Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
the funeral was today so I get to fly home and cuddle my boys for the first time in a month on Sunday and I am so loving stoked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

yeah i remember getting to that part of the rules and it just saying "no blood from people who lived in the UK for more than a few months any time during this 30 year period" with no other explanation and being really confused
prions are terrifying basically

Ms. Twiggy
Sep 9, 2018

Floppy drives should be stylish and fun
my partner and i are going on our first vacation together this weekend and i am so excited

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
we don’t deserve dogs

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Ms. Twiggy posted:

my partner and i are going on our first vacation together this weekend and i am so excited

:toot:

just for the weekend or are you going for a whole week?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Lain Iwakura posted:

we don’t deserve dogs

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

taiwan legalized same-sex marriage, becoming the first place in asia to do so :toot:

they had a symbolic three-couple marriage featuring a straight, gay and lesbian couple, and I really like this picture:

the straight couple is engaged in a sorta weirdly possessive grabbing kiss, lesbians are holding hands all sweet, and the gay guys go right for the rear end gropes :allears:

Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 25, 2019

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

so what does this thread think about Pete Buttigieg

I've been worried about the guy for a while because he's the kind of guy to normalize "well gays should act this way" kind of poo poo

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2019/03/all-about-pete

tldr: he’s awful

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

back when he was running for the chair of the dnc position he was the only major person running who bothered to go to the women's march, the two more popular candidates instead went to a fundraising meeting that day, so i was really hoping he'd be cool :sigh:

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

The article posted:

I don’t trust former McKinsey consultants. I don’t trust military intelligence officers. And I don’t trust the type of people likely to appear on “40 under 40” lists, the valedictorian-to-Harvard-to-Rhodes-Scholarship types who populate the American elite. I don’t trust people who get flattering reams of newspaper profiles and are pitched as the Next Big Thing That You Must Pay Attention To, and I don’t trust wunderkinds who become successful too early.

Agreed OP

edit: ah hell, I thought this was in cjs. Sorry everybody

Asleep Style fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 25, 2019

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

surely there are worse choices but I wouldn’t trust him to have the rest of our interests in mind

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

as I've said in C-SPAM, he's a guy who dresses up in full button-up pajamas and sleeps in separate beds and then draws a curtain before he goes to sleep

he is an absolute terror and why he's gaining ground really scares me

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

is there a specific term for getting angry about feeling dysphoric

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Poniard posted:

i wish

also three days off of hrt now... 18 more days to go

my body hates me so much but at least cypro destroyed my gonads so i haven't had a significant boost in testosterone

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Poniard posted:

dys-fury-a

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Radio! posted:

dys-fury-a

no no no that's the transgender planet Riddick is from

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Victory Position posted:

so what does this thread think about Pete Buttigieg

I've been worried about the guy for a while because he's the kind of guy to normalize "well gays should act this way" kind of poo poo
From the half dozen pieces I’ve read he sounds decent until you actually look at his positions and it turns out he’s about as bad as a gay dude could be. but full disclosure I’m also a loving commie.

OldAlias posted:

surely there are worse choices but I wouldn’t trust him to have the rest of our interests in mind
idem

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

jit bull transpile posted:

no no no that's the transgender planet Riddick is from

open palm slam monologue but instead of VHS it's HRT

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

aardvaard posted:

signs that i might be trans are becoming hard to ignore. what do i do now.

oh poo poo it's been like a year of transing. wack.

can you believe this thread was the fuckin first place i went

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

aardvaard posted:

oh poo poo it's been like a year of transing. wack.

can you believe this thread was the fuckin first place i went

you are a queer goon, the yeerk pool is your natural habitat

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I like Chicago much better than suburban Florida

For one I’m not the only out trans person at work??? What the hell

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Luigi Thirty posted:

I like Chicago much better than suburban Florida

For one I’m not the only out trans person at work??? What the hell

Chicago is good. not as good as Milwaukee but pretty good.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

tmi but love2have tucking problems on the way to work edit: oh no wonder my underwear has literally split down the middle

what the gently caress

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 7, 2019

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

no cops or corporations at pride

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

lyft's polyamory pride balloon was a surprise though

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

aardvaard posted:

no cops or corporations at pride

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

is lyft not a corporation

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

oh they are and they shouldn't be at pride but i appreciated that they went for more than the bare minimum rainbow flags and "LOVE IS LOVE".

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
corporations are poly because most of the large ones share board directors amongst each other

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I've never met a corporation with green hair though

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

jit bull transpile posted:

I've never met a corporation with green hair though

they have religions they can have purple hair and septum piercings now

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
do you think doctor pepper and mister pibb ever hooked up

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Just feel utterly depressed. I got this degree for nothing, all I could get after months of searching is something that makes me 12.50 an hour. I'll never get any of the procedures I want, not even loving laser, on the budget I have. Every stupid loving friend I have always chants, "you don't need it, you should make yourself happy :), stop looking for external validation" but that poo poo is so loving dumb and reeks of stupid stoic mindset. Yeah, let me just imagine away how loving lovely i feel to look at myself every day.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

Just feel utterly depressed. I got this degree for nothing, all I could get after months of searching is something that makes me 12.50 an hour. I'll never get any of the procedures I want, not even loving laser, on the budget I have. Every stupid loving friend I have always chants, "you don't need it, you should make yourself happy :), stop looking for external validation" but that poo poo is so loving dumb and reeks of stupid stoic mindset. Yeah, let me just imagine away how loving lovely i feel to look at myself every day.

maybe you can at least use the current job to leverage your way into a new job? i know that's not very useful advice but idk, don't give up hope, there's still stuff that can happen...

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

SunAndSpring posted:

Christ, do I feel you on this. I can barely afford razors, much less lasers, and sometimes I despair of ever getting back even close to where I was. But, then again, I never thought I would ever be here, as close to being happy with myself as I've ever been so who knows?

I guess try to focus on the positives?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

"you're beautiful as you are" "you shouldn't care about what society thinks" "you don't need surgery to be happy" is the dysphoria equivalent of telling a depressed person that they should "just try to stop feeling sad" - technically true but absolutely unhelpful and dismissive. it's true that society shouldn't have a say over how anyone looks but if it were as easy as a mindset change nobody would have issues with their body.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
also buy hormones from Canada online and watch Craigslist for home lasers and cut our lovely Healthcare system out of things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

aardvaard posted:

"you're beautiful as you are" "you shouldn't care about what society thinks" "you don't need surgery to be happy" is the dysphoria equivalent of telling a depressed person that they should "just try to stop feeling sad" - technically true but absolutely unhelpful and dismissive. it's true that society shouldn't have a say over how anyone looks but if it were as easy as a mindset change nobody would have issues with their body.

yes this. telling you to adjust your mindset is just the polite way of saying terf bs about how we should be destroying gender not changing it.

do what you need to be happy and if you find barriers to that post about it here and maybe we can help you find charity programs or other resources in your area to help.