Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

akadajet posted:

why though?
raft powerlevelling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

:siren: NEW BOBBY FINGERS :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RIEPKEhE2s

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

oh my god that's a perfect one to do

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

haha

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i should start programming shaders again. it's the only coding effort worth a darn

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Good Bad Boys :madmax:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

akadajet posted:

why though?

so you can have a hand free to write down notes (JRPGs were full of stuff you wanted to remember) , eat snacks while playing without having to worry about pausing or Cheeto dust getting in your controller, I guess jerk off to anime girls/guys if that’s your thing, etc.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

my son is also named

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I remember that thing. To be honest it would be way better for your thumb & wrists than that loving tiny NES/Famicom controller.

that being said, since I was a JRPG fiend in the Super Famicom era, I really wanted to get one of these but when I finally found a place that had them it was a bit to much $.

A one-handed SNES controller (the 4 action buttons were on the lower rear) made specifically for RPGs.

edit: the switches on the front there are 'turbo' toggles.

edit 2: the back

I had the ASCII Grip, the American PS1 version of this. It was absolutely golden for JRPG's; I played through hundreds of hours of them with it. It was an absolute dream to use, you could just hold it by your side while sitting on the couch. This one is a Japanese version but you get the picture:

They made a second version when the DualShock came out that had an analog stick, and the ability to switch the stick between analog and traditional for games that might not support it for whatever reason:

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I remember that thing. To be honest it would be way better for your thumb & wrists than that loving tiny NES/Famicom controller.

that being said, since I was a JRPG fiend in the Super Famicom era, I really wanted to get one of these but when I finally found a place that had them it was a bit to much $.

A one-handed SNES controller (the 4 action buttons were on the lower rear) made specifically for RPGs.

edit: the switches on the front there are 'turbo' toggles.

edit 2: the back

when i had surgery done on my hand and wanted to play emulators while recovering, did the bargain bin version of this (remapping controls on a PS3 controller)

it was nice!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Do not bang your head too hard.

i guess thats for spilling the tea

Kenny Logins posted:

raft powerlevelling

i get terra to level 22 which is when she learns fire 2, great for the battle at narshe

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

my brother was working that ride the day that happened. he got interviewed by one of the local news stations about it

i on the other hand wasn't allowed to go to busch gardens that year cause my friend got busted stealing poo poo there while i was with him and i got in trouble with my parents for some reason

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

drachen fire was the first coaster i was brave enough to try that had a loop. pops and i rode it three times in a row that day. later it was torn down because it was giving people neck injuries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKfSC3_LUtA

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

oh my god that's a perfect one to do

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Large Testicles posted:

my brother was working that ride the day that happened. he got interviewed by one of the local news stations about it

i on the other hand wasn't allowed to go to busch gardens that year cause my friend got busted stealing poo poo there while i was with him and i got in trouble with my parents for some reason

it wasn't a freak incident and it's going to happen again

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

gently caress yeah

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

no spoilers pls i am saving that for the weekend

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Beve Stuscemi posted:

my son is also named

lol. what the gently caress are you powering with 5v 500ma on poe?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Edgar pls

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

graph posted:

drachen fire was the first coaster i was brave enough to try that had a loop. pops and i rode it three times in a row that day. later it was torn down because it was giving people neck injuries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKfSC3_LUtA

i rode it so many times that i knew the trick on how not to get your head beat to poo poo and it was one of my favorite coasters

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

infernal machines posted:

lol. what the gently caress are you powering with 5v 500ma on poe?

here’s the thing. it has two usb A plugs for power, and it spits out 48v from that in some step up buck transformer witchcraft insanity.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Beve Stuscemi posted:

here’s the thing. it has two usb A plugs for power, and it spits out 48v from that in some step up buck transformer witchcraft insanity.

oh wow.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Well it's still only 5 watts, whether it's 2 x 5v x 500 mA or 48v x 105 mA.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

idk, maybe 90% of the volume is some weird-rear end condenser cap

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Beve Stuscemi posted:

my son is also named

this is the new version of the segakiller isnt it?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

make big products small? that’s unpossible!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

make big products small? that’s unpossible!

tell your mother to try wegovy

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

posting in style

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

it’s the “other trace amounts” that you really have to watch out for

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

axolotl farmer posted:

posting in style

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

Sagebrush posted:

Well it's still only 5 watts, whether it's 2 x 5v x 500 mA or 48v x 105 mA.

https://www.amazon.com/Procet-Gigabit-Splitter-IEEE802-3bt-PT-PTC-BT/dp/B07X46S3GD

60w of USB PD from PoE++

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
surprised that vintage of Song of the IBM doesn't lead with the Horst-Wessel-Lied

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

thanks. i think that's the 3rd dumb eBay purchase i've made because of this thread. (lytro illum, rca ap-1 and now ps-f5)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

first emoji set from 1988

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
santa is so tired of your bullshit