Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

quote:

And with that lynch. . .

THE TOWN WINS.

CONGRATS TO REMAINING TOWN PLAYERS MOOCHER, MERK, DWETZEL AND THINGYMAN.

THANKS FOR PLAYING! DISCUSSION OPEN NOW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I want to see tappo cry now that he knows merk is town.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Also, the only game that town have won is the game where merk was town.

Coincidence?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Crunkus was obviously town!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I hope merk gets MVP

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

You know there is no chance of that right?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Thingyman for MVP.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Register and vote me MVP. Otherwise it's going to some undeserving POG.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Thingyman!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

merk posted:

Register and vote me MVP. Otherwise it's going to some undeserving POG.

Yay merk.

Did you fake your plane flight? (Or was it just really short)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i want to vote for you, merk, but i don't know how

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I think only the actual players can vote.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Merk better at least get "townie they were most afraid of" from the scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Columbus to Chicago

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I registered a dumb account for this, but I think only players can vote. On the plus side look at this idiot

CPHoya posted:

(think DWetzel is MVP and that it's not very close)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I won't win anything because I'm not POG and have an abrasive style. We all know though.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dr. Hurt posted:

I registered a dumb account for this, but I think only players can vote. On the plus side look at this idiot

Seriously, from the guy who's supposed to tally the votes.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

DWetzel said he's quitting mafia forever.........

if he gets MVP with that kind of play

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Oh and CPHoya hates me after game 3 for sure.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Merk now that you are done with this hell experience, are you ever going to play mafia again?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Say hi to Hoya from me. :v:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ernie. posted:

DWetzel said he's quitting mafia forever.........

if he gets MVP with that kind of play

Really. All he did today was pull some crybaby nonsense. Merk it is now your duty to recruit all of the players to SA so we can mock them mercilessly in games.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Nice post mills.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dr. Hurt posted:

Merk now that you are done with this hell experience, are you ever going to play mafia again?

I don't know. I do feel like I played the best in both games or, at least, if you take the totality of my play in both games it has to stand head and shoulders above anyone else.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Nice post mills.

mine's better

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

You are free Merk. The bad people can't hurt you any more. You can be as wolfy as you want.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ernie. posted:

mine's better

You hadn't posted yet when I said that.

But yes, yes it was.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

merk posted:

I won't win anything because I'm not POG and have an abrasive style. We all know though.

The problem is that none if them know how to case, literally everything is based on meta. So when you came in with an actual case on TTT people didn't know what the hell it was.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm sad merk / Mills dream team wasn't reprised for this.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
And then TTT discredited it and misrepresented it without anyone ever commenting or seeing what was going on. I almost quit after that day because it was so ridiculous.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mills posted:

I'm sad merk / Mills dream team wasn't reprised for this.

there may be a chance yet edit: snip ignore me i'm an idiot

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Saberwolf posted:

Thank you to all of the players who made for an interesting game. Thank you to my fellow villagers for showing our spectators how wolf hunting is done as champions, and thank you to our moderator and game designer for the fantastic game. Lastly thank you to thingyman for taking the time and effort to set this all up.

Ha. Haha. Ha ha ha aha. HA HA HA AHA HA HA AHA HAHAHA HAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Emphasis mine.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Now that I've stepped back a bit on this game. We won because the scum went all in (besides Crunkus) on lynching me to save monstrman and it failed. That truly was the turning point. What a bad scum team.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I nominate Diqnol for next year. Every mafia player needs to face the Diq. The championship after that should be Capps. Or we should just send Gulag back.

e) Also thank you Merk for actually trying to talk sense into the dumb circlejerk.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hey Merk, I just want you to know that I read this with the assumption that goons were blowing the badness of these games way out of proportion and that you'd be about average but despite this, you were easily the best player in the game and nobody who looks at the game objectively should be able to think otherwise.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It almost broke me. I've never quit a game in frustration at the town's failure to actually discuss content (that I remember).

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

quote:

Thingyman said:
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

As some as you already know, there will be a Season 2 of this Mafia Championship series.

One vital change for this next season is that each game will only have 1 player from any community. And preferably, the same will hold true for the entire season (so, for example, season 2 would only feature 1 player from POG).

The reason that we can make this change is that I also plan for the games to be smaller. We've lost out on a lot of good players who couldn't commit to big and long games. So now we're gonna try something a little easier to handle.

This is where I'd like your input.

I myself would suggest running four 15'ers with 3 wolves and 1 cop that doesn't have a n0 view. This is what we would call a vanilla setup. My only worry is that a lot of communities aren't used to vanilla setups at all and wouldn't like the lack of power roles. But if we are to introduce power roles to such a small game it becomes a variance fest and not a test of skill.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm more difficult to beat in a game than I am good at mafia, if that makes sense.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

It almost broke me. I've never quit a game in frustration at the town's failure to actually discuss content (that I remember).

You'd usually replace out of such a game. I, along with winvirus and fronz, made you do that once and I laughed heartily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don't remember that one. I did quit a game when it got a little... bad from a personal input standpoint. Civilization?

• Locked thread