Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
Well that was very Colorado-y.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Damnit! Keystone cops in defense and MacMath drops the cross. Well that sucked.

DR AIDS posted:

Well that was very Colorado-y.

No kidding. Shades of last year again.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Bad goalkeeping 101

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Good thing they've spent a DP slot and a ton of money on a keeper

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Just caught the highlights, of course it was Bolaņos diving for the first Vancouver penalty lmao

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

trem_two posted:

Good thing they've spent a DP slot and a ton of money on a keeper

Yup.

I'll take the point from this game but that mistake hurts. Oh well.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Simone Poodoin posted:

Just caught the highlights, of course it was Bolaņos diving for the first Vancouver penalty lmao

AND calling for a card after his dive, to make it extra annoying. gently caress that guy.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
DC looks horrible. A team full of journeymen who have never played together. Just awful. Everyone moves in molasses, no fluidity yet, desperately missing Hamid, Kitchen, and Espindola from two years back.

I'm salty.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Rapids looked lost. They had a few brilliant moments, a stupid moment, and a goal. It's like Pablo can't get everyone in the same page to save his life.

Lots of poor decisions, lots of luck last minute gasps. Badji looked useless, watts looked iffy, and they got lucky with a point. Powers is *still* out of position despite promises to play him deeper and I can't wait to see how Pablo crushes the fact that Pappa was the bright spark so far this year.

Edit - Williams looked great as well on D. Good pickup there.

Still, it's a point, and there's no need to panic quite yet. I think.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 21, 2016

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Union... are good???

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Not sure I've ever watched a more lackluster half of soccer than this SKC-TFC game so far

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
*wakes up briefly*

Huh, fight?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
So apparently Marco Pappa does NOT enjoy being called a rapist while he takes corners. That was pretty good.

The game itself was in drizzly lovely cold weather and I'm astounded we didn't lose. Worra is a decent backup. Our team is old and slow still, with the replacements from last year being also old and slow. We might make the playoffs?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
wow, that was so close

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Jozy would have had that

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
drat that little guy is way too good.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

tfc #24 is a garbage man

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Nice little goal there, feels like TOR should be the ones up a goal though

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
David just owned the entire defense there (five guys)

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
That should probably have been a foul.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
That did look like Davis fouled Morrow on the replay, I can see how it wasn't called in real time though

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
It's Jozy time

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
Does Alexi Lalas always ask himself questions? Yes. Does that make him a good commentator? No.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
SKC told the ref that Toronto hadn't played Jozy and Toledo said they have to play everyone, that's the rule.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

On the upside, I had a great camping trip this weekend. On the other upside, Houston has scored 11 goals in 3 games. On the downside, we lost.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Has NYCFC always had that on field seating area next to the benches? I don't remember seeing it before.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I seem to recall that at the game I went to last year.

NYC did a thing.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

What in the red gently caress.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Love the guy, still, but that's a Standard Issue Gershon Koffie Challenge. (never a red card though)

Note: this game will still end in a draw.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Important RFK update: still a shithole but its our shithole

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Dallan Invictus posted:

Love the guy, still, but that's a Standard Issue Gershon Koffie Challenge. (never a red card though)

Note: this game will still end in a draw.

How did you know!?!?

Revs looked better after losing a player tbh.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Dear god the dallas away kit is terrible

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
That DC back like, Jesus Christ

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

That's two thus far Opare, what a disaster.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I know I'm spamming now, but want it down in writing that Opare was responsible for all three goals.

Edit: I can't wait for a Fancy post about this poo poo ref. The Nyarko non call, the makeup penalty kick, then a straight red. This is seriously the most suspect poo poo.

EDit2: but DC are still poo poo without the ref, olsen's seat better be hot

joshtothemaxx fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 27, 2016

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Lmao at this farce

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

joshtothemaxx posted:

I know I'm spamming now, but want it down in writing that Opare was responsible for all three goals.

Edit: I can't wait for a Fancy post about this poo poo ref. The Nyarko non call, the makeup penalty kick, then a straight red. This is seriously the most suspect poo poo.

EDit2: but DC are still poo poo without the ref, olsen's seat better be hot

The ref is bad but DCU is worse.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
That Dallas - Houston scoreline continues to be quite confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Dallas is missing tons of players too, and DC is only missing Birnbaum (and Saborio but he's trash). This is a morale crushing result.

• Locked thread