Bush: 34

Trump: 53
Walker: 39

Trump: 50
Rubio: 42

Trump: 48
Fiorina: 41

Trump: 43
Carson: 49

Keep attacking Trump, Jeb, you're doing great!

As suspected, the best way to knock Trump out is to rally behind one candidate instead of spreading the establishment super thin

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
The sense I am getting from Freep/Talk radio is that FOX/the GOP are trying to set up Carson to be the anti-establishment NOT TRUMP in an attempt to take votes away from The Donald. But... It's not really working out, and instead of splitting the Trump vote, Carson seems to be taking support from the establishment, most notably Walker.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Montasque posted:

The sense I am getting from Freep/Talk radio is that FOX/the GOP are trying to set up Carson to be the anti-establishment NOT TRUMP in an attempt to take votes away from The Donald. But... It's not really working out, and instead of splitting the Trump vote, Carson seems to be taking support from the establishment, most notably Walker.

I expect CNN to throw some "hardball" (god I hate that term) questions at Carson in the next debate, since the other candidates aren't likely to attack him.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Xenophon posted:

Trump continues to be at once dismissive and lay down sick burns over twitter as well

Everything is beautiful and nothing hurt.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

discoukulele posted:

I'm really curious why the "low energy" insult gets under his skin so much, especially in light of everything else Trump has thrown at him. I've seen him make references to it a couple times.

From my experience with WASPs, it's probably what his dad criticized him for.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Re: Hillary emails: It bothers me when people use "pls" instead of "please". If you can't be bothered to type out a word that's used to be courteous, maybe you shouldn't use it at all. It's a small gripe. The other thing I hate in emails from superiors is the unnecessary usage of ellipsis when a period would be just fine... There's really no need for the ambiguity...

Some people don't even know periods exist and just use ellipses instead, like Doobie of Doghouse fame. I honestly don't know how they made it through school.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

He blinks a lot.

Edit:

schwein11 posted:

God he blinks a lot.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Old people email like assholes.

And the more powerful/richer they are the worse it gets.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
That interview is terrible but the funniest part when Jeb! tries to frame Trump as acting like a Washington politician.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 22, 2016

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Montasque posted:

Freepers think this is real...

Lol.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Montasque posted:

Freepers think this is real...

Lol

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

LA RAZA OPERATIVE JEB BUSH

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

OneTwentySix posted:

The things that would cause Bernie to win the nomination would be more than enough to give him a pretty easy win in the general; he'd be riding a populist wave and seeing massive voter turnout largely because he'd need those things to defeat Hillary in the first place.
Where can I find evidence of this populist wave outside of my BBC news feed?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
lol that new yorker article owns

On a couch across from the television, Tony Hovater, who used to be a drummer in a band and now works as a welder, said that, from what he has heard from Trump, he suspects that Trump shares his fears about immigration but can’t say so openly. Hovater told me, “I think he’s, like, dog-whistling,” adding, “He’s saying we should probably favor more European immigration, or maybe more of just a meritocracy sort of system, but he’s not coming out and saying it, because people will literally stamp him: ‘Oh, you just hate Mexicans.’ ” Hovater hopes that Trump will find a way to be more forthright: “Why not just say it?”

apparently trump still isn't explicit enough for some people

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I just stand stop laughing. Trump.

Instagram video

he just fuckin' hates Bush

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Shakugan posted:

If Cruz could do what Trump does, he'd be doing what Trump does.

You're seriously overestimating the GOP base. Just look at what happened with Christie and Paul in the first debate. Christie is perceived to have "won" that exchange purely on the basis that he yelled the most. Making salient points or knowing how to structure an argument means nothing.
Hell I thought Christie won that exchange too, you could sorta tell he was legitimately pissed at Rand.

I disagree with Christie, but I can easily see why he came out on top of that exchange.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Xenophon posted:

Instagram video

Those slams are getting better and better.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

EDIT:

Xenophon posted:

Instagram video

Just saw this. Trump making GBS threads on the Bush's like this is so cathartic.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

baw posted:

lol that new yorker article owns

On a couch across from the television, Tony Hovater, who used to be a drummer in a band and now works as a welder, said that, from what he has heard from Trump, he suspects that Trump shares his fears about immigration but can’t say so openly. Hovater told me, “I think he’s, like, dog-whistling,” adding, “He’s saying we should probably favor more European immigration, or maybe more of just a meritocracy sort of system, but he’s not coming out and saying it, because people will literally stamp him: ‘Oh, you just hate Mexicans.’ ” Hovater hopes that Trump will find a way to be more forthright: “Why not just say it?”

apparently trump still isn't explicit enough for some people

I'm honestly struggling to think of how he can be more explicit without literally advocating murdering them.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

It's a secret message in morse code

Please god, I don't want to be president Someone... anyone... if you get this message, please help me -- I don't know what to do!

Except apparently he does

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I'm thinking if Jeb Bush gets nomination, Trump will definitely run third party

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 198 days!

Internet Webguy posted:

I'm honestly struggling to think of how he can be more explicit without literally advocating murdering them.

He doesn't want to murder them, but he has some very passionate supporters. Very passionate.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Grouchio posted:

Where can I find evidence of this populist wave outside of my BBC news feed?

I'm not saying it exists, I'm saying that he needs it to defeat Clinton.

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Internet Webguy posted:

Yes, that's what the guy is demanding Trump do: explicitly advocate the summary execution of those filthy brown skinned bastards at the border. I.e. murder them.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/01/us/politics/republicans-wary-of-donald-trumps-populist-tone-on-taxes.html

lol. Say that Megyn was perioding, that is cool. Say John McCain wasn't a war hero, who cares. Scream no more wetbacks and your polls go up, but don't you loving ever raise taxes on anyone!

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I'm thinking if Jeb Bush gets nomination, Trump will definitely run third party

At the very least. The one authentic goal that's discernible here is the personal enmity directed towards Bush. This was supposed to be Jeb!'s turn, his chance at the big chair. By being in the race Trump can tear that dream down, shred it, light it on fire and piss on the ashes. If he can't directly prevent the nom, he can poison the general election against him via vote splitting or tainting the GOP's image.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

This article was so loving disgusting

:qq: Those poor hedge fund managers. Won't someone think of them

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

OAquinas posted:

At the very least. The one authentic goal that's discernible here is the personal enmity directed towards Bush. This was supposed to be Jeb!'s turn, his chance at the big chair. By being in the race Trump can tear that dream down, shred it, light it on fire and piss on the ashes. If he can't directly prevent the nom, he can poison the general election against him via vote splitting or tainting the GOP's image.

If Trump actually runs third party then holy gently caress it would be hard not to vote for him in order to stick it to :foxnews: , the RNC establishment, the Koch brothers, etc. (the Democratic nominee will win the general anyway).

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
CNN changed the debate criteria to allow Carly to participate. There will be (at least!) 11 candidates on stage for the main event.

This also might have saved Rand and/or Christie.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Lots of goons bitter about their missing foreskin ITT :boom:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

This beats the car I saw in Texas that had a Bernie sticker and Backstreet Boys stickers.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I thought the joke was the JuiceLand sticker

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

The X-man cometh posted:

From my experience with WASPs, it's probably what his dad criticized him for.

"Why can't you be more like your brother, the cocaine addict?"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Is that a loving Zoroastrian bumpersticker?

• Locked thread