Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet

visuvius posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZfqTuCtcD0

I had posted earlier about how we just got them and they weren't getting along but they are buddies now and it is fun as hell to watch.

I loving LOVE MY CATS SO GOD drat MUCH.

Success! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hypnotoad
Dec 16, 2007

But shakin' its all I know!
Is there such a thing as kitties wrestling TOO hard? Pickles (about a year and a half) and Wicket (9 weeks) now officially are BFFs during their supervised visits, but they seem to wrestle SO hard! Neither of them ever yowls or cries or anything, but goodness!

Also, I have Wicket still confined in a room by herself mostly (we'd like to keep her in there until she's a little bigger before giving her free roam of the whole house) and Pickles hangs out in front of the door all day and they stick their paws back and forth under the door to play. I think it's super cute. :3:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Jesus Christ, I was holding my cat when a guy driving by my house honked very loudly and he (the cat) scratched my shoulder, elbow and chest to ribbons. I dont have any Neosporin, but hopefully Old Spice shares some of the same active ingredients.

Aaaand here comes the mild cat allergy. Poofy lines around the scratches!

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Jesus Christ, I was holding my cat when a guy driving by my house honked very loudly and he (the cat) scratched my shoulder, elbow and chest to ribbons. I dont have any Neosporin, but hopefully Old Spice shares some of the same active ingredients.

Aaaand here comes the mild cat allergy. Poofy lines around the scratches!
Clip dem nails.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Also, consider washing your scratches with soap instead of Old Spice :psyduck:

Bahunter22
Jul 3, 2010

hypnotoad posted:

Is there such a thing as kitties wrestling TOO hard? Pickles (about a year and a half) and Wicket (9 weeks) now officially are BFFs during their supervised visits, but they seem to wrestle SO hard! Neither of them ever yowls or cries or anything, but goodness!

Also, I have Wicket still confined in a room by herself mostly (we'd like to keep her in there until she's a little bigger before giving her free roam of the whole house) and Pickles hangs out in front of the door all day and they stick their paws back and forth under the door to play. I think it's super cute. :3:

Our two girls will start out by being really nice and cleaning each other on the head and eventually it leads to them scrapping. The roll around in a tangled ball kicking the other one's head with their hind claws. I've been on the receiving end of those hind claws and I can tell you it can't be pretty. But they are fine and after about 5 minutes they break apart, regroup and then chase each other around the house. I wouldn't worry, especially if they aren't crying or yowling. Pickles is probably just trying to teach Wicket not to be an rear end in a top hat. Mia did the same thing with Sammi. It seems like your cats dig each other so I wouldn't worry about it.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Cats can have this really amazing ability of putting on a show, and making it seem like they're really trying to cause all this damage, when in reality it's just a big joke. Some are better at it than others, but if a cat really WANTS to hurt someone, you'll know, because their entire demeanor and body language will change and not even a tiny bit of it could be mistaken for playfulness. Sure, accidents can happen in play, but it is VERY rarely serious because kitties are generally very good at containing their claws.

My cat Jackie is seriously amazing at this - I can let her go crazy on my hand with fierce-looking scratching and biting and rapid bunny-kicks, and amazingly there is NEVER a single visible scratch on my hand when we're done. And when I would do that with any other cat I've known I'd wound up with some pretty painful scratches here and there, even if they were fully intended or not, and I'd just accepted it as the cost of rough hand-play. I've also had cats that were fine casually giving their humans the occasional rough scratch for the hell of it. In over 6 months, not only has Jackie never drawn blood from me, but she's never left a single visible mark anywhere on my body. Makes me wonder whether it's that those other cats just didn't really like me very much, or if Jackie just really especially loves me :3: I think it's probably a bit of both, especially since I know Jackie wasn't ever this gentle before she moved in with me - she'd given me some bad scratches before in years past, but she was a *much* less happy kitty in those times.

She's so adorable too, when she accidentally scratches my hand or something while going for a toy and missing it (which usually makes me audibly yelp, not on purpose) she immediately drops out of play-mode and gets upset, and investigates and licks my hand where she scratched it to make sure it's OK. I typically give her a treat to reassure her that there's no hard feelings.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Cryptic Edge posted:

I still have to mix a little clay in and it's been almost a month since I tried to switch to flushable. You have more than one cat. If so, get the multicat pack, and use stage 1.5 to push them quicker, as it'll get them used to the hole.

You should also never change inserts on days you won't be home all day. When I changed my insert last time I had to show them a few times what was going on before they had no issue with it.
We switched back to the first insert and the girl cat still pooped on the floor. The plan now is to go back to the litter box and get them accustomed to Swheat Scoop 100% before returning to the Litter Kwitter.

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth
Maybe you guys can shed some light on my weirdo cat. I gave her a toy that looks like a tiny kitten. She chews on it and fetches it when I throw it, and bats it around a lot. I think she decided to be it's mother and started dragging the toy around by the neck. When she drops it she stares at me and meows, or when I'm not in the room, starts wailing. I have no idea what she wants or what she's trying to say. Should I take it away..?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

vaginadeathgrip posted:

Maybe you guys can shed some light on my weirdo cat. I gave her a toy that looks like a tiny kitten. She chews on it and fetches it when I throw it, and bats it around a lot. I think she decided to be it's mother and started dragging the toy around by the neck. When she drops it she stares at me and meows, or when I'm not in the room, starts wailing. I have no idea what she wants or what she's trying to say. Should I take it away..?
Without photographic or video evidence, I cannot determine the best course of action. Please ameliorate the situation.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Josh Lyman posted:

We switched back to the first insert and the girl cat still pooped on the floor. The plan now is to go back to the litter box and get them accustomed to Swheat Scoop 100% before returning to the Litter Kwitter.

I'd keep with it, mix in some cat attract additive into the flushable/clay mix. I took mine to the multicat 2.5 stage yesterday and both are using it like champs hitting the hole without troubles. I'm going to try to move them up to stage 3 next weekend and slowly start stepping down the liter.

Bologna I had to keep showing the box, and actually lock them in the bathroom for three days before he became reliable on the toilet, but regressing to the litter box I really think will hurt your attempts a bit.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

So, I posted earlier about how to get my cats to eat their food in one sitting. But now I'm having another problem related to that.

One of my cats, Beauregard is being great about the whole thing. He won't finish his food, but he'll eat til he's full and then leave. I'm trying to give them food at the same time twice a day, morning and night, and he's picked it up wonderfully. He's on a special diet to prevent urinary crystals.

My other cat, Cabbit, is being horrible. I switched her to wet food (Wellness) from dry (Nutro) because she wouldn't leave Beauregard's food alone. But she stopped eating it. She'll only eat like 1/8 of a can in an entire day, no many how many times I offer it to her and regardless of the flavor.

I don't want her to starve to death, so I started giving her dry food again. That worked for like a day. Now she won't eat her dry food, either. She'll nibble at it, but not nearly enough for an entire day. Previously I would give her about 1/2 cup and that would last a little over 24 hours. Now she only eats like three bites and is done.

I know it's not just that she's not eating at all, because she goes straight for Beauregard's food as soon as he leaves. I stop her, of course, because his diet is more expensive and there's no reason for her to be eating it. I'm worried about just waiting it out until she gets hungry enough because it's been around a day and half of this and I've heard that cats shouldn't be without food for three days at most.

tl;dr: how can I convince my cat to eat?

RheaConfused
Jan 22, 2004

I feel the need.
The need... for
:sparkles: :sparkles:

Radio! posted:

So, I posted earlier about how to get my cats to eat their food in one sitting. But now I'm having another problem related to that.

One of my cats, Beauregard is being great about the whole thing. He won't finish his food, but he'll eat til he's full and then leave. I'm trying to give them food at the same time twice a day, morning and night, and he's picked it up wonderfully. He's on a special diet to prevent urinary crystals.

My other cat, Cabbit, is being horrible. I switched her to wet food (Wellness) from dry (Nutro) because she wouldn't leave Beauregard's food alone. But she stopped eating it. She'll only eat like 1/8 of a can in an entire day, no many how many times I offer it to her and regardless of the flavor.

I don't want her to starve to death, so I started giving her dry food again. That worked for like a day. Now she won't eat her dry food, either. She'll nibble at it, but not nearly enough for an entire day. Previously I would give her about 1/2 cup and that would last a little over 24 hours. Now she only eats like three bites and is done.

I know it's not just that she's not eating at all, because she goes straight for Beauregard's food as soon as he leaves. I stop her, of course, because his diet is more expensive and there's no reason for her to be eating it. I'm worried about just waiting it out until she gets hungry enough because it's been around a day and half of this and I've heard that cats shouldn't be without food for three days at most.

tl;dr: how can I convince my cat to eat?

You can't just wait it out till she gets hungry, cats will starve themselves in to hepatic lipidosis. They are one of the only animals that, if they don't like it, they won't loving eat it. And they are finicky. My cat was literally diagnosed with anorexia. You need to find some food she will eat, and you need to feed Beauregard in a completely different room, so the other cat can't see it.

We feed our urinary kitty in the bathroom, and the other cats in the living room, and then everyone's food gets picked up.

Fatter cats can get liver damage within a day or so from not eating, as cats' livers cannot handle when their bodies switch to processing fat for calories. Cats can be picky bitches, but you just gotta keep trying different foods.

edited to bold: THREE DAYS IS DANGEROUS LONG

edit #2: feed your cat whatever it wants right now, because it's been way too long since it has eaten. Except if Beau is on s/d (active dissolving food as opposed to prevention food like c/d).

RheaConfused fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 9, 2011

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Beau's on c/d, so I'll give her some of that for the moment. I've tried feeding her in a separate room, as well, but she still won't eat. Thank you, though.

I'm mostly confused because up until a few days ago she loved her dry food. Now she doesn't care about it.

edit: gave her some of Beau's food and she's eating it no problem.

edit 2: for tonight, should I keep giving her Beau's food until she's full or stop her after awhile? She's polished off most of an entire can already :catstare:

Radio! fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 9, 2011

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What about mixing some of the prescription food in with the food you want her to eat? Start as mostly prescription, and step it down each day. That or see if you can find the exact same flavor of food as the prescription but as a nonprescription food.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm taking care of someones two cats, and man do they poop a lot. Their litter box was empty yesterday, today it was poop with litter mixed in. But they are ooh so cute. :3: This is the 3rd time i've taken care of them, and they are very nice cats. It makes me want cats of my own, even more though. :( I haven't had cats in my life in over 6 years now and I miss it so much.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Just posting about my new kitty. My fiancee and I got a 1 year old tabby from the shelter yesterday and we already love her to death. She had a bit of a rough time on the car ride home and threw up in her little transport (it was on one of those circular freeway on-ramps). When she got home she explored and ate a lot. I wasn't sure if she would just run and hide somewhere since it's a new environment, but she was very playful and loved the toys and kitty condo we bought her.

I was worried about her not taking to her litter but when I woke up this morning I fished 2 big pee clumps and a poop clump so that seems ok. At the shelter her litter was not covered so we left it uncovered overnight, but are trying to put the cover on today and hope she still likes it.

We did figure out that she's an intelligent cat because overnight she managed to open a kitchen cabinet and get to the little ziplock baggy that had her catnip in it. Of course it was ripped to shreds when we woke up this morning and catnip was all over the floor. She looked at me discontently as I cleaned it up and when I was done she immediately went to lick up the remaining bits I had missed. Our little drug addict.

hunted by a freak
Sep 3, 2011

I've had a new kitten for about five weeks now, really love the little guy who is incredibly well behaved (has never yet had an accident outside the litter box, doesn't try to escape the house, doesn't make a lot of noise while everyone is sleeping), the only problem is that he really likes to attack/try to roughhouse with people's hands.

I've done what was recommended on here, when he tries to go after hands I yelp, pull my hand away and ignore him for a while, but I've been doing this for around four weeks (after the problem started to develop), but he won't let up. Should I keep at it or try something new?

Also, some pictures of little Courier.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

hunted by a freak posted:

I've done what was recommended on here, when he tries to go after hands I yelp, pull my hand away and ignore him for a while, but I've been doing this for around four weeks (after the problem started to develop), but he won't let up. Should I keep at it or try something new?
Keep at it. For the next two years or so.

Kittens are assholes, they grow out of that eventually (in theory.)

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
What's done is done, so it does me no good to bitch and complain about this - it was my fault anyway. But if your vet ever asks you "Would you like an estimate?," don't answer "no thank you, one way or another it's got to happen" out of blind loyalty, even if it's something where you think you're absolutely certain of what the general price will be. So to be more specific, when your vet says "So would you like an estimate on how much it'll cost to spay your kitten?," you answer "yes, hell yes I'd like an estimate." Otherwise you'll get a bill at the end for 500 loving dollars, which so far is $400 more than anyone I know has ever had to pay for spaying a (completely normal and healthy) kitten. Jesus Christ, someone please tell me yours cost more, or something to make me feel less shellshocked.

This is Tigh and we love her very much even if she is really expensive:

hunted by a freak
Sep 3, 2011

Esmerelda posted:

Keep at it. For the next two years or so.

Kittens are assholes, they grow out of that eventually (in theory.)

Alright, thanks for the advice. It's not too bad, I was really just wondering if I was doing something wrong.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

jackpot posted:

Jesus Christ, someone please tell me yours cost more, or something to make me feel less shellshocked.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, my cat cost $400 to have his testicles and ovaries removed. Love my little mutant.

Somebody answer my cat nutrition question! At what age or weight can a kitten go from "Kitten Food" to regular food? My 5 month old was eating Purina Kitten at the shelter and I want to get her on Wellness (I have dry CORE and wet regular Wellness, not sure which to try for, as the CORE is listed as ADult & Kitten and the canned stuff is labeled for adult cats).

RheaConfused
Jan 22, 2004

I feel the need.
The need... for
:sparkles: :sparkles:

jackpot posted:

What's done is done, so it does me no good to bitch and complain about this - it was my fault anyway. But if your vet ever asks you "Would you like an estimate?," don't answer "no thank you, one way or another it's got to happen" out of blind loyalty, even if it's something where you think you're absolutely certain of what the general price will be. So to be more specific, when your vet says "So would you like an estimate on how much it'll cost to spay your kitten?," you answer "yes, hell yes I'd like an estimate." Otherwise you'll get a bill at the end for 500 loving dollars, which so far is $400 more than anyone I know has ever had to pay for spaying a (completely normal and healthy) kitten. Jesus Christ, someone please tell me yours cost more, or something to make me feel less shellshocked.

It costs $350 where I'm at, was she pregnant? It always costs more to spay than to neuter, keep that in mind. It costs a good deal more for a spaybortion.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

jackpot posted:

I can make you feel better! My cat started acting super weird yesterday and making horrible noises like she was dying. She also wasn't eating normally (see further up in the thread). It got bad enough that I took her to the e-vet, where they ran $600 worth of testing but couldn't explain it. Some quick googling and another call to the vet later and it's almost certain that my cat just wasn't spayed and went into heat.

This would be fine, except I got this cat from a friend of my roommate. Roommate told me cat was spayed. Previous owner NEVER MENTIONED IT, even after I asked about the cat's medical history.

Now I'm out $600 and I still have to get her spayed. So it could be worse! Also your cat is adorable.

Enelrahc
Jun 17, 2007

jackpot posted:

They probably monitored her at all times with a full time tech with her and expensive monitering machinery, she was probably intubated and put on inhalation anesthesia, on IV fluids with a catheter, and she probably received pre and post op pain medication. Most of those things don't happen with a spay at your local cheap place because they cut corners to lower costs. She probably got very high quality care for a major abdominal surgery.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Well, that kitty looks like a very pretty little princess, so maybe after you dropped her off at the vet she demanded the absolute best-quality care with all the fixins because she knew she deserved it and obviously had no qualms about sticking you with the bill after the fact :colbert: Cats can be that way, sometimes.

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe
I paid $20 for Aneta's spaying, but Philly has a good network of low-cost spay facilities and I got a discount for being poor as balls.

Speaking of Aneta, she's learned to play fetch. But only with her favorite mousie. :3: I don't know what she'll do when it bites the dust, there were a couple days last week where we couldn't find it and it was a Crisis Situation for her.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Schroedinger posted:

Speaking of Aneta, she's learned to play fetch. But only with her favorite mousie. :3: I don't know what she'll do when it bites the dust, there were a couple days last week where we couldn't find it and it was a Crisis Situation for her.

That is the cutest mental image ever :3: Please take some pics/videos!

In other news, my roommate won't stop whining about how the cat's yowling is annoying him. He hasn't offered to help pay for her spay, he just wants to complain about it.

Margie
Jul 1, 2009
I'm wondering about something one of my cats does. I have two spayed females that are about five years old. I got them both as kittens about two months apart. One of the cats, Maisie, frequently head butts the other, Mu Shu. Mu doesn't seem to like it. Anyone know why Maisie does this? Is it a show of dominance or something?

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Well, if it makes you feel any better, my cat cost $400 to have his testicles and ovaries removed. Love my little mutant.

Somebody answer my cat nutrition question! At what age or weight can a kitten go from "Kitten Food" to regular food? My 5 month old was eating Purina Kitten at the shelter and I want to get her on Wellness (I have dry CORE and wet regular Wellness, not sure which to try for, as the CORE is listed as ADult & Kitten and the canned stuff is labeled for adult cats).

On the advice I read on the kitten food packets, we kept our little monster on babby food until she was about a year old then introduced 50/50 adult/kitten biscuits. To be honest given the things our one eats that she collects herself (worms, flies and moths mostly but one time she nabbed a pickled anchovy) I don't think it matters too much. My cat is gross.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Margie posted:

I'm wondering about something one of my cats does. I have two spayed females that are about five years old. I got them both as kittens about two months apart. One of the cats, Maisie, frequently head butts the other, Mu Shu. Mu doesn't seem to like it. Anyone know why Maisie does this? Is it a show of dominance or something?
Dominance? No, cats are weird.

Well, it could be face marking, but that's a good thing.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
Yeah, if you're talking about the usual cat head-butting, that's generally a friendly thing. Mu Shu might not want to be friends, but it sounds like Maisie is affectionate.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

Enelrahc posted:

They probably monitored her at all times with a full time tech with her and expensive monitering machinery, she was probably intubated and put on inhalation anesthesia, on IV fluids with a catheter, and she probably received pre and post op pain medication. Most of those things don't happen with a spay at your local cheap place because they cut corners to lower costs. She probably got very high quality care for a major abdominal surgery.
Thanks, I really appreciate this; I think you're probably right on all accounts. I've never been given reason to be pissed at my vet, this just really, really took us by surprise. I meant it when I said we haven't found a single friend between us who's paid anything close to this for such a commonplace (if complicated) operation. It sucks, but like I said it was our fault for not asking.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

gender illusionist posted:

On the advice I read on the kitten food packets, we kept our little monster on babby food until she was about a year old then introduced 50/50 adult/kitten biscuits. To be honest given the things our one eats that she collects herself (worms, flies and moths mostly but one time she nabbed a pickled anchovy) I don't think it matters too much. My cat is gross.

Haha, truer words were never spoken of a cat. I'm just transitioning her from Purina to dry CORE for now. My big cat doesn't like CORE very much so this will be handy when they eat together hopefully.

Fun discovery! My kitten loves water. She hopped in the sink while it was running and rolled around to make sure the faucet got her doused alllll over.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Fun discovery! My kitten loves water. She hopped in the sink while it was running and rolled around to make sure the faucet got her doused alllll over.

Wow - that's a bit unusual for her to like water so much that she'll go under a running faucet! My kitty likes water too, but in a slightly more limited way. After I've taken a shower, she'll sometimes go into the bathtub and roll around in whatever water is remaining there, getting her sort of wet but not like, dousing her completely. Your cat is the first I've heard of who actually likes being totally soaked!

Also, Jackie did something... really and truly disgusting this morning. I heard the characteristic kicking around of kitty litter earlier, which usually meant she was finishing up her business and getting out of her box. But then I heard a decidedly uncharacteristic whining meow from her. So I went over to see what the problem was, and Jackie was halfway across the room, dragging her butt along the floor (kind of like a dog does sometimes) with a long brown streak behind her :gonk: I immediately freak out a bit and stop her, and there was a piece of poo poo hanging out of her anus that she clearly couldn't get to come out completely via her normal methods. So I extricated it as calmly as possible with a paper towel, and then went to town with various high-powered cleaning products on cleaning the gently caress out of that streak. Luckily it was on a linoleum floor and cleaned up pretty well, but man... that was a truly disgusting job. And it'll take me a while to forget that that happened.

I had to clean up Jackie a bit too (for which I used toilet paper with a little warm water which didn't seem too offensive to her) and that was actually a bit tougher than working on the floor. She, of course, is acting totally dignified and like nothing happened at all, which is one of those wonderful skills cats have that I often envy. Should I be worried about this? Like I said, this has never happened before, should I just treat this as like a freak accident that probably won't repeat itself? Anyone else run into this sort of thing?

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

kaworu posted:

Should I be worried about this? Like I said, this has never happened before, should I just treat this as like a freak accident that probably won't repeat itself? Anyone else run into this sort of thing?
If she's having issues using the litterbox then I'd take her to the vet but this sounds like it's just one of those things that happen.

One of my cats has super long fur, occasionally something will stick to it. I clean him off then we never mention the incident again.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
How long does a catnip "high" last? I posted yesterday about how our new cat got into her catnip on the first night and got it all over the kitchen. She basically went from being pretty apprensive towards us and her new home to being all over me and never leaving me alone in the span of less than 24 hours. I'm just wondering if it's the catnip and she'll go back to being shy soon or if she just warmed up to me that quickly.

Here's a picture of the little drug addict.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Another question! Sorry I post here so much lately. :(

So, I have one unspayed cat at the moment and one neutered boy cat. A couple of times I've caught the boy cat biting the girl's neck and sitting not quite on top of her. I've separated them every time, but is this normal? Should I keep them separate?

(unlike the girl, there is no chance the boy is secretly not fixed because he came from the Humane Society and not from a terrible person)

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Radio! posted:

In other news, my roommate won't stop whining about how the cat's yowling is annoying him. He hasn't offered to help pay for her spay, he just wants to complain about it.

Yes, but from your roommate's point of view, your cat is annoying as gently caress and it's not his responsibility to pay for medical procedures to get her to shut up. v:shobon:v Imagine if your roommate had a yappy dog that barked all the time, you'd be pretty annoyed too. I'd try to keep the cat out of common areas until she was spayed, just to keep the peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

Radio! posted:

Another question! Sorry I post here so much lately. :(

So, I have one unspayed cat at the moment and one neutered boy cat. A couple of times I've caught the boy cat biting the girl's neck and sitting not quite on top of her. I've separated them every time, but is this normal? Should I keep them separate?

(unlike the girl, there is no chance the boy is secretly not fixed because he came from the Humane Society and not from a terrible person)
It's a show of dominance. Females do it to each other, males do it to each other, females do it to males... unless he's trying to, you know, make kittens with her I wouldn't worry about it.