Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

*SQUEAK*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I like Deku's "this bitch" face at the mob being like "Yeah, well maybe she should stop being a mutant if she doesn't want to be discriminated against."

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Also this is all overshadowing the cute giant mutant lady Deku rescues. I have no idea what she is supposed to be though.

I thought she was a shark at first, now I have no idea beyond miscellaneous rodent. Maybe that's why they mistook her for a monster.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Fabricated posted:

Also this is all overshadowing the cute giant mutant lady Deku rescues. I have no idea what she is supposed to be though.
Deku using float to get high enough to hold the umbrella over her is adorable.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

New Vigilantes!

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-vigilantes-chapter-100/chapter/22377?action=read

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

VIGILANTES #100!

Oh no, the city is being attacked by Anonymous!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm sorry is the time traveling bakugo thing predicated entirely on this guy having similar hair despite he doesn't seem to know who Deku is and at the rate this story is going introducing time travel is just not going to be a thing

like is this a thing people unironically buy into

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

My prediction for Vigilantes is that Koichi will be given the chance to drop the Crawler persona and have it reported as mistaken identity, because it doesn't seem like he's getting out of this, and he isn't the type to go on the run.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blockhouse posted:

I'm sorry is the time traveling bakugo thing predicated entirely on this guy having similar hair despite he doesn't seem to know who Deku is and at the rate this story is going introducing time travel is just not going to be a thing

It's quite silly

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Sweet car All Might.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Blockhouse posted:

I think it's just one of those absurd jokes that people kept repeating until they unironically began to wish it was real.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Viz chapter link doesn't work

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Flesnolk posted:

Viz chapter link doesn't work

It just worked for me, try clicking it again

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Kanos posted:

I think it's just one of those absurd jokes that people kept repeating until they unironically began to wish it was real.

I don't even remember if it started off as a joke or a "legitimate" theory but I feel like it's a meme at this point.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Vigilantes is so good, y'all. :3:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

christmas boots posted:

I don't even remember if it started off as a joke or a "legitimate" theory but I feel like it's a meme at this point.

Just like the traitor subplot

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blockhouse posted:

It’s more than the hair. He has a similar face, gauntlets, and personality too.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RatHat posted:

It’s more than the hair. He has a similar face, gauntlets, and personality too.

the dude has like three lines come on

also he doesn't know who deku is

also also deku would have recognized bakugo, or would have ending this chapter realizing that one of his new quirks is Explosion

all of the evidence is extremely superficial

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm just memeing, but I did meme myself into believing it a little bit. Not a lot, but I will say I always knew if it somehow turns out to be true.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

People also thought the other guy was Kirishima. It was a dumb theory.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

We're all ignoring the most significant detail here

All Might's sick loving whip

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Doc Fission posted:

We're all ignoring the most significant detail here

All Might's sick loving whip

All Might has Bruce Wayne money

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

If anything it reminds me of the jojo theory of "Josuke was rescued by his time-traveling future self"

That is to say, its dumb and mostly based on two characters looking vaguely similar

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
It's because people are racist and think all Japanese people look the same.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Arzaac posted:

If anything it reminds me of the jojo theory of "Josuke was rescued by his time-traveling future self"

That is to say, its dumb and mostly based on two characters looking vaguely similar

The thing about Josuke's backstory that makes it sillier is that Koichi has no idea what the guy looks like, so he's superimposing a mental image of Josuke over the person in the flashback.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Arzaac posted:

I'm still almost positive that this was going to be where that was headed. At the time. But whether the story changed as Araki wrote the characters and plot, or maybe he just realized how dumb and boring that'd be: it didn't.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

I'm just memeing, but I did meme myself into believing it a little bit. Not a lot, but I will say I always knew if it somehow turns out to be true.

The thing is Tobi = Obito was a meme too. Alot of people just kind of ironically believed it up until we got close to the reveal. So a theory seeming to be too silly and too simple to be true doesn't really discount it.

Didn't the Dabi Todoroki theory also start just because he was a guy with a fire quirk? Look where that went.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

How is All Might going to fit that girl into his luxury car?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Eggplant Squire posted:

Maybe it's a convertible?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Nephthys posted:

Didn't the Dabi Todoroki theory also start just because he was a guy with a fire quirk? Look where that went.

I mean, that and the fact that Dabi explicitly said his real identity was a secret he wasn't willing to share, which puts it out there immediately for fans that it's a secret worth knowing (compared to how nobody know who Mr. Compress was but it wasn't a subject of fan speculation because he never brought it up). Fire quirk + "Who I really am is important but I'm not going to tell you" = a fairly logical jump to Secret Todoroki.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Let's not forget all the people that are convinced All For One is Deku's dad because Star Wars reference.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

CuwiKhons posted:

I mean, that and the fact that Dabi explicitly said his real identity was a secret he wasn't willing to share, which puts it out there immediately for fans that it's a secret worth knowing (compared to how nobody know who Mr. Compress was but it wasn't a subject of fan speculation because he never brought it up). Fire quirk + "Who I really am is important but I'm not going to tell you" = a fairly logical jump to Secret Todoroki.

The 2nd OfA wielders identity was also weirdly concealed though, so it kind of is a pretty similar set up. Hopefully debunked now though since Deku would recognise him otherwise. I'm not sure why Hori made it into a mystery tbh.

Rhonne posted:

Let's not forget all the people that are convinced All For One is Deku's dad because Star Wars reference.

Ironically still holding out for that one. It's another case where Deku's dad is missing and unexplained and All for One's identity has been concealed so fans naturally make a connection. Though All for One being shown with baby toys in his lair and the 1st OfA wielder having the exact same eye color as Deku are fairly sus to be honest.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Eggplant Squire posted:

Bigger on the inside, like all cars in anime

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way there's a mobile game coming out, it looks pretty ambitious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpjhLoW052o

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nephthys posted:

Ironically still holding out for that one. It's another case where Deku's dad is missing and unexplained and All for One's identity has been concealed so fans naturally make a connection. Though All for One being shown with baby toys in his lair and the 1st OfA wielder having the exact same eye color as Deku are fairly sus to be honest.

Plus minor details like them both being unable to tie a proper tie, sitting in similar poses, and if you take the anime to be canon, they have inverted color palettes.

And then you take in account that one of the OfA wielders was Shigaraki's ancestor...

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

My crackpot theory is that AFO isn’t Deku’s dad, but rather the progenitor of Deku’s father’s side of the family. It would be stupid, but it would fall in line with cribbing stuff from Star Wars :v:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Carlosologist posted:

My crackpot theory is that AFO isn’t Deku’s dad, but rather the progenitor of Deku’s father’s side of the family. It would be stupid, but it would fall in line with cribbing stuff from Star Wars :v:

What would the point of this be? I can imagine AFO dramatically revealing it only for Deku to go "...so?"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Horikoshi's doing sketches again:

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1385872695888277505?s=20

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1385903120140488706?s=20

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

RatHat posted:

What would the point of this be? I can imagine AFO dramatically revealing it only for Deku to go "...so?"

Yes, exactly :v:

Deku’s dad is irrelevant to the story, and All Might’s pretty much taken that position anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Yes, exactly :v:

Deku’s dad is irrelevant to the story, and All Might’s pretty much taken that position anyway

And now he has 3 more dads!