Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I just listened to 1998-03-31 with the Morrell Twins. I think this is where that laugh drop came from that Anderson plays any time someone mentions a small penis.

These girls were so obnoxious Adam gave up and started just asking to see their boobs every break, then at the very end one of the girls blurts out "Show me your cock" while Adam's trying to say his Mahalo.

It's funny to hear Adam sounding as jaded 2-3 years in as he was after the whole 10 year run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguarp
Jan 19, 2009
There's no way I'll ever find this clip again, but one girl calls in talking about how her boyfriend always claims he has to go home suddenly when they get halfway into fooling around. They finally figure out that the kid just cums in his pants while she's dry-humping him or whatever and then claims he has to go home. Adam does the greatest impression ever.

Can anyone help me?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
How do you guys play the Loveline stream? iTunes, WMP, VLC, etc can't seem to handle it. MPCHC works fine, but I don't see the information of the episode that's currently playing.

Cumshot in the Dark
Oct 20, 2005

This is how we roll

Phone posted:

How do you guys play the Loveline stream? iTunes, WMP, VLC, etc can't seem to handle it. MPCHC works fine, but I don't see the information of the episode that's currently playing.
Winamp works perfectly.

Just About Done
May 26, 2007

Should I go with the full gas or half gas? Full gas.

Jaguarp posted:

There's no way I'll ever find this clip again, but one girl calls in talking about how her boyfriend always claims he has to go home suddenly when they get halfway into fooling around. They finally figure out that the kid just cums in his pants while she's dry-humping him or whatever and then claims he has to go home. Adam does the greatest impression ever.

Can anyone help me?

I've been listening sequentially for my first trip through the archive and this sounds really familiar. I'm only in August 2002 so it must be before then, if that helps narrow it down.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
Really dug today's podcast. Adam explains to a caller a little about what they're planning, and it basically sounds like a 90-minute version of the radio show. Bald Bryan doing drops, Teresa sidekicking and doing the news, etc. This sounds like a great idea, I'm definitely looking forward to it. It seems like the biggest complaint about the podcast is Adam being on his own, and having Teresa and Bryan around to ground him will be great.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
You seemed to confuse the word "ground" with "egg him on"

gouge away
Apr 17, 2005

durr

Gatekeeper posted:

Really dug today's podcast. Adam explains to a caller a little about what they're planning, and it basically sounds like a 90-minute version of the radio show. Bald Bryan doing drops, Teresa sidekicking and doing the news, etc. This sounds like a great idea, I'm definitely looking forward to it. It seems like the biggest complaint about the podcast is Adam being on his own, and having Teresa and Bryan around to ground him will be great.

I would really like this, and if Adam could only find a real producer to work with them, it would be even better.

Hormones
May 9, 2009
Does anyone know which episode the 'More Jello, please!' drop originates from?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Wow how terrible. I'd much much much rather not have wacky sound effects and Teresa Strasser. Whatever, it's Adams podcast and friends so whatever.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

jyrka posted:

Wow how terrible. I'd much much much rather not have wacky sound effects and Teresa Strasser. Whatever, it's Adams podcast and friends so whatever.

Yeah, I'm not too fond of this idea either. Guess I got out at a good time. At least it's a step up from superfoods infomercial type podcasts or someone shilling a book, so he's polite and doesn't call anyone on any BS.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Bryan has a good sense of humor now that he can speak again. I kinda hope the drops don't phase him out. Teressa is heading strait back from annoying strait man into annoying, though. I hated her for the longest time, then she was good on the podcasts, now she's wearing thin again. pffffffffffffffff

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Phone posted:

You seemed to confuse the word "ground" with "egg him on"

I dunno, it seemed like this was one of the biggest complaints about the podcast, that Adam didn't have anyone like Teresa or Bryan to 'ground him' like he did on the radio show (I used the word 'ground' because that's the word everyone else used when discussing the topic). Their appearances on the podcast have always been good, it seems like it keeps things fresh and stops Adam from getting into those Dora the Explorer-type ruts.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

UltraRed posted:

Bryan has a good sense of humor now that he can speak again. I kinda hope the drops don't phase him out. Teressa is heading strait back from annoying strait man into annoying, though. I hated her for the longest time, then she was good on the podcasts, now she's wearing thin again. pffffffffffffffff

My biggest issue with Theresa these days is that every sentence she speaks contains "my baby." God drat we know you had a baby, you spent the entire first 8 months of the podcast talking about it.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Brekelefuw posted:

My biggest issue with Theresa these days is that every sentence she speaks contains "my baby." God drat we know you had a baby, you spent the entire first 8 months of the podcast talking about it.

Theresa had a baby???

:)

nah
Mar 16, 2009

whatsabattle posted:

I don't know about Dr. Bruce, but here's Dr. Alter talking about this guy's hidden penis.

:nws: http://www.eonline.com/videos/v35982_dr-bonus-private-parts.html

fake edit:

Here's Adam, Donny, and Dr. Spaz who looks not at all like I imagined. (but still a spaz)

John Mayer said Bruce looks like a retired child star. Best thing he's ever said.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

I read that as "retarded child star" and either one fits very well.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I found the guy who said he's "five-twelve, almost six feet". Apparently he's British: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Britain_national_basketball_team#Roster

Also Adam has definitely been doing some cheating on his wife. He's been talking non-stop about how it's ok and blah blah blah ever since the Tiger thing happened.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

jyrka posted:

I found the guy who said he's "five-twelve, almost six feet". Apparently he's British: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Britain_national_basketball_team#Roster

Also Adam has definitely been doing some cheating on his wife. He's been talking non-stop about how it's ok and blah blah blah ever since the Tiger thing happened.

It's kinda creepy how he says it, but I think it plays up his whole misogynist angle. It's even more creepy when Greg Fitzsimmons says he doesn't do it.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

jyrka posted:

Yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Don't forget, Adam dropped Lynette for awhile basically telling her "hey, I'm getting pretty famous so I want to gently caress around for a bit" and then came back to her. Kinda lovely in my opinion.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Daryl DBD posted:

Yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Don't forget, Adam dropped Lynette for awhile basically telling her "hey, I'm getting pretty famous so I want to gently caress around for a bit" and then came back to her. Kinda lovely in my opinion.

When did this happen? I didn't listen to the morning show, and haven't got around to listening to them yet.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Brekelefuw posted:

When did this happen? I didn't listen to the morning show, and haven't got around to listening to them yet.

It was before they got married, a long time ago. He's only brought it up once in any detail that I remember, and basically just said it wasn't what it was cracked up to be and he was glad to go back to her.

DJJustice
Sep 7, 2006

UNTOPPSABLE
I don't remember hearing about this at all - are you sure you're not thinking of Drew and his wife doing that? Drew talked about it in his book. Not that I'd be surprised, but I've listened to every Loveline episode since 2000 and I can't remember him ever talking about that.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

DJJustice posted:

I don't remember hearing about this at all - are you sure you're not thinking of Drew and his wife doing that? Drew talked about it in his book. Not that I'd be surprised, but I've listened to every Loveline episode since 2000 and I can't remember him ever talking about that.

He talked about it on the morning show once, that's the only time I remember hearing any detail. I don't know if it was ever mentioned on Loveline. I didn't know Drew had done it, so I'm definitely not getting it confused.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I dont recall hearing it either, but I havent listened to loveline since about 2001 when Adam's Hawaiian rant got him pulled from the affiliate here. But back then Adam would always talk about poo poo like how he got stood up by Kari Wuhr (I think it was her) and the fattish Dixie Chick. I was confused when his wife said something on his TLC home repair show about how they've been together for 15 years or something, so him dumping Lynette for a while makes sense to me.

And I still want to know how much he or CBS paid for his .com because he used to ALWAYS rail against the "idiots" who were trying to sell it to him because he was so convinced he would never, ever buy it.

Evil Agita fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 9, 2010

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
He did mention it on the radio morning show. He took a year break so he could do the celebrity thing. IIRC, he mentioned it being fairly lackluster and depressing and he was more than willing to go back to Lynette.

He put her up for basically a year. Got her an apartment/condo, car, etc for the break year.

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

I'm not a playa, I just fuck a lot.

Phone posted:

He put her up for basically a year. Got her an apartment/condo, car, etc for the break year.

This is way weirder and maybe creepier to me than cheating. At least with cheating, you're hiding it from your partner to spare them pain. This is more "Hey, I'm gonna go bang whatever C-Lister I can get my paws on, but don't worry, I'll be back. Just wait right here. Oh, it hurts? Here's some cash for you."

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Bamm Bamm posted:

This is way weirder and maybe creepier to me than cheating. At least with cheating, you're hiding it from your partner to spare them pain. This is more "Hey, I'm gonna go bang whatever C-Lister I can get my paws on, but don't worry, I'll be back. Just wait right here. Oh, it hurts? Here's some cash for you."

Absolutely. Adam is like one of my favorite people, but that whole thing is incredibly bizarre.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Phone posted:

that is depraved as gently caress

Leo
Oct 25, 2005

WEH posted:

that is depraved as gently caress

I've got to stay away from this thread because this stuff just hampers my enjoyment. I miss being naive : (

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Phone posted:

He did mention it on the radio morning show. He took a year break so he could do the celebrity thing. IIRC, he mentioned it being fairly lackluster and depressing and he was more than willing to go back to Lynette.

This is the craziest thing I've ever read in terms of a celebrity move.

If it's that simple, then Adam is a deranged kind of guy.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

I think I remember Adam saying something like if you are putting/put someone you are dating through a lot of poo poo you kind of owe them something once you break it off. I guess he felt guilty for wanting to go have some fun so he kind of paid her off.. Also Teresa said it was a very romantic move to go back to lynette after going and living the single life for a while.

spirited
Nov 2, 2001

Time might lead me to nowhere; Fate might break me apart; I'll always be thankful that once, along life's journey I found the unchanging Imperishable in you.
It's too bad Lynette was just a water bottle fetcher on the MTV Loveline and nobody had a clue how loving ridiculous it was that Adam was faulting promiscuous people for not letting go of their significant other. It would have been great if some jackass caller or guest counter attacked Adam with a jab about putting his girlfriend in storage for a year, especially if it was during his absolutely retarded and offensive community college rants.

He was still the funniest dude on radio during his prime, though.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

spirited posted:

community college

Junior College.

Sir Liquid Jerk
Aug 10, 2002
I have Ham Armor +5!

spirited posted:

especially if it was during his absolutely retarded and offensive community college rants.

Juniour College alumni spotted.

spirited
Nov 2, 2001

Time might lead me to nowhere; Fate might break me apart; I'll always be thankful that once, along life's journey I found the unchanging Imperishable in you.

Sir Liquid Jerk posted:

Juniour College alumni spotted.

Smartest thing I ever did because it saved me from taking out another two years of student loans to get my Bachelors. Few people retain much from their under grad courses later in life anyway.

The hindsight of Loveline just makes the show more interesting, and makes me savor the archives.

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

spirited posted:

Smartest thing I ever did because it saved me from taking out another two years of student loans to get my Bachelors. Few people retain much from their under grad courses later in life anyway.

The hindsight of Loveline just makes the show more interesting, and makes me savor the archives.

Wow, your experience must reflect that of the vast majority of junior college students who take one history class in a semester and think they're on the fast track to a career in "computer programming."

HumanCropcircle
Sep 26, 2005

Gatekeeper posted:

I read that as "retarded child star" and either one fits very well.

Holyyyy poo poo. Same.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

DJJustice posted:

Drew left or Susan left to play the field?

Judakel fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jan 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Phone posted:

Someone has to call the podcast and ask him about this.

• Locked thread