Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

robot roll call posted:

got the hulk goku today

he's like 3 times the size of all the other figuarts I have and very solid, he's got some serious presence. I got gogeta too who also seems cool but I had to break this one open first. badass!

Hell yeah gogeta/broly buddy, I'm waiting on some figuarts stands so I can diorama them up.

OG Broly is my one true love, but the Super is hella sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Davros1 posted:

Thanks! Just ordered it!

Nice! I'm glad that was useful to somebody!

I still have my Origins Grayskull boxed up, pending some serious organizing of my toy room, but it looks like a really awesome set. Importantly, it's mostly the same as the vintage set, which has been voted "best playset ever" in at least one poll I know of. Just with a few little additions. They really knew better than to mess with success. Free Sorceress too!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Saw some turtles today

https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1563574347318820865?s=21&t=aCqD1K3obSIrUAzDLh7oBA

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Geordi No: Turtles
Geordi Yes: Hello Kitty

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Not toys but letting the friends of Goku know about this https://www.swatch.com/en-us/swatch-x-dragonballz.html

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shiroc posted:

Not toys but letting the friends of Goku know about this https://www.swatch.com/en-us/swatch-x-dragonballz.html

Finally, my desire to be able to look at a creepy old man every day can be fulfilled without turning off my monitor

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Shiroc posted:

Not my speed any more, but those are pretty neat. Cell and Gohan are my faves.

gregday
May 23, 2003

I picked up an aluminum Iron Man glove kit from a random Chinese seller. It’s 17 separate cast metal pieces that I’m having to sand and polish myself before assembly. I think it’s meant to be a Mk II replica? But I’m going to hit it with some Duplicolor metallic red to match my Mk V helmet. The shinier I can get the metal the better it will show through the paint.

I think I found a pretty accurate base glove to go under it. It will need painting also. The repulsor light is white but I’m thinking of adding a little bit blue tint.

Edit: No I am not thinking of building a whole suit. Just want a fun accent to go with my helmet.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Huchback Leo is sweet.

Now I've got 3 brothers and I am eagerly awaiting the official annoucnement of the best turtle Donatello.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ooh, Usagi is out!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

Ooh, Usagi is out!

And proud!

Question for our resident dinosaur experts: if I get the Mattel Legacy Collection Kitchen set from JP are they going to work with the Hammond collection guys?

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 27, 2022

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Joe Fisto posted:

And proud!

Neeeeeed :saddowns:

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

gregday posted:

Edit: No I am not thinking of building a whole suit. Just want a fun accent to go with my helmet.

Full Iron Man suit in the works, confirmed.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Shiroc posted:

Geordi No: Turtles
Geordi Yes: Hello Kitty

You might enjoy my daughter's collection.

"Dad, we're almost out of Hello Kitties"

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I found that ML Spider-Man two pack at Target today, so I got it! The Spider-Man figure in this set is SUPER impressive. I'm not even a big Spider-Man guy either. It's just fun to play around and pose him. Spinneret's cool too, I love her colors. I just wish she had as many joints as Spider-Man. But wow, yeah, the Spider-Man is pretty much import quality in my eyes. I'm sure the Sentinel Peter B. Parker is better, of course, but for my money this Spider-Man is all I need.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I found that ML Spider-Man two pack at Target today, so I got it! The Spider-Man figure in this set is SUPER impressive. I'm not even a big Spider-Man guy either. It's just fun to play around and pose him. Spinneret's cool too, I love her colors. I just wish she had as many joints as Spider-Man. But wow, yeah, the Spider-Man is pretty much import quality in my eyes. I'm sure the Sentinel Peter B. Parker is better, of course, but for my money this Spider-Man is all I need.

How were the joints on Spidey? Mine were so stiff I warped the mushroom peg on the shoulder trying to bend the elbow. Luckilly I found a second set so I can return the damaged one. 2nd one was also super stiff, but I used a hair dryer on him and hes fine.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Mine were fine. Maybe a little stiff at first, but after playing around with it I had no problems.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

gregday posted:

Narrator voice: “He built a whole suit.”

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

The previous retro Spidey was better than the original Maxfex one imo. The Sentinel Peter B. Looks great, but I wouldn't be surprised to wind up liking the ML one better than that one too, especially considering the cost.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gregday makes me want to get motivated and 3D print an Iron Man suit but it'd take fuckin ages.

like i need more on my plate to sand and finish

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
These are obviously dated, cheap figures but Ocarina of Time is still one of my favorite games and it's nice to have some representation of them.

These in a bundle with a bunch of the small scale Zelda figures, like Deku Link and Skull Kid. I haven't gotten to opening those yet though.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Oh hell yeah! I have that link, he hangs out with his figma Link’s Awakening counterpart. I have Epona from like twenty something years ago, really wish I had a full run of those. Or at least Gannondorf (not sure if the line was Oot specific or if it was just a few mixed in with other Nintendo characters)

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
There was a really ancient OoT set of figures back when the game was still new. Upthread somewhere I posted a picture of the Link that I saw in a Half Price Books recently. These are from the mid 2010s era of the World of Nintendo line.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Shiroc posted:

These are obviously dated, cheap figures but Ocarina of Time is still one of my favorite games and it's nice to have some representation of them.

These in a bundle with a bunch of the small scale Zelda figures, like Deku Link and Skull Kid. I haven't gotten to opening those yet though.

Donkey Kong looks like he's about to get the drop on Link, and is POSITIVELY ecstatic about it.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Nice! I'm glad that was useful to somebody!

I still have my Origins Grayskull boxed up, pending some serious organizing of my toy room, but it looks like a really awesome set. Importantly, it's mostly the same as the vintage set, which has been voted "best playset ever" in at least one poll I know of. Just with a few little additions. They really knew better than to mess with success. Free Sorceress too!

I was always hoping there'd be an reissue or update to the ol' Castle for years (I didn't care for the look of the 200X version), so I was happy when this one came out. The original Castle was probably my favorite playset as a child* (that and the D & D Fortress of Fangs), so getting a new one is great.

*Shame Mattel followed it up with that Snake Mountain. As a kid, I found that playset to be incredibly lame.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 27, 2022

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Shiroc posted:

A good addition, if you can find it for a decent price, is the OOT Shadow Link, which was an exclusive at something like Hot Topic if I remember correctly. Pretty sure these four figures are the only OOT toys Jakks has made besides maybe some 2.5" figures.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I have that original Ganondorf, he’s on my game shelf.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

That’s fuckin’ dope! :)

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Louisgod posted:

A good addition, if you can find it for a decent price, is the OOT Shadow Link, which was an exclusive at something like Hot Topic if I remember correctly. Pretty sure these four figures are the only OOT toys Jakks has made besides maybe some 2.5" figures.

I know there at least is also a Goron Tunic Link since I saw that as well when I was looking for these. I don't think I've seen any other unique characters.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Hey, Shiroc do you happen to remember how much that Link at Half Price Books was? I went back a few pages and couldn’t find it, just trying to get a rough idea what they go for. My earlier post wasn’t that clear but I still have the ancient Epona but lost track of Link long ago, so I bought the one you posted as a replacement but he can’t quite saddle up properly. Would love to get the old school one and maybe paint the 2010’s era Link’s tunic red (not blue cause gently caress that water temple forever) and possibly improve a mirror shield or something. :)

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Hey, Shiroc do you happen to remember how much that Link at Half Price Books was? I went back a few pages and couldn’t find it, just trying to get a rough idea what they go for. My earlier post wasn’t that clear but I still have the ancient Epona but lost track of Link long ago, so I bought the one you posted as a replacement but he can’t quite saddle up properly. Would love to get the old school one and maybe paint the 2010’s era Link’s tunic red (not blue cause gently caress that water temple forever) and possibly improve a mirror shield or something. :)

They had it for $35. I assume they probably do at least a cursory ebay search when they price stuff like that so that might be around where they go or a little higher on account of being in a store.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Sweet! Thanks!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What's the best online retailer that offers Paypal's Pay in 4 and carry Super7?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Shiroc posted:

gohan's watch face just being half AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA is great, love it

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Burkion posted:

What's the best online retailer that offers Paypal's Pay in 4 and carry Super7?

I always buy Super 7 stuff through BBTS, and I know they accept Paypal. From my experience I just select Paypal as the payment method and then it opens up a separate Paypal dialogue where I decide what type of Paypal payment to use. I don't know if the pay in 4 thing is something the retailer does or something Paypal does.

BBTS does not charge up front for preorders, unlike Super 7 when you buy direct, they only charge when the thing is in their hands and ready to ship. In a sense that's nice, but it's also awkward not having any idea when a potentially large payment will go through. What I've been doing recently is putting all my preorder stuff on Paypal credit, because it was stressing me out having the possibility of like $250 just suddenly being gone from my bank account, months later when my situation might be different. I don't usually like putting anything on credit, but with preorders specifically it has worked out well because it lets me decide when to pay for the stuff, after they decide when to charge me.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Not your fault but this makes me so sad. Literally nothing I like for months lol. Turtles and motu. They don’t release gi joe figures into the store any more. Star Wars I did find some recently but everything else is so dry for me.

It’s a bummer. I really like hunting for toys on my down time.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Was that the one that came with the horse he rode in OoT?

I had it, it's boxed up somewhere.

Was a Link as well.

Probably around 20ish years old now?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Just arrived!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Last Call posted:

Was that the one that came with the horse he rode in OoT?

I had it, it's boxed up somewhere.

Was a Link as well.

Probably around 20ish years old now?

There were two separate Links with Epona, oddly enough each by different companies from who made that Ganondorf. First was the Epona/Majora’s Mask Link by Epoch (all those figures are now crazy expensive).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1751881296...e8ef2%7Ciid%3A1

The other was by Toybiz, who also made a Zelda and Impa figure (and maybe another Ganondorf with horse?).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2658451884...KhoC5yQQAvD_BwE

Moral of the story is we need NECA or some company with talent to pick up the Nintendo license.

e: fixed the first link.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 28, 2022

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Martian_Ranger/status/1563677147415207936

Super 7 holy poo poo they NAILED this

LOOK AT ALL OF THIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The ab crunch on the green ranger looks odd, but they look great otherwise.