Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Murdstone posted:

Sports Story when?

It'll be packaged with silksong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Murdstone posted:

Sports Story when?

Nintendo usually does an Indie Direct sometime in December, maybe we'll see it then

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Bleck posted:

To be fair, I didn't expect to be done the game at 80 hours. The previous two Monster Hunter games, I'd gotten 200 hours in and still not accomplished everything I wanted to do, and eventually considered my time with them done at about 500 hours each. And that was before I was expected to pay for an expansion.

I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that Capcom pulled this one outta the oven too early.

the onyl reason u played mhw more at launch is the garbage deco grind and its good its gone.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Snake Maze posted:

Rise (without expansion) is currently a better game than World (without expansion) ever was.

yup

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Hey Stux. Someone was making fun of Switch Lite users a while ago and I flamed them in your honor.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

thank you brother :pray:

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

American McGay posted:

Hey Stux. Someone was making fun of Switch Lite users a while ago and I flamed them in your honor.

yeah its pretty bad compared to the one i can plug into my tv

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day

Muscle Tracer posted:

yeah its pretty bad compared to the one i can plug into my tv

yeah but they're super cute

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

yeah but they're super cute

turn on your monitor

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Just opened up the game to find my exact playtime, and apparently I played rise for ~190 hours before I considered myself done with it, and I played a ton of weapons in it. It's a very good game. Don't feel like it was all that underdeveloped for what it was.

Pre-Iceborne World did have a lot more to build up to at the end though, with all the arch tempereds and kulve taroth and the like.

Bud light dog
Oct 1, 2021

by Hand Knit
The Switch light is awesome... The gently caress y’all talking about...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm holding out for the OLED lite

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Switch is a gameboy, putting it on the TV is for weirdos. Switch Lite is the optimum switch

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I sold my lite when I got an OLED and I don’t really miss it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rutibex posted:

Switch is a gameboy, putting it on the TV is for weirdos. Switch Lite is the optimum switch

lmao, claiming Switch Lite is better when it has the smallest screen and doesn't include a Gameboy Player dock.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i dont care a buuout docking, it was very cheap, also smaller and doesnt have rails to worry about. an epic win for nintendo and gamers.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Rutibex posted:

Maybe when it gets an oled revision.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Maybe when it gets an Pro revision.

:can:

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
But without detachable joycons, how can I take advantage of the ability, in Groove Coaster or pinball, to turn the Switch sideways and play in 9:16 mode instead of 16:9 mode?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

You joke but that's an actual concern for shmup/shooter fans.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You just turn your own head

drat millennials

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Red Minjo posted:

But without detachable joycons, how can I take advantage of the ability, in Groove Coaster or pinball, to turn the Switch sideways and play in 9:16 mode instead of 16:9 mode? not let inevitable joycon drift drive me insane?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

McCracAttack posted:

Wish they would get these back in stock again.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i will simply be opening the console to replace my own joycons. like a sir i might add.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
I did end up giving away my Lite like I said. I miss it a little.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There's always the next Lite.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
lmfao

Don't tempt me. I never owned the yellow one and I still think it's cute.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Well, amazon was selling the white OLED for retail but delivery after christmas so gently caress it I went for it.

Thinking BoW and Dread and maybe MH Rise after that, Mario Odyssey...any other suggestions?

SMT V for a RPG maybe? Any other good RPG recommendations?

Levitate fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 14, 2021

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

How is Dark Souls Remaster on Switch? I heard it looks better / 60fps on PS4, but the ability to play on Switch and just pick up and play whenever is enticing.

Also I’ve never played a “Souls” game before.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
The puzzle game spinoff of Shovel Knight is out. Anyone played it yet? Reviews I've seen seem pretty positive so far.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Solaris 2.0 posted:

How is Dark Souls Remaster on Switch? I heard it looks better / 60fps on PS4, but the ability to play on Switch and just pick up and play whenever is enticing.

The short version is it's largely the 360/PS3 version again but the notorious Blight Town area doesn't have the frame rate issues that made it infamous on those original versions. So that's pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdfO8ECwdo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

McCracAttack posted:

tbis is loving epic...

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I still need to get off my rear end and buy a Japanese eshop card so I can buy shmups that don’t make it over

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Nintendo was really smart not to release a "Switch Pro":

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1470383392340549635

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Solaris 2.0 posted:

the sound is also worse. everything sounds like a little too ‘hot’. But I also once had to spend 6 hours in an airport and I spent the whole time drinking at the bar and playing Dark Souls so I didn’t really care about the performance then

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 22, 2021

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If I remember the 360/PS3/Wii narrative correctly, combining the sales of both of your competitors into one number is legit. So actually Switch sales aren't all that and a bag of potato chips.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Stux posted:

i dont care a buuout docking, it was very cheap, also smaller and doesnt have rails to worry about. an epic win for nintendo and gamers.

welcome back

e: did nayone else get confused at first over doug bowser and gary bowser?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

Nintendo was really smart not to release a "Switch Pro":

:hmmyes:
They learned from the WiiU. The next system will be an entirely new gimmick, not a better switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

McCracAttack posted:

What is this fine contraption?