Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.
Howard Stern drilled Adam about Danny when Adam was on his show. Stern tried to get Adam to admit he hated Danny but Adam said he didn't and went into great detail as to why he didn't. It did come off very genuine and not some publicist fed BS. I mean we all know how Adam despises that stuff anyway. The guy always calls his own dad a pussy and didn't hold back when Drew was his partner so if he had any problems with Danny you figure we would have heard at least one rant on it by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolek
May 1, 2003

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

Howard Stern drilled Adam about Danny when Adam was on his show. Stern tried to get Adam to admit he hated Danny but Adam said he didn't and went into great detail as to why he didn't. It did come off very genuine and not some publicist fed BS. I mean we all know how Adam despises that stuff anyway. The guy always calls his own dad a pussy and didn't hold back when Drew was his partner so if he had any problems with Danny you figure we would have heard at least one rant on it by now.

That is precisely why I think he hates Danny. Everyone one he likes, Drew, Theresa, Kimmel, he busts their chops whenever they screw up. He also however has dinner with them, and calls them, and talks to them outside their work environment. Whenever Danny says something that interrupts Adam, or a complete non sequitur (read: all the time) Adam never says anything and just kind of silently moves on, like he would with a stupid comment a guest made. Plus he has made numerous comments about how annoying Danny is and how it was definitely not his idea that he come along.
Put yourself in his shoes, do you want to call someone a loving lunatic rear end in a top hat on Sterns radio show and then have to work with the guy for 4 hours every day?

Plus, how could you listen to the three previous shows and not concede that Bonaduce is a complete train wreck.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

Revol posted:

I think everybody is putting too much thought into Adam being absent, due to your preconceived opinions on the 'Duce.

He missed three shows including the ace awards and a live show. On top of that he didn't even bother to call into the show, but talked to Drew on his show for an hour. I'm pretty sure there is something going on behind the scene and if I had to take a wild guess I'd say it's about creative control.

Google Ron Paul
Jul 12, 2003

What was your face before Max Factor was born?
Adam is probably mad that they won't give Chief Thunderbear his own segment, those racists. :mad:

NANACHE!

flatFat
Apr 30, 2006

k

TylerDurden posted:

That is precisely why I think he hates Danny. Everyone one he likes, Drew, Theresa, Kimmel, he busts their chops whenever they screw up. He also however has dinner with them, and calls them, and talks to them outside their work environment. Whenever Danny says something that interrupts Adam, or a complete non sequitur (read: all the time) Adam never says anything and just kind of silently moves on, like he would with a stupid comment a guest made. Plus he has made numerous comments about how annoying Danny is and how it was definitely not his idea that he come along.
Put yourself in his shoes, do you want to call someone a loving lunatic rear end in a top hat on Sterns radio show and then have to work with the guy for 4 hours every day?

Plus, how could you listen to the three previous shows and not concede that Bonaduce is a complete train wreck.

This. He really does treat Danny like a guest that he's forced to be nice to. And of course on Loveline he always made it clear that he preferred the shows with no guests.

Adam even once explained on Loveline that with enough clout, you really don't have to hate your job or the people you work with. He considered Drew a friend and partner. So with Drew he had a very nice relaxing outlet for his ranting, and now he's pretty much forced to be "on" at all times, grinning and bearing it with this moron of a sidekick.

As much as he complained about Loveline while he was on it, maybe he's now finally realizing he was happiest there. Here's hoping for a permanent Adam and Drew reunion!

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe
The conversation Drew and Adam had about the 70s and then raising kids was great. They really are a good combination.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Been listening to 2004-01-07. Oh god, these are all so funny. I think I could spend all my time listening to one episode after another. Who knows how long that could last, what with how many 2-hour shows they did.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Uppity Negro posted:

Been listening to 2004-01-07. Oh god, these are all so funny. I think I could spend all my time listening to one episode after another. Who knows how long that could last, what with how many 2-hour shows they did.

I listened to all the shows in the archive in about 3-4 months (yay self employment). I listened to about three shows a day. The best part is listening to a few later shows (especially the last two), then when you go through the shows in order you hear the origins of drops ("Are you a morman?", DAG's "SHUT UP!") and things like Ace's Mexican Accordion Ranchero Countdown and Germany or Florida.

It's such a fun show and I've learned so much from it I wish it could be required listening for everyone. As an atheist I especially loved Adam's rants against religion from a lay-man's perspective. He doesn't know anything about how the bacterial flagellum formed and doesn't know (or care, I suspect) who Richard Dawkins is, but he gets nails the points so well that it is a joy to listen to.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

Lefty_dude posted:

For those lazy enough not to download stuff or are at work or something, I found a shoutcast stream that plays a random episode at:

http://challenger.phil21.net:8000/listen.pls

p.s You're GAY

I've been using this for quite awhile and I can't say how fantastic it is. I stream using TVersity and then pick it up wifi on my PSP, so I can listen while going to sleep. Man its perfect execpet for the fact that I don't sleep because I'm laughing too much.

stealth edit: The other night I was listening and they threw a really old show up with Riki, Adam, and Drew, Wow Riki used to rule that show while Adam and Drew would sort of sit there.
edit2: It was from 1995 since the commercials (which were not removed) were talking about the release of 12 Monkeys.

Evil Vin fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Dec 16, 2007

Google Ron Paul
Jul 12, 2003

The February 26 2004 is killing me, I heard it come on the stream while i was going to sleep last night and it made me get up another half hour laughing.

It features this exchange:

Caller: :words:
Drew: Does your doctor--
Adam: Let me tell him.
Drew: (question)
Adam: Caller, (question)
Caller: (answer)
Drew: (something else medical)
Adam: Hey caller, Drew says you're a fag.

Ultimos
May 20, 2005

Desert Dwelling Scumbag
A couple of times there were shows where Adam or Drew went a little crazy because they were big fans of the guest's music. The only ones I can think of however were when Cheap Trick (Adam was ecstatic) and Offspring (Drew seems to be a big fan) came in. Anyone know any others?

Cody Watts
Jun 5, 2004
The internet makes you stupid.
During certain points in 2005, when Adam was in a good mood, he'd declare that it's "Finger Poppin' Time". If you're like me, you've been curious about what the hell he's referring to. I'm pretty sure it's this.

The Mic
Aug 27, 2003

Over the hills and far away
Just started listening to Loveline in archive form, and I loving loathe Styrker (because he sucks and because he spells his name like a human being) and Danny Bonaduce for being a no talent jack off.

I just wish Adam and Drew would get back together and everything would be like it was. :(

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Ultimos posted:

A couple of times there were shows where Adam or Drew went a little crazy because they were big fans of the guest's music. The only ones I can think of however were when Cheap Trick (Adam was ecstatic) and Offspring (Drew seems to be a big fan) came in. Anyone know any others?

mighty mighty bosstones and cake

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Gentleman, we have seen the future.

Rushmore posted:

mighty mighty bosstones and cake

Carolla is good friends with Dicky Barrett, so yea. WAAAAAGGHHH. Hearing andersons dicky drops never gets old.

When bad relgion came in Adam was real excited also.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Bumpon10s posted:

Carolla is good friends with Dicky Barrett, so yea. WAAAAAGGHHH. Hearing andersons dicky drops never gets old.

When bad relgion came in Adam was real excited also.

Yeah, i'm listening to 2003-02-26, the day before dicky is on, and anderson keeps playing the drops.

They also love system of a down. Hilarious shows.

Dr. Jack Griffin
Apr 6, 2006

Requesting the May 15, 2000 episode with Christopher Titus. Just heard it on Shoutcast, and not only do I love Titus, but the recording had an old commercial for the Cherry Poppin' Daddies. I met both these guys earlier this year so it'd be much appreciated.

Ramzi
Oct 10, 2004
The inner child of my soul was repeatedly gangbanged by a team of mall Santas.
I had the idea, but I'm not sure it exists, and I guess it couldn't hurt to ask here...

Are there any programs that could take an Mp3 and make a text transcript out of it? I know there are voice recognition softwares, and I think we could train it because of how much of Adam's voice we have. Even if it can't do the guests, having a program that could make transcripts of all the episodes would be really useful. I often find myself looking back for a certain call but I don't remember what episode, or what time in the episode, it occurred.

spl00zer
Sep 11, 2001

•‡•
One of the funniest episodes of all time - http://www.filelime.com/upload/files/Loveline_-_2000-10-25_Guest_-_Violent_J.mp3

Bolek
May 1, 2003

I'm listening to the show on the stream now, and the Aisha Tyler show from 050703 is great. I had forgotten how smart, lucid, nice and completely without ego she is. Really one of the best guests on Loveline.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ramzi posted:

I had the idea, but I'm not sure it exists, and I guess it couldn't hurt to ask here...

Are there any programs that could take an Mp3 and make a text transcript out of it? I know there are voice recognition softwares, and I think we could train it because of how much of Adam's voice we have. Even if it can't do the guests, having a program that could make transcripts of all the episodes would be really useful. I often find myself looking back for a certain call but I don't remember what episode, or what time in the episode, it occurred.

The biggest problem is the interruptions and half-words and such. I think it would probably be more work to sort through a botched transcript than transcribing manually, but it might be worth a try.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Ramzi posted:

If there were such a program all the people who do closed captioning for TV would be out of a job. The best you could do would be to train a speech-to-text program to your voice, then listen to the show and repeat everything that was said in your own voice. There's nothing that can do it automatically with any reliability.

Google Ron Paul
Jul 12, 2003

Carthag posted:

The biggest problem is the interruptions and half-words and such. I think it would probably be more work to sort through a botched transcript than transcribing manually, but it might be worth a try.

The DAG drops alone would cause it to explode.

spl00zer
Sep 11, 2001

•‡•
Is Adam really quitting his morning show? Saw this from another LL/TACS forum (fan messaged Douchebag on his MySpace page and Danny answered him DURING the show!):

http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=myspaceua7.jpg

Un-mode
Dec 20, 2006

spl00zer posted:

Is Adam really quitting his morning show? Saw this from another LL/TACS forum (fan messaged Douchebag on his MySpace page and Danny answered him DURING the show!):

http://fi.somethingawful.com/is/my.php?image=myspaceua7.jpg

Wow. That really makes it seem like something else is going on. Please, god, let Adam go back to loveline!

EDIT: Bonaduce is such a gigantic dickwad.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

spl00zer posted:

http://fi.somethingawful.com/is/my.php?image=myspaceua7.jpg

Wooohooo it seems I might be right. Adam calling in sick and then calling another radio show was what had me pretty sure in the first place. It is a very Adam Carolla "gently caress you buddy" thing to do.

You should X-post that in the thread about him leaving.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
Is there an archive of the old PSAs that would air during the show? I always loved the one with the teacher taking a class through a museum with things like fish and flowers, and the kids oohing and aahing over them.

"What's a flower?"

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Manos del Sino posted:

Is there an archive of the old PSAs that would air during the show? I always loved the one with the teacher taking a class through a museum with things like fish and flowers, and the kids oohing and aahing over them.

"What's a flower?"

My god that one grates on me.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

It seems like Adam hated a lot of the PSAs they played. "Your body's built for a lot of things, but unexpected turbulence isn't one of them."

When they aired that PSA on 9-12-2001, Adam was pretty pissed. He hated it anyway, but then he went on a rant about how bad of taste it was in to play it the day after the World Trade Center attack. It was kinda funny, but that was a real downer of a show. :(

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

2010: Year of M&M
"A party? Sounds like trouble..."

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

CaptainViolence posted:

It seems like Adam hated a lot of the PSAs they played.

Understatement of the century. I think he may hate PSAs more than left turn arrows and chicken poo poo tickets.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Wow, listening to Adam and Drew together again on Drew's show made me giddy. I may be seeing what I want to here, but it seems like there's a few subtle hints that they Adam may be leaving his show, and hopefully doing something with Drew again.

For instance when Drew asks Adam how he feels Adam replies: "Yeah, I felt bad in the morning, I feel better now, we'll see how I feel tomorrow." as if already saying he won't be in to his show the next day (which he wasn't).

When Drew cuts to the first break he says "I'm here with Adam and we're reliving, well lets be honest. We're rekindling the love, rekindling the love here." (rekindling because they're getting back together hopefully?) He makes the same comment later on as well.

The chemistry is there throughout the show too, it feels just like old times. Man, I know I'm reading entirely too much into this, but I can't help it, I really want Adam and Drew to work together again.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

From Wikipedia:

quote:

On the August 8, 2002 show, the Culver City Police Department entered the radio studio and performed a sobriety test on Adam while the live show continued to broadcast. This took place after Adam admitted on air to having eaten pot brownies earlier on an airplane flight.

Any information on this? Is it audible on the show itself? I'll probably end up downloading it, but I've been downloading a lot from the Archive lately and don't want to overuse the guy's bandwidth.

Jessi Bond
May 2, 2007

Daddy's girl's a fucking monster.

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Any information on this? Is it audible on the show itself? I'll probably end up downloading it, but I've been downloading a lot from the Archive lately and don't want to overuse the guy's bandwidth.

I listened to the recording recently - it seemed like the police arrived during a commercial break, and when they come back an officer does a sobriety test on Adam. He's perfectly calm during the whole proceedings, and then the officer says that, were he to pull Adam over, he wouldn't be able to ticket or arrest him since he is not showing any visible signs of impairment (although he is clearly intoxicated). There's not much discussion about it, and I don't even remember Adam talking about pot brownies.

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007

caffeinefree posted:

Adam Carolla didn't show up to his radio show today because he was sick, which doesn't sound like him. Regardless, if you want to hear how truly awful Bonaduce is I suggest you give today's podcast a listen

Also Dr. Drew has a new radio show :cool:

http://www.1260.am/programming/hosts/bios/?host=7

Adam calls in around 8ish minutes into the second hour :neckbeard:
"Reunited and it feels so good!"

quote:

There's not much discussion about it, and I don't even remember Adam talking about pot brownies.
He had been talking about how Jimmy gave him a pot brownie in the airport for at least a few minutes.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Puppy Galaxy posted:

From Wikipedia:

If you grab it from the loveline archive it's around 13 minutes in. The cop is an obvious fan or bit (although definitely a cop). I'm thinking fan since he sounds pretty young.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.

Hipporats posted:

When Drew cuts to the first break he says "I'm here with Adam and we're reliving, well lets be honest. We're rekindling the love, rekindling the love here." (rekindling because they're getting back together hopefully?) He makes the same comment later on as well.

Dr. Drew has ALWAYS been known to pick his words very carefully. There may be something to that.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

M3wThr33 posted:

Dr. Drew has ALWAYS been known to pick his words very carefully. There may be something to that.

I think it would be much too forward to get ones hopes up based on that comment. Sounds to me like Drew is ad-libbing cause he loves being on air with Adam again, and vice-versa. Doesn't sound like an encoded anouncement of a future co-host-ship of whatever it might be radio show to me.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

TortillaFactory posted:

I listened to the recording recently - it seemed like the police arrived during a commercial break, and when they come back an officer does a sobriety test on Adam. He's perfectly calm during the whole proceedings, and then the officer says that, were he to pull Adam over, he wouldn't be able to ticket or arrest him since he is not showing any visible signs of impairment (although he is clearly intoxicated). There's not much discussion about it, and I don't even remember Adam talking about pot brownies.
That one is ironed into my memory because I heard it live. The best part of the incident is Drew casually chatting with the cop as he performs the test. They talk about pupil responses and how they can tell that Adam is stoned due to physical symptoms rather than impairment. The whole thing is amazingly blase and it's brilliant.

A request that probably won't be granted: Sean Penn. Adam has mentioned a few times that he sometimes thinks twice before making fun of of people who live in LA because of the Sean Penn incident. Apparently Adam mocked him on-air and before the end of the show Penn was in the studio to call Adam out on it. Does this exist in archive form?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Grifter posted:

That one is ironed into my memory because I heard it live. The best part of the incident is Drew casually chatting with the cop as he performs the test. They talk about pupil responses and how they can tell that Adam is stoned due to physical symptoms rather than impairment. The whole thing is amazingly blase and it's brilliant.

A request that probably won't be granted: Sean Penn. Adam has mentioned a few times that he sometimes thinks twice before making fun of of people who live in LA because of the Sean Penn incident. Apparently Adam mocked him on-air and before the end of the show Penn was in the studio to call Adam out on it. Does this exist in archive form?

Just to makes sure, you're not thinking of David Arquette are you?

• Locked thread