Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

i thought ties gave a round win to both teams, not to neither.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i thought ties gave a round win to both teams, not to neither.

Well technically thats true (its still first to 3 wins) it dosent add to the total score when theres a tie.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Jehde posted:

Someone on your team is using a potato for a computer.

It seems to be people who do not have SSD drives. I play with two different people who dont have one and it's always a toss up which is going to take longer to load. When they are not there we never have the issue.

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.
Has anyone else experienced the bug where you get stuck on nothing? In the past week I've had it happen a few times and noticed it happening to someone today. Not sure if this is related to the patch or not.

Love the patch by the way, you guys did a good job Hard.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Looselybased posted:

Has anyone else experienced the bug where you get stuck on nothing? In the past week I've had it happen a few times and noticed it happening to someone today. Not sure if this is related to the patch or not.

Love the patch by the way, you guys did a good job Hard.

Thanks man,

For your issue, are you playing on consoles? Also what do you mean stuck on nothing? Are you sure you are not near an object, can you unstuck yourself by going prone?

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

I've had that happen a few times. It usually happens when you attempt to put down a deployable while you're standing on some tiny debris. Mashing your equipment/deployable button usually fixes it.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Maybe he only owns it ironically

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

IQ is super useful now. Shooting out camera's and jager devices through boarded up windows is great. She now has a good ability to go along with her great shoes.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Laffo @ this vid. https://gfycat.com/AcrobaticEasygoingGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel

Being an Ubi community mod must be amazing with poo poo like this still happening.

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

Hard posted:

Thanks man,

For your issue, are you playing on consoles? Also what do you mean stuck on nothing? Are you sure you are not near an object, can you unstuck yourself by going prone?

Yeah, I'm playing on the PS4. I wish I recorded the times when I got stuck but going prone did work once (I saw papers fly up when I went prone on BANK) and didn't the rest of the time (playing on Oregon and House I think). I think I did record a blitz who was stuck starting on KANAL and I'll try and upload it when I get home.

I'm pretty sure I was near objects every time I got stuck but I tried to move in all directions and nothing would work.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Jesus Christ that's obvious lol

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Foehammer posted:

Maybe he only owns it ironically

I hate this excuse for liking something more than anything.

I have like 82 clips I need to splice up for a video. Or maybe I'll separate it into two or three videos.. hrm.

automaticswim fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 16, 2016

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Laffo @ this vid. https://gfycat.com/AcrobaticEasygoingGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel

Being an Ubi community mod must be amazing with poo poo like this still happening.

idk, I don't see it. He's probably only good at the game.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Would you like to do commentary for the LP?

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Man there are a lot of welcome things in this patch (is it just me or is ALL the lighting a million times better?) but the one I am most thankful for is that stun grenades are now gud, even if you are bad :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj9bg07_ce8

aim? what's that? :allears:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

automaticswim posted:

I hate this excuse for liking something more than anything.

I have like 82 clips I need to splice up for a video. Or maybe I'll separate it into two or three videos.. hrm.

Please.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

yellowjournalism posted:

Man there are a lot of welcome things in this patch (is it just me or is ALL the lighting a million times better?) but the one I am most thankful for is that stun grenades are now gud, even if you are bad :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj9bg07_ce8

aim? what's that? :allears:

There's some amazing locations where stun grenades would/are really useful that people don't consider at all. Example: on Consulate, you can have objective locations be in the archive room and the garage. Both locations upstairs have tile flooring. People don't think you can shoot through it but you can, so making a small hole with your gun and tossing grenades down works wonders for catching them off guard.

Fuzing through there also works but with garage its a crapshoot as to whether it hits the top of a car.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Wooper posted:

idk, I don't see it. He's probably only good at the game.

He probably just heard the guy coming :v:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Squeegy posted:

He probably just heard the guy coming :v:

If you go frame by frame with the video the aimbot actually turns completely around when the Doc comes behind him, then switches view back to the Rook when he's visible through the breach (most likely because he's closer). Then when the Rook croaks its back to Doc before the pistol even cycles fully. It's like two frames to do a full 180.

I only bothered doing frame by frame because the video wigged out, it's actually pretty amazing to see how absurdly quick that dude's aimbot is. Human reflexes ain't got poo poo on him.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i dont really think it's some sort of overarching conspiracy but can you stop giving new defenders dumb as gently caress strong shotguns? thanks

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

No, please keep doing it because I get shot from random rear end windows less often and they can't out range my assault rifle.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i dont really think it's some sort of overarching conspiracy but can you stop giving new defenders dumb as gently caress strong shotguns? thanks

But the SASG is still good though assuming no IQ on the Attack side.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

If you really want a trash shotgun to go up against just have them run Kapkan/Tachanka.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Russian shotgun is so awful it blows my mind.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Serious question for you folks, which is the worst gun in the game? for me its a tossup between the Saiga 12 and Desert Eagle

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I could swear Blackbeard's shield does nothing on ps4.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Basticle posted:

Serious question for you folks, which is the worst gun in the game? for me its a tossup between the Saiga 12 and Desert Eagle

How can pistols be the worst guns in the game? They are literally just small aimbots.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Squeegy posted:

How can pistols be the worst guns in the game? They are literally just small aimbots.

Have you used the Desert Eagle? The accuracy is poor and the recoil makes follow up shots impossible.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
when will the next waves of charms be available? should I wait for the lucky cat charm or just buy one of the new operators tomorrow

chopbustabrown
Sep 14, 2011

I AM THE HEAT MISER

Koramei posted:

when will the next waves of charms be available? should I wait for the lucky cat charm or just buy one of the new operators tomorrow

Buy Valkyrie she's a real beauty with a very nice shotgun

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Are the pubs still bad in this because I want to get back into this but either cbf to Mumble or wind up on jank-rear end hours to Mumble/play West Coast.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Yes, very

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Basticle posted:

Have you used the Desert Eagle? The accuracy is poor and the recoil makes follow up shots impossible.

Yeah, I'd argue that the Deagle and the Revolver are the worst of the pistol bunch. The Revolver is just slow as hell to fire accurately and even slower on the reload. The hipfire is even worse, good luck ever hitting somebody as a shield.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 14:42 on May 17, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
As long as headshots instakill, there will never be any reason to use the higher calibre pistols.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

As long as headshots instakill, there will never be any reason to use the higher calibre pistols.

My Dirty Hairy RP claims differently.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

If you don't think the deagle is the best pistol in the game you're not playing the game right.

Match ending kill cam with the deagle thud is amazing.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
hey hard whatever update my ps4 just downloaded broke the game

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

bobua posted:

If you don't think the deagle is the best pistol in the game you're not playing the game right.

Match ending kill cam with the deagle thud is amazing.

https://gfycat.com/FlickeringSentimentalCat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Here's a video of a Sledge that's REALLY, REALLY good at the game. Watch the whole video to experience divine intervention in action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgcfCs5LuXY

And here's a video of Opentarget being really lucky.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VcmRDTvcGs

Bonus human blast shield
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oKDwIuklGY

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 17, 2016

• Locked thread