Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

ChiTownEddie posted:

I am very very excited to watch Trout, Ohtani, and I suppose the White Sox tonight. Please let many homers be hit.

Julio Cruz posted:

Good news! Big Game James is pitching.

Well that was fast

E: and again

Accident Underwater fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Check out Twins/Royals if you get a chance

e: :q:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 9, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

IcePhoenix posted:

Check out Twins/Royals if you get a chance

e: :q:

You had to say something

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

iospace posted:

You had to say something

correct

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
mlb.com headline: Trout tallies 4th multihomer game of the season

Really? I'd have thought he'd have more

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
He also was 5/5 with all 5 hits coming on a full count.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Jesus, that's at least 30 pitches on a single batter. Even if he went 0-5 that's a contribution.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Trout leads baseball in walks even though he missed 20 games.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Trout leads baseball with a mammoth .460 OBP

Barry Bonds had a .444 career OBP

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Ryan Yarbrough won tonight and has a 14-5 record even though he's only started 6 games. He's the guy on the Rays who comes in in the 2nd inning when they use an "opener." If anyone cared about pitcher wins anymore he might get some RotY votes? Also, he broke fWAR

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Accident Underwater posted:

Trout leads baseball in walks even though he missed 20 games.

That's not that impressive - Chatwood's done the same thing.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Kirios posted:

That's not that impressive - Chatwood's done the same thing.

:drat:

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
if someone could beat the Astros, that'd be super

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dutchy posted:

if someone could beat the Astros, that'd be super

STRONGLY DISAGREE

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

N: Brewers win their 6th series in a row

v: Woo!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/MarkASimonSays/status/1038779877447614466

the gently caress

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
When did they call up McNeil

He’s good, I think

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

The Mets have been, at worst, mediocre for months. McNeil is part of it. Zack Wheeler has a 2.00 ERA over his last 13 starts. It's good stuff. I mean, Jay Bruce is still out there almost every day, so it's not great, but it's good.

No one notices though, because their record is still terrible. They went 15-39 over May and June. There's no coming back from that.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
they could def compete for the division next year if McNeil & wheeler keep it up, rotation doesn’t have any injuries, and Peter Alonso comes up and is the real deal

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

GalacticAcid posted:

they could def compete for the division next year if McNeil & wheeler keep it up, rotation doesn’t have any injuries, and Peter Alonso comes up and is the real deal

Mets

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Trout leads baseball with a mammoth .460 OBP

Barry Bonds had a .444 career OBP

Ted Williams was .482 which, old timey baseball or not, has always struck me as an utterly ridiculous stat.

e: the first player other than Bonds to show up on the best single season list since 1960 is Frank Thomas, who got on at a .487 clip in his second MVP year. Edgar had a .478 in 1995.

Joey Votto's best year is .474 which I'd imagine leads active players but I didn't actually check. Oops he came up short of qualifying. Trout will be the new active single season leader if he can stay ahead of Pujols .462 in 2008. Trout's at .465 right now actually, not .460.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Sep 9, 2018

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

lol yep.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/RoutineBaseball/status/1038820002835714049

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

He didn't even hit a homer!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Congrats to the Baltimore Orioles. First team to 100 losses.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I got a Mets hat and wore it to the grocery store. The check stand lady saw it and, in an apologetic tone, said, "I'm also a Mets fan."

This is gonna be a real conversation starter out here. She was also wearing a Seahawks lanyard and disgustedly said she was really a Giants fan, but she has to pretend because she lives in WA state.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Mike Trout would look great in Cardinal Red.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

b-minus1 posted:

gently caress offffffffffffffff

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1038840299483611136

lool

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I got a Mets hat and wore it to the grocery store. The check stand lady saw it and, in an apologetic tone, said, "I'm also a Mets fan."

This is gonna be a real conversation starter out here. She was also wearing a Seahawks lanyard and disgustedly said she was really a Giants fan, but she has to pretend because she lives in WA state.

How long until Mets Strong becomes a thing?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

Mike Trout is already boring enough to be in Yankee pinstripes. It's inevitable.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Mike Trout is going back hole to Millville Philadelphia

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
Loling that MLB rain delayed the Cubs at Nats game today for hours despite everybody knowing that they would not be able to play today and then rescheduling the game for a day when DC might get hit by a loving hurricane.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

JoeCL posted:

Loling that MLB rain delayed the Cubs at Nats game today for hours despite everybody knowing that they would not be able to play today and then rescheduling the game for a day when DC might get hit by a loving hurricane.

MLB: "Yeah, but at least it's not snowing! They'll be fine."

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Acuña hit his 25th homer today. Previous major leaguers to hit 25 in a season before their 21st birthday: Eddie Mathews, Orlando Cepeda, Al Kaline, Frank Robinson, Mel Ott, Alex Rodriguez.

edit: also, out of that group, the only two with unequivocally better age 20 seasons were Ott and A-Rod, though Mathews had an outrageous three-year run afterward and Robinson was consistently great for a long time.

elentar fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 10, 2018

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
My favorite part about Acuna is that he was my last draft pick in fantasy this year thanks to the Braves' service time fuckery.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

elentar posted:

Acuña hit his 25th homer today. Previous major leaguers to hit 25 in a season before their 21st birthday: Eddie Mathews, Orlando Cepeda, Al Kaline, Frank Robinson, Mel Ott, Alex Rodriguez.

Acuna's also only had like 350 at bats, compared to Freddie Freeman, as he was brought up late and he missed time

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

Willians Astudillo hit a two-run, walk-off home run today. He has more home runs than strikeouts now.

It's early, but he's doing it.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Well Played Mauer posted:

My favorite part about Acuna is that he was my last draft pick in fantasy this year thanks to the Braves' service time fuckery.

I hate that too but since they may well still win a division race they weren't supposed to I'm hypocritically prepared to smash the "Everybody Does It" button and enjoy the extra full year before he goes off to the Dodgers or Yankees or whoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder
I'm so hyped about Touki Toussaint that I read this soul-crushing article about how much it sucks to be a Hatian Dominican and how we may never see one in the majors again. (Touki isn't one though, he was born in Florida)

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/18900471/the-complicated-state-haitian-dominicans-mlb

• Locked thread