Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Starmaker posted:

I can't wait until Trump starts a nuclear war and we can all finally loving die

Be the change you want to see in the world!

https://www.change.org/p/donald-trump-please-lord-trump-deploy-the-mirvs-and-end-our-suffering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Please tell the Trump aides that the White House doesn't count toward "being put in a home"

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/Susan_Hennessey/status/883063082448191489

He'll probably just bail after the first day anyway.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/883071320774324224

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

How does this dumbass manage to feed himself?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Robot Hobo posted:

The bonus to this scenario is that Donald Trump would suddenly find himself almost powerless, no longer completely surrounded by Republican lackeys who praise and defend him, stuck in a job he hates, with people shooting down his demands non-stop.

It would be his own, personal Hell.

If the Democrats somehow get 51 in the Senate I could honestly see Trump signing lots of Democratic legislation. :v: He has basically no ideology or principles other than "Trump good" and it might not be too hard to get him on board with looking like a visionary bipartisan uniting leader.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Office Pig posted:

As has been the topic many times over, quite poorly.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Like a 4 year old with leverage on their baby sitter

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

While I'm happy they may finally be dropping The gently caress Everyone Act of 2017, I have to laugh at the Republicans being unable to do their core campaign pledge with full control of both houses and the presidency.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Ahh word. Who could have guessed healthcare was so hard.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Jaxyon posted:

While I'm happy they may finally be dropping The gently caress Everyone Act of 2017, I have to laugh at the Republicans being unable to do their core campaign pledge with full control of both houses and the presidency.

Don't forget eight years of planning

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Don't forget eight years of planning

That's an unwarranted assumption.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

their plan was to obstruct another dem for eight years things didn't shake out the way they figured. it's why ratface is on fox news now.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

I really, really hope they fail. I really, really hope they give up. I really, really hope we aren't going to be screaming in terror in a few weeks when they turn it all around at the last second like in the house.

But, I have trouble hoping anymore.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Office Pig posted:

How many years ago do you think was the last time Trump prepared food?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Office Pig posted:

You think he feeds himself?

He's probably never poured his own cereal.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Mitch McConnell: "This dog poo really is quite foul, as warned."

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Jaxyon posted:

It almost has me at a point where I have to believe this is part of some larger scheme, because how can all these grown people fail so bad at their pet project?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

radmonger posted:

The only way there is going to be an election in 2018 is if Trump is actually impeached and removed from office.

Ok, that's not literally true, there is also the possibility that he is innocent of anything meaningful. But if he is guilty of anything that would get a rich person jail time, then those complicit in preventing him being punished are not going to just leave office and join him in jail.

Normally, there are forces that would make an election happen on schedule against the will of the legislature. By definition, If Trump stays in office while guilty, then those forces have been defeated, and likely taken out the back and shot.

you're a lunatic, hth

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Haha, he's such a sad turtle.

So say it doesn't happen. What does that mean for 2018? Can Democrats still effectively hang this abortion of a bill around their necks?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The great thing about the healthcare bill failing is that everyone involved knew it was a poo poo bill. That why it was made in secret and they tried to rush it through before the CBO score. They just thought they were so powerful that they could just throw whatever they want around and get it passed. Now they have their hands in the meat grinder and it's beautiful.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Alter Ego posted:

So say it doesn't happen. What does that mean for 2018? Can Democrats still effectively hang this abortion of a bill around their necks?

Worked with Cap and Trade.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Alter Ego posted:

If they're smart, yes. So, no.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

If AHCA fails then Republicans want to pass a "repeal" bill that's just an ACA stabilization bill and either use tax cuts to get conservatives or try to change ACA less and woo democrats.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

If AHCA fails then Republicans want to pass a "repeal" bill that's just an ACA stabilization bill and either use tax cuts to get conservatives or try to change ACA less and woo democrats.

Schumer has kept a fairly tight leash on the Democrats. Any of them who work with Trump on this will suffer electorally for it, even Joe Manchin.

Plus, I don't think Republicans are capable at this point of pushing anything through that isn't incredibly odious. They have to please Ted Cruz and Mike Lee, remember?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It's almost like trying to ram through a super awful bill that nobody wants is hard?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I'm loving that McConnell waited til Trump was out of the country to drop this bomb

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

guys i'm still lollin that hobby lobby bought artifacts from isis.

same. it's like some indiana jones bullshit and its funny as hell

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

Schumer has kept a fairly tight leash on the Democrats. Any of them who work with Trump on this will suffer electorally for it, even Joe Manchin.

If McConnell offers the mythical "repeal Obamacare but keep the ACA" bill, is it worth killing it? I honestly can't make up my mind.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Red Baron posted:

It almost has me at a point where I have to believe this is part of some larger scheme, because how can all these grown people fail so bad at their pet project?

Because the country via the flawed EC called their bluff accidentally.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

...and yet he persisted.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Alter Ego posted:

That's far too effective a strategy to ever be considered by the Dems' old guard

They'll probably run a "Hillary should have won" campaign, or double down on Donald Trump's foul character, or something equally stupid

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
So what is going to leak tomorrow during Trump's meeting with Putin?

Kushner on tape with Russians talking about twitter/facebook botnets?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i was so happy when it turned out kushner had a nerd voice.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Hopefully putin drops the pee tape to CNN during the meeting lol

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
The GOP was always hosed on healthcare. That's what happens when you oppose a solution that rightfully was theirs to begin with just because black man, white house

Now it's just them instead of everyone.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

i was so happy when it turned out kushner had a nerd voice.

In a different dimension, Kushner is the guy on voice-chat in an MMO guild loudly and very angrily lamenting that he cannot loving BELIEVE this. It is NOT FAIR what they did to WIZARDS they are supposed to be DPS not meta-support what the gently caress. *sound of fist on desk, hatefully gulps Mt. Dew*

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Alter Ego posted:

Plus, I don't think Republicans are capable at this point of pushing anything through that isn't incredibly odious. They have to please Ted Cruz and Mike Lee, remember?

The whole point of working with Dems is that they don't have to please the crazies to get it passed, just assemble enough "moderate" republicans and democrats to get to 50 votes

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Maybe we should have just handed the entire government over to the Republicans years ago, since that seems to be the most reliable way to defeat them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of CNN what the gently caress is going on with this Reddit user thing

Manufactured controversy, real controversy, or a mix of the two? I've only seen the CHUD POV on it so I'm pretty sure I don't have the whole story.

• Locked thread