Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Ok even I don't like horse arching that much.

Wait he has first person view, does the game have first person view I didn't notice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

I was excited as poo poo, on the 25th when you got your adj token, I thought I pulled in 8 of them., figuring that I would only need two more for one of the hidden guys. Apparently, that 8 was just the number token. I only have 1. Have they mentioned any other way of getting tokens?

Also there is a discord up for tiger knight bads, Hit me up on steam - McRobit for the information.

Trying to pool our guys into one server since some of us have T7+ troops and are interested in completing PVE on hard. By the way gently caress HARD mode. On the part which you have to protect the general inside the castle once he dies, all the enemy troops stay around him and another wave spawns. We had at least 20 brave soldiers attacking him at one point. On that portion alone I think we went through 30 revives. Luckily once you kill the 150 that part is over and the tally carries over after each failed attempt. The next and final fight is just as fun.

Equate fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 27, 2016

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer

Equate posted:

I was excited as poo poo, on the 25th when you got your adj token, I thought I pulled in 8 of them., figuring that I would only need two more for one of the hidden guys. Apparently, that 8 was just the number token. I only have 1. Have they mentioned any other way of getting tokens?

You could wait another month and try to get the same token again, then only 8 more months to hope for.

Apparently they are also rare rewards for Hard mode PVE but I've never tried that.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

So from what I have seen on normal PVE rewards, but this is just to my own observations is that the 4th target from the left gives you the Three-Headed weapon, the 2nd target from the left gives you the white horse. I only come to this because I always pick the 4th and 2nd targets.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I always pick the second from the left myself and I've gotten all sorts of rewards. :nyan:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Saw a guy who carried two shields today, and then I learned that the one that stays on your back blocks attacks. Kinda smart I guess. I only really use a pike or a 1h+shield anyway so I might try it out.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Just applied to Goon as Firstscion.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Saw a guy who carried two shields today, and then I learned that the one that stays on your back blocks attacks. Kinda smart I guess. I only really use a pike or a 1h+shield anyway so I might try it out.

Yup, the shield's coverage is also based on the shield's model size. I've been able to shoot people's feet while their shield is still up. You might be able to swing a long weapon at their feet too, but I haven't checked that.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Tiger Knight: Empire War Update Announcement (0.0.60)

Adjustment

Soldiers
Jiangdong Longbowmen: the damage of Bow Volley will increase by 15%.
Jingzhou Sailors: the attack speed in melee wars is up by 20%.’
Archer Militia: the Volley damage is improved by 20%.
Yanzhou Spearmen: the damage of pike wall against soldiers is elevated by 12%.
Wu Fearless Squad: the CD time of Charge is lowered to 20 seconds, and the Stamina Cost is down to 25.
Nanman Elite Raiders: the frequency of melee wars is accelerated by 20%.
Danyang Infantry: the CD time of Charge is reduced to 20 seconds, and the Stamina Cost to 20.
Jingzhou Heavy Infantry: the attack speed of melee wars is elevated by 15%, and basic defense to 3.
Garrison Spears: the damage of pike wall is brought down by 10%.
Shu Mounted Crossbowmen: the damage on soldiers is dropped by 5% and the accuracy 5%.
Wei Heavy Halberdiers: movement speed is cut down by 8% when using Multi Kill.
Game Mode
Siege:
The damage of General pushing battering ram against the Gate is improved by 50.
Offensive force can resurrect 50 more soldiers (from 500 soldiers to 550).
Bugs Fixed
Multi Kill sometimes causes soldiers to attack dying General.
Bug happens when soldiers deploy Pike Wall to block.
Multi Kill is not effective when forcing to use ranged weapons.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Just unlocked the short bow for my general but when I equip it it's forbidden and I can't shoot. Any ideas? Do I buy arrows? Also I'm just l10, should I be doing competitive PvP wars or is there a better way to grind?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Mugsbaloney posted:

Just unlocked the short bow for my general but when I equip it it's forbidden and I can't shoot. Any ideas? Do I buy arrows? Also I'm just l10, should I be doing competitive PvP wars or is there a better way to grind?

Did you equip arrows?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Is this game still fun or is the dev running it into the ground?

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mugsbaloney posted:

PvP is only good for general xp and exploit points which give you special armour and weapons that aren't better than usual just a different path. The grind is strong though in pvp and it can be really imbalanced if any side is organised.

You should equip arrows or bolts from storage so they take up one slot.

This game is grindy at all levels and really, gold is hard to come by after your first 1500 or so. I mean, you might get 2 honour points for repeating a medal while you may need 500-1000 for the next unlock of gold.

Michaellaneous posted:

Is this game still fun or is the dev running it into the ground?

I think it's getting too grindy. I have basically stopped playing and just leave it run for the two hours while doing other stuff so I get the rewards. Even then it's wearing me down. It is an alpha though (0.060) I think so maybe it'll improve. Lag still persists and ping is just really weird for me. I can go from 60 to 10k all of a sudden and I can only wait 5 minutes for it to settle. But hey, it's free, can be fun and is still being developed so I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Also, no one is active in the European goon legion anymore. :cry:

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Red Metal posted:

Did you equip arrows?

Where do the arrows live? I didn't see them anywhere in the UI, i am an old and my eyes arent what they used to be...

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Rap Three Times posted:

I think it's getting too grindy.

Are you grinding for anything in particular? The only type of thing that you can't get early and need to seriously grind for is if you really want a repeating crossbow.

If you're just grinding for a sense of progression you're doing it wrong. If you're not enjoying the game at tier 5, just playing for it's own sake, you should quit and do something better with your time. The game doesn't fundamentally change after that; the advancement is just window dressing.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Tier 10 is not more fun than Tier 5.

They never are in these types of games.

If you are playing to get to Tier 10, yah, it is grindy. Stop doing that.

Fallout
Mar 8, 2005
Ignorance is bliss
New patch notes, mostly balance tweaks:

quote:

Update Content
According to the statistics collected from our servers, we will adjust the balance of some soldiers and mode rules in this game.

Adjustment

Soldiers

Jiangdong Longbowmen: the damage of Bow Volley will increase by 15%.

Jingzhou Sailors: the attack speed in melee wars is up by 20%.’

Archer Militia: the Volley damage is improved by 20%.

Yanzhou Spearmen: the damage of pike wall against soldiers is elevated by 12%.

Wu Fearless Squad: the CD time of Charge is lowered to 20 seconds, and the Stamina Cost is down to 25.

Nanman Elite Raiders: the frequency of melee wars is accelerated by 20%.

Danyang Infantry: the CD time of Charge is reduced to 20 seconds, and the Stamina Cost to 20.

Jingzhou Heavy Infantry: the attack speed of melee wars is elevated by 15%, and basic defense to 3.

Garrison Spears: the damage of pike wall is brought down by 10%.

Shu Mounted Crossbowmen: the damage on soldiers is dropped by 5% and the accuracy 5%.

Wei Heavy Halberdiers: movement speed is cut down by 8% when using Multi Kill.

Game Mode

Siege:

The damage of General pushing battering ram against the Gate is improved by 50.

Offensive force can resurrect 50 more soldiers (from 500 soldiers to 550).

Bugs Fixed

Multi Kill sometimes causes soldiers to attack dying General.
Bug happens when soldiers deploy Pike Wall to block.
Multi Kill is not effective when forcing to use ranged weapons.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

That was already posted, on this page.

Savgeir
Dec 23, 2013

Have you appeased the machine spirits today?

I've applied for Goon as Tarick

Please save me from myself for I am awful, or maybe its just the random people who leave me to die.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

quote:

Content of Update

Time-limited Battlefield
Players can choose the new game mode: “Time limited Battlefield” from the matchmaking interface. Later there will be more modes opened in Time-limited battlefield, but currently we have the following modes:
Command mode – 7V7 Conquest Mode. Opening time: everyday 19:00-20:00
Duel Mode – Squad Deathmatch. Opening time: everyday 20:00-21:00

New Soldiers
New soldier unit: Pike-Shield soldier of Wu
Soldiers’ equipment-Pike and Shield can effectively defend against the charge from light cavalry and infantry, even though the damage of Pike-Shield soldier is not as high as Wu infantry, the shield can still improve their performance.
New Map
Newly added map to Duel Mode: Jianye Field
In 212, Sun Quan renamed Moling to Jianye, and built the Stone City. The training field in the city was built with bricks and equipped with various siege-train and blocking boards for the defensive troops daily training.
New Duel Mode Squad Deathmatch: Deserted Village
As a hub of the Silk Road, Liangzhou was located in the frontier of the Han Empire. After long-term reclamation, the desolate Liangzhou became prosperous gradually. However, in the last years of the Eastern Han Dynasty, Liangzhou people suffered a lot from continuous warfare. What’s more, warlords rose up and tried to set up independent regime. The cruel and bloody wars forced Liangzhou regress to desolation.

Adjustment

Matchmaking
Duel Mode: Matchmaking Rules Adjustment:
The maximum number of Level 1 room is changed to 6V6,and the map changed to: Bowang Field.
The maximum number of level 5 room is changed to 15V15, the map changed to: Snowland and Bowang Field.

Game Mode
Currently the duel gamemode Taking Stronghold has not reached the expected effect, so this update we will remove it.
Environment
The newly increased environment testing tool: TigerKnightEnv.exe.
After logging in the game, if there is no Kingdom-Win32-Shipping.exe in task manager under the processes tab, this means the environment is not successfully installed. You can find the environment testing tool: TigerKnightEnv.exe under the root directory of the client program and run that file to start testing.
If the environment is not successfully installed, please find the folder: _CommonRedist and install the required environment and restart the game.

Soldiers
Wu Fearless Squad: ranged defense capacity is increased by 15%, and added the skill Ambush.
Qingzhou Elite Cavalry: ranged defense ability is lifted by 12%.
Xuzhou Crossbowmen: the effective time of regional strike is added with 5 more seconds.
Shu Light Crossbowmen: the effective time of regional strike is raised by 3 more seconds.
Shu Repeating Crossbowmen: the damage of regional strike is decreased by 10%.
Wu Elite Archers: the damage of normal attack is lowered by 15%.
Noble Archers: the damage of normal attack is reduced by 15%.
Extra gains of special soldiers are boosted by 10%.

Bugs Fixed
Players could not change or write in other lines in English emails.
It did not show the remaining time of the time limited items in tasks, equipment and emails.
After checking other’s exploits, the exploits of oneself could not display.
The custom room could not automatically switch to room interface after the battle finished.
The gains of PVE could not be displayed normally.
The horse moving backwards could not be stopped.
The chosen respawn spot could not show normally after being occupied by others.
In Hulao Pass, the catapult kept on attacking the broken aerial ladder.

This is tomorrows patch.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Ok why do they only let you queue for 7v7 for one hour each night? The big open map is the only place my horse archers shine.

World Kraid Center
Oct 18, 2009
Oh cool looks like this game's back to not being a pure packet-losing slideshow and settling in at a comfyish 90 ping. it's kind of sad that it became unplayable almost immediately after I grinded the month of free VIP... but w/e

Seems this thread hasn't kept its grip on the soapy pair of balls that is goon attention. I'll be picking up our collective slack and earning glory and reports by kicking teammates out of executions, planting the Goon Sovereign Banner and securing the kill

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
This game is very fun and I see little reason to go over tier 5/6 when it gets grindy.

Would be much more interesting with a coordinated group, though. PvE Co-op is good casual stuff as well.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Co-op gets boring real fast. Some guys I used to play with just do it every night and it is pretty weird.

I should probably update the OP soon since we know more about the game now.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
This game is intensely becoming one of my favorites because it's like the huge mount and blade CRPG battles but without the massive time "investment".

The huge potential for cooperation and tactics to play a pivotal role in winning is also amazing. I can count many times when teams have turned the tide on a battle due to a mistake.

Having a premade on VOIP to play this game would be insanely fun.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

haven't played this game for a bit but I still like the idea, here are some patch notes from awhile back

quote:

For our major mid-February update, we plan to release a number of game features alongside our new Rome content. We are currently aiming to launch this update on February 10th 2017.

An Overhaul of the Battlefield
The battle field will be divided into three parts: the primary battlefield (T1-T4), intermediate battlefield (T5-T7), and high level battlefield. Soldiers of corresponding levels are matched into the same battlefield, and their qualities will be more balanced. We separate different levels of soldiers according to their skills, positions and numbers. For example, the higher level unit has fewer soldiers than the lower level, but it will be compensated by having elite troops. Even within the same unit, some soldiers are suitable for melee combat while others are good at ranged attack and the rest for disrupting the formation of the enemy. Soldiers belonging to the primary battlefield will only be matched with counterparts of the same battlefield. In addition, we have also optimized the matchmaking between lower level and higher level units.
We have also separated the soldiers’ EXP into primary, intermediate and high levels. If you want to level up to T7, you can use units of either T5 or T6 during battle to earn EXP, instead of leveling up using only T6.

蓝帖1.26.01
Community Created Artwork for Tiger Knight: Empire War
By: Frittata

To compliment this new divided battlefield, we plan to add a new function to allow players to choose soldiers according to the map, so that they can cooperate with teammates before the battle begins. We hope this change will diversify the units present on any given battlefield and provide an additional layer to tactical play.
Matchmaking has also been optimized to ensure that the players in a team or by themselves can find opponents of corresponding levels.

Wei Light Cavalries
Wei Mounted Archers are a fast light cavalry unit, well suited to harassing the enemy but offset by their weak power in melee combat. They choose the bow as their main weapon and combine this with a one-handed blade/shield. The armors they use have a range of materials such as cloth, iron and leather. Wei Mounted Archers utilize a range of protective materials including cloth and leather, while their horses are clad in top class iron armor.

蓝帖1.26.02
Community Created Artwork for Tiger Knight: Empire War
By: Frittata

Stay tuned for our next Developer Note, where we’ll talk more about the new Epic War, Siege Mode and the redesigned User Interface.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

quote:

Wei Light Cavalries

I still play this occasionally between checking for mount and blade 2 updates. Got 40k prestige saved up for those fuckers.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i have LITERALLY no idea what I am doing. are there any good guides for clueless newbies? i read the OP and skimmed the thread. should I be working on a particular unit line? :ohdear:

can I just shoot arrows at people? I'm terrible at M&B Melee style combat.

e: I went and did all the Training sessions, at least enough to get some Bs or As. Is it worth maxing out the proficiency?

e2: So when I upgrade a troop and I unlock armor, that unlocks it both for the troop and for me to wear?

Also the application list of Goon is full. :v:

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Feb 1, 2017

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

You could try searching the steam community, but I'm not sure how good the guides are.

You can in fact just play ranged units and be an archer if you really want. Biggest thing to remember if you haven't noticed is the aiming reticule is wrong and you have to aim slightly to the right all the time. Right now bowmen are long range units, where you tend to use their volley ability and treat them like artillary. Crossbows are more mid range and can be commanded to fire at a specific area by themselves. Repeating Xbows are loving murder machines but you only get them at higher levels and you have to be pretty close to use them. For personal equiptment, I find Xbows to be too slow and shortbows to be too inaccurate to use yourself, while the longbow is a good middle ground. You will have to learn a bit of mount and blade style combat though because people will ride up to gank you.

Ranged horse units are their own weird category. They're tricky to get right and on some maps they're awful. I wouldn't actually recommend them unless you really like being a flighty rear end in a top hat. I do though so that's what I mainly play. I could probably write an effort post about horse arching if you really want.

e: Yes you get new equipment through your troops. You have to click on it and buy it for yourself specifically before you can use it though. You can also get equipment by using 'exploits' which are from the dueling mode. If you're bad a M&B combat you'll hate that mode though.

Pavlov fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 1, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Two days for rome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1XNqzeoFZ8

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

What an informative trailer. Please game, tell me more about these "rome mans".

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Pavlov posted:

What an informative trailer. Please game, tell me more about these "rome mans".

Winning or losing Rome is a common occurrence.

Rome has been pushed back to the 17th thanks to some bug that may or may not reset a players progress. They're also gonna add 7 days of premium time to every account as compensation.

XENA I LOVE YOU fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 9, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Updated the OP with some information.

Patch hits tonight and servers should be up at midnight mountain time GMT-8

Rome is added
New maps
Wei archer cav
New siege mode
New lobby
New special units
A lot of changes to units kills

http://tk-en.oasgames.com/news/update-announcement0-1-73.shtml

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So your experience you earn is tied to both faction and tier bracket.

The UI has been changed, largely better, chat is still kinda poo poo.

Getting into the match maker takes a bit longer now due to how many clicks there are. You sign up for one of the 3 brackets.

Rome has 3 lines. Infantry which are released to tier 7, Cav that are not released, and another infantry, who knows maybe bows?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Tsurupettan posted:

Also the application list of Goon is full. :v:

I totally missed this but I cleared out the application list.

Guilds now give a small bonus to experience based on their level. Level 5 guild is 5% more.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
:siren: Changes that are actually important as of this patch :siren:

- pick dudes after map is picked
- revive timer now 3 seconds
- boost capture points are unknown at start of match and unlock after 3 minutes
- 6v6 instead of 5v5
- matchmaking tiers are now t1-4, t5-7, t8-10 and lower tiers within the bracket get a handicap
- premades fight premades, solos fight solos
- bad pubs everywhere to stomp

Summary: huge quality of life improvements that at the core make the game far less poo poo

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 18, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Current status

So the health camps that are dropped down don't last forever, only give 3 hp a tick, make a mess, but stack with health flags +9.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Applying for Goon. Ingame name is AlexanderTheOK.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You are in.

Cleared 2 other people off of the application list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Ok so turns out that wei light cav are assassins now. One of their abilities lets you target an individual player for them to all fire on. The targeting is kind of finicky, they have to be kind of close to you and not standing in the middle of their troops, but oh man is it fun when it works.

So if you find yourself charging at someone using wei horse archers, thinking their troops are preoccupied with yours, and you suddenly get 20 arrows to the face, now you know why.

• Locked thread