Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Morglon posted:

Because you're swimming in the blue stuff anyway from the event that encouraged you to chain bosses for hours?

Why would having blue gear encourage you to craft higher quality gear when you're just going to outlevel it?

Unrelated, as a stamina build is it worth it to build around 5 piece heavy armor for the HP for survivability? I feel like missing out on the attack power from 5 piece medium would be rough, but what good does crazy high attack power do if you can't stay alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I'd recommend going two heavy 5 medium if you're having trouble staying alive. You really need that medium 5 piece bonus as a stam DPS. More important is to get some HP enchants and slot one or two self heal type skills.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

This is my first character and I've been following the guide Scyantific left on here for a stamsorc and it has been going very well. I finally got to the point where having some HP wasn't enough so I'm trying some Vampire's Kiss gear to see if that helps with a 1 light, 1 heavy, 5 medium mix. I just took the summoned pet off my bar who was doing a lot of tanking for me so I've been dying more. I'm hoping with this change and having Bound Armor that it'll level out nicely for me. I've done a couple daily dungeons and feel like my DPS is pretty poo poo but I don't have a good way to track it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

Why would having blue gear encourage you to craft higher quality gear when you're just going to outlevel it?

Unrelated, as a stamina build is it worth it to build around 5 piece heavy armor for the HP for survivability? I feel like missing out on the attack power from 5 piece medium would be rough, but what good does crazy high attack power do if you can't stay alive?

Not unless it's Black Rose or Clever Alchemist (or maybe Fasalla's), with some sort of proc set garbage.

For PvE? Forget about it.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I always made my stuff blue because it's not hard to do and arguably doubles the time it's decent for you, it's not worth it super early but you hit 40 or so and yeah it helps a lot. I mean I guess it comes down to preference but it saved me a bunch of round trips to get to all the set shrines. Also it was my first time leveling through champion stuff, if you already have someone high up that changes things but it all depends on how many materials you can/want to burn i guess.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Nov 6, 2016

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

is there any sense to why some pubblies don't like spamming wrecking blow and snipe? A build-up attack against a single target seems like the ideal against a boss.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

is there any sense to why some pubblies don't like spamming wrecking blow and snipe? A build-up attack against a single target seems like the ideal against a boss.

1. Pubbies are retarded
2. WB and Snipe are too much a DPS loss compared to poo poo like Flurry/SA/Jabs/Funnel.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
When we get player housing, I hope the game finally gives us invincible target dummies.

They won't, but I hold out hope.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
What do we know about player housing, aside from that we're getting it?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rollersnake posted:

What do we know about player housing, aside from that we're getting it?

There's a post somewhere that summarizes this poo poo, but the main points are that you can do a quest to get a small house for free, all houses will be gold-purchase only, you can craft and sell furniture, and they will all be instanced.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ok folks I quit

(That's 2 Sorcerers, 3 Nightblades, 3 Dragonknights, and 4 Templars)

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Nov 6, 2016

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I wish I had known a little bit more Elder Scrolls lore before I started playing. I'm still pleased with myself for coming up with "Anoline Sane" for my glamsorc, but it doesn't follow Argonian naming conventions and it's ruining my immersion. :saddowns:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Rollersnake posted:

I wish I had known a little bit more Elder Scrolls lore before I started playing. I'm still pleased with myself for coming up with "Anoline Sane" for my glamsorc, but it doesn't follow Argonian naming conventions and it's ruining my immersion. :saddowns:

My main Argo doesn't either. Just pretend he wasn't raised with an Argo family or something.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Aramek posted:

My main Argo doesn't either. Just pretend he wasn't raised with an Argo family or something.

Yeah, "raised by another group" can be used to explain away much. When I get around to making a second character, I think it will be an Imperial who was raised by Argonians, and so named "Breathes-Water-Poorly."

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

CaptainCaveman posted:

Yeah, "raised by another group" can be used to explain away much. When I get around to making a second character, I think it will be an Imperial who was raised by Argonians, and so named "Breathes-Water-Poorly."

Haha. If I make a second character, I'll probably go with the most twisted, misshapen Altmer or the fattest, dopiest Khajit.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Rollersnake posted:

the fattest, dopiest Khajit.

Hates-Mondays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHR0EfYACAI

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
My traditional backstory for all my TES characters, at least since I switched to Argonians, was 'raised in Cyrodiil.'

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Just tell everyone you're a space janitor slacking off from your work shift in the holodeck and that's why your Argonian is named Roger Wilco.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/302215/double-vma-loot-which-weapons-did-you-get

Thread to chug all the tryhard tears from Vet Maelstrom RNG

Also I like how people think that Sharpened Maelstrom Bows are "BiS" :laffo:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

DancingShade posted:

Just tell everyone you're a space janitor slacking off from your work shift in the holodeck and that's why your Argonian is named Roger Wilco.

I'm a 12th level vice president.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

RNG was NOT nice to me on my first double drop run of vMA.

Defending Resto Staff
Infused Mace + Impenetrable Shield (these come as a set)

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
I'm downloading this to play with my brother, and I want to find a build that emphasizes mobility and utility/control. Any suggestions?

Shazaam
Nov 23, 2010

@shaz44m for an invite please.

Leveling an imperial templar for sweet tanking goodness. I do like the crafting, and hopefully not going to gimp my character by dropping points into 3 of the skills?

Buying every champ160 intricate weapon i can find to deconn, but farming gold at lowbie life sucks.

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
Boho and Scyan, thanks for running me through dungeons last night. I just hit cp160, and the gear advice is really helpful. There's a ton of gear out there

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

We'll craft stuff for you too.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Orsinium Event Maelstrom Run #2:

Defending Bow (I have one of these already)
Infused Maul

gently caress you, Wrobel.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Shazaam posted:

@shaz44m for an invite please.

Leveling an imperial templar for sweet tanking goodness. I do like the crafting, and hopefully not going to gimp my character by dropping points into 3 of the skills?

Buying every champ160 intricate weapon i can find to deconn, but farming gold at lowbie life sucks.

There's a ton of extra skill points in the game so you'll be fine. Anyone know if getting all of the skillpoints will let you max out all of the skills? (aside from ones exclusive to other classes/races obv.)

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

The Moon Monster posted:

There's a ton of extra skill points in the game so you'll be fine. Anyone know if getting all of the skillpoints will let you max out all of the skills? (aside from ones exclusive to other classes/races obv.)

I don't think so, I'm only short about 40-50 sky shards, and missing some skill points from dungeons/trials, but that's at most another 10-20, so I'm missing maybe 60 skill points and that might fill out my class skills and weapon skills, but I'd still be left short on 3 crafting lines, some guild poo poo, undaunted etc etc.

*edit*

Having said that, you get a shitload of skill points, you will not have issues unless you are dumb like me and doing crafting on your main.

Still not too much trouble, when I want to change things up slightly, I just kill all my morphs for cheap, if I'm making a big change (like when I went from light armor/staves to medium/2handed) I respeced all points.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

A little over 350 skillpoints in the game available, 50 of those locked behind PvP.

E: Maelstrom Run #3 - Decisive 2H Maul, Infused+Sturdy Sword and Board

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 9, 2016

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Haven't played lately, still a bit hungover from the grindfest that was Halloween. Can anyone give me the cliffsnotes on how to make the most of the Orsinium event?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Grind Veteran Maelstrom Arena for weapons, and scour the place for resources if those had double gain too.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Finally got a Destro Staff out of Maelstrom arena.

Decisive trait :suicide:

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
poo poo, how large is the download for this game? I went to reinstall it yesterday in order to buy the DLC on the cheap and it said my drive with 65gb open didn't have enough space.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Is anyone playing this on a Mac? I'm using the XBox One elite controller which works fine for every other game I have but in ESO the triggers don't do anything. If I boot into Windows, it works fine. I've tried a couple of remapper utilities to add the functionality to just those two buttons but for whatever reason it just doesn't work in MacOS. Any ideas?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Haerc posted:

poo poo, how large is the download for this game? I went to reinstall it yesterday in order to buy the DLC on the cheap and it said my drive with 65gb open didn't have enough space.

65gigs sounds about right, its a large download.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Haerc posted:

It's like 85 gigs, and getting larger all the time :getin:

The Pirate Captain posted:

Is anyone playing this on a Mac? I'm using the XBox One elite controller which works fine for every other game I have but in ESO the triggers don't do anything. If I boot into Windows, it works fine. I've tried a couple of remapper utilities to add the functionality to just those two buttons but for whatever reason it just doesn't work in MacOS. Any ideas?

Unfortunately the Mac version doesn't have controller support. I don't know about third-party stuff though.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Ixjuvin posted:

Unfortunately the Mac version doesn't have controller support. I don't know about third-party stuff though.

It's weird though - it mostly works, all the other buttons on the controller do exactly what they're supposed to. It's just the triggers that don't.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

That's odd.

Maybe macs can't do analog.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
That is weird. Does ESO natively support any gamepads without analog triggers?

This game really is so, so much better with a gamepad aside from a few instances where the gamepad interface is inferior. Also I'd much rather have block on LB and attack on RB, but one of your skills HAS to be bound to LB + RB, and I accidentally trigger it all the time if I try to use those bindings.

I certainly don't need to be circling and dodging like I'm playing Dark Souls, and I don't even know that it's much more effective to do so, but I like that I can since it just feels right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Quick derail to let you guys know my dog was found today and he's back home. Have a dog pic:

Now run pledges with me, need to try out a new gear setup on my lizplar tank.