Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

why bother? when the patch hits, you can just extract both the audio files and the text dialogue before you're even able to log into the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Tae posted:

At this point, I'm tempted to being the only one that didn't do Coil so I can compare what's the non-coil dialogue.
I think it was in that Famitsu interview that came out this week, but YoshiP was saying it effects how warmly Alisaie acts towards you, and there are actually 3 levels of warmth, depending on whether you did 2nd or final coil.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
The only version of the scene you'll be able to rewatch in the inn is the version you get if you haven't cleared Coil.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tae posted:

At this point, I'm tempted to being the only one that didn't do Coil so I can compare what's the non-coil dialogue.

It's going to be a single line of Alisaie thanking you for helping her out. Any more than that and people would complain, and they probably still will.

By all means please do Coil, but if you're thinking it's going to be a significant change to the dialogue then you're going to be disappointed.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I'm up for (more) coil this weekend, sure. Fair warning, I don't have Second or Final unlocked on my Excalibur character yet...

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I can help folks get their unsynced clears on Excal.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also if you really want to do Coil for the first time, I would strongly suggest doing it with people who are working on their relic. The newbie poetics are really helpful. I'd say most of the poetics for my 210 step were from coil carries.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

ilifinicus posted:

why bother? when the patch hits, you can just extract both the audio files and the text dialogue before you're even able to log into the game

Teach me your secrets

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

HenryEx posted:

Teach me your secrets
ffxiv explorer and remember which packed data file the crap you want is in

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SL the Pyro posted:

You're not wrong, Overpower provides more enmity than Tomahawk,

I knew it! I've been leveling a Maruader for a bit now and though I didn't see the numbers infront of me to prove it, tomahawk never seemed as effective as Overpower. for the same TP cost and everything. :psyduck:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Dukka posted:

Oh. I have that, but it hasn't been updated in almost a year and

doesn't exactly seem usable. I thought there was a different tool that works properly that i missed or something.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
shoutouts to nuru for the moogle snuggie hookup

i look dumb wearing it but it'll be good for my kid when she gets a little older

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Machado de Assis posted:

It's the only pre-HW content I haven't done, so I would definitely be interested, is there a linkshell or something we can use to coordinate?
Sunday Funday (aka the CT LS) might be the one you'd want to use - most of us in there were there for poetics bonus runs anyway and nobody really talks in it anymore.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I won't be home tonight to do so, but I'm pretty sure there are people with invite privs to Sunday Funday in each FC. I started that LS specifically for coil and CT runs so yes please join and use that linkshell for this purpose. If anyone can't get in just lemme know and I'll add you.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I would love to DPS T9-13, and would enjoy helping people get through T1-8 if they need. Only problem is I won't be home til Sunday evening.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

drunk asian neighbor posted:

I would love to DPS T9-13, and would enjoy helping people get through T1-8 if they need. Only problem is I won't be home til Sunday evening.

Don't worry friend, I'm sure you'll have a chance.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

HenryEx posted:

Teach me your secrets
Gotta compile yourself a fresh copy of SaintCoinach

Dukka posted:

that tool is p bad

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

ilifinicus posted:

Gotta compile yourself a fresh copy of SaintCoinach
that tool is p bad

I appreciate this. Now I can go back and read through job quest dialogue!

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

ilifinicus posted:

that tool is p bad
yea, but i wasn't really going to suggest a random forums user go grab and compile their own build of SC from a github repo

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Asimo posted:

Really? Summoner feels a lot like a copy paste of a classic Affliction warlock, outside of Dreadwyrm Trance. Have Warlocks changed/been stripped down enough the past few expansions that they're completely different now? Honest question, I haven't really touched WOW in ages.

Yeah, Warlock plays sort of like 2.0 Summoner. Shadow Priests play like Summoner with Enochian. I tried both and hated them, despite loving 2.0 and 3.0 Summoner.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I appreciate this. Now I can go back and read through job quest dialogue!

Garland tools has all quest dialogue available, and using it is probably a lot easier than SC.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Somebody was way too drat proud of themselves for that quest name.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Finally, a little culture in my anime dragon princess dress-up simulator.

vvv By far my favorite removed feature of 1.0 was the inclusion of quest names in the auto-translate dictionary, if only because inserting <Polishing the Mast> into linkshell chat was way more fun than actually playing the game.

Edit: This is probably why it was taken out. :v:

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 22, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SwissArmyDruid posted:

[timg]LITERALLY EVERY QUEST IN THE ENGLISH VERSION OF THE GAME[/timg]

Somebody was way too drat proud of themselves for that quest name.
Agreed.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

drunk asian neighbor posted:

To be fair, you can probably do Coil before you do the new msq even after the patch hits to get the new dialogue.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
iirc yoshi-p said there would be a third dialogue tree for people who had done second coil but not final, so if you really want to be the specialest snowflake maybe stop at t9

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
One of the Kobold quests is called No-good Zo Ga's Ambition, and even with all the puns in this game, that one still took me by surprise.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned
I'm a <cutie> but I'm up for doing final coil runs on Excalibur Sunday. I stopped at Phoenix which is I think 12? I can deeps or heal it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Zweihander01 posted:

To be fair, you can probably do Coil before you do the new msq even after the patch hits to get the new dialogue.

Pretty much. If you bring eight unsynched level 60s, t5/9/13 all go down stupidly fast, to the point that it's kind of sad that you can break or ignore every mechanic other than t9's meteors+golems phase.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Thundarr posted:

Pretty much. If you bring eight unsynched level 60s, t5/9/13 all go down stupidly fast, to the point that it's kind of sad that you can break or ignore every mechanic other than t9's meteors+golems phase.

T11 though :unsmigghh:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
I'm on excal and can tank, heal, or dps all 3 sets of coils at pretty much any time

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
So I got a free copy of this when I bought my graphics card a couple of years ago, played a month and shelved it because I had a little too much in life going on to throw into an MMO. Now I'm back and currently in the mid 30's with a Paladin. I'm on Excal and wondering which Goon FC to apply to or does it really not matter. Also glad the past couple pages have covered newer folk talking about doing Coil cause I'd like to do it at some point.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

T11 though :unsmigghh:

If everyone is in i220+ you can completely break the mechanics in this fight too.

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

So I got a free copy of this when I bought my graphics card a couple of years ago, played a month and shelved it because I had a little too much in life going on to throw into an MMO. Now I'm back and currently in the mid 30's with a Paladin. I'm on Excal and wondering which Goon FC to apply to or does it really not matter. Also glad the past couple pages have covered newer folk talking about doing Coil cause I'd like to do it at some point.

Come join us at TPT

We're a friendly bunch

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

It's fine in moderation, like the ASOIAF references (except Dusk Vigil, which is just references stacked on top of references).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Thundarr posted:

Don't elements still murder you in T9?

I've only ever done it unsynced with 4 people, not 8, but it seemed like we were going slowly enough that even doubling our DPS you'd still have to do fire in fire out. At four people though you just stack all together and accept that thunder is gonna paralyze you.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

I've only ever done it unsynced with 4 people, not 8, but it seemed like we were going slowly enough that even doubling our DPS you'd still have to do fire in fire out. At four people though you just stack all together and accept that thunder is gonna paralyze you.

8 unsynched 60s will bypass all mechanics in t9 other than meteors.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

cheetah7071 posted:

Unsynched with eight people, she will die so fast that maybe one fire and one ice will go out, if that.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Fire and ice can still murder you in T9, yes, but that phase of the fight has to last long enough for them to do so. Assuming your eight 60s are actually all alive and aren't thoroughly incompetent at DPS going into that phase, the boss should go down during or (if your DPS are more on the "good" than the "not incompetent" side of things) before the second fire.

Now, if you're stumbling through with a half-dead group or people who can't DPS if their lives depended on it, then yes, fire and ice and divebombs are as capable of murdering people as they always have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

hobbesmaster posted:

If everyone is in i220+ you can completely break the mechanics in this fight too.

Tethers are still a thing though that requires some coordination or people are gonna die.

• Locked thread