Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
UFGT had a New Super Mario Bros Wii tournament that I think was linked earlier in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpVhgEUHxwU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Basewars has an SNES sequel?!

Edit: Oh, its NEO GEO and not a basewars sequel. Still, robot baseball!

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Sep 4, 2011

Shingin
Apr 14, 2005

Not the Red Comet

Gutcruncher posted:

UFGT had a New Super Mario Bros Wii tournament that I think was linked earlier in the thread.

Here's a link to if your still looking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9s2ZBpnMN8#t=2345s

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Gutcruncher posted:

Basewars has an SNES sequel?!

Edit: Oh, its NEO GEO and not a basewars sequel. Still, robot baseball!

DUDE. Super Baseball 2020 was also released on Genesis and Super NES! You need to google the rom and play the poo poo out of it! (Don't get the SNES version, it has a bunch of poo poo removed)

I wonder if it has GGPO support, now that I think about it...

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Sep 4, 2011

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

SWEET JESUS! Why isnt this in my collection RIGHT loving NOW?!

Edit: Thanks for the tip about the SNES version. Genesis it is!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Does anyone still have the .zip with all the CVS2 announcer voice clips?

Schmendrick
Aug 22, 2003

(Insert stupid MMO name here.)

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, east vs west coast: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/vf-tv-live

Are there even Final Showdown machines in NY or PA!?

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.

Cat Machine posted:

Does anyone still have the .zip with all the CVS2 announcer voice clips?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EVN87LXT

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

PalmTreeFun posted:

It looks like a slower VOOT with like three times the anime, generic-looking robots, and HUD elements. It doesn't look bad, I'd just rather play VOOT. Also VOOT is really well balanced, it's like the Guilty Gear of robot games.

VS is completely different from VOOT. High-level play involves boost management, boost manipulation, and boost judgement. The whole game revolves around the boost bar, how much of it you use for various techniques, and trying to figure out how much boost the enemy has, what his options are, and whether you can commit to a serious attack or not. VOOT is a much faster game revolving more around pure technique, skill and reactions, whereas VS is more about reading and judging (both) your opponents. Although it's a lot slower then VOOT even now, VS used to be atrociously slow. Check out RvZ2, which is like torture to play these days. But it was also a lot deeper and even more meticulous than the current VS games, since everything carried a risk as there was no cancel system. GvGN added the "NEXT dash" which is a free cancel that costs a chunk of boost, but before it was added the series was played extremely slowly and cautiously.

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010
What's a good way to buy a Madcatz stick in Canada? Their own store doesn't seem to ship here and there aren't any available on Amazon.ca. Is there a good alternative brand of stick or store that sells Madcatz stuff to Canada or am I out of luck?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Tried Tiger Direct or shopbot.ca?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Baconwich posted:

What's a good way to buy a Madcatz stick in Canada? Their own store doesn't seem to ship here and there aren't any available on Amazon.ca. Is there a good alternative brand of stick or store that sells Madcatz stuff to Canada or am I out of luck?
You just need to click the Canadian flag on the gameshark store now

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010
Well that was a lot easier than I thought, thanks!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

FZeroRacer posted:

FinestKO is streaming a couple of fighting games tournaments including...Catherine!

The best part is that Catherine looks to be a very good competitive game :psyduck:
This was fantastic and everyone who likes sweet commentary should watch it it. Catherine for Evo 2012.

Spaceship Zero
Jul 24, 2006

The soul of vengeance is a robot dinosaur
Just installed a TEasy Strike in my MvC2 TE

That poo poo is easy

You should do it, too

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Spaceship Zero posted:

Just installed a TEasy Strike in my MvC2 TE

That poo poo is easy

You should do it, too

What is it used for? I went to the website and it's freakin' terrible. It says how to install it, but not WHY you would install it.

The website says that this thing is for easy modding, but isn't installing it a mod in itself? :confused:

E: Please include examples of why you would purchase and install this product, thank you in advance.

Spaceship Zero
Jul 24, 2006

The soul of vengeance is a robot dinosaur

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

What is it used for? I went to the website and it's freakin' terrible. It says how to install it, but not WHY you would install it.

The website says that this thing is for easy modding, but isn't installing it a mod in itself? :confused:

E: Please include examples of why you would purchase and install this product, thank you in advance.

Turns a 360 TE into a 360/PS3 TE

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.
So here's a link that talks about a possible CvS3.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads%2Fmvc3-producer-mentions-cvs3-we-want-cvs2hdr-and-capcom-vs-snk-3-by-2012-13-please.126575%2F

edit: vvv really? that sucks. oh well sorry

Zexerous fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Sep 5, 2011

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008

The topic started from a bogus article from a (very) lovely french website in january.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I'd be down with a CvS2 Online Edition at least. Good excuse to start fooling around with SNK characters, plus I miss goofing off with custom grooves and sprite edits.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl87g9gnmm4

This is a great MB match, showcasing F-PCiel, who is currently Yun-levels of broken but getting the nerfbat soon, VS C-Roa, who was total trash in previous versions of the game and is still something of an unknown.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
Are the moon things like grooves in CvS2, or are they more like Samurai Shodown 4 Slash/Bust?

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

PalmTreeFun posted:

Are the moon things like grooves in CvS2, or are they more like Samurai Shodown 4 Slash/Bust?
They have some groove-like differences with meter type stuff but they are mostly totally different characters for each moon with different sets of normals/specials

edit: And for the record I don't think F-PCiel is the really broken PCiel

dj_de fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 5, 2011

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Any Irish fighting game goons, I've got the green-light to run another tournament on October 29th in Belfast. We'll have SSF4AE, 3SOE and BBCS2, plus no doubt people will be playing some casuals of other stuff.

http://www.facebook.com/clashxcounter

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

PalmTreeFun posted:

It varies from character to character, but generally the level of difference in core moveset is about the same as, say, Ryu and Evil Ryu in AE. The same basic character but due to a few of normal/special changes the way they're played changes dramatically. It also fucks with core gameplay mechanics, for example Full Moon can hold all 3 buttons to charge meter, but cannot reverse beat (they can only cancel mvc-style lighter to stronger attacks, whereas other styles can cancel nearly anything into anything).

One notable thing is that standard japanese tournament rules force you to stay with one character, but allow you to change moon-style, even after winning. Some characters only have 1 or 2 viable moon-styles (although fb are working hard to increase viability of all moons) but most are viable in all 3 styles and choosing comes down to a balance of personal preference and counterpicking.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The moon styles play very differently from each other, even in relatively simple characters. With characters more... I don't wanna say complex, but more defined? They can begin to feel like completely different characters.

Unfortunately with that many characters (30 in the PS2 version of AA, though practically it's more like 26 due to the joke/boss characters) and 3 moon-styles per, some of them end up kind of inferior or outright useless. Still a pretty neat system, though.

Pyruvate
Apr 4, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I just got a used Madcatz TE stick, and it doesn't register right input when the stick is fully right, all the way to the stop. It will register partial right input, but not full. (if that makes sense) Is this a common problem with a fix, or is the joystick broken?

YFDHippo
May 2, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Pyruvate posted:

I just got a used Madcatz TE stick, and it doesn't register right input when the stick is fully right, all the way to the stop. It will register partial right input, but not full. (if that makes sense) Is this a common problem with a fix, or is the joystick broken?

It could be that the switch at the top left is set to LS(Left stick). If it is, set it to DP (directional pad).

Fake edit: Speaking of sticks, my friends made the mod to my TE to make it a hit box. If my old man hands ever learn to use it, I'll report back on the adv and cons.

YFDHippo fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 7, 2011

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
http://www.twitch.tv/toptiergaming/ is streaming Skullgirls again. Right now it's two morons loving around in training, and they know even less about the game than the stream monsters in the chat. It's really frustrating to watch.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
H-how dare someone be new to a game... Th-this will not stand...

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Brannock posted:

H-how dare someone be new to a game... Th-this will not stand...

Let us also consider that these are the same guys who were streaming last week and they have been awarded the privilege of doing so by the game's designers for the purposes of showing the game off.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Broken Loose posted:

Let us also consider that these are the same guys who were streaming last week and they have been awarded the privilege of doing so by the game's designers for the purposes of showing the game off.

So... the game's designers are apparently happy with how they're doing, since they let them do the stream again?

I understand where you're coming from, though, I literally punch my monitor every I see new character gameplay trailers for MvC3 and they're not hitconfirming into their hypers. WHAT IS THIS BUSH LEAGUE poo poo.

Pyruvate
Apr 4, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

YFDHippo posted:

It could be that the switch at the top left is set to LS(Left stick). If it is, set it to DP (directional pad).

I double checked, it was on DP. On the XMB, if I hold it all the way to the right, it'll click over one spot and then stop, and then if I rock it up or down, it will start scrolling again once I feel it click into down-right or down-left.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Ashenai posted:

So... the game's designers are apparently happy with how they're doing, since they let them do the stream again?

I understand where you're coming from, though, I literally punch my monitor every I see new character gameplay trailers for MvC3 and they're not hitconfirming into their hypers. WHAT IS THIS BUSH LEAGUE poo poo.

I can see the positive in giving the game to people who want to explore it, but they're answering questions with the wrong answers (like how the OTG system works, bursts, damage properties, etc) that have been answered correctly by the designers on other occasions. So when somebody comes to them with a question related to one of those things they learned, well...

"Does it use 5 bars to DHC from a level 3 into a level 3?"
"Why would it do that?"
"DHCing into level 3s uses only 2 bars."
"No it doesn't."
"TRY IT."
"No it doesn't!"
"Just do it."
".... wow it only takes 2 bars to DHC into a level 3."
:suicide:

YFDHippo
May 2, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Pyruvate posted:

I double checked, it was on DP. On the XMB, if I hold it all the way to the right, it'll click over one spot and then stop, and then if I rock it up or down, it will start scrolling again once I feel it click into down-right or down-left.

That sounds pretty odd. You're going to have to open it and check the stick and the switches.

- See if the the spring is set correctly. If it has double spring mod perhaps take out one and see if that helps.
- Open up the micro switch box and see if it has the sticky mod. Otherwise, just check out the switches to make sure they are not sticking.

Here are the mods that could have been made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QytcbzZmXaI&feature=related

Easy fix- buy a new stick for your box. They'll set you back around 3 :10bux:.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Hi skullgirls dudes, are there any good video rundowns for Parasoul out there?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Ashenai posted:

Watching a stream of people who don't know how to play a game isn't fun or informative.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

dj_de posted:

It's Cerebella and "And I must scream" should be Double.

• Locked thread