Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Goddammit you guys we are never going to consume all life if you keep this poo poo up! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

paragon1 posted:

Goddammit you guys we are never going to consume all life if you keep this poo poo up! :argh:

I'm going A. to spite you.

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
A

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I'm going A. to spite you.

You have learned only spite.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

paragon1 posted:

You have learned only spite.

What have I done...

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Life usually only offers you three choices; attack, run, and die. The quickly rotting corpse of a God takes the last bit and the horde of furious hard-shelled worshipers was certainly advancing with unfriendly intentions. That left the running to you and Roscoe. Unsure where to head the two of you simply decide to run away from the angry mob. You tighten your tentacles and begin to jet away. Roscoe quickly follows, beating his swimming legs in time with a flapping playe on his back that conceals a siphon like your own. Sand's worshipers can't keep up with you, but the distance between your fins and their scrabbling legs isn't growing as quickly as you would like. A great scream erupts as the mob reaches the dead body sending shivers through the giant pit of sand. The smell of blood hits you as the two of you crest the edge of the great sand bowl . Taking a moment to glance back, you see that the majority of the mob has turned on the pile of meat and given up the chase. The corpse is half eaten already, rigid monuments of shell stick out like bone and the worshipers are locked in battle with the myriad parasites released from the corpse. It takes Roscoe's heavy claw to nudge you out of the trance from watching the mouth-watering tableaux of flesh and blood.

You flee into the Reef, heading into the deeper sections and hoping to find a place where two giant mooks can hide out. Your size scatters the locals away, rightfully seeing you as the massive predators the two of you are now. Your advanced brain can pick up the thoughts of the unseen people you pass. "Monsters killed Eats...don't eat me...run and hide...predators." Trying to read Roscoe's mind fails. It's like trying to listen to a small clam whisper as you are thrown into a wave. It's just noise and you tune it out. Eventually you come across a small alcove at the base of small tench. There is a large grouper inside that doesn't want to leave. It tells you in no uncertain terms to piss off. Before you can even speak, Roscoe snaps one of his giant foreclaw at the fish. The motion was too fast to see, but somehow it kicked the fish back against the wall with enough force to stun it. Roscoe made quick work with his claws to off the squatter and split the meal in to. Still wary of your altered friend, you gingerly take the peice he offers you and settle on the opposite wall to feast. Roscoe is already half done by your second bits. He stops, looking at tr raggedy lump of meat in his claws and begins to cry.

He drops the meat and quietly loses it. You do the same out of sympathy and wait for what he will do next. He speaks to you once his sobs quoted down. " I don't know why I did that boss. I never once killed a fish, let alone ripped it apart and ate it. We ain't supposed to do that kinda thing, at least not the ones who follow Eats-from-Sand. We killed him, or you killed him or he killed himself I don't know. He's in here now. With that dumb rock and in my head. It's better now, but I'm fighting it. Thanks for getting me out of there, but you didn't save me yet. Boss, I don't like this beak and the tentacles don't move like I want them too and the jet feels awful. It's the dam rock. Sands memories tell me it's the problem but I can't think about them too much or I'll go crazy again. I want it out but it might kill us both. I know you it other stuff to do, but if you want me to come with you, then you gotta get it out now, before my shell locks up and he takes over. It's going to happen eventually. Just help me choose here boss, because I can't go on anymore like this. "

You...

A) Rip the crystal free from his chest
B) Sedate Rosoce and let Sands take over
C) Kill Roscoe and eat him, shard and all
D) Tell him to shrimp up and deal with it
E) Use your brain and powers to try and cut through Roscoe's brain fuzz
F) Run away from Roscoe before he turns on you

After dealing with Roscoe you...

N) Head to the Gardens to hunt a Spears-from-Above
O) Go to the moon-flats to meet whoever spoke to you in a dream
P) Explore the Great Reef
Q) Go out to the Open Ocean
R) Descend into the Depths
S) Write in

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
1:a, save our pal and level up.

2:o

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
AO

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

jazzyhattrick posted:

1:a, save our pal and level up.

2:o

Yep

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
DO

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Guys, if we rip the crystal from his chest, won't the hunger take him over and send him on a rampage?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

1: a, but sedate him first (it's like b, but we save him instead)
As for 2, um, 2: o

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A and O

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
AO

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

AN Come on guys? Don't you want to freak the gently caress out of some fishermen?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
AO I want to advance the main quest a bit.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

AO

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

EO
Also voting that no matter what wins for 1, tell Roscoe he was the best friend and partner we could ever ask for.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

AN

I feel that if we sedate him to do it then Sands may gain control, unfortunately

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

EO

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

1. A - But I wish to make clear it is only out of concern and for our buddy Roscoe, not out of a lust for power! I think this is the best way to help our little buddy :(. I am also seriously worried this may kill him...
2. O.

Edit, this too:

the_steve posted:

Also voting that no matter what wins for 1, tell Roscoe he was the best friend and partner we could ever ask for.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
EAT THE FISH

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
1. A

2. N

Maybe we can eat Enkidel and take his power.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Jewcoon posted:

AN Come on guys? Don't you want to freak the gently caress out of some fishermen?

Yes, yes I do.

Sedate Roscoe first.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Diogines posted:

1. A - But I wish to make clear it is only out of concern and for our buddy Roscoe, not out of a lust for power! I think this is the best way to help our little buddy :(. I am also seriously worried this may kill him...
2. O.

Edit, this too:

the_steve posted:

Also voting that no matter what wins for 1, tell Roscoe he was the best friend and partner we could ever ask for.[/b]

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
D. O. Remind him that he needs to stop being such a goddamn pussy.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
I agree with this AO malarky

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Arkanomen, did you get wet feet?

:backtowork:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Maybe Asherah ate him.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
I am here. Many big things came up in my life (potential new job and family shenanigans) and has kept me from updating regularly. I will not abandon the game. Just going to be a little slowed for a bit. I will make an update tonight. Cross my hearts and hope to get eaten.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Arkanomen posted:

I am here. Many big things came up in my life (potential new job and family shenanigans) and has kept me from updating regularly. I will not abandon the game. Just going to be a little slowed for a bit. I will make an update tonight. Cross my hearts and hope to get eaten.

Best of luck with all of it!!! Thank you for not stopping!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

A O

Leave this chump to die, he's living beyond his means as a mere cleaner! Time for class warfare to occur.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Arkanomen posted:

Gobbling up your free time?

hunger

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
1. A
2. R

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Roscoe's eyes look up at you pleadingly. You can't leave him like this. He is your partner and you don't want him to suffer. You work your tentacles into the gaps within his armor, Roscoe grunts in discomfort as having something working beneath your shell is obviously painful. The shard is close to his beating heart. It feels warm and pulses in time with Roscoe's core. Something about the way it feels in your tentacles, it is almost speaking to you. The shard on your back begins to pulse in time with Roscoe's. You begin to pull, and Roscoe screams...you are hungry. You pull again, this time something gives a little causing Roscoe to flail against you. His large claws can't get any force against you at such close range and he is too busy yelling to work his new tentacles against you, not that it matters now. The shard must come it, you need it more than he does, just one...more...tug. The shard rips free of wherever it was lodged. Roscoe makes an awkward squawking noise, stares into your eyes before attempting then goes limp. You withdraw the gore covered shard. It looks similar to yours in that it glows with a strange iridescence and makes the hunger quiet, except no. The more you hold it the more it fills you with hunger. Without thinking you pop the shard into your beak and gulp it down. There is a fire in your gullet, but there isn't any food around. You look to Roscoe, he still hasn't woken up and blood is seeping out from his shell. Somewhere in your mind there is a small voice, it cries out to Roscoe to wake up and something about a promise. It doesn't matter now. Roscoe's dead and the thought of that dead flesh is too much to resist.

Several minutes later all that is left of your friend is a few discarded shell fragments and some divots of sand, the grit still rasping in your beak. With a sudden rumbling your body stiffens and grows large plates as well as new mouth parts sprout from around your beak. You recognize them as Roscoe's and Eats-from-Sand. With a quick flex the stiff shell ripples and changes shape, taking only a little more effort than usual. You trace your tentacles around the shard in your back, finding it along with your entire body, has grown larger. The shard has also grown smoother. You feel sad for Roscoe, but he was already dead wasn't he. You just ended his suffering and now a part of him lives within you. That thought comforts you as you flee the Great Reef, leaving behind a dead god and a dead friend.

You traverse the sandy expanse towards the Moon Flats. The Reef slowly dissipates, coral heads growing smaller and less numerous. They eventually fade into dusty sand and small patches of grass. After a few hours night begins to fall, illuminating the expanse in pale moonlight. The sand begins to grow coarser, flattening out into flat pale plates of textured stone. As you swim further towards the center the plates grow larger, with finer joints. You notice the seams are all in one direction, as if leading you towards something. After a while you spot someone in the distance. It looks to be about the same size as you, now measuring 50 feet in length and appears to be waiting for someone. There is a twitching in your crystal as you contemplate the stranger. You...

A. Approach normally and wait for him to notice you
B. Cloak and approach until you get a better look at the fellow
C. Cloak and approach, but with the intent to kill
D. Approach normally, but ink immediately and flee
E. Approach normally, but ink and attack
F. Rip the shard free and embrace hunger
G. Rip the shard free and eat yourself
H. Run away to another location (specify)
I. Write in

On a plane right now. Images later! Sorry for the delay.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Yaaaaaaaay! What did you guys think was gonna happen? :3:

B Recon move out!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

B

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

:cry: Rooooooscooooooooooe! :cry:

I. Voting to break down in grief and tears and sob, too overcome by emotion and sadness to do anything else!

Diogines fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 28, 2015

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

B

Poor Roscoe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Diogines posted:

:cry: Rooooooscooooooooooe! :cry:

• Locked thread