Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aspergeoisie
Jun 6, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I just started playing the game again and have been having some pretty bad FPS issues that weren't present before. My PC's kind of old (i5-3570k and a GTX 650 ti boost) but I used to play with a constant 60-80 FPS on ultra. Now the game drops to 30ish after 2 minutes in game on everything low (the settings don't actually seem to matter; ultra will go from 60 to 30 just like low does). Anyone know what changed or if there are solutions to this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Did they ever fix that Mei skin with the hosed up back and giant rear end?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

They did fix the skin, but only the part where her waist was shrunk horizontally. Apparently the weird geometry at the back is intentional.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I don't think i'll ever understand how people can look at a game and notice things like that.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Slime posted:

A few characters have really weird anatomy and apparently aren't cyborgs though. Pharah looks like her limbs are robot parts but apparently they aren't, Hanzo's ankles are ridiculously tiny, Lucio has weird legs that really don't look like it's just something he's wearing...and that's not even starting to get into the hosed up spines.

It always blows my mind when people look at the characters in this and, apart from Hanzo's weird chicken legs, think they all have robo limbs.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Zarya: "Tracer you need to switch"
"I have gold elims. And it's not like, 7, it's 40."
Zarya: "medals don't mean anything"
*i don't switch, round goes on for a couple minutes*
McCree: "Tracer you need to switch"
"Are you kidding me? McCree you were just getting solo'd in the back by DVa until I saved you. DVa is owning you she's been BMing you in all chat since last round!"
Someone else: "Tracer switch"

God drat it.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Dren posted:

God drat it.

Tracer, switch.

edit: also the zarya's not wrong medals really don't mean anything

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 21, 2017

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Dren posted:

God drat it.

Your mistake here is getting in a pissing contest about medals instead of just telling them "no" as soon as they demanded it instead of asking politely.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

mute both text and voice chat and move on with your life, focusing on your personal performance

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I couldn't believe the McCree getting on me right after I saved him from the DVa who was BMing him. Tbf it wasn't a great round for me but it wasn't bad enough that I was losing it for us.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Dren posted:

I couldn't believe the McCree getting on me right after I saved him from the DVa who was BMing him. Tbf it wasn't a great round for me but it wasn't bad enough that I was losing it for us.

I know. I understand, kinda. But it's the Overwatch equivalent of someone telling you about a dream they had, it's almost impossible to care about it.

f1av0r
Jan 13, 2008
Blizzard should make switch autocorrect into the gg ez phrases

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
If somebody tells me specifically to swap, I actually quite often do. If we lose harder, I can be smug about how I wasn't the problem. If we start winning, I get to feel good about finding a comp that works. Win win.

I find this avoids toxicity and sets a positive trend in the game. People who don't swap get mad because they feel persecuted, and the people saying swap get mad because they aren't being listened to. But if you just go with it, more people are suddenly willing to try and switch things up to find what works.

I'll admit this is less of a problem for me as I usually play heroes that aren't the stand out people "to be blamed" like Soldier/Zarya/Ana. Closest thing I have is when I play D.va and people get a bit antsy about how that's not Reinhardt.

I'm mostly just a Soldier main, but I'll usually swap if somebody wants him because they think they can do better after we go 0-1 in KotH. I know there's about a 90%+ chance that they can't, but I find that it works better to just build a better atmosphere than jealously guard my pick. After all they may just be a little worse than me, but I might be way better than them at whatever they were playing, so it's a net gain. The only time I get salty is when the 6th person to pick just picks 3rd DPS into a lineup with 1 support and then tells other people to switch. Uhhhh this is an electronic queue buddy and you were at the back of the line. YOU GET THE LEFTOVERS.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Guys I know the best things to do are either swap or mute chat. I actually did end up swapping. Sometimes i would rather confront the attitude against the heroes that are easy to blame like Tracer because it's lovely that you can just pick soldier or McCree or whatever and pretty much no matter how poo poo you are no one will complain.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Yesterday some guy called me "absolute garbage" because I tried to break it down to help us take Anubis point A but I was knocked up into the air and then sniped by a Hanzo as I Q'd :shrug:

Also the other day I was on Mercy and a Tracer stuck me as I was flying to my team and I let go of shift as soon as I realized it but I still got too close and everyone blamed me for losing :haw:

I love playing support

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice
If you click the little arrow next to their name and view profile then switch it to current competitive season you can see their one-trick best heroes. Letting them play that usually gives you the best chance at winning.

Maybe also switch it to games won since a lot of soldier mains have like a 40% winrate, but good luck getting them off that cross

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Ehud posted:

Also the other day I was on Mercy and a Tracer stuck me as I was flying to my team and I let go of shift as soon as I realized it but I still got too close and everyone blamed me for losing :haw:

Look at it this way, the sheer joy a Tracer player feels when this happens pretty much makes up for a whole team's worth of tilt.

You made somebody's day. :unsmith:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I don't like playing comp.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Dren posted:

Guys I know the best things to do are either swap or mute chat. I actually did end up swapping. Sometimes i would rather confront the attitude against the heroes that are easy to blame like Tracer because it's lovely that you can just pick soldier or McCree or whatever and pretty much no matter how poo poo you are no one will complain.

People will blame you if there's a Pharah on the other team and you're playing Soldier. I got complained at for not killing a Pharah after I killed her and then a Mercy rezzed her.

Also I'd like to just play Zenyatta but everyone wants there to be a Mercy on the team. She's boring, let me just play a fun character :/

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Heliotrope posted:

People will blame you if there's a Pharah on the other team and you're playing Soldier. I got complained at for not killing a Pharah after I killed her and then a Mercy rezzed her.

Also I'd like to just play Zenyatta but everyone wants there to be a Mercy on the team. She's boring, let me just play a fun character :/

Just play the fun character. Mute anyone that complains.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Ehud posted:

I hooked a DVa right as she ulted and killed half my team, including myself. It got play of the game :haw:

We still won though, so it was more funny then anything else

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I do that all the time, its hilarious.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
After diamond people start to understand that pharmercy is not a solo soldier job

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i would like to postulate that pharah is an annoying rear end character to play against no matter which character you're playing

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG3L7kvQFWU

I didn't think bronze was real.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The thing that bugs me is getting tunnel vision as S:76 when I'm hunting Pharah or dueling her and then one of her teammates dives me and then my team sees me due to Pharah and starts bitching.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Looking forward to a low-damage lock-on class that disables healing to whatever target it's currently shooting. Gotta please the denziens and nerf Pharah somehow.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
Well finally got enough non sucky internet to play Overwatch - After a 12 hour updatefest,

I managed to connect to the EU servers at a 35 ping and tried my luck on quickplay, first at 5am UK time - Lost 4 Matches in a row mainly due to the other players sucking big time (i was zen) but like eichenwald where the enemy team just walked it straight to the end with no pauses or delays.

I then tried mid afternoon and won 6 games in a row, I still have it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Thor-Stryker posted:

Looking forward to a low-damage lock-on class that disables healing to whatever target it's currently shooting. Gotta please the denziens and nerf Pharah somehow.

That legitimately sounds like a good idea. A class entirely about positioning and forcing your enemy to relocate or die (slowly) could be fun to play about with.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i would like to postulate that pharah is an annoying rear end character to play against no matter which character you're playing

Just pressing E on her as Zen is enough to psych a lot of aggressive pharahs into hiding and jumping at her as Winston is fun and largely risk free.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

wit posted:

Just pressing E on her as Zen is enough to psych a lot of aggressive pharahs into hiding and jumping at her as Winston is fun and largely risk free.

During my games, i usually press E on the mercy when its a phar-mercy combo, as if you take the Mercy down the Pharah is sure to follow.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

The D.va plays are my favourite. They must just be thinking "drat D.va is so underpowered, this is ridiculous" *continues to hold M1*

What is damage dropoff again?

wit
Jul 26, 2011

TheresaJayne posted:

During my games, i usually press E on the mercy when its a phar-mercy combo, as if you take the Mercy down the Pharah is sure to follow.
Well yeah, focus the pocket healer, I'm just mentioning ways to give Pharah a bad day since she seems to intimidate the hell out of teams.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
These days if i'm truly having problems with a Pharah i'll swap to widow, take a few poorly aimed bodyshots at her and wait for her to swap. They always swap, I don't even need to kill them.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Linx posted:

The D.va plays are my favourite. They must just be thinking "drat D.va is so underpowered, this is ridiculous" *continues to hold M1*

What is damage dropoff again?

From my experience fighting and playing D.Va, 0.5dps past three meters.

Infinite ammo, though.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
i kill more pharas in comp as Ana than the 76/mccree, if there are any. feels so good

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

von Braun posted:

i kill more pharas in comp as Ana than the 76/mccree, if there are any. feels so good

To be fair, you do more in a single shot that either of the hitscans at the typical engagement range for a Pharah and you have a scope.

I really want ana's scope, but on widowmaker.

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

After diamond people start to understand that pharmercy is not a solo soldier job

This, so loving hard. If you're not a really superb shot with either Soldier or McCree, you can't do it alone, and I try to help my snipers by bullying Pharmercy as much as possible as D.Va. There's too many D.Va players ignoring vertical combat!

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
when it comes to pharmercy. focus the one with the glowing wings first. otherwise you are wasting your time with peashots on pharah yes shes the dangerous one...but only because she is being protected and enhanced. rank be damned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Sure are a lot of overly aggressive Lucio and sniper Dva's in that video :allears:

With Lucio you can tell they watch DPStanky or something and try to emulate his playstyle, with Dva i can only imagine it's because the game isn't really telling you you're NOT doing damage by shooting that far away, you still get the hit marks and you can see their health going down so clearly somthing is working here!