Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Crows Turn Off posted:

What English accent are you expecting? Or should they speak in an ancient robot language that sounds like a 56k modem?

I know you were joking but yes now I do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fridge corn posted:

idk i haven't played it

I would expect some.sort of divergence after 800 years or so especially given the several unique tribal cultures presented in the game, yet everyone sounds like that person you're stuck next to.in thr queue at the supermarket who won't shut up about their kids track meet and the upcoming pta meeting or something

I think I've found the reason why

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Please buy DJMAX it’s fuckin’ dope.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Ceramics posted:

My only gripe about it is that sweet acoustic version of Glory Days from the perfect ending is not a playable song.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I might be hallucinating here, but I remember the old DJ Max games having edited versions of songs so they would be shorter, while providing the full version on OSTs.

It feels like the songs on these are all the full versions, they sure feel a lot longer than the PSP games.

Also if Coastal Tempo is not coming soon I will be extremely mad.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ceramics posted:

I am not good enough for DJMAX so I'm just going to go practice Gitaroo Man Master Mode until I die

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Morpheus posted:

I can't even remember what's going on in DS2, and I beat it - literally the last boss showed up and I was confused as to who she was and why I was fighting her.
One day you will walk those grounds without really knowing why.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Paracelsus posted:

One day you will walk those grounds without really knowing why.

Though the Emerald herald tells you what to do and why.

Where Nioh you just wonder around until you just run into the goal.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Does the Royal Edition upgrade for FFXV include the DLC? I've heard mixed stuff on that.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Elmon posted:

Does the Royal Edition upgrade for FFXV include the DLC? I've heard mixed stuff on that.
I think it does, but I'm still not clear on what of the bazillions of gameplay improvements they keep making are part of the pack versus a free update. I know the multiplayer upgrade isn't free, at least.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Everyone knows already but boy Mighty No 9 sucks.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Though the Emerald herald tells you what to do and why.

Where Nioh you just wonder around until you just run into the goal.

You have an obvious and clearly defined goal in Nioh - go find the shirtless albino bloke what nicked your fish-lady.

You just have to slog through a really poorly told summary of the Sengoku period first.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think it does, but I'm still not clear on what of the bazillions of gameplay improvements they keep making are part of the pack versus a free update. I know the multiplayer upgrade isn't free, at least.

It's so confusing. I originally heard yes. Than no. But it seems like it includes it. Thanks!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Everyone knows already but boy Mighty No 9 sucks.

would you say it is better than nothing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Elmon posted:

It's so confusing. I originally heard yes. Than no. But it seems like it includes it. Thanks!

I don’t think it does actually

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Oxxidation posted:

You have an obvious and clearly defined goal in Nioh - go find the shirtless albino bloke what nicked your fish-lady.

You just have to slog through a really poorly told summary of the Sengoku period first.

Well yeah but how you get to the goal is kind of a mystery.

You just kind of run into him at the beginning of the last act.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This exclusive pack contains all new content included in FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION.

New Features:
・Insomnia City Ruins - new map leading straight to the game's climactic end
・First-Person View - mode allowing players to see Eos through Noctis's eyes
・Armiger Unleashed - powered-up combat mode
・Royal Cruiser - open-sea exploration, new fishing spots and recipes
・Regalia Type-D - new acquisition and enhancement quests
・Additional Trophies

Meanwhile the Royal Edition specifically says it includes all the season pass content

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Elmon posted:

It does not, which is some BS. The Royal version does have all the DLC and Royal Content for 50 bucks or you can upgrade your base FFXV for 25 for season pass and 20 for royal edition so 45 bucks, yes it's kinda annoying.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

RBA Starblade posted:

To add to this, Wipeout is fantastic and you should get that too. Until Dawn is good and play it with a few friends and decide together how you want to get dumb teens murdered. The Order is bad and I regret my five dollars and time.

Get Knack 2

From a couple of pages ago but...

Preorder Knack 3

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Digirat posted:

would you say it is better than nothing

Lmao

What's even funnier is the knockoff bomberman clone we got is better than it, though not that interesting.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This exclusive pack contains all new content included in FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION.

New Features:
・Additional Trophies

Meanwhile the Royal Edition specifically says it includes all the season pass content
So you really need to buy the pack to get all that stuff eh? Hmm...do I really care enough about FF15 anymore...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

If you're buying the disc/PSN full release of Royal Edition then it has the Season Pass. If you're just buying the upgrade it does not.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Pablo Nergigante posted:

New Features:
・Additional Trophies

They asked about the separate upgrade, not the all-in-one package.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

fridge corn posted:

idk i haven't played it

I would expect some.sort of divergence after 800 years or so especially given the several unique tribal cultures presented in the game, yet everyone sounds like that person you're stuck next to.in thr queue at the supermarket who won't shut up about their kids track meet and the upcoming pta meeting or something

So... Would you want them to use languages and words you don't understand with or without subtitles?

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

I'm so confused. So it's actually no. I hate when companies make it cost the same amount to re buy the game as upgrading to the DLC.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

veni veni veni posted:

HZD is basically the penultimate standard issue open world game.
It's the second to last open world game :confused:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Elmon posted:

I'm so confused. So it's actually no. I hate when companies make it cost the same amount to re buy the game as upgrading to the DLC.

It's like five dollars less than Royal Edition's retail price in the US.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SubponticatePoster posted:

Maybe Far Cry 5 will be the ultimate one.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

If anyone is looking to upgrade and you REALLY like the new God of War, Sony is doing a special Norse grey PS4 + controller + game:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/03/06/introducing-the-limited-edition-god-of-war-ps4-pro-bundle/

Looks kinda whack but what do I know. It's a shame because Sony did some special GOW red PSP and PS3 models that looked really sleek.

DanZX
May 5, 2015

socialsecurity posted:

It does not, which is some BS. The Royal version does have all the DLC and Royal Content for 50 bucks or you can upgrade your base FFXV for 25 for season pass and 20 for royal edition so 45 bucks, yes it's kinda annoying.

The royal pack alone is 15$. Is it worth that much? I sure as hell would like to know because I already own the game, the season pass and by God I want to play this dumb anime game but I've been pushing it down my backlog waiting for all the DLC to be released.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

man nurse posted:

I’m in the same boat. I don’t hate it, but I also don’t see why everyone loves it the way they do. I found it firmly “okay”.

You and everyone else involved in gaming criticism. The entire industry simultaneously revised their hype about it by the end of 2017. I would say it's a beautiful and very respectable first-try at open world.

Game's got almost nothing on Monster Hunter tho.

SubponticatePoster posted:

:laffo:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I misuse that word out of habit.

I don't understand why you are so dead set on comparing MH to HZD because, A. they are nothing alike and B. Horizon is way better than MH

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The ps store said if I like MHW I should get Dark Souls, it didn't say anything about Horizon. :v:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I hate open world games with a fiery passion and I loved HZD. Unlike the absolute garbage that Ubisoft pumps out year after year, it had great characters and really fun gameplay. You couldn't pay me to play an Assassin's Creed game

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I hate open world games with a fiery passion and I loved HZD. Unlike the absolute garbage that Ubisoft pumps out year after year, it had great characters and really fun gameplay. You couldn't pay me to play an Assassin's Creed game

The standalone DLC for Black Flag was pretty good and also free.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

DanZX posted:

The royal pack alone is 15$. Is it worth that much? I sure as hell would like to know because I already own the game, the season pass and by God I want to play this dumb anime game but I've been pushing it down my backlog waiting for all the DLC to be released.

Just play the game. The story DLC (Episodes) are their own thing that happen parallel to the main game and are launched from the main menu anyway.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Witcher 3 broke me on massive open-world fantasy games, and HZD, while a very good game, still have you harvesting bear asses and moose knuckles and is far more gimmick laden than is necessary.

You could remove a ton of stuff from HZD and The Witcher and they’d be better games, but as they are HZD has better combat and character designs and The Witcher 3 might be the best written video game ever compared to HZD which is written merely okay-to-very-good.

Monster Hunter is seemingly a collection of things I don’t like in action games as a solid game, so I just ignore it. Whoever asked for that low octane, slow and methodical action game, ur a nerd.

DanZX
May 5, 2015

kirbysuperstar posted:

Just play the game. The story DLC (Episodes) are their own thing that happen parallel to the main game and are launched from the main menu anyway.

I guess but you have to admit playing the game at release date and playing it now with all the updates and DLC make it a different experience. The ability to play with the other characters and other changes make it seem like a way better experience imo.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

RBA Starblade posted:

The standalone DLC for Black Flag was pretty good and also free.

Black flag itself was great for the most part. It was a great turning point for the series where they could shrug off the assassin bullshit and just do whatever...oh guess they didnt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

The ps store said if I like MHW I should get Dark Souls, it didn't say anything about Horizon. :v:

Playstation has some bush league recommendations. Steam on the other hand knows what I really want, and recommends me anime dating sims because I play S.T.A.L.K.E.R.