Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

many johnnys posted:

Yes, of course I am aware of that. My post was a "joke" based on the post I quoted.

Oh, yeah. Sorry about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
This illustration always confused me, especially since the directions with, you know, words is located on an entirely different page, making this look like a stand-alone thing:

What exactly is this telling me to do?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Sep 16, 2015

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
What, you never used a bottle of ketchup?

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Gorilla Salad posted:

What, you never used a bottle of ketchup?

So is the baby Heinz or Hunts?

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

AWarmBody posted:

This illustration always confused me, especially since the directions with, you know, words is located on an entirely different page, making this look like a stand-alone thing:

This is part of "Life management under God". What is your god doing to your babies that you need this type of knowledge? :psyduck:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

HerStuddMuffin posted:

This is part of "Life management under God". What is your god doing to your babies that you need this type of knowledge? :psyduck:

If your baby starts doing Satan babbling then quickly donkey punch them followed by a holy jab to the solar plexus to save them

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

peanut posted:

I had a coworker who was homeschooled in super rural Canada with her 4 sisters... then she joined the military fresh out of school.
Social interactions were painfully awkward. We lolled at her misery.

How do you make the leap from homeschool to military service? Seems like you'd want to stay around the farm because you'd fear the outside world.

Then again the military is surprisingly close to homeschooling, so.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Someone in my homeschool group joined the Marines or something after graduating. His parents would talk all the time about how the other guys made fun of him for "having values" and "being a virgin", which made them proud enough to wear their son's persecution like a badge of honor to the other homeschool parents.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

AWarmBody posted:

Psalm 137:9 King James Version (KJV)

9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Punishing you for bring an awful sinner! STOP SINNING

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

shovelbum posted:

Homeschooling is good if your life is really weird like you want to raise your kid on a medium sized sailboat but if you think your boring living in a house life is better than school lol.

Hahaha, that's actually the story of a friend of mine from childhood. His parents were (still are) hippies/libertarians and spend their winters sailing around the Bahamas. They were farmers, so it's not like they poo poo to do in the winters. They'd pull their two kids out of school around late November/early December and bum around the Caribbean until March. They got a half-public school, half-homeschool education. His parents now let me have the run of the place every winter to let my dogs romp around in the snow. Good people.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

AWarmBody posted:

Someone in my homeschool group joined the Marines or something after graduating. His parents would talk all the time about how the other guys made fun of him for "having values" and "being a virgin", which made them proud enough to wear their son's persecution like a badge of honor to the other homeschool parents.

I'm sure he didn't stay a virgin for long after joining. The green weenie hungers.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

half-public school, half-homeschool education

This sounds ideal. I think very few districts would allow it these days.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

P-Mack posted:

This sounds ideal. I think very few districts would allow it these days.

Man, can you imagine being that kid though?

"Hey, where is mark today? Sick?"

"Nah, he is sailing around the Caribbean with his parents for the next four months"

"... you're serious. Really. gently caress that guy"

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Furia posted:

What types of petty crime and how exactly would he respond to them?

For example, our mutual friend tried to shoplift something very insignificant and he flipped poo poo when he found out, saying it was inexcusable, threatening to turn him in, demanding he return it, etc.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Male Tears posted:

For example, our mutual friend tried to shoplift something very insignificant and he flipped poo poo when he found out, saying it was inexcusable, threatening to turn him in, demanding he return it, etc.

is this some kind of weird ironic shoplifting or what

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Male Tears posted:

Don't shoplift

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

cheetah7071 posted:

Don't shoplift

By reading this post, I have learned more valuable, real world applicable moral guidance than I ever would have from 12 years of Home-Schooling.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Probably because "God wants you to have lots of babies who should be raised in the faith" or some such. And babies tend to explore things by sticking poo poo in their mouth, so knowing how to first aide a choking baby is a remarkably useful tidbit of information to know if you've got one or plan on having one soon. It kind of makes sense if you twist your mind around it.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Wasn't there an ALOD years ago that was a Christian themed game built using the Wolfenstein or maybe the Doom engine?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

Probably because "God wants you to have lots of babies who should be raised in the faith" or some such. And babies tend to explore things by sticking poo poo in their mouth, so knowing how to first aide a choking baby is a remarkably useful tidbit of information to know if you've got one or plan on having one soon. It kind of makes sense if you twist your mind around it.

Yeah, learning some basic CPR/first aid is not the most offensive thing in the book. Like a lot of the less crazy religious groups, you are taking the position of "god is good but also we need to not rely on him always since he might be on a bender or something. So let's learn medicine and how to take care of ourselves without relying on miracles"

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

stubblyhead posted:

Wasn't there an ALOD years ago that was a Christian themed game built using the Wolfenstein or maybe the Doom engine?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/371180

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

That's high art compared to what I'm thinking of. This game wasn't even an fps, just used the engine for level building. There wasn't much more to it than "open this door to go to church, open that door if you would rather go to hell"

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:

Male Tears posted:

are you like 18 or something? Tell your idiot friend to stop shoplifting you loving goon.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bless me father for I have sinned.
I was hungry but I had no money.
I entered a Costco with intention of buying anything but gorged on samples.
My shame is great.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

IBurnStuffAlot posted:

are you like 18 or something? Tell your idiot friend to stop shoplifting you loving goon.

Uh excuse me he said that it was an insignificant item god.

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Return to Castle Huckabee

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yet another good case for NON-RELIGIOUS home schooling:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742109

If my kid lived in a district that stupid and it was feasible, by God, I'd be considering it. The people supposedly educating him are too dumb to figure out what a loving clock is.

I still think lumping non-religious nuts that do it for other reasons in with the religious nuts is a little like lumping everyone who says "I enjoy comedies" in with people who go to Adam Sandler movies.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pharmaskittle posted:

Return to Castle Huckabee

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

AWarmBody posted:

It's for when your baby finds and chokes on all the hazardously small religious artifacts you leave about because you're a jesus groupie.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
can I post some sex ed handouts from a philippine high school in this thread

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Blazing Ownager posted:

Yet another good case for NON-RELIGIOUS home schooling:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742109

If my kid lived in a district that stupid and it was feasible, by God, I'd be considering it. The people supposedly educating him are too dumb to figure out what a loving clock is.

I still think lumping non-religious nuts that do it for other reasons in with the religious nuts is a little like lumping everyone who says "I enjoy comedies" in with people who go to Adam Sandler movies.

this post is exactly the level of critical thinking I would expect from somebody who was homeschooled

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Argue posted:

I want to see them

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Argue posted:

:justpost:

I'm kind of sad the op's books skirted the issue. I'm curious what dumb things the writer would have said if even saying sex wasn't taboo.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'm sorry that page 1 is so small but the rest are a good size

My personal highlight is page 2, items 8 and 9 on the gender differences list

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
I desire to be conquered
these are amazing, Actually the sex talk itself about to do it or not was pretty straight forward "feels good man"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Can someone put that brown haired Goofus's words in this picture please.

• Locked thread