Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cow Bell
Aug 29, 2007

Was in the last guild, steam name same as my forums handle. In game as Hastus Regalia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I picked up 4 SEA's with rifle speed on so 4 of you guys who plan to rifle a lot or pvp can cap your speed in one tape.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So, more doctors more entertainers more squad leaders. MORE MORE MORE. GoonTown is at 93 citizens and the city updates tomorrow. Get alts in town, vote with those alts then turn them into something mentioned above so we can man the Mantina more steadily. More details like macros and stuff in the PGS thread.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi
Is my house still in goontown? I haven't logged onto basilisk in months.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
One second, let me go to every house and I will write down each name for you here. Hows that...

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Tai posted:

One second, let me go to every house and I will write down each name for you here. Hows that...

Much obliged!

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Is the investigations grind still god awful? I logged in tonight to notice all my poo poo and my house was gone, so I'm curious how much worse I should expect this to be in the short term.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Levarris posted:

Is my house still in goontown? I haven't logged onto basilisk in months.

Actually yeah I noticed it still there just a couple days ago.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

- Miyamoto Musashi

Plastic Pal posted:

Actually yeah I noticed it still there just a couple days ago.

Fantastic, i put like 3 years worth of maintanence in it I think lol.

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes
I finished the master chef grind on my crafting alt, can I get guild membership & zoning rights on him so I can plop down a house and a few vendors? His name is Havukalle Paikal. I think I should also get my main back in, he's Skatman Fyewehois.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'm on at the moment so I can help. Best to ask for stuff like that in steam chat so someone can help immediately.

Dramak
May 15, 2013

Never change goons :allears:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
If Trillian or SpiritHawk are in Dantooine planet chat you can get that guy to flip his loving poo poo by mentioning how bad EVE goons curb stomped BoB. He was, or still is, or something, an officer in the organization and takes it super personally. I had him going full retard for like two hours in planet chat by saying one thing every ten minutes or so to egg him on.

Dramak
May 15, 2013
Nah this is on Naboo and their too busy being retarded about jellyfish to rise to the bait

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Posting to join the guild. Same name on steam, in game name is Durend Solaire.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I just started with a few friends, is there any particular stack towards Empire or Rebel in PVP? We want to join the underpopulated side if so. Do goons have a GCW affiliation? I'm gonna run with them but I'll join goontown if they peel out and quit in the next few weeks (which is what I'm expecting).

What classes complement doctor? I don't really want to do combat, leaning towards one of the crafting menu-grinding professions. I was a DE/Rifleman back in the day, but I think I'd prefer the full utility classes. Thinking some parts of merchant, doctor+merchant seems incredibly fun.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Westy543 posted:

I just started with a few friends, is there any particular stack towards Empire or Rebel in PVP? We want to join the underpopulated side if so. Do goons have a GCW affiliation? I'm gonna run with them but I'll join goontown if they peel out and quit in the next few weeks (which is what I'm expecting).

What classes complement doctor? I don't really want to do combat, leaning towards one of the crafting menu-grinding professions. I was a DE/Rifleman back in the day, but I think I'd prefer the full utility classes. Thinking some parts of merchant, doctor+merchant seems incredibly fun.

Doctor pretty much gets nothing beneficial from other trees - merchant is exactly what I went with, as well, just because there wasn't really anything else useful for a non combat character

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Durendal posted:

Posting to join the guild. Same name on steam, in game name is Durend Solaire.

If I manage to see you at 2 AM when you're in steam again I can help out. Some people need to sleep though.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Westy543 posted:

You could always get Master Doctor and Master Combat Medic. There is a bit of combat exp grinding in marksmen (you just afk it) but allows you to craft two sets of professions.

Diran
Jan 28, 2014
Posting to join as well. Steam name is Blavamerc, in game name is Diran Wrec.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
:siren:INTRUDER ALERT:siren:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
At least he has a decent post history I guess

Diran
Jan 28, 2014

Unctuous Cretin posted:

:siren:INTRUDER ALERT:siren:

Give me your secrets.

Tai posted:

At least he has a decent post history I guess

I never played SWG before, installed it this weekend and it seems pretty fun, especially considering how old it is, so I looked up if there is a goon clan playing and sure enough I found this thread.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
If anyone wants to sell some dance/music enhance CA's (not AA's) I still need +4 music and +14 dance. The dance can be a couple of tapes.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
It's going to be until at least the end of the month until I can have any meaningful gametime. I hope you'll manage.

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
By the end of the month, GT will be dead. Its the Pubato Curse!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So since quite a far chunk of people are returning/trying out SWG, I thought I would knock up a decent post about money making. I did do a brief one a few months back but I never got around to going in depth and covering all the various ways.

Missions

Pretty much the main place to start or for easy credits. Jump into a solo group, grab some buffs and go pull missions. Goon Town is pretty much the best place to roll for this as another town nearby as a nice Improved Job Market (IJM better mission payouts) circuit with us.

Template wise, pretty much everything goes. Sword and rifle I highly recommend if you are going cookie cutter damage wise. It’s probably best to run on Janta missions as they can drop SEA’s (Skill Enhancement Attachments) and also Janta hide/blood which can sell well depending on your luck. I would try stay away from TKM unless you really love it due to kinetic damage being the only damage it gets and it’s on average the highest resist on NPC’s

Another template I like for missions is Master Sword/Ranger. Grabbing Seething Bol’s and Grauls (don’t attack Frenzied) all give nice harvest yields for added perk which sell for 1 CPU and grauls yield 1000 on the worst yield.

Adding x1xx smuggler allows slicing of terminals every 2 minutes for a one off 50% extra payout on the first 5 missions.

Rangers

Well since, Rangers were touched on, worth explaining some more on it.

Rangers are a great source of steady income and an excellent source when something is in spawn. Master Sword/Ranger is probably the most effective. Some people like Rifle but I go with melee as I like all the corpses stacked up next to me. Don’t go TKM as some people say (see above for damage). It allows you to farm unbuffed but frankly, who loving cares? You kill far slower then say a Sword so that ten minutes spent getting buffs is negated anyway within twenty minutes.

Things you want is Vegash and crates of it. It boosts your creature harvest skill by a lot (there are no SEA’s for this) so always have it. You could also be a pro and roll a Sullustan or Trando for a further +10 harvest.

You can specify what you would like to harvest by making a macro.

/loot all; *this must be BEFORE your harvest line.
/harvest hide; *you can change hide to bone or meat to get a specific resource you want*

Personally, if you aren’t harvesting from missions then there really is only two places worth harvesting. Tourtons for wooly hide on Ror and Rancors for their loot and the huge yields of bone, hide and meat. I usually get a million of meat then swap to bone etc etc. When one is low on my vendor, i get some more. I’ll explain more about Rancor loot later below.

SEA’s

The money maker for most once you get finished up with missions. The following places are worth while.

Imperial Special Forces Missions – Pretty easy for high damage templates. Tapes up to numerical value of 8-10?

Tuskans – Vast majority are easy but the higher HAM NPC’s have nasty bleeds. Can drop up to numerical value of 20 on the higher HAM ones.

Bounty Hunter Missions – Investigation 3 gives 40k HAM mobs (which can have nasty bleeds) that regularly drop tapes up to numerical value of 15.

Nighsisters /Singing Mountain Clan – By far the most popular. POI’s on dathomir show their location and these babys drop the good stuff. Elder’s drop the max numerical value of 25 and with luck, you can make millions here (or equip yourself). This isn’t a place to go for a casual set up. Its contested. People will try out damage you. Sword is king by a mile here. You also need state defences (dizzy, knockdown and posture down are the three main ones in that order). Ask in steam chat for more information on templates for NS’s.
Force Crystal Hunters Cave – Not overly hard, drops SEA’s up to 15 I believe.

Most SEA’s are worth something but the following I can remember offhand are trash and just destroy it.

Additional Pets
Combat Medic Healing Range
Droid Complexity
Droid Customization (Useless for non master)
Grenade Assembly
Grenade Experimentation
Heavy Weapon Accuracy
Heavy Weapon Speed
One-Handed Melee Damage
Polearm Damage
Stored Pets
Taking Cover
Two-Handed Melee Damage
Structure Complexity.

Again, this is more of a steam chat place to ask questions in regards to pricing and how good the tape is or this will turn into a twenty page post.

Other World Loot

Nightsisters – Hides sell for a decent amount. The higher the difficulty of the NS, the better the layer drop. Drops wise, they go as high as 10% which only the big boys drop. They can drop random weapons. Steam chat question.

Rancors – Appart from the harvest, they also drop teeth, hide and biles. While these aren’t selling for millions each, they can do over time as you build up more and more. A two hour buff sessions yields a lot. 150+ teeth, 4/5% hides and 170+ biles are the sellers. Can also drop random weapons. Steam chat question for prices and weapon value.

Recyclers – Easy to farm for. Sells well and sells fairly quickly. http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93338

Krayts – This is a group thing and maybe one day there will be a goon group. If you half know about krayts and thinking about it then roll either a rifle/doc, rifle/cm or a rifle/def stacker. Don’t bother with anything else.

Resources

http://galaxyharvester.net/ghHome.py

This page is up to date with all spawns on Basilisk. Keep and eye on it.

As far as harvesting goes there are four main areas.

Resource Contracts – Sell an in spawn resource in demand (server best stuff etc) for 1.5-2CPU

Sell grinding mats for 0.6-0.8 CPU

Harvest the resource and sit on it waiting for the price to go up.

Harvest radioactive and sell to people who buy their own power.

AFK Money Making

Minus the obvious of a vendor or a harvester placed, there are a few other things you can do.

Run an Ent, Squad Leader or Doctor in Goon Town. It’s a booming place currently and could always use a third solo group or back up’s for the other groups. It’s not amazing cash but you aren’t working for it so why not?

Sample resources whether it’s grind quality or an in demand resource. 2 x xxx4 Artisan samplers (yes you can run two characters online from one account) is nearly 10 heavy harvesters. As you aren’t paying for you power/up keep, its free money. Plus you don’t need to clear lairs or gently caress around with placement. Over a 7 day period averaging 20 hours a day for two samplers, you will net around 1M of the resource on a decent %.

Crafting

This is another book I could type (and I won’t) so it’s another steam question. Though I will add that basic poo poo sells well in GT. Swoops, Power Ups, weapons all sell. Anything combat related will sell.

Vendors

I would highly recommend one of your characters start training for Master Merchant or at the very least x4xx merchant. The x4xx alone is vital for harvesters as it reduces cost by a massive 20% (trust me, that’s a lot if you start running 100 harvesters). I would also make this dude your surveying guy for resources and use him to fuel and pay maint on everything. Various macro’s make life easier for fueling, destroying etc and some bug work around. Steam again..

Reselling

Now once you get to know what SEA's are worth while, a little gold mines is the bazaar. Search the bazaar regularly for stuff and once a week, open up Misc > Clothing Attachments and scroll all the way to the end. This is the newest stuff that's been listed and search the cheapest stuff. There are some steals to be had here. Yesterday I got a +15 Combat Assembly CA for 10k credits which is worth an easy 200k. You'll typically grab 5 or so CA's to re sell that will double your cash minimum.

I’ll probably add more or edit wrong info as other people mention poo poo I have forgotten.

Tai fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 21, 2014

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Tai posted:

Rangers

You can specify what you would like to harvest by making a macro.

/loot all; *this must be BEFORE your harvest line.
/harvest hide; *you can change hide to bone or meat to get a specific resource you want*

I thought I'd throw this in here for the macro I use to harvest poo poo:

macro name: Meat (or hide or whatever the gently caress you want to harvest)
/ui action targetAtCursor;
/loot all;
/harvest meat;
/ui action targetAtCursorStop;
/pause .1;
/macro meat(or whatever you named it);

This basically allows me to push butan, put my mouse over dead animals, loot/harvest them, and then move my mouse to the next animal over and over again. When I'm done, I hit a macro I created for /dump, and move along. Seems to really streamline things.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Yeah for sure. I think most people use that but just getting in the basics of shizzle for people and steam chat can advance specific questions others I'd be here till Xmas typing.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Looks like my friends in question aren't doing much already, so now I need people to play with. :v: Can I get an invite? I'm heading over to goontown now. IGN Josphef Rallisk.

Edit: Been taken care of.

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 22, 2014

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

How active is SWG Emu nowadays? I pubbed around for ages, and made a few buddies with local buffers to assure my Rifleman could actually go out into the wilderness to level etc, but I stopped right before mastering Rifleman due to a PC crash. I've got the install etc still, is it worth coming back to gently caress around and kill time?

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Dandywalken posted:

How active is SWG Emu nowadays? I pubbed around for ages, and made a few buddies with local buffers to assure my Rifleman could actually go out into the wilderness to level etc, but I stopped right before mastering Rifleman due to a PC crash. I've got the install etc still, is it worth coming back to gently caress around and kill time?

Fairly active. Usually every night I think the server lists somewhere around 1900 people online. GoonTown is booming. It's THE place to grind combat professions.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So we have one solo group and one doctor on at the moment. Really need people to start having extra squad leading/entertaining capabilities in reserve. Think there's two people working on doctors so should be good there, but right now we're getting killed on solo groups and we'll be down another squad leader at the end of the month I believe. Prime time on the weekend with one solo group is not terribly good.

Tennance
Feb 8, 2013
Hey guys,

Just picked up SWGEmu because it seems like a fun distraction. How much of the previous information in this thread is relevant? Is GoonTown still kickin'?

Been playing for a few days now, I'd like to find people to grind with.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Yeah game's still pretty active. Steam chat is the place to meet goons and admire each other's neckbeards.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Just made a character on this, name is Meliadoul. Looking for an invite when someone gets around to it.

Tennance
Feb 8, 2013
In-game character name is Swaggles, following the 12-step procedure to be hired.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Just rolled 'Oneiric' and am spamming up the Steam chatroom - Let me in!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Lap top dead so gone for an indefinite period. If some obscene resource spawns, can someone buy/harvest 1M of it and I'll fix you up with cash for its value. Talking about the fluhe, bizeryo, afeo, uquga etc.

40 harvies going to despawn lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Was that laptop the only internet capable device in the land where your people come from or something?

• Locked thread