Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Rubellavator posted:

The dreamhack Valencia lan has been going on and it's been pretty crazy. China and NA are in the finals tomorrow. Literally every lan before this has been EU vs EU in the finals. China plays some weird comps with buck, ying and Torvald and it's throwing everyone off. It helps that they're also a really good team.

District 69 also got owned by GQ hard with that comp. They've gotten arrogant and lazy, it was a natural conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

It has been really funny to see EU lose like this. Bird has been extremely dismissive of the whole NA scene, not watching any of their qualifiers, and it really seems like bugzy just doesn't give a poo poo anymore.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Chinese meta is awesome and I love that BUCK WILD going BUCK WILD.

I don't remember who it was either but that dude playing Cassie who went on a 10 streak including that insanely clutch roll arrow tagging the flying Evie this morning was amazing.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
If you watched the Dreamhack streams, make sure to check if you got your Maeve skin even if you didn't get any notifications. The HiRezLootBot account got banned apparently from the sheer volume of notifications it sent out, so a lot of people missed out on theirs.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

I guess I didn't watch long enough or whatever cause I didn't get one but I'm not too sad since I'm not much of a Maeve fan. Finally got around to playing Zhen for the first time today though and he's probably my new favorite flank next to Buck.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I am really, really liking Lian. For one Top Play I sniped an enemy Lian with my ult, shot a Maeve mid air with my sniper skill and ended her with a headshot, it was awesome. Plus playing her has taught me to be more situationally aware, I am too used to be able to tank everything as Inara.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I installed this on a whim the other night and am really enjoying it. It's what I thought Overwatch was going to be. Definitely a lot more casual but the progression system and customization makes it much more my style. It's been a lot of fun to own bones as Mal'Damba

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

cage-free egghead posted:

I installed this on a whim the other night and am really enjoying it. It's what I thought Overwatch was going to be. Definitely a lot more casual but the progression system and customization makes it much more my style. It's been a lot of fun to own bones as Mal'Damba

I definitely have more fun with the Paladins supports than I ever did in OW, and I was a Mercy main through and through.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

I've never played overwatch but a lot of the supports in paladins are kinda like support healing or support/other class. Seris is probably the top used support outside of the free rotation and it's mostly cause she can poo poo damage on a point. Grover is also either a good healer or a goddamn hunting machine.

All the classes are like that though, I love it. Zhen Ji can ghetto frontline if setup for it, Bomb King is a great flanker, etc.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I really enjoy the new Flanknando and playing him on the new Test Map Shade. It's symmetrical, got alot of routes and is small enough to make people fight instead of camping on one spot.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

OxMan posted:

I've never played overwatch but a lot of the supports in paladins are kinda like support healing or support/other class. Seris is probably the top used support outside of the free rotation and it's mostly cause she can poo poo damage on a point. Grover is also either a good healer or a goddamn hunting machine.

All the classes are like that though, I love it. Zhen Ji can ghetto frontline if setup for it, Bomb King is a great flanker, etc.

Yeah, Mal'Damba is like that too. I spent some elixir or whatever to buy some extra cards and the other legendary card to go for more of a DPS build and that was awesome.

At times it felt unfair too but I'm guessing that it could be simply the F2P crowd in lower ranks playing characters they might not understand the best. I was able to kill a Fernando 5 or 6 times in one round almost by myself, he just kept overextending and perhaps thought he should have no trouble with a Support character but wasn't able to do much unless he had the drop.

I'm also impressed with the map layouts, you don't spend much downtime at all in this game and that was a big criticism I had with other games like this. The mounts are a good addition and while the maps are simple, they usually provide several choke points with various ways to get there and move your team forward, where other games may feel like a downright stalemate once reached.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Maldamba is like the top used pro healer, pros hit that reload stun snake every time. He's got a huge skill ceiling. I'm actually a lil butthurt about fernando because it seems almost all the new heroes poo poo on him and he's kinda easily neutered by shield wrecker to a degree other characters not named torvald are. Jenos can just pop him up now and team can kill him from underneath for free with shield out.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

This is why you pick the Scorch Legendary and go play Flanknando. His high hp, mobility and ability to spam fireball makes him very good at grilling squishies.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Have they fixed the drop hack exploit yet? For those not knowing what that means, Someone with basically DDoS the server and make the game go poof. It happened to me three times in one day a few weeks ago and I haven't touched Paladins since.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Apparently not since they haven't fixed it since half my games for the past few days got drop hacked.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I've noticed some weird lag out times on PS4 as well, could that be the same hack?

Also, god dammit console users stop picking Sha Lin and Kinessa on consoles in competative. Only 1 out of every ten of you is worth your salt as them, and if you're wondering, no, that 1 is not you.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Anora posted:

I've noticed some weird lag out times on PS4 as well, could that be the same hack?

Also, god dammit console users stop picking Sha Lin and Kinessa on consoles in competative. Only 1 out of every ten of you is worth your salt as them, and if you're wondering, no, that 1 is not you.

Kinessa is kinda rear end if you're not making every charged shot count but Sha Lin can easily be built into an arrow spitting machine while still being able to make those clutch long distance kills. DMing Grovers are my bane, stop trying to hit Li An from across the map and fuckin heal me!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

The servers have been extremely bad lately, but I think that's unrelated to drophacks. Drophacks just straight up cause the game to end and a lot of time happen in games where there isn't any lag at all.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

OxMan posted:

Kinessa is kinda rear end if you're not making every charged shot count but Sha Lin can easily be built into an arrow spitting machine while still being able to make those clutch long distance kills. DMing Grovers are my bane, stop trying to hit Li An from across the map and fuckin heal me!

Of the last 6 comp games, 5 of them have had a low damage Sha Lin in them on my team, and it just sucks. They end up with a decent amount of kills, but nearly no objective time, and the one time one of them got a play of the game, he was just sitting back watching the rest of us get chewed up by the other team, and then spitting an arrow when he saw an enemy getting low.

I'd say most Kinessa are decent at getting the head shots, but I only see 1 in 7 or so use the drat slow mines.

Most of the other characters are just hard to see being awful, or have an inverse crap to good ratio. Like you rarely see Ruckuses sitting a mile back any more, and at least half of the Mal'dambas heal. A few champions I'm always fairly exited to see, Ash, Makoa, Torvalds, Androxius, Seris, Ying, Tyra, and Viktor are almost always doing their part.

Also, Jenos is so fun. I bought his legendary card that gives people he's healing a 15% damage boost, and try to keep one heal on the tank and one on a damage dealer. And most teams seem to understand that when I lift someone, you kill the poo poo out of that guy.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Anora posted:

Also, Jenos is so fun. I bought his legendary card that gives people he's healing a 15% damage boost, and try to keep one heal on the tank and one on a damage dealer. And most teams seem to understand that when I lift someone, you kill the poo poo out of that guy.

I'm not sold on whether Jenos can outdps/utility Seris but his HPS seems higher and he definitely has a clutch ultimate. And yeah wtf sha lin is great on point, he can invis if he gets skyed and reply in tow with l1.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Not gonna lie, I'm probably gonna have a blast with this dude:

But I'm not sure if I want to be lumped in with the people who typically play sniper

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

On the other hand Flash Bang.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

I wonder if we'll ever get another stealth hero to break the ranked current ban meta of no Skye if not skye then no torvald or if there's no edges no Seris.

Spite picking Jenos is ok tho.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

DarklyDreaming posted:

But I'm not sure if I want to be lumped in with the people who typically play sniper

Feels a lot like CS if you were running an awp and usp. He can be played pretty aggressively too thanks to the stealth mechanic.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
So I only managed to get 4 loot boxes out of this week ends event, friday was just because I didn't have the time, Got three on sat, then proceeded to win only two games on Sunday of like 12, and on the second win, I got disconnected at the end of the score screen and didn't get my second win of the day or loot box...

I was actually doing really well, but I just got garbage team mates. Like 3 games where a different Seris had under 2000 healing each game and two games where someone went afk. One was just an unlucky last point, where both teams fought pretty well, but the other team managed to hold the objective for the last point. Then there was the game where I got most kills, assists, damage, and healing of the game, because I was loving Jenos, and god dammit I will carry a drat team. I'm also not sure how the Drogoz on my team managed a 0/10/0 score with only 6000 damage.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah I'm not having a good time either. For the entire week I've been up against Diamond/Master level players in Casual . Meanwhile I don't have anyone that good on my team. Or how in comp the game thinks I'm as bad as players with hundreds of hours in this game, but have a <50% wr and sub 2k elo.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Yeah, it's been rough this week.

just completed my competitive trials, and am bronze 1. So hopefully I can pull up through to gold 5 for the Drogoz skin. I should be good if I can get Ash, Jenos, Skye, or Tyra, totally feeling those 4.

Played a game with Strix, he's good, but I'm not feeling him, might just need to mess with him some more, but eh.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Been having a good streak on Competitive, I'm gold 5 now.

Also I love that the Jenos nerf is hitting the legendary card I don't use. I've found the 15% damage buff on you and the allies you're healing to be much more broken then the instant heal. Once the enemy team loads up on cauterize the heal is useless, but the extra damage really helps your team.

Also got yelled at for not healing the tank enough one game, end results had me at most healing for the game, and second most kills in the game... You know random players, sometimes it's not the healing being to low, so much as it is the damage being too low.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Good news, next patch you can see who is healing you and for what amount so no one can deny you're healing them. Also their health bars turn green when you're healing, yellow when under cauterize.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I wasn't really bothered by it, it's just like, "Look dude, I have a heal thing on two people, and 22 eliminations, and I still haven't seen our Victor or Sha Lin after we leave the spawn."

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I had no idea this game had a thread for it. Any ps4 dudes posting? I'm a career Grohk player.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Yeah, PS4 here as well.

Man I am not feeling Strix at all, like I can do stuff with Kinessa, but I just can't do crap with Strix.

Also, on that note, played with an amazing Kinessa the other day, learned some fun tactics when I had a chance to watch her mid match.

Anyone ever had a team just quit, when I was doing some stuff yesterday my team was 3 to 1 on points, and for the last point the enemy team just never showed up at the objective.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

"Oh a Kinessa is on our Team. Watch as we get paired up against pro tier players."
Imagine my surprise when I saw z1unknown's username on the loading screen. The guy's elo is 4999, mine is 2465.
http://paladins.guru/match/pc/162292310
Needless to say I lost hard. At least as Lian I was able to beat z1uknown in a few duels.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I had a Grandmaster join a game on my side, he picked Drogoz, and rocked face with him, scoring 45 kills, I was Inara, with 621 objective time. And we lost because even though we had Myself, the Drogoz, and two supports, the last guy picked Torvald and we just couldn't output the damage to kill the other team.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Any thoughts on the Androxus/Torvold changes? I had a hard time adjusting to paying Andro during the quick play sessions I tried him out with. Don't really like it, but I might need to get used to it. Requiring you to manually click for each shot isn't something I like.

Torvold got a really big change - health nerfed way down, no more auto aim. But he shoots out projectiles that deal 200 damage each and can let him attack people from far off. His Recharge moved to F, right click now does Nullify which locks onto a target dealing 800 damage and Silences them (no more Disarm through, so they can attack back). He also can't drain shields anymore. It's pretty different, but I'm still having fun with him.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Heliotrope posted:

Any thoughts on the Androxus/Torvold changes? I had a hard time adjusting to paying Andro during the quick play sessions I tried him out with. Don't really like it, but I might need to get used to it. Requiring you to manually click for each shot isn't something I like.

Torvold got a really big change - health nerfed way down, no more auto aim. But he shoots out projectiles that deal 200 damage each and can let him attack people from far off. His Recharge moved to F, right click now does Nullify which locks onto a target dealing 800 damage and Silences them (no more Disarm through, so they can attack back). He also can't drain shields anymore. It's pretty different, but I'm still having fun with him.

Androxus' recoil is straight up nauseating for me. It makes me feel uncomfortable even just watching people play him now, and I'm basically never touching that character again if they don't adjust the recoil camera animation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/71ivny/camera_recoil_comparison_of_csgo_deagle_and/

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The worst part of the Torvald change was moving all his bindings around for some reason. I died more times yesterday from trying to silence someone but wasting my armor recharge instead than I did from anything else.

I also liked the autoaim laser, it was unique to him and the last thing hero shooters need is more projectile spam. That said I understand that it was a weight around his neck for design and probably made balancing him more work than Hi-Rez was interested in doing.

e: the new hero is super cute and I like his personality a lot, but man he does not seem very good right now.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

DarklyDreaming posted:

Reinstalled today after many months away, this fella looks fun to play. Not used to the stealth mechanic or awkward hotkeys, but he shoots simply and fun.

Is there any current list of in game names? I've still got the steam group POVERTY PALADINS, if anyone wants an invite and get it going again post here or tell me a better way to do it. Is the teamspeak or any voice chat group still going?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Talus' Rune needs to act like a Portal Gun. As is he is way too predictable as a flanker. He can't stick his rune on any surface other than the floor, can't throw his rune and typically only uses it to get out after a gank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
He also has no real substantial burst. He's like a Damage with a bit more mobility and worse effective range.