Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

thats not candy posted:

the weird buffeting afterwards is either gaijin trying to model damage or a bug, i'm not sure what it is but it happens a lot as of the last month

Definitely a bug, it's been pretty obnoxious lately. Seems like the server and client are disagreeing over your damage, so your predicted path is constantly wrong and it rubberbands as if in 50% packet loss to catch up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

thats not candy posted:

shilka shreds wings during dive recovery, one wing stalls so i'm almost inverted. jesus helps me kick it back over somehow and i fly away to change my flight suit

the weird buffeting afterwards is either gaijin trying to model damage or a bug, i'm not sure what it is but it happens a lot as of the last month

I'm surprised the stalled wing was able to recover feet you ate dirt. That's a pretty incredible save

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Psycho Society posted:

I'm surprised the stalled wing was able to recover feet you ate dirt. That's a pretty incredible save

yeah I don't think I should have been able to normally recover from that at all, I think the damage bug is what kicked me back over since it was pretty consistently snapping me several degrees into a right roll all the way home.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Gaijin teamwork: fucks off to left to kill something else, fucks off to right to kill something else, climbs for altitude, direct charge into the furball

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

I'm revising my opinion on German 6.7/7.0 being in a relatively bad place back to their teams just being incompetent after winning six matching in a row in the Caernarvon without dying entirely because of German players acting stupid as poo poo. Casemate TDs trying to push up alleyways on me, Panthers rushing across open ground, even an RU-251 managing a really good flank on me and then for some reason attempting to facetank my return fire rather than just outrun my turret rotation while I was alone. Are German players really just *that* used to being invincible to the front that they don't realize charging across open terrain at hull-down tanks is a really bad idea? Jesus.

Edit: Weirdly for how many people are playing the US and UK right now I've not gotten a single game against both the Soviets and Germans, it's either US/UK versus German or US/UK/USSR versus German, I'd expect it to be mixed up more.

ArchRanger fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 2, 2017

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I think GER/USSR is something the matchmaker purposefully avoids in higher tiers. It's been much rarer ever since Japan was added in general, at any rate.

Sard
May 11, 2012

German players are at an all time low for competency right now; I can tell you this because I'm consistently outscoring these dipshits while using Japanese tanks. I regret not getting the Horrendous pack now, just so I could show them how to use a Tiger while still grinding things out

Sard fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 2, 2017

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
I think the M46 horde has lessened some now people realize HEATFS isn't as good as people like to think. Too often you shoot and penetrate but you hit nothing of value or one crewmen absorbs all the damage and you die reloading.

That and the KT sale probably evened things out a bit.

YF-23 posted:

I think GER/USSR is something the matchmaker purposefully avoids in higher tiers. It's been much rarer ever since Japan was added in general, at any rate.

The last couple weeks I put a good 200 games on the T32 and it was about 80% US vs GR/RU, it started to get better towards the end, with more and more people playing the ST-A1s and such since it got the same ammo treatment as the M46 but nobody cared for that first little bit.

The matchmaker has faction preferences but is largely based on available players in the queue, I don't think it's terribly picky about who gets paired with who. I got games with Germany against Russia enough to not see any major limitations besides the available players at the given tier.

It might be impossible for the U.K. to get paired with Germany though, I have never seen it happen. Might be a holdover from the weird pairing mechanics they put in early on where there were so many Brits they could get matched to themselves.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 2, 2017

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
So many badly driven T29's, Sla16's and still a fair few IS6's floating around being obnoxious. The whole 6.7 range is just full of premium heavy tanks at the moment.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Are there any GE wager gravytrains left? T-34 in SB, maybe?

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Sard posted:

I usually max out the GE wagers in the p47m/m26 sb events. With a four man squad it's just trivial, but I often carry it solo by rocketing all the tiger2's at the beginning of the round.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Sard posted:

AB America 3.0. Two t-bolts and a hellcat oughta blow up enough tanks and poo poo your team is basically guaranteed a win, and sometimes you'll luck out and go against chumps in biplanes. If you're willing to downtier a cannonstang to 3.3, that also works well since you get all of the above plus a cannonstang and only really lose out on the sometimes getting to dunk on biplanes.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

War Thunder server patch posted:

M47 - increased fire rate from 6.6 per minute to 8 per minute. Source: TM 9-500 "DATA SHEETS FOR ORDNANCE TYPE MATERIAL.
M4 748 (a) - new shells available: T45 APCR shell and M89 smoke shell.
Planned Battle Rating changes.
Economy changes:
Repair costs and award multipliers of vehicles have been recalculated (details to follow).
The reward for damaging an enemy base has been reduced by 10% for 3rd rank and by 15% for 4th and 5th ranks.
The reward for destroying an enemy base has been reduced by 10% for 4th and 5th ranks.
Scoring for actions in the battle for ground vehicle PvE (“Assault”) has been increased by 30%, and for aircraft, reduced by 15%.
The costs for entering battle in the aircraft/ground vehicle PvE (“Assault”) has been increased by 30%.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
The M46 was only seeing 7.0 anyway as the matchmaker couldn't make it work without throwing them against IS-6 and Panther II. Now it will see more Leos and T-62s which isn't even problematic given its better fighting other mediums than annoying heavies.

Repair cost reductions are a small step in the right direction I guess :v:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Mazz posted:

The M46 was only seeing 7.0 anyway as the matchmaker couldn't make it work without throwing them against IS-6 and Panther II. Now it will see more Leos and T-62s which isn't even problematic given its better fighting other mediums than annoying heavies.

Repair cost reductions are a small step in the right direction I guess :v:

The m82 shot will be really good against leos right?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

underage at the vape shop posted:

The m82 shot will be really good against leos right?

Yep, its just like shooting Ru-251s. Hit any relatively clean shot and you'll murder it. The mantlet can be a little weird but thats about it.

The T-55/T-62 is more like an IS-6 from the front in that you'll need HEATFS but the entire side is as vulnerable as the T-44s you fight at 6.0. The turret shaping can be kinda dumb so be careful with shots on it from any angle.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The SU-122P does well against 8.0 tanks too, I'm happier with shooting Leos rather than Tiger IIs and Panthers.

Sard
May 11, 2012

All you need is speed :smug:\

e: Holy poo poo the :japan: Chaffee is the best

Sard fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 5, 2017

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Jesus loving christ the stock APCR on the T92 is garbage. At 6.7 its a loving helpless round that will not pen if the surface is not flat and will not kill unless you dead on hit the ammo.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Get that heatfs and then never slow down for any reason.

SpaceBanditos
Aug 29, 2006

Did you hear maracas?
I figured I'd stop back in and provide the resolution to my account issues in case anyone else is faced with a similar issue. I went back and forth with the support person for another round and they were able to review the IP/login records for my account and conclude that it wasn't me due to geography.

So after about a week it was all sorted out and I can go ram pubbies again. I'm glad it worked out because gently caress grinding all of that poo poo out again.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Sard posted:

All you need is speed :smug:\

e: Holy poo poo the :japan: Chaffee is the best

The Chaffee and the Cheeto are probably some of the best tanks on the Japanese tree. The Chaffee is a very solid light-medium tank with a decent amount of armor and the speed to flank and shoot everyone in the sides...and the roof-mounted BMG .50 means you can flail wildly at air and do something sometimes. The Cheeto on the other hand has a distressing lack of cheese dust, but it does come with sufficient armor to actually defend against incoming fire and a gun with similar characteristics to the Soviet 85mm that will just wreck anyone it faces.

Jack Forge
Sep 27, 2012
Got all the pasta props spaded now. The p.108a serie 2 with the 102mm gun is, not good. Can't kill cargo ships or higher, can't kill pills of any type either. Reload rate and shot dispersion are bad to crippling. Having tail surfaces that fall off with a stern look didn't help getting the derp gun on target.

The g56 and the 205 serie 3 are the best feeling and flying planes in that lineup. Good climb, good maneuverability, and good firepower/ammo counts.

They are all made of glass though.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
So with the advent of World War mode will the Goon squadrons become more active?
I'd be down to try it out, and crush some pubbies.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

I'd gotten a bit bored of war thunder and will have to see the implementation of world war mode to know if it's worth coming back for or not.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

while i hope that world war mode is good, given gaijin's complete and utter lack of any game design capability whatsoever i am not holding my breath

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
World War Mode will be the same maps and gameplay as before, just a two hour long session of one map after another with your gang. Even planes modes are starting to feel the suck, rolling out the PSVR support will help regain my interest and also new players but it feels like Naval will be the last breath.

So watch them roll it out having to research pumps, patches and fire exthinguishers.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
I started off playing on PC, and now I'm getting a PS4. I take it I'm poo poo out of luck in being able to use my PC account on PS4, right?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Exioce posted:

I started off playing on PC, and now I'm getting a PS4. I take it I'm poo poo out of luck in being able to use my PC account on PS4, right?

Yup. PS4 on PC works, still stuck shopping from PSN though.

Maybe I should cash out and sell my PC acc while the game still has life.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Italians added, boats upgraded to destroyers and coming soon, now's no time to be a bittervet.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Sard posted:

Italians added, boats upgraded to destroyers and coming soon, now's no time to be a bittervet.
I blame Norway being the most recent RB map. Gotten so bad I want Hokkaido spam.

Jack Forge
Sep 27, 2012

chairface posted:

I'd gotten a bit bored of war thunder and will have to see the implementation of world war mode to know if it's worth coming back for or not.

Tbh you got bored flying 3.0 American over and over.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Jack Forge posted:

:drat:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So, is the M15 even wonkier/worse than before? Managed to get not one but two kills in my Puma today by shooting through the crew's gun-shield and hitting nothing but an ammo rack, which sent the entire thing up in flames. That thing is the weirdest/silliest/most awkward American half-track by a mile.

Also, holy poo poo the Pz. III N got smoke shells AND grenades. I didn't realize the smoke update had blessed the tiny little murderbrick!

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
HEAT-FS is amazing but the Ru 251 really comes alive when you figure out that HESH action. Those sweet flanking shots onto the flat sides of US tanks are 1 shots all day. HEAT-FS will stay the default shell but when HESH works its really nice.

Sard
May 11, 2012

If anyone has doubts about the Japanese tank tree, the Type 60 SPRG is 100% worth it. It's a double-barrel HESH-dispensing murder car that hides like a champ and one-shots anything. Unfortunately it's BR 6.7 and only teams up with Germany in RB so it's not a good pick for that mode, since your team will be 90% dead in five minutes every time, but it's terrific in AB and SB. With only five shots per gun, you have to return to base to reload a lot, and there's a bug recently where the secondary gun doesn't replenish at all, but it doesn't matter. It's the Ki-200 experience in tank form. Size comparison and first sim battle:

Sard fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jul 13, 2017

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Jack Forge posted:

Largely yeah, although not only. My most ridiculous match ever was in a Halifax cuz those were absurdly OP when they came out. Downtiering a cannonstang into 3.3 as the americans is also pretty compelling for wiping entire enemy teams.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Are the F-84s the most undertiered planes in the game?
Every drat game they jump on you before you even pass your own base and then bounce on you endlessly.

Sard
May 11, 2012

GrossMurpel posted:

Are the F-84s the most undertiered planes in the game?
Every drat game they jump on you before you even pass your own base and then bounce on you endlessly.

The F-84G is pretty sweet, yeah.

:rice:https://warthunder.com/en/news/4832-event-viva-l-italia-fiat-g-56-improved-energy-fighter-en:rice:

quote:

From 12:00 GMT in the 14th of July till 07:00 GMT on the 17th of July

Participate in aircraft races with Italian aircraft
and win a unique camouflage created in memory of our consultant
for Italian aircraft, Marco Oculist.

Terms and Prizes:

1 first place victory - Unique "Viva l'Italia" camouflage for the G.56
100 position rating in the leaderboard - Unique "Herringbone" D1A camouflage for the G.56

The race will take place with the following aircraft: G.55 serie 1, G.55 sottoserie 0, G.55S and G.56 in Arcade and Realistic Battles.

Sard fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
RIP Marco.