Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I'm getting really atrocious performance on an overclocked 4670k and 1080, down to the low 20s-30s at points on ultra/1920x1080. Not sure what's up with that at all. I have the latest drivers and everything. It might not like shadowplay or something.

The game also seems largely okay. The fact that you have to unlock the rocket launcher is making tanks ridiculously overpowered at the moment, and it seems like they don't ever respawn during the round, so the last tank standing has free reign to do whatever it wants.

Footsteps also need to be way louder. I've never heard any enemies walking up behind me.

Also, here's the first time I shot a tank canon:

https://gfycat.com/BogusJadedHumpbackwhale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

NuckmasterJ posted:

I guess no one countered you with an Artillery Truck? That thing is the cats meow.

Yeah most of it was just luck because previous rounds I'd get wrecked instantly sometimes.

xyigx posted:

And now I own every gadget and gun in the game already. Rip me.

I repeat go here buy stuff have fun.

:siren::siren: edit load, spend war bucks ext here offline https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/career :siren::siren:

This is awesome thanks!

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I'm getting really atrocious performance on an overclocked 4670k and 1080, down to the low 20s-30s at points on ultra/1920x1080. Not sure what's up with that at all. I have the latest drivers and everything. It might not like shadowplay or something.

Did you accidentally put your resolution scale to 100%? Dont.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

ShineDog posted:

Did you accidentally put your resolution scale to 100%? Dont.

Nope, it's at 42%. I'm really not sure what the issue is.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Notes from the front:
- Cavalry class is amazing on and off the horse. Being able to self-heal and give ammo is too good.
- It takes loving forever to rank up your classes, have fun grinding out to get the good equipment
- Where does the artillery truck spawn? Haven't seen anyone using it yet
- The flamethrower class is legit, but don't bother going for the AT guy, it takes 5 minutes to run back to the action after picking it up

Game is still fun and good :horse:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
horses are dumb and can't kill tanks THANKS DICE
http://i.imgur.com/vAI7E5F.gifv

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

moist turtleneck posted:

horses are dumb and can't kill tanks THANKS DICE
http://i.imgur.com/vAI7E5F.gifv

hit "g"

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Notes from the front:
- Cavalry class is amazing on and off the horse. Being able to self-heal and give ammo is too good.
- It takes loving forever to rank up your classes, have fun grinding out to get the good equipment
- The flamethrower class is legit, but don't bother going for the AT guy, it takes 5 minutes to run back to the action after picking it up

I didn't know there was flamethrower in game until I just saw a guy on fire run out of a building and die. where do you pick it up?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

xyigx posted:

:siren::siren: edit load, spend war bucks ext here offline https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/career :siren::siren:

Proclick right here.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

ethanol posted:

I didn't know there was flamethrower in game until I just saw a guy on fire run out of a building and die. where do you pick it up?

Dezztroy posted:

Heavy armor + MG spawns at objective F, flamethrower is at objective B, AT rifle is at objective E.

Heavy armor is best used on horseback.

I kind of wish you could use your regular weapons while riding. Flamethrower horses :black101:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ethanol posted:

There are a few spawns on this map. I know where they are at, but I don't remember which points they correspond to. Anyway, they are pickups at different points on the map. There is a heavy weapon spawn (with damage reduction from bullets), a flamethrower, and a tank killer spawn

someone can probably tell you the exact points tho.

Elos
Jan 8, 2009

xyigx posted:

Try this https://www.vg247.com/2016/08/30/this-trick-lets-you-use-your-existing-battlefield-4-key-bindings-and-graphics-settings-with-battlefield-1/

If that does not work disable origin cloud save on the game then delete the file. Open battlefield and it will make a new one. Then close battlefield reenable cloud save and when it asks say use local. One of these two should get you sorted.

Maybe the beta doesn't use cloud save because it didn't ask anything when I did that. Anyhow, all my bindings show up fine in the PROFSAVE_profile and in the in-game menus but the vehicles just ignore it all and use the defaults.

Can someone else try rebinding something in their vehicle controls and see if it'll work?

Elos fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 31, 2016

Vulcan
Mar 24, 2005
Motobike
I tried to rebind the vehicle move forward key and it didn't work.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Dezztroy posted:

Heavy armor is best used on horseback.

god drat, this is no loving joke

Elos
Jan 8, 2009

Thanks DICE. THICE.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Does the mouse wheel just make your view turn left or right for anyone else? I can't seem to get it to actually switch between my gear no matter what.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

404notfound posted:

god drat, this is no loving joke

Seriously:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U-Vu_VQdCM&t=118s

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Deakul posted:

Does the mouse wheel just make your view turn left or right for anyone else? I can't seem to get it to actually switch between my gear no matter what.

Mouse wheel weapon switching is the domain of scrubs anyway. Learn to use buttons and git gud.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

:eyepop:

It is my goal tonight to try to make this happen.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Press c to switch sword swinging side

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

K8.0 posted:

Mouse wheel weapon switching is the domain of scrubs anyway. Learn to use buttons and git gud.

rude

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

ethanol posted:

Press c to switch sword swinging side

Now you tell me :argh:.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Well it appears the best way to get a guy to stop shooting you is to light his rear end on fire

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Elos posted:

Anyone know a magic trick to make the vehicle keybinds work? I've changed movement to ESDF, use/enter/exit to T etc. and now every time I hop into a car and try to accelerate I jump out and look like an idiot. It doesn't help that my use key is what puts the gas mask on originally because every time I jump into a vehicle I instantly have the mask on my face.

So the game somehow uses the default binds for vehicles it's kinda ruining the game for me. How in the hell do you gently caress up key binding in tyol 2016?

I remember Ravic/Blackmesatech complaining about this in the alpha. Said it was an issue already back in BF4. I have an issue with mapping 3p view to a mouse button in BF1. Worked fine in BF4.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Anyone else not able to connect right now? :negative:

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
A horse is a car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6REEeaX29pY

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

that owns

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The game will just lock up and not accept my inputs for a few seconds at a time. I hold W and move my mouse, it keeps moving forward after I let go of W and doesn't do the mouse movements until then. :mad:

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

They dont make horses like they used to anymore.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Deakul posted:

Anyone else not able to connect right now? :negative:

Intermittently today, yes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Luigi Thirty posted:

The game will just lock up and not accept my inputs for a few seconds at a time. I hold W and move my mouse, it keeps moving forward after I let go of W and doesn't do the mouse movements until then. :mad:

this happened to me a few times last night. It always seemed to be in response to being shot. Obviously didn't happen every time, but sometimes I'd get shot and the game would just hitch and not accept any inputs. I'd get 60-80 FPS otherwise, and suddenly all inputs are dropped during those locks.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Not having played a Battlefield since Vietnam, this is p fun I guess. Messing with settings/controls/sensitivities is not as easy as it should be.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

It seems that in order Medic, Scout, Assault then Support are the most useful classes.

Has anyone unlocked additional weapons?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

http://www.product-reviews.net/2016/08/31/poodlecorp-ddos-takes-ea-blizzard-servers-down/

God drat script kiddies.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I have a really poo poo gaming laptop and I get around like 30-50 FPS on low. Are there any console commands I can use or anything to increase my FPS any further?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Bayonet charges make this game.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

kill me meow

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Notes from the front:

Artillery spawns like a normal tank. You have the options for Light Tank, Heavy, Land Snail and Artillery.

Artillery is two shotting light tanks, cars explode in one hit. Just as long as no one figures out how to unlock the AT rocket and you stay away from infantry grenades you dominate.

AEMINAL posted:

kill me meow

EA servers just went down :(

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

xyigx posted:

:siren: EVERYONE DO THIS :siren:

poo poo works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
For Agatha :black101:

The missing health was from a sniper who very soon after discovered his mistake.