Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

gtkor posted:

Poch has been doing that galaxy brain kind of stuff with the cups the last couple of season though. It's dumb, and he obviously wouldn't be saying it if they were getting through semi-finals.

What a brutal week...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Cannon_Fodder posted:

What a brutal week...

Really it won't all fall apart until they go out vs Dortmund. If they don't get through that tie (which by all rights they probably shouldn't without Kane and Dele), then it's probably going to be a pretty bad period.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Brony Car posted:

The club aren't the ones labeling the Wolves match this, thankfully, but this is still stupid poo poo from the people paying ticket resellers those prices.

This isn't quite on the level of the 2007 Champions League Final victory bus.

The bus is funny out of context, but unless you're just going to have a plain red bus if you win you pretty much have to do it in advance, it's just that nobody took a photo of the Arsenal - Champions Of Europe bus before Juliano Belletti set fire to it

That said, this does not mean that I'm not working on an excellent "biggest bust since Lucie Wilde" joke to release into the wild in late March

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Cool

https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/1090016716002865154?s=19

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

gtkor posted:

Poch has been doing that galaxy brain kind of stuff with the cups the last couple of season though. It's dumb, and he obviously wouldn't be saying it if they were getting through semi-finals.

Pochettino posted:

“I never feel the pressure,” Pochettino said. “Even in the difficult moments, I haven’t felt the pressure. I have a good relationship with Daniel [Levy, the chairman] and he has never put pressure on me to get a trophy.”

Pochettino in 2015 before the league cup final against Chelsea. He's consistent.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
poor old rafa

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

it's kinda cool because not a single fan would blame him, and I'd actually kinda like to see him do it

I really hope these protests happen tonight but I doubt they will

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Actually Rafa should work for free and the fans should hug and kiss mike ashley

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

fat gay nonce posted:

if rafa likes being a manager so much why doesn't he do it for nowt?????????

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

fat gay nonce posted:

The better version of this was the suggestion that Rafa should stop complaining and pay for transfers out of his own pocket.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Still B.A.E posted:

The better version of this was the suggestion that Rafa should stop complaining and pay for transfers out of his own pocket.

10:59pm Thursday: Rafa completes the signing of 5 non league players and registers them for the PL squad
11:00pm Thursday : Rafa resigns

Wouldn’t even be mad, can’t be worse than Joselu

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

10:59pm Thursday: Rafa completes the signing of 5 non league players and registers them for the PL squad

would volunteer for this

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

11:00pm Thursday : Rafa resigns

Wouldn’t even be mad, can’t be worse than Joselu

Could it be worse than Xisco?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
remember when Ashley went on Sky and said that he hoped the club would be sold before January, but if not he promises he'll invest in the January window?

he's a good lad though that Mike

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Shrapnig posted:

remember when Ashley hired Dennis Wise and he scouted some kid on youtube and insisted Keegan buy him despite not wanting him at all and he was utter dogshit

he's a good lad though, is big Mike

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Yeah, I do remember that

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Big Mike was ready to pay Big Money for Lukaku but they brought the wrong one (and he failed a medical).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Which Newcastle manager was it that saw a kid playing and thought "ooh we should sign him" and it turned out to be a Newcastle player out on loan?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

sassassin posted:

Which Newcastle manager was it that saw a kid playing and thought "ooh we should sign him" and it turned out to be a Newcastle player out on loan?

Joe Kinnear and it was Shane Ferguson, now at Millwall

Shrapnig posted:

Xisco wasn’t as bad a player as he’s made out to be, he was offered an insane amount of money relative to his skill which nobody would ever pass up and immediately thrust into an environment with galactic levels of toxicity, scored on his debut and basically never played again. He didn’t complain in the media though and saw out his contract until about 5 months before it expired when they just paid him out. He wasn’t PL by any stretch but he’s been decent in the second divisions and tore up Thailand (this is a euphemism)

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

sassassin posted:

sounds like an extremely Joe Kinnear thing to do

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Googling that guy tryna figure out who he was, he made 9 appearances for Newcastle over 5 years. Wow.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Joe Kinnear and it was Shane Ferguson, now at Millwall

Xisco wasn’t as bad a player as he’s made out to be, he was offered an insane amount of money relative to his skill which nobody would ever pass up and immediately thrust into an environment with galactic levels of toxicity, scored on his debut and basically never played again. He didn’t complain in the media though and saw out his contract until about 5 months before it expired when they just paid him out. He wasn’t PL by any stretch but he’s been decent in the second divisions and tore up Thailand (this is a euphemism)

Didn't he get some abuse after pictures came out of him kissing other men while on vacation?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
it's great how newcastle fans hate ashley more than the chairman who called all their women dogs and whores

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

JFairfax posted:

it's great how newcastle fans hate ashley more than the chairman who called all their women dogs and whores

That's actually a compliment on Tyneside.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Brony Car posted:

Didn't he get some abuse after pictures came out of him kissing other men while on vacation?

Why do you think he went to Thailand?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lol gonna be a long night for Jose

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
That was fast. Should have known better than to have hope.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
where’s the mdt @

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

RideTheSpiral posted:

where’s the mdt @

Someone needs to make it.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Have you considered watching the Coppa Italia featuring Fabio Borini and Tiemoue Bakayoko

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

paddyboat posted:

Have you considered watching the Coppa Italia featuring Fabio Borini and Tiemoue Bakayoko

i have not.

is it good?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

JFairfax posted:

i have not.

is it good?

Milan is beating up on Napoli, so yes

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Wrong thread.

bessantj fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 29, 2019

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Raaaaffffffaaaaa!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Give Rafa an 8 year contract

Pep is bald

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

JFairfax posted:

dumb old misogynist or actively antagonistic idiot who's brought about two relegations, hiring joe kinnear twice, losing a constructive dismissal case against hero Keegan and briefly renamed the stadium the "Sports Direct Arena" which one is the bigger piece of poo poo hmm i can't decide.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Rafa is cool and good.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
Lmao at pep the bald fraud

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

tetsuo posted:

dumb old misogynist or actively antagonistic idiot who's brought about two relegations, hiring joe kinnear twice, losing a constructive dismissal case against hero Keegan and briefly renamed the stadium the "Sports Direct Arena" which one is the bigger piece of poo poo hmm i can't decide.

But he also brought about two promotions :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/beardedgenius/status/1090368838976372742