Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

did they reveal anything about the starlink toys to life gimmick. can i use my star fox amiibo and be done with it or what

Oh my no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Strong editing choices here

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Delays notwithstanding, next year is looking like a Pretty Good Videogame Year. RE2Make, Metro, Ori 2, DMC5, DOOMER, Sekiro...ah, there's also the poo poo FFT too in case you're a bad person.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

Steve Yun posted:

Probably dead. I can’t point to examples of backwards compatibility selling any systems, and remastered versions sell too well.

It prevented me from selling my Xbone if that counts. Only bought it for exclusives, was underwhelmed but kept it due to BC.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

do we know what these doodads do

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

They upgrade your ship. The game is literally pay to win

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Super No Vacancy posted:

The ship is your ship, the people are the person flying the ship, and the little red and blue things are weapons you mount on the ship

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Super No Vacancy posted:

I've checked with my Amiiboz and what they do is both 'take up space' and 'be tricky to dust'.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

haveblue posted:

Still want to know what's so special about February 22, 2019.

Far enough after holiday 2018 but still gives you a full launch in FY 2018.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Super No Vacancy posted:

did they reveal anything about the starlink toys to life gimmick. can i use my star fox amiibo and be done with it or what

You can buy parts as dlc so you don't have to buy the physical pieces. Once you've connected a piece to your game you have a digital copy and don't have to actually mess around with figures if you don't want to.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Super No Vacancy posted:

The trailer made it look like you use the ship as a controller or some poo poo, which sounds like a monumentally terrible idea but it's not like that's ever stopped toys to life things

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Saint Freak posted:

I've checked with my Amiiboz and what they do is both 'take up space' and 'be tricky to dust'.

I'm a stupid idiot who already buys Warhammer minis and plastic spaceships so plastic tots with swappable loadouts is extremely my poo poo even before you get a game attached.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

harumph

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I think Soul Calibur VI comes out October too. What's money.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

No Yakuza Kiwami 2, FOTNS or Tetris Effect.

Shameful.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

DLC Inc posted:

good point. I do wonder how farther along Starfield is though.

I was going to say that the general belief is that it won’t be on current gen, but then I realized the next one is only two years away.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Wait I lied, the most pathetic part of E3 was not nerds having orgasms over a game that doesn’t even have a title yet, but the part where Michel Ancel asked everyone to crowdsource the assets and textures for his game and they’ll maybe pay you if you win lottery odds of actually being put in the game.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Wait a minute, Ghost doesn’t even have a tentative date? Watch it come out after Sekiro.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

The ship is your ship, the people are the person flying the ship, and the little red and blue things are weapons you mount on the ship

and dont worry you can buy booster packs in stores nowwwww

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doorknob Slobber posted:

and dont worry you can buy booster packs in stores nowwwww

Where are you seeing that, I can only find the starter pack for preorder

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Stoked about getting Fist of the North Star

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Super No Vacancy posted:

It's drat criminal that I originally read Starlink as Starfox.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DalaranJ posted:

Wait a minute, Ghost doesn’t even have a tentative date? Watch it come out after Sekiro.

Idgi they are totally different

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

My favourite game from E3 this year was probably My Friend Pedro. I can't loving wait.

That game looks incredible. Jealous it's not on PS4.

univbee posted:

Soul Calibur VI (PS4, XB1, PC Steam) - Friday October 19th

I'm still baffled they didn't go for a July/August release. Fighting games usually do well when there's no release competition. Anyways, I think that's the only game I want between now and Resident Evil 2, so my wallet is breathing easy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

That game looks incredible. Jealous it's not on PS4.

I'm still baffled they didn't go for a July/August release. Fighting games usually do well when there's no release competition. Anyways, I think that's the only game I want between now and Resident Evil 2, so my wallet is breathing easy.

Aris (a big bandai namco 3d fighting personality) was saying that it was delayed from summer a few months ago as he heard it. Probably wouldnt have been ready

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

DalaranJ posted:

i like that it took me until that image to realize that only 1 of the 4 games sony did a real big focus on has any sort of release date and it's the one only a few months away

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

i like that it took me until that image to realize that only 1 of the 4 games sony did a real big focus on has any sort of release date and it's the one only a few months away

Microsoft actually did win for once.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Death Stranding is going to be a launch title on the PS5

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

DalaranJ posted:

third-parties won, microsoft was just kind enough to let them use their stage the most

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DalaranJ posted:

Yeah im hype for [checks notes] nevermind

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That Starlink game being on the Switch completely changed my mind about it probably failing. That poo poo is gonna sell a ton. It’s gonna make a killing on the Switch

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I was going to say that the general belief is that it won’t be on current gen, but then I realized the next one is only two years away.

General belief aka Todd Howard literally said it's next gen.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah im hype for [checks notes] nevermind

The last gears was so bad it retroactively went back and destroyed my memories of gears ever being good. The last halo didn't even have fuckin' couch coop and halo 4 was garbage.
I might check out gears tactics cause I love me some xcom, hopefully it will be as big a hit as halo warz

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nopantsjack posted:

The last gears was so bad it retroactively went back and destroyed my memories of gears ever being good. The last halo didn't even have fuckin' couch coop and halo 4 was garbage.
I might check out gears tactics cause I love me some xcom, hopefully it will be as big a hit as halo warz

I beat gow4 in may and it is so bland. The squad banter is like poo poo talking the game for you too with constant "i dont like this" or "this again?" In between the normal bad wisecrack buddy banter.
At least they let you play the end of the game in big mech suits i guess.

So thats gears 5 out for me. Same with the gears spin offs, dont care. Halo is a tech demo, probably need a new console for it so thats not on my radar. I'll get ori2 even though i thought the ori1 gameplay didnt live up to its art, cause gamepass makes it easier to try on a whim. I'll get the cuphead dlc. I'll get crackdown just to witness the trainwreck for 9.99

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, you should be hype for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k6GC5NtuAg&hd=1

also apparently Ninja Souls is basically Tenchu so that might be cool too.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Dias posted:

also apparently Ninja Souls is basically Tenchu so that might be cool too.

I've only been waiting like 15 loving years...

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

third-parties won, microsoft was just kind enough to let them use their stage the most

Absolutely.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pirate Jet posted:

Wait I lied, the most pathetic part of E3 was not nerds having orgasms over a game that doesn’t even have a title yet, but the part where Michel Ancel asked everyone to crowdsource the assets and textures for his game and they’ll maybe pay you if you win lottery odds of actually being put in the game.

It's just graffiti and art pieces, they're not exactly crowdsourcing character models. A shitload of people do art like that for fun, so tossing their poster/graffiti/painting in the hat to see if it gets used is more of a "huh, cool!" thing rather than any real dreams of it being their big break as a design artist.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Whatever the motivation it's still pretty scummy within the context of this greater trend toward outsourcing cheap contract labor over hiring an actual salaried employee. Ubisoft isn't some fledgling studio, they're one of the largest and most profitable video game publishers on the planet and can afford to employ dedicated artists for their time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dynamically changing grafitti is a pretty neat idea, I'll admit. It sounds like a more involved version of Miiverse/Splatoon's lobby.

• Locked thread