Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Update:

Bought a pretty clean cinnamon interior for the m3 locally. Now I have to swap that in and sell the Imola. I was looking for cinnamon for a while and everything that popped up was not heated and/or was too far away. Got lucky since the guy already had most of it out and sitting in his basement for the last year and a half cause track car. Ran into him at cars and coffee last week and went to go check it out today and left with it in the back of my cx5

Started with interlagos on dove gray and now ending up with cinnamon is a good fix for this car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Nice! What is your DD?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

Nice! What is your DD?

It was and would be the s2000 but it has needed tires so mostly been driving the cx5 and m3

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Got the Cinnamon interior in on Tuesday and have a guy who is gonna buy the imola one through the local FB group. Turned a profit on the imola, so in the end I ended up with a fully optioned cinnamon interior for a fantastic price

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Anyone recognize that as anything from the car? Took it out to run out some fuel before topping it off to put it away for winter. When I got back I saw a mouse come out from under the car. It had a nest in the intake box. I looked at all the wiring I could see and didn't notice any damage. I'm thinking this might have been a fairly recent move in. Guess it's time to set up some traps around the garage.

I had mouse problems in my detached garage back in KC but hadn't seen any mouse evidence here before this.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

fknlo posted:

Anyone recognize that as anything from the car? Took it out to run out some fuel before topping it off to put it away for winter. When I got back I saw a mouse come out from under the car. It had a nest in the intake box. I looked at all the wiring I could see and didn't notice any damage. I'm thinking this might have been a fairly recent move in. Guess it's time to set up some traps around the garage.

I had mouse problems in my detached garage back in KC but hadn't seen any mouse evidence here before this.

Looks like a standard mouse nest so probably shredded some rags in the garage as opposed to shredding anything on the car to make it.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheFonz posted:

Looks like a standard mouse nest so probably shredded some rags in the garage as opposed to shredding anything on the car to make it.

I honestly can't think of anything in my garage that would have come from. I put dryer sheets all over the car yesterday. They didn't drive the mouse away though as there was some poop on the radiator support. I grabbed some traps on my way to work and I'll get those down tonight.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Not familiar with that specific car but look for any spots where you may have once had insulation. Firewall, hood, etc. Bastards took a chunk out of my truck's some time back.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Suburban Dad posted:

Not familiar with that specific car but look for any spots where you may have once had insulation. Firewall, hood, etc. Bastards took a chunk out of my truck's some time back.

I looked in/around/under the car for something similar and didn't find anything. It probably shredded something on my GTI. The dryer sheets might have worked as I haven't seen any more signs of mouse activity and nothing has showed up in my traps yet.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Small update since I never put up pictures

Fresh from Germany. Once I got the interior in, I ordered this at work. You can see the Imola one still in the car above.

Still waiting on my steering wheel in the mail, and probably gonna snipe an F10 LED shifter setup with the eBay coupon today

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Man, that interior looks really, really nice. :)

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

Man, that interior looks really, really nice. :)

I need to find a brown JDM interior on the yahoo auctions or something for the S2000

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Get on the Jesse Streeter train, yo

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

Get on the Jesse Streeter train, yo

the what?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Oh, sorry, I figured you knew him if you mentioned Yahoo auctions :lol:

He is a dude that lives in Japan that middlemans buying (mostly car) poo poo from Yahoo Auctions, some of the large Japanese tuning shops, etc. https://jessestreeter.com/

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

Oh, sorry, I figured you knew him if you mentioned Yahoo auctions :lol:

He is a dude that lives in Japan that middlemans buying (mostly car) poo poo from Yahoo Auctions, some of the large Japanese tuning shops, etc. https://jessestreeter.com/

Oh, no. I think I have seen him before but I forgot. I'll have to start investigating

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Doctronic ECU on ebay for cheap https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-S2000-ProECU-K-Doctronic-at-S2000-Adapter-ECU-Aftermarket/113387508060
Wonder if I would break even selling my Karcepts STR PNP EMU :v:

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Oh thank god finally a Honda thread!

I gave a thumbs up to a S2k owner this morning on my way to work.

One day I'll be able to afford one...

One day...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
justdoit.gif They aren't real expensive to get into right now, unless you want something low mileage or DBW ap2.

Here we have my AP1 in its natural habitat if you let it slide a little bit too far

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

BlackMK4 posted:

justdoit.gif They aren't real expensive to get into right now, unless you want something low mileage or DBW ap2.

Here we have my AP1 in its natural habitat if you let it slide a little bit too far

I'm in love with your orange hardtop, what kind is it? I live in the Pacific NW so my top's gonna be up for the next 6 months and it'd be nice not to put a lot of wear on the soft top.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It is a FRP Mugen replica of some kind. There was a S2000 out of California some time ago that was painted entirely this color, someone I know bought it as a shell and I bought the hardtop off him.
Knowing what I know now, I'd have gotten an FRP OEM shape (not actual OEM) one so I didn't take the NASA TT points next year but it works fine otherwise and cut a bunch of weight out of the car.

I'll be moving to Washington in about a year and a half or two, hopefully there is a decent track group up there :v:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

BlackMK4 posted:

For real. You can find higher mileage cars that are in pretty drat good shape for $10-12k easy depending on where you're looking.

I'll be replacing my GTI next year and I'm considering picking up a second S2000 that I actually drive along with a mk5 R32 or something along those lines to split DD duties. I don't know if I'll actually go that route, but it's super tempting.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Pretty much, I paid $11.8k for my 2002 with 150k miles in absolutely mint condition with top-shelf SCCA STR prep. Penske double adjustables, Karcepts bars, Karcepts tune, etc. The parts on it would have cost me as much as I paid for the entire car.

Here we are two years later with 175k miles and I've kind of ruined it as a regular street car, though it was fine until the NLR wing went on and I moved to NT01s. This is the longest I've ever owned a car and I have basically had zero urge to get rid of it (because I can't justify a S1 Supermiata).

But yes, there are a number of clean STR prepped cars for sale <$15k right now because the ND2 Miata is arguably the STR car to have now. They are dead reliable, incredibly solid build wise compared to other Hondas, get okay gas mileage, punch well above their class at the track once you learn to drive, and pretty much can't be beaten driving experience wise this side of like an Elise or Cayman GT4.

I had the same thought as fknlo about another S2000 since I've been kind of flipping through daily drivers every 4-6 months, but I don't think I could bring myself to own two of the same car.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 13, 2018

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

BlackMK4 posted:

I had the same thought as fknlo about another S2000 since I've been kind of flipping through daily drivers every 4-6 months, but I don't think I could bring myself to own two of the same car.

If I actually drove mine I would probably be in the same boat and looking in another direction. I don't though, so an AP1 with a hardtop that is modded a bit is really tempting.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
If only the E90 M3 didn't get dumpster tier gas mileage. I just don't want to deal with 16mpg when I put about 18k miles a year on my daily driver. :v:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

If only the E90 M3 didn't get dumpster tier gas mileage. I just don't want to deal with 16mpg when I put about 18k miles a year on my daily driver. :v:

Also they are expensive to keep running

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Forever a civic si

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

Nodoze posted:

Also they are expensive to keep running

Buy one from someone that already did the rod bearings, throttle actuators, and shows signs of being maintained and you’re golden. I’ve had mine for a year and only had to replace a headlight. The car has 73k on it. Assuming my annual service doesn’t unearth some awful, expensive issue it will go in for a wrap soon after (it’s space gray and it is literally the most uninspiring color ever offered on an M3). I picked it up cheap enough that a wrap won’t sting too much.

That does actually bring me to a question for this crowd. I had a goal of picking up an N/A Exige next year but my other half is less than eager to green-light the purchase. My brother has owned an AP1 for 7-ish years and is trading it in next month. I told him I’d cut him a check for whatever they offer plus the tax advantage he’d get. He seems open to that. The car is in decent shape mechanically but a little rough on the outside. If I can pick it up for a song, is that the way to go for a year or two? It has an accident or two so I have a feeling the dealership is going to offer a really low number.

It’s a 2003 with 130k, black, needs paintwork, top might be on its way out (again), just had the 120k service at a Honda dealership, has been in a couple accidents but is otherwise fine. It would mostly be a Friday commuter, occasional spirited drive and maybe a couple track days a year. What’s the price that makes it a steal?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

BlackMK4 posted:

The gas mileage wouldn't bother me too much and I can drive a decent amount depending on where I go on trips. At the prices they go for it would likely be my only other car, and an M3 just flat out wouldn't work super well for me in that regard with all the winter mountain driving I do. I know it's doable, but it's not a route I'd want to go. An RS4 however...

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

It’s a 2003 with 130k, black, needs paintwork, top might be on its way out (again), just had the 120k service at a Honda dealership, has been in a couple accidents but is otherwise fine. It would mostly be a Friday commuter, occasional spirited drive and maybe a couple track days a year. What’s the price that makes it a steal?

I'm gonna say anything under around $8k would be a really good price.

fknlo fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 14, 2018

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Small update: Got the car up on the lift to get the subframe inspected. NO CRACKS BOYS. Praise be :woop:

For the S2000 I am trying to decide what I wanna do. My alignment adjustment bolts are seized, so I am trying to decide between getting new OEM arms or getting a set of used ones and pressing bushings in.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
The people in this video are loving annoying but RIP another S2k.

https://youtu.be/nhFWoyq8OGA

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Jealous Cow posted:

The people in this video are loving annoying but RIP another S2k.

https://youtu.be/nhFWoyq8OGA

Those guys were way worse to listen to than what happened to that car. I mean, yeah RIP and all but Jesus Christ they were hard to listen to.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Nodoze posted:

Small update: Got the car up on the lift to get the subframe inspected. NO CRACKS BOYS. Praise be :woop:

For the S2000 I am trying to decide what I wanna do. My alignment adjustment bolts are seized, so I am trying to decide between getting new OEM arms or getting a set of used ones and pressing bushings in.

i'd just be careful with used, some of the arms bend if you look at them wrong

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
What if a man had two S2000s in Sebring Silver, one as a dd and one as a track car. really makes you think
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/d/mesa-honda-s2000-price-reduced/6768813719.html

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ugh that bootlicker license plate.

But yes buy all the S2Ks since I can't drive one.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Yeah, the license plate flags the owner as garbage, for sure. That interior color is horrible also, fortunately I have a donor car for that :v:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
There's a yellow ap1 listed for $10k in Denver that has like 96k miles on it. Soooooo tempting. I need one that I actually drive

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:
Are you guys bent out of shape about the text of the license plate or the design?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

Are you guys bent out of shape about the text of the license plate or the design?

The "blue lives matter" plate itself. Though I don't recall the text being particularly witty either, but I've already forgotten what it said.